PDA

View Full Version : Taking advantage of feel good factor

dp00
27-05-2013, 12:33 PM
Hibs need to take advantage of the feel good factor of the final...

Get the interest free payment plan available again for a week or two along with some other incentives and I reckon we couls shift a good few season tickets

#FromTheCapital
27-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I get what your saying but at the moment I don't feel too good. Really gutted about yesterday :boo hoo:

hibee19
27-05-2013, 01:39 PM
I get what your saying but at the moment I don't feel too good. Really gutted about yesterday :boo hoo:

A feel good factor after a 3-0 defeat. I'm genuinely bewildered here.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 01:49 PM
The result was a long way down the list of memorable things from yesterday. As has been posted on another thread, we've got our club back. That's more than worthy of being deemed a 'feel good factor' in my book.

Baader
27-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Can't agree about a feel good factor after another final loss but sign Leigh and get him to sell the season ticket campaign and there'll be a feel very good factor around the place!!!

eastterrace
27-05-2013, 01:57 PM
dont no where the feel good factor is , as im totally gutted , another easy cup final win for our opponents , every cup final ive been to (scottish cup since 1972) we have folded like a pack o cards , maybe except the rangers final but we were poor then as well. still on wards and upwards i hope.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 02:15 PM
dont no where the feel good factor is , as im totally gutted , another easy cup final win for our opponents , every cup final ive been to (scottish cup since 1972) we have folded like a pack o cards , maybe except the rangers final but we were poor then as well. still on wards and upwards i hope.

i've commented on multiple similar posts and I've generally taken the view that many are lying down and accepting defeat much like the team did last year. Perhaps though those people are simply proud of the way our supporters, who have been much maligned of late, stood up and supported the team and we feel we can be proud once more of that support, the same support that rocked Hampden and the streets of Edinburgh in 07 and literally shook Easter Road in the AEK game. I'm proud of our support but the team weren't good enough and didn't give the support the performance they deserved.

Makaveli
27-05-2013, 02:24 PM
Gutted to lose, but I'm feeling good about the future of our club and looking forward to next season.

This time last year I was trying to forget about club football until August.

Big difference.

erin-go-bragh87
27-05-2013, 02:27 PM

I've just said the same on twitter and have been slaughtered. It's unreal.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2013, 02:30 PM
I think "feel good factor" is the wrong description to be honest as it's less than 24 hours since we were convincingly beaten in a Scottish Cup final.

We're undoubtedly in a better place than we were 12 months ago but I don't think enough has happened yet to expect that the crowds are going to be flocking back to Easter Road next season.

If we announce the permanent signings of Leigh Griffiths and Jorge Claros over the summer and bring in another 3 or 4 players in crucial areas then we may begin to see more people coming back but I don't see that happening just because we had a good support yesterday, which was more to do with defiance than anything else.

eastterrace
27-05-2013, 02:32 PM
I think "feel good factor" is the wrong description to be honest as it's less than 24 hours since we were convincingly beaten in a Scottish Cup final.

We're undoubtedly in a better place than we were 12 months ago but I don't think enough has happened yet to expect that the crowds are going to be flocking back to Easter Road next season.

If we announce the permanent signings of Leigh Griffiths and Jorge Claros over the summer and bring in another 3 or 4 players in crucial areas then we may begin to see more people coming back but I don't see that happening just because we had a good support yesterday, which was more to do with defiance than anything else.

:top marks

Pete
27-05-2013, 02:35 PM
Maybe "feel good factor" is the wrong description but I know where the OP is coming from.

I find it bewildering that some people are amazed that absolutey everyone isn't totally depressed.
They either weren't there, left before the end or just prefer to concentrate in the negatives...for whatever reason.

As for those who said the team didn't turn up, they must have been watching the arsenal Doncaster belles match.

Hiber-nation
27-05-2013, 02:36 PM

Its more like the "feel better factor" :wink:

hibee19
27-05-2013, 02:46 PM
Maybe "feel good factor" is the wrong description but I know where the OP is coming from.

I find it bewildering that some people are amazed that absolutey everyone isn't totally depressed.
They either weren't there, left before the end or just prefer to concentrate in the negatives...for whatever reason.

As for those who said the team didn't turn up, they must have been watching the arsenal Doncaster belles match.

The team turned up but they weren't good enough. In a scottish cup final against Celtic Doyle has to take that chance. Maybury has to defend crosses better than that. We have to react better to a goal against the run of play than that and we have to counter Celtics pressing better than that.

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 02:50 PM
The team turned up but they weren't good enough. In a scottish cup final against Celtic Doyle has to take that chance. Maybury has to defend crosses better than that. We have to react better to a goal against the run of play than that and we have to counter Celtics pressing better than that.

So you don't think there is any reason to be optimistic about next season?

Cabbage East
27-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Feelgood factor? We've just lost a cup final for the 2nd time in a year. Yeah I feel really good :rolleyes:

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 03:13 PM
As far as I can see there is more than one way to be considered as a football club to be respected.

There are the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc who are spoken about by supporters because they enjoy huge success, play great football and attract huge crowds as a result.

But there are other clubs who are respected because they are known for the fantastic support they enjoy in spite of their teams on the park being mostly keek or their main rivals being much more successful than they are.

Newcastle Utd ..... rubbish teams, great support.
Man City .... ( until recently ) ... out of the top league, utterly in the shadow of Utd .... But a great support.
Everton .... In the same city as multiple Euro and domestic winners Liverpool, but still enjoy a passionate and loyal support.

In Scottish terms Hibs are close to being in the same bracket as those clubs and others like them around Europe. We hold the record for first divison crowds, even though the allegedly bigger Yams have been there twice in my memory. Even though we have a car crash record in cup finals and recently the league we have still held up crowd wise compared to our rivals and two years running have sold out our cup final ticket allocation.

So until we do get better on the pitch is it not a good thing that our club might be spoken about with respect because we have brilliant supporters. Its as much a pleasure to be respected by other supporters because you are part of a fan base known for its loyalty and passion as it is because you support a club who win squillions of trophies. Though both would be nice :greengrin

I think that is the feel good factor the OP is talking about.

BEEJ
27-05-2013, 03:31 PM
To some extent, this is the point I take from the OP's thread.

Get the support looking forward with positivity. However the positive PR campaign about developing the squad for further improvement next season has to start now - i.e. this week. Not even sure why the club haven't already started down this direction. :confused:

For example announce on the Official Site:

Tues 28th - Forster and Harris secured on new 3 year contracts;
Wed 29th - announce players about to depart the club at end of their current contracts;
Thurs 30th - announce Sean Murdoch on new contract as No. 2 keeper(?);
Fri 31st - Claros ends loan deal and signs new two year contract;
Sat 1 June - confirm / announce Liam Craig signing on pre-contract from St.J

That would give a good start to encouraging the support about season 2013/14.

Onion
27-05-2013, 03:46 PM
As far as I can see there is more than one way to be considered as a football club to be respected.

There are the likes of Man Utd, Barcelona, Bayern Munich etc who are spoken about by supporters because they enjoy huge success, play great football and attract huge crowds as a result.

But there are other clubs who are respected because they are known for the fantastic support they enjoy in spite of their teams on the park being mostly keek or their main rivals being much more successful than they are.

Newcastle Utd ..... rubbish teams, great support.
Man City .... ( until recently ) ... out of the top league, utterly in the shadow of Utd .... But a great support.
Everton .... In the same city as multiple Euro and domestic winners Liverpool, but still enjoy a passionate and loyal support.

In Scottish terms Hibs are close to being in the same bracket as those clubs and others like them around Europe. We hold the record for first divison crowds, even though the allegedly bigger Yams have been there twice in my memory. Even though we have a car crash record in cup finals and recently the league we have still held up crowd wise compared to our rivals and two years running have sold out our cup final ticket allocation.

So until we do get better on the pitch is it not a good thing that our club might be spoken about with respect because we have brilliant supporters. Its as much a pleasure to be respected by other supporters because you are part of a fan base known for its loyalty and passion as it is because you support a club who win squillions of trophies. Though both would be nice :greengrin

I think that is the feel good factor the OP is talking about.

Reality check. The support yesterday at Hampden was excellent but it was a highly unusual event. Enjoy the memory, but anyone thinking this is can be some kind of blue print for Easter Road is dreaming. Hibs fans in the main are moaning buggers because we're always getting let down by the team and management. Now, if providing vocal support actually made a jot of difference to STF or Petrie loosening the purse strings, encouraging players to sign for Hibs, or much of difference to the performance on the field then we'd all sign up - but it won't. As such, we're more likely to be mocked by opposing fans for being completely stupid lending such support to a poor football team. As someone said earlier, Scotland are in that position - liked and mocked as curiosities in equal measure.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 03:55 PM
While obviously not happy about yesterdays result, i feel good that we are going to see a Hibs team full of young hungry and also very good lads produced by our youth system.

So yes i think there is a feel good factor about some things going on at the club.

kdhibees1
27-05-2013, 04:01 PM
Only two things I can think of that have a 'Feel Good Factor' . Remembering how proud I was of the fans yesterday and the fact that I managed to wake up in my own bed this morning!

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 04:02 PM
Gutted to lose, but I'm feeling good about the future of our club and looking forward to next season.

This time last year I was trying to forget about club football until August.

Big difference.

Pretty much where i'm at.

Maybe wouldn't describe it as a feel good factor but there are plenty positive to be taken from the season just passed and plenty to lool forward to next year.

hibbybob
27-05-2013, 04:05 PM
While obviously not happy about yesterdays result, i feel good that we are going to see a Hibs team full of young hungry and also very good lads produced by our youth system.

So yes i think there is a feel good factor about some things going on at the club.

This - and if a good number of those present yesterday were to go to ER each week we'd be more likely to get back to Hampden more regularly thanks to the increased financial and vocal backing.

With Hearts and Rangers (hopefully) out of the running for a while we really have the opportunity to be at the top end of Scottish football. Let's take that opportunity!

Bad Martini
27-05-2013, 04:09 PM
For the first time in a long time the support unequivocally supports the team. And you could feel it. From the last ten minutes til we got our medals. It built up.

I remember standing on the Kop and experiencing the same feeling. Puts hairs up on your neck and reminds you the TEAM at times may be *****, the personnel may be worthless but the club IS the fans. The songs, banter, chants and feeling comes from those who follow the club regardless. It's great if you want to feel it... And it's better than being ****ing angry beyond belief. Being in it together against the opposition is far better than being in it against the opposition AND your own team!!!!

That sounds corny. But, it's true. Hence why we Lost but still out sung the celtic fans.

Ye canny buy that Kind of feeling.

GGTTH

Beefster
27-05-2013, 04:10 PM
This place is mental.

Folk want the manager sacked after drawing against the likes of Killie.

Folk think there's a 'feel good factor' after a cup final humping.

Onion
27-05-2013, 04:52 PM
This place is mental.

Folk want the manager sacked after drawing against the likes of Killie.

Folk think there's a 'feel good factor' after a cup final humping.

Loony Tunes :agree:

hibee19
27-05-2013, 05:32 PM
So you don't think there is any reason to be optimistic about next season?

Jesus christ. We played badly, where did I say I wasn't optimistic about the future. We seen good youngsters yesterday in Forster, Handling, Harris and briefly Caldwell. We have good experienced professionals in Williams, Hanlon and Stevenson, maybe 3 or 4 more youngsters could break into the side next year, Liam Craig is on his way and we should be able to bring in a couple more after releasing some of the deadwood.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 05:39 PM
I'm not feeling good. Just better than last year. We turned up but didn't play well enough to beat an average Celtic side, our supporters didn't head for the exits after the second goal was conceded and the majority stayed until the final whistle outsinging the unwashed. We still got beat but this time the feeling in the camp is much better.

GGTTH

dutchhibby
27-05-2013, 06:01 PM

This

cant bring myself to celebrate
it was great with a good p1$$ up but woke today with a sore head and felt gutted about the score

LioNeilMessi
27-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I agree with the OP in that the club should give the thousands of "we'll support you evermore" fans all the opportunities to put their money where their mouth is :greengrin

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 06:12 PM
I was gutted at half time yesterday but I didn't want or feel the urge to leave why I don't know why being there with 20,000 other hibbies the signing chanting and I had that feeling that maybe just maybe if we got one who knows.
It wasn't to be we failed again (players) but WE the fans stayed on. In saying that I'm not returning to another final. I missed out on 2007 being out the country we won I couldn't make both semis last year and this and we won went to both finals and we get beat so I won't be back lol.

One Day
27-05-2013, 06:14 PM

Was saying the same last night. Apart from the 1st game of the 1979 final every other has been a major let down.People are taking about next years final but the last time Hibs appeared in two scottish cup finals in a row it was over 20 years before they were there again. 20 years might be to long for some of us...........

eastterrace
27-05-2013, 07:37 PM
Was saying the same last night. Apart from the 1st game of the 1979 final every other has been a major let down.People are taking about next years final but the last time Hibs appeared in two scottish cup finals in a row it was over 20 years before they were there again. 20 years might be to long for some of us...........

20 years will definetly be to long for me , so need to hope we can get back again but cant see it being next year even the old firm dont usually get to 3 finals in a row.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 08:04 PM
Our fans walk away in disgust at last years final, our fans walk away in disgust at 3-0 down in the semi final at HT. Our fans stay and celebrate like they've won the cup after losing the final 3-0 yesterday and make a huge noise about how good they were and how it bodes well for next season that we didn't get humiliated yesterday. FFS I don't get it, the only thing we won was the singing competition at the game yet folk are rejoicing!

Not for me I'm afraid, the day I console myself about losing a cup final by saying how good the fans were is the day I will give up watching football.

hibee_nation
27-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Our fans walk away in disgust at last years final, our fans walk away in disgust at 3-0 down in the semi final at HT. Our fans stay and celebrate like they've won the cup after losing the final 3-0 yesterday and make a huge noise about how good they were and how it bodes well for next season that we didn't get humiliated yesterday. FFS I don't get it, the only thing we won was the singing competition at the game yet folk are rejoicing!

Not for me I'm afraid, the day I console myself about losing a cup final by saying how good the fans were is the day I will give up watching football.

I genuinely feel sorry for people like you who did not get it. I got it and it was a special moment for me and loads of others who were there. No point in arguing though there are no rights and wrongs in these things. Onwards and upwards. GGTTH

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 08:25 PM
I genuinely feel sorry for people like you who did not get it. I got it and it was a special moment for me and loads of others who were there. No point in arguing though there are no rights and wrongs in these things. Onwards and upwards. GGTTH

No need to feel sorry for me, I'm just fine.

Bad Martini
27-05-2013, 08:33 PM

Think it was more a Kop-esque bit of solidarity we're all celebrating than the loss to the unwashed (or for me, its that). I recall standing on the Kop and hearing very few (and all who did were told to support the team or "do one"!) berrations of our players...twas end to end singing and getting behind the team. At the end, as is the custom, we always sing YNWA, win lose or draw...this was our equivelant moment I think.

Rare and unseen often hence the joy...shame, if we done this more, we'd all get the vibe and the feel that I've only ever really experienced on the Kop and a few rare times at ER and big games.

GGTTH.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Think it was more a Kop-esque bit of solidarity we're all celebrating than the loss to the unwashed (or for me, its that). I recall standing on the Kop and hearing very few (and all who did were told to support the team or "do one"!) berrations of our players...twas end to end singing and getting behind the team. At the end, as is the custom, we always sing YNWA, win lose or draw...this was our equivelant moment I think.

Rare and unseen often hence the joy...shame, if we done this more, we'd all get the vibe and the feel that I've only ever really experienced on the Kop and a few rare times at ER and big games.

GGTTH.

Fair enough, you make a very valid point (I suppose the fact that I'm reading about it all over an internet forum the day after the game which never happened during my Liverpool days) makes it seems far more over hyped than it actually is by the fans. I guess in the good old Liverpool days I just joined in on the day and never thought anything about it and certainly wouldn't rejoice about it after the game. I take it back.............. I get it. :aok:

Bad Martini
27-05-2013, 09:02 PM
Fair enough, you make a very valid point (I suppose the fact that I'm reading about it all over an internet forum the day after the game which never happened during my Liverpool days) makes it seems far more over hyped than it actually is by the fans. I guess in the good old Liverpool days I just joined in on the day and never thought anything about it and certainly wouldn't rejoice about it after the game. I take it back.............. I get it. :aok:

We are blessed to be red and green. :aok:

WALK ON. GGTTH.

:thumbsup:

DH1875
28-05-2013, 11:49 AM

I kinda get what the OP is talking about. If youd given me the forms on Sunday night Id have signed them there and then. Gutted Im not renewing for next season but it has to done.

Mikey
28-05-2013, 12:05 PM
Gutted Im not renewing for next season but it has to done.

Why does it have to be done?

The_Horde
28-05-2013, 01:08 PM
I'm gutted about the result. And can't stop thinking what if. However I am extremely proud of Fenlon and the players for getting to back to back finals, For really connecting with the fans at times this season more than they have for a long time and for some big results and performances over the season. (Beating hearts in the cup and league, Celtic in the league, the performance at rugby park in the quarter finals, the semi final and putting out eyberdeeen)

I took the last 10 mins of the final as a thank you from the fans to the players for restoring some pride and passion over the course of the season and showing that what they put into the club we will give them back. I also think a lot of the singing was for sparky, if it is to be his last game.

So overall I don't think anyone is celebrating. We are all just proud to be hibees.

DH1875
28-05-2013, 01:10 PM
Why does it have to be done?

If your really interested I'll tell you later when Im on the laptop. Nothing to do with the team/manager BTW.

Phil MaGlass
28-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Dont understand fans berating other fans for supporting the team, ****ed up world we live in, 20 odd thou Hibs fans giving it their all, outsinging the sellik, my hairs standing on end, a lump in ma throat and tears swelling in my eyes, getting behind the team thats what its all about, aye it was disappointing but folk on here having a pop at fans for giving the team the backing they should regularly be getting, defies belief.
I was proud as **** to be there singing ma heart out, the players and the manager appreciated it. Can we not just take that as a positive and build on it instead of pissing on every positive.

here huv a read

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/tom-taiwo-astonished-by-hibs-support-1-2945484

lord bunberry
28-05-2013, 01:49 PM
For me the singing at the end was a show of defiance that no matter what is thrown at us we will always be there to support our team. It was strange the way it happened everyone just seemed to start at the same time. It was even stranger for me because I normally leave when we go 3-0 down but I didn't even consider it this time. If our team could put in an appearance next time we might just have something to celebrate

Craig_in_Prague
28-05-2013, 02:03 PM
Dont understand fans berating other fans for supporting the team, ****ed up world we live in, 20 odd thou Hibs fans giving it their all, outsinging the sellik, my hairs standing on end, a lump in ma throat and tears swelling in my eyes, getting behind the team thats what its all about, aye it was disappointing but folk on here having a pop at fans for giving the team the backing they should regularly be getting, defies belief.
I was proud as **** to be there singing ma heart out, the players and the manager appreciated it. Can we not just take that as a positive and build on it instead of pissing on every positive.

here huv a read

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spl/tom-taiwo-astonished-by-hibs-support-1-2945484

10/10

I would also go as far to say, that I hope one day we can get Easter Road bouncing more reguarly.
My local team here, support their team big time, no matter what. Singing and good support, all the time. Every game!

Hibs really have an opportunity (hate to sound all yammish here) to grab 2nd place and make it ours (until the huns come back and out spend again). Whilst the fans want/need a team on the park, if we can just about fill ER every week for a season or two, the money we have will surely put us in a fine position (on top of quality youngsters coming through etc).

There is not 1 club that I am envious of (despite Motherwell and D UTD to name two, being better than us for a few years now), I reall wish Hibs could kick on and have bigger attendances on a regular basis.

In all honesty for a capital club, our crowds are poor.

Sect43 and the crowd in general appear to have turned ER into a better place in recent times, but I want that to grow and see us really prospering.

DH1875
28-05-2013, 05:48 PM
For me the singing at the end was a show of defiance that no matter what is thrown at us we will always be there to support our team. It was strange the way it happened everyone just seemed to start at the same time. It was even stranger for me because I normally leave when we go 3-0 down but I didn't even consider it this time. If our team could put in an appearance next time we might just have something to celebrate

Exactly :agree: :top marks.