PDA

View Full Version : Is it all a big fix?

SuperTortolano
27-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Yesterday the big Hibs inflatable was removed from the tunnel (not sure when, but with at least 30 minutes to go) while the ticks was still there ready to be moved out for their celebrations.

So either the powers that be had written Hibs off with most of the second half to play or they new Hibs weren't going to win!

I remember sitting there at the last final against them and thinking that with it being Larsons last game for them, we have no chance of winning.

So, is it all a big fix?

3pm
27-05-2013, 07:39 PM
No.

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Yesterday the big Hibs inflatable was removed from the tunnel (not sure when, but with at least 30 minutes to go) while the ticks was still there ready to be moved out for their celebrations.

So either the powers that be had written Hibs off with most of the second half to play or they new Hibs weren't going to win!

I remember sitting there at the last final against them and thinking that with it being Larsons last game for them, we have no chance of winning.

So, is it all a big fix?

The last final we played against them was nowhere near Larsons last game for them.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 07:40 PM

So either the powers that be had written Hibs off with most of the second half to play or they new Hibs weren't going to

So, is it all a big fix?

So you're suggesting that Hibs would be in on this big fix then?

In answer to your question

NO

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I will give you the benefit of the doubt that your tounge is well and truly in your cheek....

Franck Le God
27-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I'd say so. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Stuart Regan nip in at the back post to score their 2nd.

TrinityHibs
27-05-2013, 07:42 PM
No

SaulGoodman
27-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Funnily enough if you look at the photo of Latapy holding the cup at the start,

Enlarge the photo several times and then clear up the image, much like CSI, you'll notice Celtics name pre-engraved onto the base of the trophy!

It's a fix I tell you!

CropleyWasGod
27-05-2013, 07:57 PM
Funnily enough if you look at the photo of Latapy holding the cup at the start,

Enlarge the photo several times and then clear up the image, much like CSI, you'll notice Celtics name pre-engraved onto the base of the trophy!

It's a fix I tell you!

They had green and white ribbons on the Cup before the game even started. :agree:

frazeHFC
27-05-2013, 08:16 PM
When we were there the day before doing the display 'congratulations celtic' came up on the electronic boards around the pitch (actually did), fix I tell ye!

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 08:25 PM

So, is it all a big fix?

Not quite Kennedy and the Grassy Knoll there Super T.

SuperTortolano
27-05-2013, 08:33 PM
I know it's not "no shadows" (moon conspiracy) etc, but I was hoping that someone would reply "the inflatable broke" or something like that. So my question remains, why was our inflatable removed with so much time to play?

Gatecrasher
27-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I know it's not "no shadows" (moon conspiracy) etc, but I was hoping that someone would reply "the inflatable broke" or something like that. So my question remains, why was our inflatable removed with so much time to play?
I had actually noticed this as well, ours was put away before the 2nd half started. No fix though. just sensible planning.

Thecat23
27-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Because even Stevie Wonder could see Hibs could have played till next Sunday and not scored. Celtic had a very comfortable game. Never broke sweat. When we lost the second I knew any goal would only be a bonus. Injured striker up front alone!! I'd have removed it soon as the second went in.

Gus Fring
27-05-2013, 09:03 PM

I've just asked, here's what happened.

There are 2 tunnels in the south stand and after the pre-match "pyro and ballyhoo" one was placed in each tunnel. Celtics was placed in the east tunnel and ours in the west tunnel. It was decided that at least one of the tunnels needed to be completely clear in case of an emergency (ambulance entrance/exit) so the Hibs one was moved out of the west tunnel (because its the best exit for getting onto a main road) the inflatable part (the white bit with William Hill written on it) was then deflated and shoved into the back of a truck. The Club crest was detached and taken around to the east tunnel where, had Hibs won, the Celtic crest would have been detached and the Hibs one attached.

No big conspiracy I'm afraid, sorry to disappoint.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2013, 09:04 PM

So, is it all a big fix?

Larsson was with them for another 3 years after that final.

Hibercelona
27-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I had actually noticed this as well, ours was put away before the 2nd half started. No fix though. just sensible planning.

Pat probably told them to stick it away. :rolleyes:

3pm
27-05-2013, 09:24 PM
Because even Stevie Wonder could see Hibs could have played till next Sunday and not scored. Celtic had a very comfortable game. Never broke sweat. When we lost the second I knew any goal would only be a bonus. Injured striker up front alone!! I'd have removed it soon as the second went in.

**** that, he belongs to Wolves now!! :o)

Peevemor
27-05-2013, 09:26 PM
I've just asked, here's what happened.

There are 2 tunnels in the south stand and after the pre-match "pyro and ballyhoo" one was placed in each tunnel. Celtics was placed in the east tunnel and ours in the west tunnel. It was decided that at least one of the tunnels needed to be completely clear in case of an emergency (ambulance entrance/exit) so the Hibs one was moved out of the west tunnel (because its the best exit for getting onto a main road) the inflatable part (the white bit with William Hill written on it) was then deflated and shoved into the back of a truck. The Club crest was detached and taken around to the east tunnel where, had Hibs won, the Celtic crest would have been detached and the Hibs one attached.

No big conspiracy I'm afraid, sorry to disappoint.

Aye right! Pull the other one! D'ye think ma heid buttons up the back? I didn't come up the Clyde on a banana boat you know. Definitely a FIX!

F###in' BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

nonshinyfinish
27-05-2013, 09:32 PM
So it's not all a fix? Does that mean I don't need this tinfoil hat?

Jones28
27-05-2013, 09:42 PM
I know for a fact that Celtic had their name engraved on the cup 2 days ago :agree:

snooky
27-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I know for a fact that Celtic had their name engraved on the cup 2 days ago :agree:

Aye and so have Hibs - next to 1902, no? :dunno:

Gus Fring
27-05-2013, 10:57 PM

It started being engraved before the end cause a few seconds were shown on the big screen before it was changed.

The Green Goblin
27-05-2013, 11:00 PM
It started being engraved before the end cause a few seconds were shown on the big screen before it was changed.

The boy started engraving at around 83 minutes.

Rodsterino
27-05-2013, 11:01 PM

With about 8 mins to go iirc

Boyle89
27-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I'd say so. In fact, I'm pretty sure I saw Stuart Regan nip in at the back post to score their 2nd.

Haha outstanding!!