PDA

View Full Version : Fill Easter Road for the Euro games

Hibernian Verse
27-05-2013, 08:41 AM
As it says. If we can take 20k to Hampden we can take 20k to cheer on the team in the European game(s).

Remember Dnipro, they were a cut above us but struggled at ER due to the atmosphere.

hibIBZ
27-05-2013, 08:45 AM
After yesterday i cant wait for our euro tie. The club showed its true potential with its support yesterday. A full Easter road could drive a run in europe

ozzie
27-05-2013, 08:48 AM
The people who left when the 3rd goal went in yesterday may not go incase we do not win but i for one will be there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Sas_The_Hibby
27-05-2013, 08:50 AM
If recent history is anything to go by, we'll be talking about the Euro GAME! :boo hoo: :wink:

But I agree with the sentiment. I'm always surprised more people don't seem more interested in a game that's a bit different, compared to seeing us play the same teams in Scotland 3, 4 or 5 times a season. :yawn:

Major problem in filling ER, however, is that our first game will be in July when a lot of people are on holiday.

Hibernian Verse
27-05-2013, 08:50 AM
Was thinking it would surely be possible to slash ticket prices for the games as they're bonus games. Try to draw the crowds in.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 08:51 AM
I agree with this and i like your optimism with regards to Euro games!! (as in plural)

For me the euro competition has been cheapened now that about 40 million teams enter it. But I agree Easter Road was mental during the AEK Athens (which i only watched on TV) and to a lesser but still great extent the Dnipro (which i was at, in the top tier of the South Stand!!) games had.

GGTTH!

WE WILL SUPPORT YOU FOREVERMORE

I'm_cabbaged
27-05-2013, 08:56 AM
The people who left when the 3rd goal went in yesterday may not go incase we do not win but i for one will be there. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

I left, and I'll be there. Or do I have to ask for your permission first?

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 09:48 AM
Aye, the club should put on some offer to try and fill the ground.

a full Easter road would be brilliant and I genuinely think the fans could make a difference.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 10:05 AM
We don't have the core support to fill Easter Road sad but true.

Onion
27-05-2013, 10:08 AM

Jees, another crass comment from a young uberfan :rolleyes:

Baker9
27-05-2013, 10:09 AM

We should be able to drum up support from neutrals and some ex-Hearts fans.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 11:02 AM

Strange post. Complete ùber fan pish

1875HFC
27-05-2013, 11:05 AM
Could get ER to be a cauldron if we packed it out. Slashed ticket prices would not only bring bigger crowds for the first Euro tie but would likely have a knock on effect for fans coming back to ER at the beginning of he domestic season.

Side Note: when is the Euro draw made?

:pfgwa

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Could get ER to be a cauldron if we packed it out. Slashed ticket prices would not only bring bigger crowds for the first Euro tie but would likely have a knock on effect for fans coming back to ER at the beginning of he domestic season.

Side Note: when is the Euro draw made?

:pfgwa

Draw is the 25th June. Be realistic we're not going to fill Easter rd for 2nd rd qualifier against some Eastern European mob like dinaburg or Fk vetra because that's the type of teams we are more than likely to draw.

1875HFC
27-05-2013, 11:23 AM
yeh realistically your right, be great to get an exciting team for some summertime football though!

greenlad
27-05-2013, 11:31 AM
Draw is the 25th June. Be realistic we're not going to fill Easter rd for 2nd rd qualifier against some Eastern European mob like dinaburg or Fk vetra because that's the type of teams we are more than likely to draw.

No, as per the other thread, due the drop in Scottish coeffiecient with Rangers 2008 performance now being discounted we are almost certainly straight in at the deep end as an unseeded team against a very decent side who we will be massive underdogs against such as

Rubin Kazan (beaten Barcelona and drew with Inter both away in last 3 seasons!)
Trabzonspor (yes they have Bamba but also ran Liverpool close 2 years ago)
Hajduk Split
Standard Liege (have beaten Everton)
et al

I would like the club to play up the Euro angle, get any new signings (or loans if need be) in early and avoid the debacle that the Maribor game felt like an Intertoto preseason game in a half-empty ground.

This is "Europe proper" for us now in mid-July and as good as its likely to get until some Scottish teams (other than Celtic) actually start winning some games.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 11:55 AM
every season ticket holder gets in free if they bring along a full price punter?

Vini1875
27-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Just don't see fans being excited by this. If by some miracle we get to the euro league set up then yes people will get excited but playing teams the majority of fans have not heard just doesn't do it for most. We have about 10,000 supporters who attend games and maybe another 20-30,000 who are fans, people who used to go or turn out for finals and people who would call themselves Hibs fans but go very rarely or who don't go to games.

For Hibs to get people to spend the type of money that the hard core spend we would have to be winning trophies year on year.

We have the structure to be a club attracting 15-20,000 fans every other week, but we do not have the budget to get the players who could see us top the league and win trophies. A vast amount of money needs to be spend over a number of years.

I'm praying Pat can get players in to improve us and we get a lucky run and a few results that we help us towards that end. I also pray for a euro lottery roll over as I am just daft enough to spend a lot of money on the club.

27-05-2013, 12:31 PM
A big hibs crowd at ER making it a fantastic atmosphere is what European nights should be like. I realise there are people who can't afford it or have work/family commitments etc. but if you are able to then please get down to easter road and make it a special night. :flag:

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 12:32 PM
Absolute pish. But the kind of post I would expect from you.

Gatecrasher
27-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Why should Hibs have to slash ticket prices? It's a European game FFS the motivation should already be there.

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 12:35 PM
If we could get 14-15,000 for Euro games, I'd be delighted.

I realise that probably sounds a bit unambitious but I'm just being realistic regarding the size of our support. If that's how many supporters we have then so be it. I don't see it as a big problem.

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 12:49 PM
If we could get 14-15,000 for Euro games, I'd be delighted.

I realise that probably sounds a bit unambitious but I'm just being realistic regarding the size of our support. If that's how many supporters we have then so be it. I don't see it as a big problem.
But we do have the support to fill Easter Road. If you look at our European games of the past we filled the stadium every time. If we are playing an unheard of team from Bulgaria or some team like that then your figure may be correct but look at Hearts, they only took 11,000 to their European game vs an unheard of team. If we draw a bigger team then it will be a guarenteed sell out.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 01:24 PM
The big factor is the draw.

If we get some team from the back of beyond who nobody has heard of and has to Google for some info then we are looking at about 10,000.

If we end up with Rubin Kazan, Standard Liege, Red Star Belgrade, Trabsonspor or Utrecht then we could manage 17,000 or so, but that would pretty well be our European run over before it has started.

Lech Poznan could be the go to draw for the Tache coz with the number of Poles living in Scotland they could probably fill the bottom deck of the South with away fans.

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 01:26 PM

If we get some team from the back of beyond who nobody has heard of and has to Google for some info then we are looking at about 10,000.

If we end up with Rubin Kazan, Standard Liege, Red Star Belgrade, Trabsonspor or Utrecht then we could manage 17,000 or so, but that would pretty well be our European run over before it has started.

Lech Poznan could be the go to draw for the Tache coz with the number of Poles living in Scotland they could probably fill the bottom deck of the South with away fans.
If we get a massive club like Tottenham etc we will obviously sell out.

hibeedonald
27-05-2013, 02:07 PM
If we can keep this team together and add in Craig and possibly a new striker we could give it a real go. Easiest team in the first round we play in please.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 02:33 PM
If we get a massive club like Tottenham etc we will obviously sell out.

Obviously.

But the truth is that by the time clubs of that size enter the competition we will be long gone. I take no pleasure in saying that, but its the most likely outcome given our recent European record. We would have to get through at least two rounds before the glamour clubs came calling as far as I am aware.

Our best hope of a big European night will be to draw the likes of Utrecht or Trabsonspor ( still a good draw IMO ) but these are clubs whos spending is still way beyond ours.

Elephant Stone
27-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Strange post. Complete ùber fan pish

It's completely true.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 02:42 PM
Poznan would be the money spinner, no doubt at all.

Makaveli
27-05-2013, 02:52 PM
If we can keep this team together and add in Craig and possibly a new striker we could give it a real go. Easiest team in the first round we play in please.

Yeah, we want the easiest draws until the group stage... only then should we hope for the big boys IMO.

Getting through 3 qualifying rounds (2nd, 3rd, play-off) isn't beyond us with a little luck - look at Fenlon's European record with sides on a fraction of our budget.

frazeHFC
27-05-2013, 02:55 PM

:faf:

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 02:57 PM

You really think hibs have a core support of 20k?

Viva_Palmeiras
27-05-2013, 03:02 PM
Poznan would be the money spinner, no doubt at all.

Did we not play them yesterday?

... What! Copying again?! ;)

down-the-slope
27-05-2013, 03:08 PM
A decent Team with a travelling support of reasonable size and a rammed ground with a great Card Display in the steep East Stand would be the Mutts.....I can dream :greengrin

AEK Athens is without doubt the best atmosphere of any match at ER I have been at in my 30 years of supporting

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 03:55 PM
You really think hibs have a core support of 20k?
No team in the SPL do aside from Celtic but the Hibs fans always come out in big games. We could easily sell out a big European game.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 04:14 PM
Get a big enough draw and we'll come close. Get some team who no one has a clue about and it'll be half full.

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 04:20 PM
But we do have the support to fill Easter Road. If you look at our European games of the past we filled the stadium every time. If we are playing an unheard of team from Bulgaria or some team like that then your figure may be correct but look at Hearts, they only took 11,000 to their European game vs an unheard of team. If we draw a bigger team then it will be a guarenteed sell out.

I agree, if we could play against the likes of Spurs or Liverpool. However we'll be long out of the competition by the time they enter it so I'd be really happy with 14-15,000 against the kind of lesser lights that we normally do play.

Sir David Gray
27-05-2013, 04:24 PM
No team in the SPL do aside from Celtic but the Hibs fans always come out in big games. We could easily sell out a big European game.

Yep you've just said the important word. "BIG European game".

If we managed to do what Hearts have done and get into the play offs and draw teams like Tottenham and Liverpool then Easter Road will be packed but I don't see us shifting 20,000+ tickets if we're playing a team from Eastern Europe.

We'll get 13-14,000 for our game.

Macaroon
27-05-2013, 05:18 PM
I think it will ultimately come down to which tie comes first. If we draw a Dnipro type team again and get humped away from home in the first leg then there won't be much of a crowd for the 2nd leg at ER. But even if we draw a big team as long as ER is the first leg we should take a big support.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 06:14 PM

What the **** you crying about now. Absolute pish eh? Stop talking like a dick and open your eyes to the crowds at ER.

jgl07
27-05-2013, 06:23 PM
In mid-July, against some unknown or 'less prominent' Eastern European or Scandinavian team, Hibs will be lucky to get 10,000.

Scotland's drop in the European rankings will make it very difficult for any Scottish team to make the playoff round of the Europa League. That is unless Celtc do not win the championship.

jgl07
27-05-2013, 06:33 PM

That is funny. I can't recall any sold out European matches at Easter Road. It was close in the case of AEK Athens but the stadium was much smaller back then. Dnipro and Maribor were no-where near sell outs. Hibs are effectively playing in the equivalent to the Inter-Toto cup.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 06:47 PM
That is funny. I can't recall any sold out European matches at Easter Road. It was close in the case of AEK Athens but the stadium was much smaller back then. Dnipro and Maribor were no-where near sell outs. Hibs are effectively playing in the equivalent to the Inter-Toto cup.

Dnipro couldnt have been far off a sell out, and only not a sell out because of the sparse amount of Dnipro fans. I could only get a ticket in the South Upper for that game.... Im not Ukranian:wink:

LeighLoyal
27-05-2013, 06:51 PM
We took 38k to Hampden to watch a Hibs team lose to Livi, the fan base is there.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 07:01 PM
We took 38k to Hampden to watch a Hibs team lose to Livi, the fan base is there.

:faf: Brilliant example by the way, we took 38k to a cup final to watch a game that most thought we would win and we didn't. Fast forward and how that 38k has diminished!!!!

Cup final attendances and core attendances at ER bear no comparison sadly.

Hermit Crab
28-05-2013, 09:48 AM

Every one of those team will pump us.

lord bunberry
28-05-2013, 10:15 AM
I think it will ultimately come down to which tie comes first. If we draw a Dnipro type team again and get humped away from home in the first leg then there won't be much of a crowd for the 2nd leg at ER. But even if we draw a big team as long as ER is the first leg we should take a big support.

Does the unseeded team not play at home first?

Billy Whizz
28-05-2013, 10:17 AM
Does the unseeded team not play at home first?

I would have thought so

silverhibee
28-05-2013, 03:55 PM
As it says. If we can take 20k to Hampden we can take 20k to cheer on the team in the European game(s).

Remember Dnipro, they were a cut above us but struggled at ER due to the atmosphere.

The day trippers won't be wasting there money on a game at ER. :cb

DanHFC1875
28-05-2013, 04:16 PM
I left, and I'll be there. Or do I have to ask for your permission first?

I leave a gamr when I want as well, my money. If some folk feel you should stay and watch a lost cause that is entirely up to them.

Seveno
28-05-2013, 05:10 PM
I'll miss both games as I'll be on holiday. I'm not going to be the only one and that makes it hard to get a decent crowd.

I so hope that we win so that I can be there for the next round.

Scouse Hibee
28-05-2013, 06:38 PM
I leave a gamr when I want as well, my money. If some folk feel you should stay and watch a lost cause that is entirely up to them.

Did you stay on Sunday?