PDA

View Full Version : Hibs fans singing 15 mins from end

Mister P
28-05-2013, 08:54 AM
Dunno if already posted, couldn't see a thread regarding this.

15 mins or so from the end, did the hibs end erupt in song?

Dunnonifnit was just me own heightened sense of emotion but it felt like we had a sudden wave of passion and emotion.
We'll support u ever more, Alez Alez Alez au etc.

So was it just me?

Personally I don't fel anywhere as bad as last year, at least our players turned up and had a go, jut weren't good enough but I can take that.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 08:55 AM
To add to that, barely heard Celtc throughout the whole match.

JHFC
28-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Any videos of this?

Mister P
28-05-2013, 09:04 AM
This was going to be my next question.
If I've not imagined it, how come none of this comes across on the tv? Microphones strategically places around the stadium?

Same with the card display, absolutely genius but not even a mention of it on the telly. The did manage to to get the Celtc one on camera though.

HibeesLA
28-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Singing 'can you hear the Celtic sing' about 5 mins after the whistle too. A few people on the bus home comments on the fact that winning just means nothing to the Celtic fans anymore. The Hibs fans showed their appreciation I the team, the support and backing and passion was not out I place IMO, even though we were well beaten. For me, the future should be bright with the youngsters coming through. The final hurts, but that will pass, and lets hope Pat can build on those youngsters.

Good weekend in Edinburgh, and on the way home to LA now. See everyone again next year ;)

cabbageandribs1875
28-05-2013, 09:27 AM
This was going to be my next question.
If I've not imagined it, how come none of this comes across on the tv? Microphones strategically places around the stadium?

Same with the card display, absolutely genius but not even a mention of it on the telly. The did manage to to get the Celtc one on camera though.

which is why i've been quite baffled about all the threads about hibs fans patting themselves on the back for singing throughout and not hearing any sellick fans singing,(and nope i'm not disbelieving any of them) it was the exact opposite on my tellybox, and i did mention in a post on the match thread about why no singing to try lift the players, maybe it is indeed to do with the placement(or non placement) of microphones which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...as the BBC managed to miss quite a bit of the card display in the west and concentrated more on they dafty balloon things in the centre of the pitch

Green Man
28-05-2013, 09:31 AM
I recorded the game and watched some of it yesterday as I wanted to hear how the Hibs fans came across on the TV - about 5 minutes from the end you could hear us but it was nowhere near an accurate reflection and I wondered myself if we'd been turned down in the mix.

It seemed to start with we'll support you evermore and carried on from there. Superb.

adhibs
28-05-2013, 09:39 AM
The tv companies have full control over cameras abd microphone volumes. Fact their displaywas suposedly shown three times and ours no at all says it all. Stitch up to keep thee old firm mafia happy

Andy74
28-05-2013, 09:39 AM
I watched Sportscene on iplayer and about 3 times they go back to the Celtic display. You also couldn't really hear anyhting from Hibs end. Not a surprise though with any of the media here.

Whilst the displays are great to look at, for me they get in the way of enjoying part of the day that I love - seeing the teams come out and getting cheered on. I couldn't see anyhting other than the back of my card and everyone else's.

JHFC
28-05-2013, 09:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aFzKD2coQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is one video I have found.

GordonHFC
28-05-2013, 09:50 AM
If you listen to the BBC interview with Scott Brown after the final whistle all you can hear are the Hibs supporters singing.

28-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Hibs fans on sunday were unbelievable, made me incrediably proud to be a hibee :flag:

Showed our togetherness and strength. The hibee family, despite what that deluded bunch from gorgie said after May last year, are far far far from dead.

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC :flag::pfgwa:hibees

Booked4Being-Ugly
28-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Everything is set up to accomodate the Celtic FC machine and It's sickening to witness.

VickMackie
28-05-2013, 10:27 AM
The signing was fantastic.

I don't find hampden that loud. I'm sure the Celtic end would have sounded loud if you were in there.

Waxy
28-05-2013, 10:28 AM
The support was absolutely fantastic. Had a lump in my throat when all the emotion came out ten mins from the end. Hope we never get celtic in a final again. It's sickening watching the celebrations. They just go through the motions.

Mister P
28-05-2013, 10:35 AM
The support was absolutely fantastic. Had a lump in my throat when all the emotion came out ten mins from the end. Hope we never get celtic in a final again. It's sickening watching the celebrations. They just go through the motions.

Me too. Trying to sing with a wobbly voice. Just looking round and seeing all the passion cemented my reasons for being a Hibby.

Barman Stanton
28-05-2013, 10:35 AM
If you watch the bbc highlights, when Celtc players are getting interviewed after all you can hear is Hibs fans singing.

jonny
28-05-2013, 10:41 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6aFzKD2coQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player here is one video I have found.

A few "scarf twirlers" in the crowd there - not Hibs class.
As for the singing :top marks

Emerald
28-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I watched Sportscene on iplayer and about 3 times they go back to the Celtic display. You also couldn't really hear anyhting from Hibs end. Not a surprise though with any of the media here.

Whilst the displays are great to look at, for me they get in the way of enjoying part of the day that I love - seeing the teams come out and getting cheered on. I couldn't see anyhting other than the back of my card and everyone else's.

Agree 100%

DaveF
28-05-2013, 11:35 AM
which is why i've been quite baffled about all the threads about hibs fans patting themselves on the back for singing throughout and not hearing any sellick fans singing,(and nope i'm not disbelieving any of them) it was the exact opposite on my tellybox, and i did mention in a post on the match thread about why no singing to try lift the players, maybe it is indeed to do with the placement(or non placement) of microphones which wouldn't surprise me in the slightest...as the BBC managed to miss quite a bit of the card display in the west and concentrated more on they dafty balloon things in the centre of the pitch

The noise from Hibs fans towards the end was immense, so can only assume we were turned down. I'm not one for dishing our praise lightly :greengrin but it was great to be a part of. Hopefully, there will be more than a few of those cup final only Hibs fans who now make the effort to get down to ER on a more regular basis if they can do so.

TrinityHibs
28-05-2013, 11:44 AM
My mate who is a Celtc leech was in the debenture seats. He confirmed what I knew already that we out sung them throughout the game. He said that we drowned out the plastics after they scored their 3rd and thought the Can you hear the Celtc sing at the end was outstanding. He also confirmed there was a mass exodus around about him immediately the final whistle went

Kaff
28-05-2013, 11:58 AM
Rather than a conspiracy I think it is a total balls up from someone, whether SFA or tv I don't know. I go to Hampden a lot to watch Scotland and the atmosphere in ground compared to what is transferred via tv is totally different, I think they have the microphones pitchside of the advertising hoardings and this picks up match noise but it is a 'muffled' crowd noise that is picked up. As someone has said above, contrast the match footage to the interviews of Scott Brown etc and it is like night and day.
I'm not knocking Scotland games but I've seen good wins at the 'new' Hampden (Holland, France etc) have to say that Sunday's atmosphere in the North stand was better than any I've been to. I honestly believe if we had kept a clean sheet for 20 mins that with the backing we were giving the team the result could have been different.

danhibees1875
28-05-2013, 12:06 PM
The fans were brilliant. :agree:

Tom Hart RIP
28-05-2013, 01:01 PM
I remember the exact same happened in 1985 when Aberdeen were beating us 3-0.
For the last 10 mins the Hibs end erupted to show our appreciation to the team who were trying their best but had no hope against Fergies Aberdeen side.

Frazerbob
28-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I remember the exact same happened in 1985 when Aberdeen were beating us 3-0.
For the last 10 mins the Hibs end erupted to show our appreciation to the team who were trying their best but had no hope against Fergies Aberdeen side.

I made the same comparison after the game. It was similar to that game. Very pwoud!

Keith_M
28-05-2013, 01:51 PM

What's this 'Ally, Ally, Ally Oh' song they were singing?

:duck:

DH1875
28-05-2013, 02:01 PM
There were a goup of celtic fans sitting down near the front in the section next to the hibs fans. Made me laugh that with their team winning they werent backing or even watching their team but spent the last 10 mins watching us. They looked mightly impressed and cant help but think they wished it was them.

surreyhibbie
28-05-2013, 02:17 PM
Singing 'can you hear the Celtic sing' about 5 mins after the whistle too. A few people on the bus home comments on the fact that winning just means nothing to the Celtic fans anymore. The Hibs fans showed their appreciation I the team, the support and backing and passion was not out I place IMO, even though we were well beaten. For me, the future should be bright with the youngsters coming through. The final hurts, but that will pass, and lets hope Pat can build on those youngsters.

Good weekend in Edinburgh, and on the way home to LA now. See everyone again next year ;)

:top marks

On the train back to Surrey.

Great response from the fans, put the lesser greens to shame.

Seeya next year guys, hopefully a lot sooner :wink:

H18sry
28-05-2013, 02:21 PM
Dunno if already posted, couldn't see a thread regarding this.

15 mins or so from the end, did the hibs end erupt in song?

Dunnonifnit was just me own heightened sense of emotion but it felt like we had a sudden wave of passion and emotion.
We'll support u ever more, Alez Alez Alez au etc.

So was it just me?

Personally I don't fel anywhere as bad as last year, at least our players turned up and had a go, jut weren't good enough but I can take that.

http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/anthony-brown-hibs-beaten-on-the-pitch-but-in-the-stands-fans-won-hands-down-1-2945497 :wink:

jarre1875
28-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Hibs fans on sunday were unbelievable, made me incrediably proud to be a hibee :flag:

Showed our togetherness and strength. The hibee family, despite what that deluded bunch from gorgie said after May last year, are far far far from dead.

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC :flag::pfgwa:hibees

Totally agree. Couldn't have said it better myself.

SaulGoodman
28-05-2013, 05:11 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22676672

Listen to Browns and Stokes' interview :faf:

Bighoose
28-05-2013, 05:29 PM
To me it all seemed to start when Celtic tried to sing "You'll never walk alone" (yet again stolen from another team).

Scarves in the air, they got one line in and then the Hibees to a man/woman decided, **** this we're just going to sing louder and longer and off we went. All the scarves just then went down.

Like others have said, I had a wee tear in my eye at the sight and sound.

GGTTH

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

adhibs
28-05-2013, 05:47 PM
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/22676672

Listen to Browns and Stokes' interview :faf:

looks like brown is looking over thinking wtf :faf:

oldbiker
28-05-2013, 05:47 PM
one of the mikes with the dead cat on got knocked with the ball and was pointing at the sky for a lot of the second half.

I was almost on the half way line opposite the dugouts and it was really noisy with some cracking singing but it does not sound like it on the telly.

might have been that mike

iwasthere1972
28-05-2013, 06:01 PM
Recorded the match on Sky and when I watched the beginning and the end of the game all I saw was the cameras focused on their support. About 10 or 15 minutes before the kick off I could hear the song YNWA which the unwashed were singing along to. Did they play Sunshine on Leith?

I know it wasn't a singing contest but we outsang them throughout the game and particularly at the end. Sky and the Beeb's coverage of this was very pro-Celtic.

GGTTH. Roll on next year.

Bad Martini
28-05-2013, 06:27 PM
They can ram their telly.

We made far more noise losing than they did winning. And they're the greatest fans on the planet mind. Bams.

ENDOF

Kato
28-05-2013, 08:21 PM
The tv companies have full control over cameras abd microphone volumes. Fact their displaywas suposedly shown three times and ours no at all says it all. Stitch up to keep thee old firm mafia happy

Can't be anything other than deliberate. Really, really petty behaviour. We pay our TV license to employ these dicks.

Kato
28-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Everything is set up to accomodate the Celtic FC machine and It's sickening to witness.

#corporate

The Falcon
29-05-2013, 06:59 AM
There was a good article in Mondays Daily Mail by John Greechan and the Scotsman by Anthony Brown about the Hibs support.

sven nil
29-05-2013, 06:33 PM
What's this 'Ally, Ally, Ally Oh' song they were singing?

:duck: it was the same as ours ,but ended hibernian fc ,beat by half past three, we would have been proud of that one!

Paisley Hibby
29-05-2013, 06:58 PM
http://www.scotsman.com/edinburgh-evening-news/opinion/anthony-brown-hibs-beaten-on-the-pitch-but-in-the-stands-fans-won-hands-down-1-2945497 :wink:

Good artilce. Shame about the usual Yam Trolls in the comments section. They seem to have some kind of OCD about us.

NGH
29-05-2013, 09:30 PM
http://youtu.be/E8U1rnce-t8

Lelopoli
30-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Hibs fans won the match:aok:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLUJiKskiaI

IainA
30-05-2013, 09:34 PM
To me it all seemed to start when Celtic tried to sing "You'll never walk alone" (yet again stolen from another team).

Scarves in the air, they got one line in and then the Hibees to a man/woman decided, **** this we're just going to sing louder and longer and off we went. All the scarves just then went down.

Like others have said, I had a wee tear in my eye at the sight and sound.

GGTTH

http://www.hibs.net/images/smilies/not%20worthy.gif

That appears to be exactly what happened in my opinion. An experience that will live with me for years as we were all emotional and proud of the effort this year.

Amazing - we are Hibernian FCC alright

McHibby
31-05-2013, 01:53 AM
Recorded the match on Sky and when I watched the beginning and the end of the game all I saw was the cameras focused on their support. About 10 or 15 minutes before the kick off I could hear the song YNWA which the unwashed were singing along to. Did they play Sunshine on Leith?

I know it wasn't a singing contest but we outsang them throughout the game and particularly at the end. Sky and the Beeb's coverage of this was very pro-Celtic.

GGTTH. Roll on next year.

Yeah, they did play Sunshine on Leith, but it was roughly 5-10 minutes before kick off.