PDA

View Full Version : Disgraceful Hibs Fan

Biff Tannen
27-05-2013, 05:25 PM
As I left hampden yesterday a hibs fan in his mid forties shouted out 'IF U HATE THE *** MUSLIMS CLAP YOUR HANDS' in the street. I was disgusted and me and my mate were quick enough to give him a piece of our mind and he sheepishly walked away smiling.

What was also disgusting is that he was with his 5 year old laddie. What hope is that laddie got growing up with a faither like that? 2young teenage lassies who were behind him told us to F off as well!!

Anyway, if your reading this (which I doubt, as your iq is likely to be 3) I hope you are proud of yourself.

WELT

_hucks_
27-05-2013, 05:29 PM
Glad you challenged him; the best way to minimize these incidents is for the rest of the support to do the same.

Biff Tannen
27-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Glad you challenged him; the best way to minimize these incidents is for the rest of the support to do the same.

aye mate he needed told. Felt sorry for the wee laddie

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Every support has it's erseholes.

Well done on challenging him.

Bet he loved Zemamma, Benji, Bamba as well.

kdhibees1
27-05-2013, 06:18 PM
My word! There really are some doughballs in the world!!

Aaron
27-05-2013, 06:23 PM
The guy who cuts my hair is friends with zemamma trying to twist his arm to get him back up here

Nut House?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Viva_Palmeiras
27-05-2013, 06:26 PM
Blummin Eck this board it turning into Point of View...

disgruntled from Canonmills....

not singling this post out in particular - all forms of racism are abhorrent - my wife is foreign - but thread after thread singling out isolated incidents well ... It's like and another thing...

yeezus.
27-05-2013, 06:32 PM
As I left hampden yesterday a hibs fan in his mid forties shouted out 'IF U HATE THE *** MUSLIMS CLAP YOUR HANDS' in the street. I was disgusted and me and my mate were quick enough to give him a piece of our mind and he sheepishly walked away smiling.

What was also disgusting is that he was with his 5 year old laddie. What hope is that laddie got growing up with a faither like that? 2young teenage lassies who were behind him told us to F off as well!!

Anyway, if your reading this (which I doubt, as your iq is likely to be 3) I hope you are proud of yourself.

WELT

Good on you for pulling him up about that. Expect it from Huns not from us, our supporters were top class yesterday.

Biff Tannen
27-05-2013, 06:34 PM
Blummin Eck this board it turning into Point of View...

disgruntled from Canonmills....

not singling this post out in particular - all forms of racism are abhorrent - my wife is foreign - but thread after thread singling out isolated incidents well ... It's like and another thing...

er.... It's a message board

essexhibee
27-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Almost as disgraceful as when some looney shouted at Griffiths to "**** off back to wolves you lazy prick" and how he didnt pull his finger out the whole game. Got rightly shouted down by all those around him (including myself).

He then had the cheek to go down the front at the end and clap Griffiths and the players!! Baffling.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 06:39 PM
The guy who cuts my hair is friends with zemamma trying to twist his arm to get him back up here

So if he came he'd arrive pre-injured then? :wink:

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 06:41 PM
So if he came he'd arrive pre-injured then? :wink:

Start as he means to go on then.

Frazerbob
27-05-2013, 06:43 PM
Guy beside me was giving Pat Fenlon anti-Irish abuse. Unbelievable! He looked a little confused when I pointed out the meaning of "Hibernian".

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 06:44 PM

I didn't realise Zemamma was a barber, hope your mate succeeds in getting him to work with him!

Winston Ingram
27-05-2013, 07:06 PM
All supports have twats in them. I was speaking to some numpty who was claiming a number of players were pish & had been all season. Turns out this was the 1st game he'd been to since last years cup final:rolleyes:

I'm_cabbaged
27-05-2013, 07:10 PM
All supports have twats in them. I was speaking to some numpty who was claiming a number of players were pish & had been all season. Turns out this was the 1st game he'd been to since last years cup final:rolleyes:

TBF, the boy's got a point :)

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 07:11 PM
I didn't realise Zemamma was a barber, hope your mate succeeds in getting him to work with him!

Initially trained as one for when he is injured so he could still bring in a wage. I take by the comments nobody would like to see him back. I know he was injury prone and inconsistent but he does provide a spark we are missing

neil7908
27-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Absolutely
Two guys behind me kept having a go at 'Carlos'. First time i thought it might just have been a wee mistake. After the 3rd or 4th time it became clear they just didn't have a clue! If the guy had been here for a month or 2 fair enough but a season and a half?

Hibernia Na Eir
27-05-2013, 07:37 PM
should have smacked him one

TrinityHibs
27-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Almost as disgraceful as when some looney shouted at Griffiths to "**** off back to wolves you lazy prick" and how he didnt pull his finger out the whole game. Got rightly shouted down by all those around him (including myself).

He then had the cheek to go down the front at the end and clap Griffiths and the players!! Baffling.

Were you in C2?

CropleyWasGod
27-05-2013, 07:49 PM
If we're having a collective "Outraged of Lochend" thread, I'll add one.

I stood for ages in a queue for the toilets at the "Family Fun Day". When I eventually got there, it became clear that there was only one working toilet, and lots of shower cubicles. Guy behind me said something about "weegies never wash" and promptly did his business in one of the showers.

Did I pull him up about it? Wish I had, but I was feeling a bit vulnerable with my tackle out at the time.

essexhibee
27-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Were you in C2?

Yep three throws up from the front. :aok:

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Just realised my posts were bollocks.
Long day I do apologise

JohnStephens91
27-05-2013, 08:50 PM
If we're having a collective "Outraged of Lochend" thread, I'll add one.

I stood for ages in a queue for the toilets at the "Family Fun Day". When I eventually got there, it became clear that there was only one working toilet, and lots of shower cubicles. Guy behind me said something about "weegies never wash" and promptly did his business in one of the showers.

Did I pull him up about it? Wish I had, but I was feeling a bit vulnerable with my tackle out at the time.

I know I shouldn't laugh but :tee hee:

SMAXXA
27-05-2013, 08:54 PM
More to the point how did you know his laddie was 5 :greengrin

HibeeEmma
27-05-2013, 08:58 PM

Someone behind me in the Hibs hospitality shouted "Fenlon, look interested". Wasn't sure what that meant - straighten your tie and stop looking at the ground? The guys language was shocking throughout the game so didn't come as a surprise to hear something so stupid from him.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 11:53 PM
Good on you for pulling him up about that. Expect it from Huns not from us, our supporters were top class yesterday.
I don't expect it from anyone, regardless what football team you support.

yeezus.
28-05-2013, 08:19 AM
I don't expect it from anyone, regardless what football team you support.

So you wouldn't be surprised if a hun was singing it?

mmmmhibby
28-05-2013, 08:30 AM
this thread, honestly this thread!!!! he done this and she done that and he shouted this!!!! Who cares!!!!

SaulGoodman
28-05-2013, 09:45 AM
Not really a dig but I had good fun in C1 listening to someone talk about Claris and Mgivernin :greengrin

And watching some woman dance on chairs at the end

TrinityHibs
28-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Yep three throws up from the front. :aok:

I was 7 rows back. I thought that boy was going to get a smack. He was so out of order that there had to be something wrong with him. To be fair he did shut up after he was challenged. It must have been the heat.

28-05-2013, 09:55 AM
Lets not let a ver very tiny minority of ignorant ********s shed a bad light on the 99% of the hibs support who were absolutely magnificent on Sunday.

Hope this ****er ****s off as he is certainly not welcome in the hibs support.

Viking
28-05-2013, 10:34 AM

I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

It was a terrible shout in the heat of the moment (Who can honestly say they haven't done that at some point) and it goes without saying that i want Griffiths to come back to Hibs more than anything in the world, hes is the reason we have managed to have the season we have, without him there wouldve been no final on Sunday and a much lower finish in the league!

Please accept my apologies to all those that were around.

I do feel though, that just because I had one bad shout, it wasnt a cheek to clap the players. Again, who hasnt shouted something negative at a game and then shown their appreciation and clapped the players.

Anyhow, its done now and once again I apologise!

GGTTH

essexhibee
28-05-2013, 10:38 AM
I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

It was a terrible shout in the heat of the moment (Who can honestly say they haven't done that at some point) and it goes without saying that i want Griffiths to come back to Hibs more than anything in the world, hes is the reason we have managed to have the season we have, without him there wouldve been no final on Sunday and a much lower finish in the league!

I do feel though, that just because I had one bad shout, it wasnt a cheek to clap the players. Again, who hasnt shouted something negative at a game and then shown their appreciation and clapped the players.

GGTTH

Lot of time for this post. Top man for coming on and posting :aok:

In Griffiths defence I think he was injured for a majority of the game which didn't help his performance. We've all been there when emotions are running high! :agree:

Devilstorment
28-05-2013, 10:39 AM

GGTTH

:thumbsup:

well done mate. everyone makes mistakes. Takes courage to say sorry!

GGTTH

mmmmhibby
28-05-2013, 11:03 AM
[QUOTE=Viking;3624876]I expect a lot of abuse and take no pride in saying that that was me. the only thing I can put it down to is emotions running high and being dissapointed that griffiths never turned up to the biggest game of the season.

mate, in the heat of the moment human beings do and say silly things sometimes, so dinnae worry at all!!!

Biff Tannen
28-05-2013, 12:59 PM
this thread, honestly this thread!!!! he done this and she done that and he shouted this!!!! Who cares!!!!

Well me if I posted it.

That sort of behaviour Is not on.

hope you've apologised to your 5 year old laddie ;)

NAE NOOKIE
28-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Well done Viking ... takes a big man to apologise.

On the OP.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around Edinburgh. At Hampden on Sunday there were a few black and Asian folk supporting Hibs, but it has to be said that Hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at ER to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is Green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti Muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no Hibernian Football Club.

Biff Tannen
28-05-2013, 03:59 PM
well done viking ... Takes a big man to apologise.

On the op.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around edinburgh. At hampden on sunday there were a few black and asian folk supporting hibs, but it has to be said that hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at er to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no hibernian football club.

here here!!!!! Ggtth

Hibby_Paul
28-05-2013, 04:04 PM
Well said Viking. I put the shout down to the excessive sun on your napper - hope you were not too burnt and sore last couple of days :wink:

Beefster
28-05-2013, 04:28 PM

GGTTH

Good on you for 'fessing up.

blackpoolhibs
28-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Well done Viking, as other have said it takes a lot to say sorry. :top marks Now all we need now is someone to admit the Muslim abuse and we are done here. :greengrin

Keith_M
28-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Well done Viking, as other have said it takes a lot to say sorry. :top marks Now all we need now is someone to admit the Muslim abuse and we are done here. :greengrin

Well, if it finally gets rid of this thread, I'd happily confess to that incident (even though I couldn't make it to the final :wink: )

clerriehibs
28-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Well, if it finally gets rid of this thread, I'd happily confess to that incident (even though I couldn't make it to the final :wink: )

Happily??? You're proud of doing that???:tsk tsk:

Keith_M
28-05-2013, 05:50 PM
Happily??? You're proud of doing that???:tsk tsk:

I'm very sorry, you're right, I should be ashamed of myself.

:boo hoo:

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 06:41 PM

GGTTH

Top marks for this :top marks

Malthibby
28-05-2013, 06:58 PM

On the OP.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around Edinburgh. At Hampden on Sunday there were a few black and Asian folk supporting Hibs, but it has to be said that Hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at ER to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is Green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti Muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no Hibernian Football Club.

What he said:aok:

bronca
29-05-2013, 12:11 AM

On the OP.

Absolutely, we should care. I was in section B8 on Sunday and was shocked to hear a guy a few rows down giving Izaguirre racial abuse. At first I thought he was shouting about the ref being a black b****** and was actually thinking to myself 'nah, the refs in blue!?' because it seemed so out of place. Realised who he really meant when he followed that up with a time-warping 'get back to your own country'. Not only was this guy an utter disgrace but by his ignorant rationale we should send Claros back as well.Shameful.

lEXO
29-05-2013, 12:16 AM

GGTTHWe have all been guilty of that at some point I reckon. Well done for admitting it. I done the same at Eater Road against Aberdeen when Zemmamma was lining up a free kick. Dinnae let that erse take it I shouted. He then stuck it in the top corner, much to my delight and those around me who were laughing at me. Lesson learned for me. :greengrin

hibee19
29-05-2013, 12:19 AM
So you wouldn't be surprised if a hun was singing it?

Speculating about that isn't right to me. Kicking racism out of football isn't about point scoring.

Scott Allan Key
29-05-2013, 02:02 AM
Well, speaking as a Hibee who happens to be one of the 99.9% of gentle Muslims, it is very gratifying and not surprising to read of the response on here. The support brought a tear to my eye on Sunday. Life's all about love, I partly owe my life partner to Hibs. I became interested in Morocco when Benji and Zemmama were here and met my future wife in 2007 there. Suffice to say, I brought my half and half Jocko-Moroccan son and the Scottish Muslim son of a now Hibee, ex-Celt friend along. Keep up the good work guys, and without proselytizing (Islam at least on a Hibs forum), Muhammad's favourite colours were green and white. :not worth

clerriehibs
29-05-2013, 12:22 PM
Well, speaking as a Hibee who happens to be one of the 99.9% of gentle Muslims, it is very gratifying and not surprising to read of the response on here. The support brought a tear to my eye on Sunday. Life's all about love, I partly owe my life partner to Hibs. I became interested in Morocco when Benji and Zemmama were here and met my future wife in 2007 there. Suffice to say, I brought my half and half Jocko-Moroccan son and the Scottish Muslim son of a now Hibee, ex-Celt friend along. Keep up the good work guys, and without proselytizing (Islam at least on a Hibs forum), Muhammad's favourite colours were green and white. :not worth

Jocko?!?!? In the context of your post, using "jocko" is incredible! It's very often a denigrating term used by the english.

Devilstorment
29-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Jocko?!?!? In the context of your post, using "jocko" is incredible! It's very often a denigrating term used by the english.

:worms:

... surely chanting "If you hate the f'n muslims clap your hands" is slightly worse than calling someone "Jocko"?

Peevemor
29-05-2013, 12:34 PM

:agree: I nearly 'phoned the police.

mmmmhibby
29-05-2013, 12:37 PM
well done viking ... Takes a big man to apologise.

On the op.

Hibs have worked very hard of late to try to attract support from the local immigrant communities in and around edinburgh. At hampden on sunday there were a few black and asian folk supporting hibs, but it has to be said that hibs efforts dont appear to have been hugely successful in that area.

No bloody wonder if we have morons in our support who think that behaviour like that is acceptable. 'mmmmhibby' posted "who cares" but the truth is we should all bloody care. I want to see as many folk as possible turning up at er to support our club. A club where the only colour that matters is green and the only language that gets you irritated is coming from the drunk guy up the back abusing the players.

The anti muslim guy should study the history of the folk who founded the club he supports. If it hadnt been for guys like them standing up to guys like him there would be no hibernian football club.

who said that i thought this was acceptable??? I stated my opinion on this matter, and thought it was best to move on. Its called freedom of speech in case you havent noticed.

CropleyWasGod
29-05-2013, 04:28 PM

...in which case, we should be reclaiming it in the same way the P words and the N word are.

lucky
29-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Interesting that all condemning the racist for his anti Muslim shout but no else think that term Hun is unacceptable as its a sectarian term? Or implying that Glaswegians don't wash? Surely that's discrimination as well.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2013, 04:39 PM
Do we need a hand wringing thread after every game?

LeighLoyal
29-05-2013, 05:16 PM

No we don't.

Nobody should have a problem with Muslims as people, which is where this fan was out of order, but challenging Islam is a must. People like ex Hamas youth leader Mosab Yousef say the truth that stupid, weak politicians in this country don't want to hear. I'll let incredibly brave people like him educate fools like Nick Clegg and co.

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 05:23 PM

Shut it sweaty.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 05:50 PM

On the OP.

A FULL AND HEARTFELT APOLOGY TO ' VIVA PALMEIRAS.

I have had a PM from Viva Palmeiras pointing out to me that the above quote which is now correctly attributed to 'mmmmhibby' had been erroneously attributed to him by me when I first posted this comment.

Sorry Viva ... it was a genuine error on my part and I truly am sorry if I caused any hurt or offence. I will try to be more carefull next time. Sorry one again.

Bovril

The_Todd
29-05-2013, 06:02 PM
No we don't.

Nobody should have a problem with Muslims as people, which is where this fan was out of order, but challenging Islam is a must. People like ex Hamas youth leader Mosab Yousef say the truth that stupid, weak politicians in this country don't want to hear. I'll let incredibly brave people like him educate fools like Nick Clegg and co.

Hang on. What? are you trying to defend the behavour the OP described in some way? You don't have a problem with muslims but you have a problem with their religion? Challenging extremism is a must, but that goes for extremism of every type not just Islam. I don't care for religious zealots of any hue and just looking at Glasgow and the West of Scotland is a good reason for that.

And anyway, how is shouting obnoxious abuse rationally challenging anything? It's just being obnoxious.

mmmmhibby
29-05-2013, 06:07 PM

I have had a PM from Viva Palmeiras pointing out to me that the above quote which is now correctly attributed to 'mmmmhibby' had been erroneously attributed to him by me when I first posted this comment.

Sorry Viva ... it was a genuine error on my part and I truly am sorry if I caused any hurt or offence. I will try to be more carefull next time. Sorry one again.

Bovril

oh saucy!!!

mmmmhibby
29-05-2013, 06:12 PM
And wheres the thread regarding the song that I heard about Ngoo. Heard it a lot to be fair, outside the ground. Yet no thread. Baffling Eh?

lord bunberry
29-05-2013, 06:18 PM
And wheres the thread regarding the song that I heard about Ngoo. Heard it a lot to be fair, outside the ground. Yet no thread. Baffling Eh?

What song did you hear about ngoo? If its the one that was being sung at the pbs then that's not a racist song in anyway

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 06:31 PM
who said that i thought this was acceptable??? I stated my opinion on this matter, and thought it was best to move on. Its called freedom of speech in case you havent noticed.

I never said you thought it was acceptable:

Your post suggested that you thought that the OPs decision to bring up the subject of what he saw wasnt worth bothering about and as you can see from the replies on this board a fair number of us do not agree with that point of view. That is why I quoted you in my post, not because I thought you agreed with the guy he was posting about.

NAE NOOKIE
29-05-2013, 06:34 PM
oh saucy!!!

:greengrin

mmmmhibby
29-05-2013, 06:52 PM
I never said you thought it was acceptable:

Your post suggested that you thought that the OPs decision to bring up the subject of what he saw wasnt worth bothering about and as you can see from the replies on this board a fair number of us do not agree with that point of view. That is why I quoted you in my post, not because I thought you agreed with the guy he was posting about.

fair play sir.

HUTCHYHIBBY
29-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Shut it sweaty.

Thats how Hitler started! ;-)

blackpoolhibs
29-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Thats how Hitler started! ;-)

:greengrin

Viva_Palmeiras
29-05-2013, 07:28 PM

Bovril

Thanks Bov apology accepted. We can all make honest mistakes and onr eflection my initial observation was made in the wrong place. I condemn any form or racism and bigotry.
it was thoroughly decent of you to thoughtfully respond both here and in PM and for that you have my respect.
Now lets do the yams in the East of Scotland shield ;)

Scott Allan Key
30-05-2013, 01:17 AM
...in which case, we should be reclaiming it in the same way the P words and the N word are.

Having being called Jockanese and worse while at English University as laddish banter, that's exactly what I was doing. Anyway, Jocko rhymes with Morocco, the only reason why I used it. :na na:

Most Muslims I know don't like Hamas, they are a Muslim Brotherhood, literalist group who see the world in black and white. They were also initially funded by Mossad (Israeli secret service) don't you know. So no offense taken, as they don't represent Islam across the globe. I am a Sufi Muslim like the vast majority of world's Muslim traditions, Sufis are fighting against al-Shabab terrorists successfully in Somalia, but you don't hear that on the news. Instead, our government is wanting to arm extremists in Syria. Funny that, given what I just posted about Mossad and Hamas. That's what needs to be challenged, not a distorted and false understanding of Islam.

Admins, Isn't this veering towards the non-football discussion board?

RIP Bestie
30-05-2013, 01:37 AM
Having being called Jockanese and worse while at English University as laddish banter, that's exactly what I was doing. Anyway, Jocko rhymes with Morocco, the only reason why I used it. :na na:

Most Muslims I know don't like Hamas, they are a Muslim Brotherhood, literalist group who see the world in black and white. They were also initially funded by Mossad (Israeli secret service) don't you know. So no offense taken, as they don't represent Islam across the globe. I am a Sufi Muslim like the vast majority of world's Muslim traditions, Sufis are fighting against al-Shabab terrorists successfully in Somalia, but you don't hear that on the news. Instead, our government is wanting to arm extremists in Syria. Funny that, given what I just posted about Mossad and Hamas. That's what needs to be challenged, not a distorted and false understanding of Islam.

Admins, Isn't this veering towards the non-football discussion board?

I agree. Well said. I think it is widely accepted what is and is not acceptable behaviour. Are we really a club that has or wants a reputation for this sort of stuff? One or two individuals who want to chant something for whatever reason shouldn't really create this amount of debate. Can we move on and talk about football please?

MSK
30-05-2013, 06:36 AM

Admins, Isn't this veering towards the non-football discussion board?Indeed it is ..