PDA

View Full Version : marketing team...

hibs4thecup1988
27-05-2013, 01:43 AM
Now...whoever is in charge of marketing or LWT group you have a massive chance now...

22,500 hibees went today. I am guessing roughly 11,000-12,500 of those gave you details. Will you please contact them and ask

"what would bring you back to Easter road".

I know people work, I know people can't afford it. Its not these guys I'm getting it, and I'm nearly 100% sure not 12,000 came from abroad.

So hibs...find out what it is that's stopping these fans coming back. If you even managed to increase crowds by 1500 every game that's 500k a year. Ball is in our court now

Steve-O
27-05-2013, 01:46 AM
Winning one of these finals would probably help however we are simply incapable of doing so.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 01:47 AM
Success

hibs4thecup1988
27-05-2013, 01:48 AM
I agree Steve. However, that's hasn't been the case for 112 years nw.

I remember even 8/9 year ago we had big attendances week in week out. If we could get upto 11k we would have so much extra cash tosign players etc.

1875Hibees
27-05-2013, 01:57 AM
I agree Steve. However, that's hasn't been the case for 112 years nw.

I remember even 8/9 year ago we had big attendances week in week out. If we could get upto 11k we would have so much extra cash tosign players etc.
I agree. About 6 years ago we averages over 15k a week. And if yuo look back further than that 60k plus. The 4 years that we have been shocking has scared away many thousand Hibbys, winning football matches would certainly bring back several thousand Hibbys.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 02:05 AM
I agree. About 6 years ago we averages over 15k a week. And if yuo look back further than that 60k plus. The 4 years that we have been shocking has scared away many thousand Hibbys, winning football matches would certainly bring back several thousand Hibbys.

Players coming through the ranks into the first team again could help. A couple decent players will allow us to play more fluent football and hopefully win more. The economy is also a factor but we could get more along.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 02:15 AM
Chop 100 quid off the price of a renewal and I'd get one in a flash. Simple economics suggests that's not likely, but I get to games as often as I can regardless. Really do think the membership scheme needs to be revisited though.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Put a competitive winning team on the park regularly and folk can maybe justify the cost of going more. It hasn't helped that we have been gash for the last 6 years.

Ozyhibby
27-05-2013, 03:14 AM
Marketing team might be a bit busy dealing with a new reality of an Edinburgh with only one team.
Brings short term challenges and long term opportunities.

Waxy
27-05-2013, 05:59 AM
Put the prices down?

hibIBZ
27-05-2013, 06:30 AM
Put the prices down?

this, combined with a team consistently finishing in the top 6 and winning derbies

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 07:10 AM
Winning one of these finals would probably help however we are simply incapable of doing so.

Keep up the negativity...it really helps! sure the thousands who supported the team at the game will take inspiration from negative comments .You really believe that we are not hurting that we didn't win it ?...think again!

RIP
27-05-2013, 07:21 AM
We are rebuilding as a club. Hyland and Lindsay away, focusing more on youth transition, building a stronger bond between supporters, team, management and board.

The changes are subtle and incremental but I feel we are in a much better place than 2 years ago. Looking forward to Top Six next season. A European adventure before then.

As for the OP. One for Green Views?

Ozyhibby
27-05-2013, 07:26 AM
this, combined with a team consistently finishing in the top 6 and winning derbies

Doubt there will be a Derby to win.

neil7908
27-05-2013, 07:57 AM
I do think ticket prices could do with being reduced slightly but I accept that the club probably look at things like that and weigh up whats best for the finances. Even a reduction of a few quid from a ticket per game, and an equivalent reduction in seasons may help but i may be way off there.

Fair enough winning matches is obviously the best way but I do think playing decent football is a must. We have definitely been doing that again towards the end of the campaign, as we did for the first couple of months at the start of the season but there was a spell in the middle where we were woeful going forward.

I'm not expecting us to dominate every game at ER and be putting 3-4 goals past teams every week but keeping up the 4-4-2 rather than 4-5-1 and continuing to try and attack and win games, even if we dont win them all, will get fans back.

We have definitely made strides towards this and I think with the emergence of Harris, Craig to come in and (hopefully) Robertson and Craig to come back into the team next season we are only a few players short of doing this.

Mikey
27-05-2013, 08:04 AM
They could do with moving fast as there's clearly a concerted effort to undermine any good that can be taken from yesterday.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2013, 08:07 AM
They could do with moving fast as there's clearly a concerted effort to undermine any good that can be taken from yesterday.

They should do Mikey, but its Hibs you're talking about here. Tried a few times to help them.....

hibs4thecup1988
27-05-2013, 08:41 AM
We are rebuilding as a club. Hyland and Lindsay away, focusing more on youth transition, building a stronger bond between supporters, team, management and board.

The changes are subtle and incremental but I feel we are in a much better place than 2 years ago. Looking forward to Top Six next season. A European adventure before then.

As for the OP. One for Green Views?

I agree whole heartedly. This was not a pop at the board or fans. I feel we have progressed. All I'm saying is when I was younger say mid 90's etc we regularly got 14/15k. Prices not much different in all reality. And we were not really that succesful either. So why have the fans dwindled?

What is "green views"? Sorry I've been out the loop with internet or fans stuff last few years