PDA

View Full Version : promising future? or more of the same.

DanHFC1875
28-05-2013, 02:21 PM
You've got to take some heart from the fact we seem to have some decent youngsters coming through: Forster, Handling, Harris, Caldwell etc. I have to think that without some decent editions next season and I don't mean just experience.... I mean experience of winning things, Winners. Then we could be onto another hiding to nothing. Griffiths is gone. Without him and our more than suspect defence, we'll win F all as the old saying goes. I am realistic, but I won't be settling for no Cups and bottom six. Europe could be the welcome boost we need..... But with who in the team!?

erskine-hibby
28-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Too early to say we will just have to see how the closed season pans out. One thing is for sure Pats got his work cut out.

lord bunberry
28-05-2013, 02:26 PM
The future seems far brighter than it was this time last year, we have got a few good youngsters at the club and a few decent players to go with them. We are going to need a couple of strikers if griffiths goes and maybe 2 full backs, but overall I'm more confident than I've been for a while

MagicSwirlingShip
28-05-2013, 02:27 PM
You've got to take some heart from the fact we seem to have some decent youngsters coming through: Forster, Handling, Harris, Caldwell etc. I have to think that without some decent editions next season and I don't mean just experience.... I mean experience of winning things, Winners. Then we could be onto another hiding to nothing. Griffiths is gone. Without him and our more than suspect defence, we'll win F all as the old saying goes. I am realistic, but I won't be settling for no Cups and bottom six. Europe could be the welcome boost we need..... But with who in the team!?

Winners cost £££.

We ain't got much of that I'm afraid. :rolleyes:

DanHFC1875
28-05-2013, 02:30 PM
Agreed, I'll never give up on Hibs, so I will see how the close season pans out. I'm not expecting fireworks though. Not sure how we'll sort it out. Let's hope Fenlons and the team he has next season realise it is actually a whole season, not just the first half.

GlenrothesHibee
28-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Promising future without a doubt. Ive not felt this good about Hibs in a long time. We have a lot to look forward to.

MagicSwirlingShip
28-05-2013, 03:22 PM
Agreed, I'll never give up on Hibs, so I will see how the close season pans out. I'm not expecting fireworks though. Not sure how we'll sort it out. Let's hope Fenlons and the team he has next season realise it is actually a whole season, not just the first half.

I'm quite positive about the season ahead.

Half of the love of being a Hibs fan, for me, has been watching our young players develop, and (tin hat on) watching them develop with other clubs once they have outgrown us - ie. Fletch, Thommo, Brown etc.

If Fenlon can get the right blend of seasoned pro's along with the young boys coming through - we're in for a treat :aok: