PDA

View Full Version : Fenlon basher at Hampden yesterday....

Seven up
27-05-2013, 11:00 AM
Just after the second went in a guy behind me started screaming for Fenlons head.....When I told him it wasn't him who failed to clear the two crosses I was was given the old "he signed them all, he's playing them all, we're no better than last year"..... Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion although I certainly didn't agree with the last point.....Yeah we're no world beaters but player for player we are better, the attitude is better and the longer term hopes are better with the young laddies coming through. Undefeated against the Yams and a couple of bad decisions away from being a top six team, best of the rest IS progress....This time last year I was struggling to see how we could recover to the extent we have......On another point I was proud as hell to be a Hibee yesterday...the support was tremendous especially the last 10 mins...OUR DAY WILL COME...GGTTH!:flag:

KinchHibee
27-05-2013, 11:07 AM
This time last year I honestly thought our club took a stake to the heart, didn't see a way back for us at all.

One year on and while the progress has arguably been gradual, it's also been an amazing turn around. I'm looking forward to next season, couldn't say that last year. I also believe that Fenlon is up to improving us further

Wotherspiniesta
27-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Don't let it get to you. It's probably been his first game since the final last year. Majortiy of folk are behind Fenlon, and rightly so. He'll have a big rebuilding job to do over the summer with all these players out of contract, but I'm looking forward to next year under Paddy's reign. Also, he looked dapper in his suit and tie yesterday :greengrin

Seven up
27-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Don't let it get to you. It's probably been his first game since the final last year. Majortiy of folk are behind Fenlon, and rightly so. He'll have a big rebuilding job to do over the summer with all these players out of contract, but I'm looking forward to next year under Paddy's reign. Also, he looked dapper in his suit and tie yesterday :greengrin

Aye....and he left as the 3rd went in.....his bus must have been leaving early!