PDA

View Full Version : Cork city hibs

Haymaker
27-05-2013, 12:29 AM
Was great to meet you guys on Saturday night outside the 4 in hand. Cant remember your username because i was rather under the influence when we were discussing it. :greengrin

Cracking flag as well boys! :aok:

I'm_cabbaged
27-05-2013, 06:31 AM
Shezer, I got a Hibs hospitality ticket off him for my dad who couldn't make it so my wife went instead by herself. Big thanks to him his mate and the others on the bus who made her feel welcome!! Hope the head's a bit better today Ken ;)

shezer
27-05-2013, 10:22 AM
Absolutely Dying still. Some trip. The flag got a great reception. Scottish whiskey is the devil.

On the game. I thought we would have done a bit better. We are still the shizzle for getting there. Europe awaits.......:flag:

Allez allez allez oh
From the Cork City
to the Capital

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 10:33 AM
..... Scottish whiskey is the devil.

It's Whisky, not Whiskey!!

:grr:

:greengrin

shezer
27-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Well it's actually uisce beatha but i'll let you off :devil:

1875HFC
27-05-2013, 11:08 AM

:aok:

givescotlandfreedom
27-05-2013, 01:36 PM
Absolutely Dying still. Some trip. The flag got a great reception. Scottish whiskey is the devil.

On the game. I thought we would have done a bit better. We are still the shizzle for getting there. Europe awaits.......:flag:

Allez allez allez oh
From the Cork City
to the Capital

I saw you guys on Friday in the four in hand then we went to the Hibs club. I was with a guy from Cologne.
It was a great laugh but your untouched pints are still waiting for you in the Hibs club :)

monktonharp
27-05-2013, 01:55 PM
Well it's actually uisce beatha but i'll let you off :devil:aye, the water o' life.....can make you do strange things though:greengrin

shezer
27-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I saw you guys on Friday in the four in hand then we went to the Hibs club. I was with a guy from Cologne.
It was a great laugh but your untouched pints are still waiting for you in the Hibs club :)

We were lucky to get up the next morning.I had calculated how much it would cost me to get a taxi to Hampden and also fit it out with a double bed...It was too much. They are a great bunch in the Hibs supporters bar.Joint best supporters in the world with Cork City FC :flag:

Haymaker
27-05-2013, 04:24 PM

I vaguely eemember you and yer pal! Reckon the Jamesons was a bad idea!

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 04:27 PM

You're still wrong, that would be Irish whiskey.

If it's Scotch whisky, it would in fact be uisge beatha

:na na:

vahibbie
27-05-2013, 04:33 PM

Allez allez allez oh
From the Cork City
to the Capital

You survived then Ken.:thumbsup:
Pity I was driving on Saturday, had to behave. Same could not be said for Sunday:wink:
Hopefully we will see you over again soon. 1st Euro game can't be far off.
Thanks once again.

shezer
27-05-2013, 05:44 PM
You survived then Ken.:thumbsup:
Pity I was driving on Saturday, had to behave. Same could not be said for Sunday:wink:
Hopefully we will see you over again soon. 1st Euro game can't be far off.
Thanks once again.

I have purchased 2 STs for me and 2 for the kids.I'll definitely be back over.And we can have a few drinks then :aok: hopefully for europe :thumbsup:

shezer
27-05-2013, 05:45 PM
You're still wrong, that would be Irish whiskey.

If it's Scotch whisky, it would in fact be uisge beatha

:na na:

In my defence I'm Irish and we were in the company of a yank :cb

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 06:02 PM
In my defence I'm Irish and we were in the company of a yank :cb

Never mind yir excuses :greengrin

Anyway, satisfy my curiosity. How did you come to be a Hibs fan, was it family links or something like that?

shezer
27-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Never mind yir excuses :greengrin

Anyway, satisfy my curiosity. How did you come to be a Hibs fan, was it family links or something like that?

Hibs played Cork City FC in the 2005 capital of culture cup(City beat Hibs on pens).I'm a big city supporter.Question 1-Why does this clubs name mean Ireland?So I do a google and find out some history...Question 2-Why are Hibs not the most supported Scottish team in Ireland-And so the crusade begins. OPERATION CONVERSION. I have to say the reception an Irish fan gets from Hibs fans is special. Maybe it's because they almost expect us to follow Celtic.I don't know.

On a side note-The Cork crest has a ship between two towers.The Hibs crest has a ship on it. I've no doubt where the ship that left Cork way back when things were tough then was going.Could even be the same ship on the Hibs crest.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Hibs played Cork City FC in the 2005 capital of culture cup(City beat Hibs on pens).I'm a big city supporter.Question 1-Why does this clubs name mean Ireland?So I do a google and find out some history...Question 2-Why are Hibs not the most supported Scottish team in Ireland-And so the crusade begins. OPERATION CONVERSION. I have to say the reception an Irish fan gets from Hibs fans is special. Maybe it's because they almost expect us to follow Celtic.I don't know.

On a side note-The Cork crest has a ship between two towers.The Hibs crest has a ship on it. I've no doubt where the ship that left Cork way back when things were tough then was going.Could even be the same ship on the Hibs crest.

Was at that game and :faf: when Jamie McCluskey came on and you Cork guys started singing "Are you small or far away?" :greengrin