PDA

View Full Version : Full list of departing players

SlickShoes
28-05-2013, 12:27 PM
Does anyone have a full list of the guys that are out of contract or returning to parent clubs?

MrRobot
28-05-2013, 12:32 PM
McGivern
Sparky
Deegan
Doyle
Kuqi
Wotherspoon
Maybury
Murdoch
Claros
Thomson
Done

Think thats them all.

HTD1875
28-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Out of contract: Kevin Thomson, David Wotherspoon, Alan Maybury, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Sean Murdoch,
Pre-contract: Eoin Doyle (Chesterfield)
Already Left: Ivan Sproule (Ross County), Danny Galbraith (Limerick)
End of loan: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Ryan McGivern (Manchester City), Matt Done (Barnsley)

Mister P
28-05-2013, 12:56 PM
So is this an emptying?
If all of these guys go its looking rather barren IMHO.

jacomo
28-05-2013, 01:08 PM
So is this an emptying?
If all of these guys go its looking rather barren IMHO.

An enormous amount of work to be done this summer, as there was last summer and the summer before that and so on and so on.

Short term contracts are becoming ever more common down at our level so a certain amount of chopping and changing will be needed every season, but we are still suffering with a limited squad.

SlickShoes
28-05-2013, 01:13 PM
It's a lot of players to lose, hopefully some of them will stay but it will be an interesting summer for sure. We really need to get some folk back/in before this weird European adventure starts in 2 months.

Humo
28-05-2013, 01:15 PM
Out of contract: Kevin Thomson, David Wotherspoon, Alan Maybury, Pa Kujabi, Shefki Kuqi, Gary Deegan, Sean Murdoch,
Pre-contract: Eoin Doyle (Chesterfield)
Already Left: Ivan Sproule (Ross County), Danny Galbraith (Limerick)
End of loan: Leigh Griffiths (Wolverhampton), Jorge Claros (Motagua), Ryan McGivern (Manchester City), Matt Done (Barnsley)

Noooo Not Kujabi!!

RoxburghHibs
28-05-2013, 01:18 PM
On the plus side - Martin Scott is returning from his loan spell at Ross County.

:greengrin

sambajustice
28-05-2013, 01:18 PM
McGivern
Sparky
Deegan
Doyle
Kuqi
Wotherspoon
Maybury
Murdoch
Claros
Thomson
Done

Think thats them all.

How much do you reckon that is in wages?

And if we kept 3 of those, Wotherspoon, Thomson and Griffiths, what sort of SPL players should we be looking at going after?? Or are realistic targets?

The Leith Dutch
28-05-2013, 01:27 PM
An enormous amount of work to be done this summer, as there was last summer and the summer before that and so on and so on.

Short term contracts are becoming ever more common down at our level so a certain amount of chopping and changing will be needed every season, but we are still suffering with a limited squad.

Wouldn't dispute there's a lot of work to be done but if I think back to last year we're slightly further on.

Put it this way - at the end of last season who did we have (that wasn't on loan) that you'd have been at least OK putting in the team next season?
I'd have that as Paul Hanlon in the first team with Lewis Stevenson on the bench.

This year I think we have Williams, Hanlon, Taiwo, Harris and McPake (with the caveat that he's not on the treatment table so much and hopefully back to decent form).

Stevenson is still a decent squad player and Forster from what we've seen looks good.
Caldwell and Handling are now around the fairly regularly around the bench and can hopefully kick on.

Not exactly where I'd want us but hopefully we're adding some players to an at least decent base rather than starting from scratch.

pontius pilate
28-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Given that only 6 were getting full wages from us whatever that may have been. 4 were on loan with a % paid. Also that the cup run we had we should be looking at getting a v good standard of player in on proper contracts and not on loans. I'm sure there was a list of players who were out of contract in the summer who could so a job for us.
I'm hoping the OTJ rumour is true also McManus as well.

The Sea-gull
28-05-2013, 01:56 PM
Two first team players for each outfield position plus three keepers should be enough to see us through the season, supplemented by the odd emerging youngster:-

GK - Williams, Murdoch, Grant

RB - Clancy, plus new signing

LB - Stevenson, plus McGivern or new signing

CB - Hanlon, McPake, Forster, New Signing

M - Taiwo, Thomson (or new signing), Claros (or new signing), Robertson, Craig, Cairney, Harris, New Signing

F - Griffiths (or new signing), Handling, Caldwell, New Signing

Lot of work to be done. Could be looking at up to four resignings and four new signings or as many as 8 new players if we can't resign the out of contracters. Got a feeling it could be somewhere in the middle with perhaps two players resigning and six new signings/promotions from the youth team. Of any new signings we make, in order to bring in quality we might have to bring in a couple of loans again.

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2013, 03:04 PM
McGivern
Sparky
Deegan
Doyle
Kuqi
Wotherspoon
Maybury
Murdoch
Claros
Thomson
Done

Think thats them all.

Of that lot:

McGivern, Thomson, Claros and Sparky will either go to lower league England or back home in Claros's case.

Deegan, Maybury, Done and Kuqi will be no great loss.

Wotherspoon, has the ability to be a good player, but has to ask himself why he hasnt even made the bench in successive cup finals.

Doyle. Already gone and not exactly irreplaceable.

Murdoch. No idea, never seen him play.

I would pay good money to keep Sparky and Claros ...... Hibs almost certainly wont.