PDA

View Full Version : Should Leigh have taken a tumble?

itslegaltender
28-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Watched the game again last night, Fraser Foster definately hits Leigh after he knocked the ball past him in the first half. If he had taken a dive there it was a stonewall penalty. Could have had us in at half time at 1 v 2.

kdhibees1
28-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Remember he plays for Hibs mate, not scabby cheating hertz!!

DH1875
28-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Was def contact but doubt the ref would have given it. He was shocking.

Ozyhibby
28-05-2013, 01:45 PM
No

EuanH78
28-05-2013, 01:48 PM
No.

Willie Collum wouldn't have given it anyway. Some of the fouls he gave Celtc then didn't give Hibs were a nonsense.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2013, 01:58 PM
Whether he took a dive or not IMHO golum should have given a penalty as it was a foul

Mister P
28-05-2013, 03:50 PM
No!

Leigh is Hibs class

FromTheCapital
28-05-2013, 04:19 PM
If there was contact then I don't see why not? Doubt Collum would have game it anyway mind you... :rolleyes:

Holmesdale Hibs
28-05-2013, 04:50 PM
No. And good on him for not taking a dive. Hibs class.

frazeHFC
28-05-2013, 04:58 PM
If it helped get us in the game then hell yeah!

500miles
28-05-2013, 05:01 PM
Absolutely he should have. Referees in this country are too incompetent to see blatant fouls. You get no thanks for fighting to stay on your feet. Make sure the ref knows all about it.

As a club, we are far too easy on referees. Celtic got every 50/50 call because they are scared of Neil Lennon and the Celtic players getting in thier face. Even the playing field.

worcesterhibby
28-05-2013, 05:18 PM
No..contact was minimal and in no way impeded Leigh from getting to the ball. If he had gone down it would have been a dive. For me there is a big difference between making sure you actually fall over rather than just stumble when you are badly impeded and faking a fall completely when there is minimal contact that doesn't impede.

I hate all this "if there's contact it's a penalty" rubbish. Football is a contact game, always has been, and I hope it always will be. If you want to watch a non contact game tune into basketball.

erskine-hibby
28-05-2013, 05:22 PM
No..contact was minimal and in no way impeded Leigh from getting to the ball. If he had gone down it would have been a dive. For me there is a big difference between making sure you actually fall over rather than just stumble when you are badly impeded and faking a fall completely when there is minimal contact that doesn't impede.

I hate all this "if there's contact it's a penalty" rubbish. Football is a contact game, always has been, and I hope it always will be. If you want to watch a non contact game tune into basketball.

I'm with you on the contact bit, but there was contact that, had there not been, Leigh would have had a better angle to shoot from, so by the letter of the law it was a foul and therefore a penalty.

lyonhibs
28-05-2013, 05:39 PM
The contact was about as forceful as someone's granny patting you on the shoulder.

Would have been embarrassing if he'd gone down like a sack of spuds IMO. It's not like against Motherwell where Randolph ran along side him then clearly strong-armed him out of the way.

So, in summary, no.

snooky
28-05-2013, 05:45 PM
No.
Us purists can say Celtic were in the final because Kris Commons scored with his arm in the semi (good old Craig 'Hawkeye' Thomson).
If and when we win it, I want it to be clean as a whistle - unlike the tarnished game last year.

wee 162
28-05-2013, 06:18 PM

If there hadn't been contact he'd have got to the ball a fraction of a second earlier, possibly on his left foot, and with a better angle to pop it in. And it would have been 2-1. Happened too quickly for him to think about it, but if he'd went down we'd have had a penalty and most likely with them down to 10 men and that would have had an impact on the game (assuming Collum gave us an actual decision which is far from guaranteed).

Onceinawhile
28-05-2013, 07:07 PM
No, I'd far rather we got beaten easily, than he went down, possibly got us a penalty, a route back into the game and Celtic were down to ten men.

Eyrie
28-05-2013, 07:21 PM
There was very little contact and it would have been embarrassing if Griffiths had gone down. Besides, the extra official had an excellent view of the incident so whilst Collum may have been deceived by a dive he'd have quickly been corrected and Griffiths would have been rightly booked.

itslegaltender
28-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Extra official didn't see Hooper pushing Hanlon as the cross came in.

Just Alf
28-05-2013, 07:48 PM
No.
Us purists can say Celtic were in the final because Kris Commons scored with his arm in the semi (good old Craig 'Hawkeye' Thomson).
If and when we win it, I want it to be clean as a whistle - unlike the tarnished game last year.

This.... 100% this!