PDA

View Full Version : Clearout (including Fenlon)

Mike4185
27-05-2013, 09:02 PM
The singing, the pride, the atmosphere....it's all smoke and mirrors from the simple fact that we have a poor squad run by a manager (and tactical staff) that are out of his depth.

Ask yourself how many of our players would walk into Motherwell, St Johnstone, Ross County etc and you'll soon realise not many which is unacceptable for Hibs.

We need quality in every single position on the pitch so where is Rod Petrie going to start the search......answers on a postcard

Viva_Palmeiras
27-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Prepare for launch...

Curly1875
27-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Oh dear...

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 09:05 PM
The singing, the pride, the atmosphere....it's all smoke and mirrors from the simple fact that we have a poor squad run by a manager (and tactical staff) that are out of his depth.

Ask yourself how many of our players would walk into Motherwell, St Johnstone, Ross County etc and you'll soon realise not many which is unacceptable for Hibs.

We need quality in every single position on the pitch so where is Rod Petrie going to start the search......answers on a postcard

LT(sad)YF

Speedway
27-05-2013, 09:05 PM

You know, you're onto something.

Let's clear out the fans, the boardroom and all staff while we're at it...ah no, that's the summer strategy at Tynecastle....darn it.

Back to the drawing board.

nribs
27-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Tin Hat on i hope!!

Not the best Hibs team ever but compared to the team Fenlon took overit's night and day. And at last we have some youbg talent we can talk about. Feblon is doing all right in my book

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 09:07 PM

Well most of them will need to walk into somewhere very soon unless they want to stay on the site and stack shelves. :bye:

jdships
Oh dear...

Think the OP has had too many sherberts :confused:

Hiber-nation

What about Tam McCourt? Are the strips washed and laid out to the required quality?

Waxy
27-05-2013, 09:09 PM

We need quality in every single position on the pitch so where is Rod Petrie going to start the search......answers on a postcardTwo cup finals in two years unexpectedly.Very much on top of the yams this year.
Pats just started.

Sir David Gray
Absolute nonsense.

Fenlon's been with us for 18 months and has made considerable improvement in that time. There's still a long way to go before we're in a position where a club like Hibs should be in but we're going in the right direction.

A place in the top four next year is a must though.

Wotherspiniesta
Tell you what, we might not be world beaters, but there's not one single Hearts player I would've had in our starting line up yesterday.

GGTTH

hibIBZ
The tea ladies forgot the sugar..
.. Get them out

sbell1875

I agree. I was expecting a domestic treble this season. Christ Almighty...

JohnStephens91
27-05-2013, 09:11 PM
Yamasaurus post

Stringer
27-05-2013, 09:11 PM
oh FFS!

Needs to get in the top 4 next season thou, IMO.

CallumLaidlaw
27-05-2013, 09:12 PM
That's your first ever post on here??? Brilliant!!! :aok:

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Im fully behind Fenlon and so should you be. We're going in the right direction.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 09:15 PM

Hi Mike, welcome to Hibs.net

Now LTYF :fenlon

Hibs Class
27-05-2013, 09:16 PM
Tell you what, we might not be world beaters, but there's not one single Hearts player I would've had in our starting line up yesterday.

GGTTH

:agree: Reckon between 6 & 10 (nearer 10) of our team would have walked into the hearts team that started the last derby.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 09:18 PM

GGTTH

You're right W and definitely not a single one of their supporters.

Sylar
27-05-2013, 09:19 PM
Admins - can I please have Mike's 50k vButtons before you launch him?

Added to the reboot for next season, I might have a chance of buttons beyond December :aok:

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 09:20 PM

:fenlon

Westie1875
27-05-2013, 09:22 PM

And...5, 4, 3, 2, 1................. :yw:

Winston Ingram
27-05-2013, 09:22 PM

GGTTH

I'm struggling to think of many Yams that would walk into Motherwell, St Johnstone, Ross County etc. Was going to say Webster/Zaliukas but they're no longer there. I suppose that's to be expected from a team that finished 10th. :agree:

harvthehibee
27-05-2013, 09:23 PM
Not even read the whole thread but the title encouraged me to post!
Fenlon out? first year saved us from relegation and a cup final this year 7th and a cup final, see if next year he gets us just 4th is that not good enough like? Are some people of the mind that we should be wining the league? WE DO NOT HAVE THE RESOURCES and players of a "decent quality" don't generally want to play in the spl so yes by some peoples standards we will always have a poor squad. And just finally having a go at the singing at the end of the cup final? That made me proud to be a hibby but the OP is probably right we should all have gone home after the second goal I mean whats the point in supporting your team til the end eh we should all just be negative and talk about how crap we are, 2 cup finals in two years and improving league position and yet Fenlon and everyone else should be sack :dizzy: deary me.

CraigHibee
27-05-2013, 09:25 PM
I'll phone the taxi for you ;-)

Glory Lurker
27-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Somewhere in Yamland, Mike's handler is getting totally carpeted by his superiors for this new agent completely blowing his cover on his first post.

Gus Fring
27-05-2013, 09:26 PM

:lolyam:

As first posts go, this is a belter. Here's the team from yesterday, I've bolded the ones I reckon could get into the other teams you mentioned.

01 Williams
03 McGivern
04 Hanlon
18 Maybury
37 Forster
08 Claros
20 Taiwo
33 Harris
38 Thomson (Caldwell - 76' )
09 Griffiths Booked (Stevenson - 84' )
10 Doyle (Handling - 71' )

nonshinyfinish
27-05-2013, 09:27 PM
Best first post ever.

:giruy:

Jack
27-05-2013, 09:28 PM
Cool.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 09:29 PM
These pesky Yams are hovering like HMRC inspectors over Tynecastle. Tramps.

harvthehibee
27-05-2013, 09:31 PM
These pesky Yams are hovering like HRMC inspectors over Tynecastle. Tramps.

:top marks

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 09:33 PM
What a plum

Hank Schrader
27-05-2013, 09:33 PM

I hope your next sh*te is a hedgehog you Jambo knob.

Peevemor
27-05-2013, 09:35 PM
I hope your next sh*te is a hedgehog you Jambo knob.

... and that his baws fester but don't drop off. :agree:

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Bang on mate, couldnt agree more. I know where you are coming from.

Hoof ball
Ideas and a sense of self worth way beyond what they actually are or ever will be.
Losing a cup final.
Unable to sign the standard of players that were available in the past.
Lets face it... next stop relegation unless something changes.

You are right ......... change is needed at your club.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
27-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Paddy fenlons green & white army!

hfc rd
27-05-2013, 09:41 PM
Blimey! Some first post that. You're saying what players would walk into the likes of Ross County, St Johnstone etc. Ivan Sproule & Patrick Cregg are two former Hibs players that have walked into those 2 sides. I'm sure they would happily take the likes of Williams, Claros & Griffiths if they had the finances. That's your question answered.

#FromTheCapital
27-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Pish attempt at a wind up. Where's the originality these days? Have fun next season with a 15 point deduction, a rookie manager who loves getting pissed on and the 'best bunch of youngsters the countries ever seen' :faf: providing yous make it through the summer ya bell end.

poolman
27-05-2013, 09:50 PM
What about Tam McCourt? Are the strips washed and laid out to the required quality?

Exactly what I was thinking

Not enough softener in the wash

Seven up
27-05-2013, 10:01 PM
prepare for launch...

pmsl!!!!!!!

Saturdays Hero
27-05-2013, 10:06 PM

GGTTH

C'mon surely McHattie would get a game ;-)) LOL.....but your correct there's not a Hertz player I would have had in our starting line-up !!

Kato
27-05-2013, 10:13 PM
......answers on a postcard

Dear Mike,

Wish you were here, also wish you were laying yourself down horizontal in a pool of your own self-produced liquid waste matter. Speak soon, K.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Is this guy for real.
As everyone else has stated 2 cup finals in 18 months progressive higher league finishes a decent squad with more quality to come in.

Not to worry though I'm sure the yams can get jobs as a Jannie in the new apartments or even better as a trolley pusher at the new supermarket instead of the ****hole they have just now.
Ltyf

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 10:14 PM
While we're at it we should get rid of the throw ins coach. Oh wait ........... :greengrin

half.time.draw.
27-05-2013, 10:15 PM

GGTTH

Andy Webster 👍

hibee19
27-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Clearly we are not where we want to be but Pat has done enough to deserve next season to really prove himself, he will have had enough time to build but i'm quietly confident about PF going forward.

While I don't agree with you, you don't deserve the abuse. If we all agreed on everything this site would be rendered fairly pointless.

Pat 0-7
27-05-2013, 10:44 PM
:applause: Nice try......... :jamboclow:trumpet::brokenyam::lolyam:

hibee_nation
27-05-2013, 10:47 PM
Clearly we are not where we want to be but Pat has done enough to deserve next season to really prove himself, he will have had enough time to build but i'm quietly confident about PF going forward.

While I don't agree with you, you don't deserve the abuse. If we all agreed on everything this site would be rendered fairly pointless.

Aye he does as do some other yam fuds on here.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 10:47 PM

Wrong forum. LTYF.

HibbiesandtheBaddies
27-05-2013, 10:48 PM

Pedantic_Hibee
27-05-2013, 10:52 PM

Nae offence, but you're an absolute bell. Cheers.

The Green Goblin
27-05-2013, 10:55 PM
Lots of new user names these days....

Well, just preparing for the day when there's only one team and forum to visit, I suppose :greengrin

RIP
27-05-2013, 11:23 PM
New member with small rod catches fifty-three fish

Fifty-four now

hibee19
27-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Aye he does as do some other yam fuds on here.

If he is a yam at the wind up fair enough but new posters with a critical point deserve their chance to say what they feel needs to be said.

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 11:31 PM
If he is a yam at the wind up fair enough but new posters with a critical point deserve their chance to say what they feel needs to be said.

You honestly think thats a hibs fan being genuine?

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2013, 11:31 PM
Best first post ever.

:giruy:

oooh i'l lay my last Vbuttons on the OP having frequented here using another Nom de plume

hibee19
27-05-2013, 11:37 PM
You honestly think thats a hibs fan being genuine?

I don't know, we all have different views and his are extreme but there was another thread about some guy shouting Fenlon out etc. Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes is all I'm saying.

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I don't know, we all have different views and his are extreme but there was another thread about some guy shouting Fenlon out etc. Innocent until proven guilty in my eyes is all I'm saying.

Aye, fair enough.

I've often thought some posters can sometimes be a bit quick to label a new poster a yam.

hibee_nation
28-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Aye, fair enough.

I've often thought some posters can sometimes be a bit quick to label a new poster a yam.

Fair enough he may not be a yam, surely we can all agree he is a right roaster though. :greengrin

Fergus52
28-05-2013, 12:17 AM
Fair enough he may not be a yam, surely we can all agree he is a right roaster though. :greengrin

aye, of course :greengrin

For the record I do think he is a yam, I just feel we're sometimes a bit harsh on other posters.

hibee19
28-05-2013, 12:21 AM

Sometimes your emotions can get the better of you though. Towards the end of yesterdays game I decided I was totally done with football, whats the point. For me that lasted about 60 seconds but some hold onto the hurt or the anger.

gegs70
28-05-2013, 01:18 AM
I think we have seen some improvemnt, some devent young players coming through and 2 cup finals...not bad.

We have also seen the acquisition of some poor players such as Done and Kuqi who personally I would sack the scout who recomended them? Also some tactics that were a little naive....

But I dont think it would be a great idea to change anything at this moment...some stability is important.

hibee19
28-05-2013, 01:25 AM
I think we have seen some improvemnt, some devent young players coming through and 2 cup finals...not bad.

We have also seen the acquisition of some poor players such as Done and Kuqi who personally I would sack the scout who recomended them? Also some tactics that were a little naive....

But I dont think it would be a great idea to change anything at this moment...some stability is important.

Thats where I would criticize Fenlon the most, the players he has brought in. Yes there is a few good ones but theres also Kuqi, Done, Deegan, Kujabi while Maybury and Doyle haven't been quite as bad as those but not good enough. The jury is still out on the likes of Cairney, Robertson and Clancy. With less needs to fill and having learned from his mistakes I think he'll make better decisions in the future.

Pete
28-05-2013, 01:44 AM
Clear out (including all these hearts trumpets pretending to be hibs fans who have suddenly appeared from nowhere and have plenty to say for themselves, usually negative stuff which they either blatantly come out with or try and get in sneakily)

Drem
28-05-2013, 05:01 AM

At least the pitch is better now:greengrin

Keith_M
28-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I wouldn't worry about having a good clearout at ER, I heard all the players and management went for a really hot curry after the game and the rest, as they say, is history.

HTD1875
28-05-2013, 08:08 AM

Williams, Claros, Taiwo, Thomson, Harris and Griffiths for a start. Plus we've got Craig coming next season who has been one of stJohnstones best players for years.

TAHibby
28-05-2013, 09:16 AM

Hi Mike, welcome to hibs.net. Care to elaborate on those points you've made? Who exactly in the first team would not get a game anywhere else? Where should Fenlon have taken the team in two seasons?

Hibbyradge
28-05-2013, 09:30 AM
#whatafanny

Wotherspiniesta
28-05-2013, 10:53 AM
Andy Webster 

Nope! Liability.

Devilstorment
28-05-2013, 11:00 AM
fallen for the .net clanger... criticising hibs with less than 50 million posts

..... verdict YAMALAMADINGDONG

Fergus52
28-05-2013, 12:00 PM
What ever happened to the ltyf smilie with the catapult?

I haven't been able to find it the last few days.