PDA

View Full Version : On a Negative Note...

dublinhibs
26-05-2013, 11:26 PM
On a positive note, modern medicine means I am probably going to be alive for another 100 years. I firmly do not believe I will see us win the cup in that time. And judging by today, this whole website is happy with that. 3-0 loss and this place is a party. The train back was a party. We are seemingly delighted with our improvement on last year. Pat actually wore a suit: Let's swing from the rafters. Was today ok because it wasn't Hearts??? I don't get it! Somebody enlighten me on the lack of criticism.

R'Albin
26-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Sounds like someone's a bit bitter that their club's dying!

Pete
26-05-2013, 11:28 PM
On a positive note, modern medicine means I am probably going to be alive for another 100 years. I firmly do not believe I will see us win the cup in that time. And judging by today, this whole website is happy with that. 3-0 loss and this place is a party. The train back was a party. We are seemingly delighted with our improvement on last year. Pat actually wore a suit: Let's swing from the rafters. Was today ok because it wasn't Hearts??? I don't get it! Somebody enlighten me on the lack of criticism.

You had to be there.

JohnStephens91
26-05-2013, 11:31 PM

hibee19
26-05-2013, 11:51 PM

I agree to an extent. No we cannot be distraught about a loss to Celtic but at the same time we shouldn't just accept it bearing in mind how little we created. Heads went down after the goal. The marketing campaign at the start of the season was all good and well talking about a Hibernian with bottle but we needed leaders out there today to say we're playing well, we're still in this. It wasn't the same abomination last year was but we have to surely be aiming for better than this.

Steve-O
27-05-2013, 01:07 AM
Having watched from afar I am also surprised to see the amount of comments about 'proud to be a Hibee' because the fans were loud.

Fact is we've just put on yet another pish display in a final and are still a laughing stock having not won the thing for 112 years. In a few weeks that's what will be remembered, not who sung the loudest.

As I say, having watched on TV (and made a considerable effort at quite s cost to do so), I could not care less if the fans set a new record for decibel levels at Hampden. We were still crap and barely turned up, again.

hibs4thecup1988
27-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Richard Gordon said it perfectly for me "hibs fans come for a party".

Sorry but we should be going to win. I honestly think some are more interested in getting bevvied than the game.

I'm devastated after today yet some people are celebrating. Don't get me wrong I loved the last 10 minutes atmosphere from us. Just makes me upset we were not in the game at the time.

If that makes me a jobby, a yam or whatever I really don't care. I'm hurting inside.

Ozyhibby
27-05-2013, 01:25 AM
Celtic have a quality of players that we can only dream about affording. They don't make as many mistakes, their movement is better and they have better technique.
That's why they won today. Not because we didn't want it enough or were happy to lose.
Football's a game of economics. Celtics wage bill is closer to Man Utds than it is to Hibs.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 01:31 AM
Celtic have a quality of players that we can only dream about affording. They don't make as many mistakes, their movement is better and they have better technique.
That's why they won today. Not because we didn't want it enough or were happy to lose.
Football's a game of economics. Celtics wage bill is closer to Man Utds than it is to Hibs.

Sometimes though, passion, desire and the will to win can win these one off matches. Wigan did it, Ross County in the semi a few years back, Kilmarnock.

Ozyhibby
27-05-2013, 01:36 AM
Sometimes though, passion, desire and the will to win can win these one off matches. Wigan did it, Ross County in the semi a few years back, Kilmarnock.

I can indeed. That's why we still go or else there would be no point in watching football at all.
But having passion and desire will only work if the other team don't have it. Celtic came to win today so the difference between the teams was their superior quality player.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 01:48 AM
Celtic have a squad full of million pound players. I,m disappointed we lost, and would liked us to have got at them more. The main reason that people are posting how proud they are is our support today was awesome. We backed our team to the hilt and showed our love for the club. I wont apologise for that. The BBC highlights tonight made a point at the end of talking about it and praising the Hibs support. Well deserved praise at that.

OsloHibs
27-05-2013, 01:48 AM
:yawn: If you think I'd spend X amount of money in following Hibs from overseas to stand at a cup final celebrate the fact that we got beat 3-0.. You have missed the point completely.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 01:51 AM
The supporters were magnificent and no-one is being asked to apologize for being proud. I'm certainly not angry we lost to Celtic, of course they should beat us but we had to make more of a fist of it than we did.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 01:53 AM
:yawn: If you think I'd spend X amount of money in following Hibs from overseas to stand at a cup final celebrate the fact that we got beat 3-0.. You have missed the point completely.
I think you are missing the point. We weren't celebrating we where supporting the team. Should we all just walk out and do nothing? These guys have worked hard to get to the final, I know because I went to every game. They deserved our support.

green.and.white
27-05-2013, 02:26 AM
You've got it wrong mate. It was a message from us, the fans, to the players and the club as a whole that we see the improvement and how we know celtic were very good and deserved the win but hey, we gave it a good go and will be supporting the team even more next season as we strive to keep building ourselves back up. No one is happy with a 3-0 loss, get real.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 02:29 AM
You've got it wrong mate. It was a message from us, the fans, to the players and the club as a whole that we see the improvement and how we know celtic were very good and deserved the win but hey, we gave it a good go and will be supporting the team even more next season as we strive to keep building ourselves back up. No one is happy with a 3-0 loss, get real.:agree:

OsloHibs
27-05-2013, 02:33 AM
I think you are missing the point. We weren't celebrating we where supporting the team. Should we all just walk out and do nothing? These guys have worked hard to get to the final, I know because I went to every game. They deserved our support.

I agree 100%. Re-read my post! I know I don't speak in English everyday anymore, but didn't think I was that bad at it!

Bay Area Hibees
27-05-2013, 02:42 AM
Was gutted to miss the game today, followed online from San Francisco and disappointed team didn't really threaten or able to take the game to Celtic. BUT I was immensely proud of the support and positivity. Think the lads in the East Stand have made a massive difference in driving fan singing. Never prouder to be a Hibee!

Pete
27-05-2013, 02:56 AM
It was surreal. Normally the end would have emptied but I have never, ever seen a Hibs crowd react like that before.

To the people who watched it on TV and don't understand, no offence but it was a genuine "you had to be there" moment. If you were there you would understand why it wasn't just about singing.

Getting beat wasn't great and of course I'm not happy with the outcome of the game but from a few moments before the end until after we collected the medals it was special. I'll remember that fifteen minutes over the result.

I'm totally and unashamedly proud of the team and the fans for their efforts yesterday. If anyone, be they an undercover jambo, a bed-wetter or someone who's still upset thinks my attitude is inappropriate then they can do one!:greengrin

:fenlon:jmcp:

lEXO
27-05-2013, 03:01 AM
It was surreal. Normally the end would have emptied but I have never, ever seen a Hibs crowd react like that before.

To the people who watched it on TV and don't understand, no offence but it was a genuine "you had to be there" moment. If you were there you would understand why it wasn't just about singing.

Getting beat wasn't great and of course I'm not happy with the outcome of the game but from a few moments before the end until after we collected the medals it was special. I'll remember that fifteen minutes over the result.

I'm totally and unashamedly proud of the team and the fans for their efforts yesterday. If anyone, be they an undercover jambo, a bed-wetter or someone who's still upset thinks my attitude is inappropriate then they can do one!:greengrin

:fenlon:jmcp:You are spot on mate. It was a you had to be there moment. And I am glad I was part of it :thumbsup:

greenteam
27-05-2013, 03:30 AM
Ach who cares....the 50s will return....(I know we didnt win a cup) :na na:

TrickyNicky
27-05-2013, 04:00 AM

:top marksYou are damn right!

They deserved the support - they made it to the final - the last 2 teams standing out of every team in the country.

We are only a laughing stock to those mutants with no club, no ground and 400,000 fans.

#$@* them , they hate everything about us, whether we win it or not!

Support the team, have a good day, love yer team, and enjoy yer life.

Who cares if we dinnae win it - it's no the end ay the world.

" Man the F#&* up " , sum ay ye!

lEXO
27-05-2013, 04:02 AM

They deserved the support - they made it to the final - the last 2 teams standing out of every team in the country.

We are only a laughing stock to those mutants with no club, no ground and 400,000 fans.

" Man the F#&* up " , sum ay ye!:aok:

Waxy
27-05-2013, 05:51 AM
Dissapointed at the result.happy at the improvement, especially against the yams.

500miles
27-05-2013, 05:56 AM
Hibs weren't poor yesterday, Celtic were good. The attacking diamond of Brown, Commons, Stokes and Hooper were clincal and determined to come away winners. Their defence was big, athletic and organised, so we had to work to get anything out of them, and we still created a couple of chances - if only our midfielders would pull the trigger every so often!

We worked hard, played some nice passes, tried to play the right way, and never gave up. In the end, for me, it came down to Celtic being more clinical that us. We got into some nice positions - but the final ball was just out, or the ball broke to the Celtic defender rather than our forward, or our midfield was too reluctant to shoot. I don't think we deserved to get beat by the scoreline we did. If we played like that against any other team in the league, I reckon we could have won, but it wasn't to be. No one in the SPL beats Celtic when they turn up and play to their potential. We just have to roll our sleeves up now, and do it all again next season.

swanny 6-2
27-05-2013, 06:03 AM

:fenlon:jmcp:never in my life 38 years of ups and downs supporting Hibernian,to witness what happened at the end,it was like the man said surreal,after a 3-0 defeat,I walked out of hampden smiling

Drem
27-05-2013, 06:22 AM
You've got it wrong mate. It was a message from us, the fans, to the players and the club as a whole that we see the improvement and how we know celtic were very good and deserved the win but hey, we gave it a good go and will be supporting the team even more next season as we strive to keep building ourselves back up. No one is happy with a 3-0 loss, get real.

Got it in one:agree:

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 06:25 AM

Easily one of the worst/daftest/least thought out posts of the year.

s.a.m
27-05-2013, 06:45 AM
:agree: Spot on.

" Man the F#&* up " , sum ay ye!
:agree: Also spot on.

HH81
27-05-2013, 06:53 AM

Good post.

I felt proud seeing my nephew singing Hibs songs at the end. Bring on next season. :flag:

Borderhibbie76
27-05-2013, 07:00 AM
No spl team would have beat Celtic yesterday, we all readily admitted pre cup final to be in with a chance they had to under estimate us a la Ross county, st mirren etc... Lennon said post match they knew what winning the cup meant to hibs, they came to win yest, ffs they beat barca!! As for the support and last 10 mins, never been prouder to be a hibbie!!

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 07:03 AM

You have summed it up perfectly!
footballing economics ruled the day, this had zero to do with lack of effort.. And yes the fans were magnificent, rather than partying this was a massive show of support for the team, that I am sure the players who are left next year will remember and will motivate! Sick of reading snide comments from folk who were not at the game...what we witnessed was true 100/0 support for our team, nothing to be ashamed of!

Purple & Green
27-05-2013, 07:13 AM

That's a brilliant description - there was a point maybe 10 minutes from the end that had the hairs on the back of my neck standing up, it was truly awesome.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 07:17 AM
It was certainly a had to be there moment. I stayed right through to the end gave the team a rousing applause watched them lift the cup and it got me thinking maybe just maybe they have the experience now to lift the bloody thing next year.
What a support and looking at the stats (apart from the score) things were pretty much even. Just no cutting edge from us yesterday.
Always next year onwards and upwards and v v proud to be a hibby.
GGTTH

Purple & Green
27-05-2013, 07:17 AM

I think we will win the cup, and it's a question of when, not if. Today reinforced that for me, so I was singing loud and proud for the last 15 minutes. It's a great club.

Craig_in_Prague
27-05-2013, 07:20 AM
Well done to all the supporters at the game yesterday, it was fantastic to see the fans singing and you done our great club proud.

We are moving in the right direction as a club, we need to keep that going now.

What was the alternative yesterday? Fight with each other, chuck scarves on the pitch... turn your back on the team and write letters to the club you won't be back?

10/10 from me to all the fans once again!!

tanfield
27-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Hibs weren't poor yesterday, Celtic were good. The attacking diamond of Brown, Commons, Stokes and Hooper were clincal and determined to come away winners. Their defence was big, athletic and organised, so we had to work to get anything out of them, and we still created a couple of chances - if only our midfielders would pull the trigger every so often!

We worked hard, played some nice passes, tried to play the right way, and never gave up. In the end, for me, it came down to Celtic being more clinical that us. We got into some nice positions - but the final ball was just out, or the ball broke to the Celtic defender rather than our forward, or our midfield was too reluctant to shoot. I don't think we deserved to get beat by the scoreline we did. If we played like that against any other team in the league, I reckon we could have won, but it wasn't to be. No one in the SPL beats Celtic when they turn up and play to their potential. We just have to roll our sleeves up now, and do it all again next season.

spot on! :agree:

lucky
27-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Gutted we lost, but we never played badly just beaten by the better team. The support was fantastic and it actually made the day. But I hope Hibs fans don't turn like the Tartan Army celebrating losses.

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Gutted we lost, but we never played badly just beaten by the better team. The support was fantastic and it actually made the day. But I hope Hibs fans don't turn like the Tartan Army celebrating losses.

Nothing to do with celebrating losses, we were gutted... But showed total support for the club!

Paisley Hibby
27-05-2013, 07:54 AM

But only because the "big team" ALSO didn't turn up (eg Man City in this year's FA Cup final). Passion iisn't enough when the other team also has it and is bettter to start with.

SlickShoes
27-05-2013, 08:06 AM

If you think any of us in the stadium at full time were "celebrating" losing 3-0 then you need your head examined.

At full time I was singing hibs songs with my best friend and the guys next to us, the same bunch of people that when we went 2-0 down were on the verge of tears.

We weren't celebrating getting beat, we were sticking together and staying strong in the face of yet another Scottish Cup capitulation. If the players showed half the desire the fans have for winning the thing then maybe we would do it sometime in the next 100 years.

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 08:33 AM
If you think any of us in the stadium at full time were "celebrating" losing 3-0 then you need your head examined.

At full time I was singing hibs songs with my best friend and the guys next to us, the same bunch of people that when we went 2-0 down were on the verge of tears.

We weren't celebrating getting beat, we were sticking together and staying strong in the face of yet another Scottish Cup capitulation. If the players showed half the desire the fans have for winning the thing then maybe we would do it sometime in the next 100 years.

Correct!!...too many snide remarks from some overseas fans on here!....."do you think I'm gonna waste money coming over for the final"p1sh!...if that's the attitude keep your money, enjoy the sunshine but don't rip into fans who were at the game and gave their all trying to lift the team and club!

1two
27-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Defiance

JeMeSouviens
27-05-2013, 09:01 AM

No chance. Anyone who's been on a Scotland trip could tell you that. Totally different atmosphere.

The last 10 minutes yesterday was a defiant bonding of the Hibee nation. I'm proud me and my boys were part of it.

matty_f
27-05-2013, 09:13 AM
The last ten minutes was hee-haw to do with celebrating a defeat or going for a party.

It was, imho, a significant and genuine recognition that Hibernian are back. There was an element of redemption, an element if defiance, support, and thanks.

We showed what the club means to us and that when the players and management put 100% in then we will give them the sort of backing that other clubs can only dream of.

blackpoolhibs
27-05-2013, 09:20 AM
No chance. Anyone who's been on a Scotland trip could tell you that. Totally different atmosphere.

The last 10 minutes yesterday was a defiant bonding of the Hibee nation. I'm proud me and my boys were part of it.

Exactly, we have folk having a pop at the fans for leaving early. we have folk criticising fans for sitting on their hands and not getting behind the team. Now we are wrong for backing the team to the bitter end?

I personally stayed and sang right to when we went up for the medals, because I was giving support to the future, the kids who have broken through this season. They are the reason I am so pleased and hopeful for the future.

The_Exile
27-05-2013, 09:22 AM
Anybody who know anything about football will see the frightening speed of progress we've made over the past year, there will be other finals, today wasn't our day, 114 years and counting, so what, what's more important is that we've got a club to support, we've got a fantastic manager and a great attitude at the club, I would actually question his tactics at specific points yesterday but there was nothing we could've done to prevent that yesterday, Celtic were the better team, simple. Plus not to mention we seem to have another generation of incredibly talented youngsters coming through, that's why it's not all doom and gloom!

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 09:36 AM

Feel the exact same. :top marks

nonshinyfinish
27-05-2013, 09:50 AM

This is exactly right.

I wouldn't believe it if I hadn't been there - it wasn't a Tartan Army 'we're determined to have a good time regardless' thing.

therealgavmac
27-05-2013, 10:08 AM
The last ten minutes was hee-haw to do with celebrating a defeat or going for a party.

It was, imho, a significant and genuine recognition that Hibernian are back. There was an element of redemption, an element if defiance, support, and thanks.

We showed what the club means to us and that when the players and management put 100% in then we will give them the sort of backing that other clubs can only dream of.

:agree: In a nutshell Matty

MrRobot
27-05-2013, 10:12 AM
So gutted but it was an improvement from last year and ultimately not as bad as Lear years outcome.

I was just happy to see more fight from the team this time round. It was always going to be a tough task, but really only Hooper and Stokes were the difference. They always cause us problems when they play together.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 10:18 AM
I understand the OP to an extent ..... it is incredibly frustrating that we just cant seem to win the bloody thing .. that was my 4th final.

But I can only repeat what other fans are saying. That was a show of defiance and pride at the end. Not pride in being defeated, but pride in being a Hibby. As somebody said about his mates ... at 2 - 0 I knew that the game was over and like them was nearly in tears when the 2nd goal went in.

Proud to be a Hibby today. Not because of a great team on the park .... but because of great fans off it.

GGTTH

Keith_M
27-05-2013, 10:25 AM
RE: Other teams beating Celtc in the final / at Hampden.

"Hard work only beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Unfortunately for us, they had both on the same day.

GavinHarris 10
27-05-2013, 10:35 AM
So people spend alot of money to get to the final(ticket, bus, food+drink, programme, etc) and because we get beat we're not allowed to enjoy ourselves? Remember that we all went to hampden yesterday in hope. Not expectation of winning the cup. Apart from that I think we showed how much we care about our club and the support we can give them

Phil D. Rolls
27-05-2013, 10:40 AM

Is it because the players did their best, showed passion and commitment, and were outplayed by a higher level of player.

Hearts had nothing to do with it. Something they are going to have to get used to.

Hibs showed real bottle to fight their way to the final. The club also lives within its means.

Saorsa
27-05-2013, 10:46 AM
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b168/jamie1971/yamcopy_zps4455052b.gif (http://s19.photobucket.com/user/jamie1971/media/yamcopy_zps4455052b.gif.html)

McHibby
27-05-2013, 11:18 AM
Defiance

Exactly. Everyone was gutted to have lost. But we were not going to be cowed by those smelly, glory-hunting tramps. It was a spontaneous reaction, a coming together of the support and about having pride in being a Hibee.

Centre Hawf
27-05-2013, 11:36 AM
You had to be there.

This.

Hibercelona
27-05-2013, 01:50 PM
As good as Celtic are in terms of quality compared to ourselves, the way we conceded all 3 goals was totally unacceptable.

Celtic may have far better quality of player than ourselves. But none of them needed to work that hard yesterday for the goals. That's what peeves me off.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 01:56 PM
As good as Celtic are in terms of quality compared to ourselves, the way we conceded all 3 goals was totally unacceptable.

Celtic may have far better quality of player than ourselves. But none of them needed to work that hard yesterday for the goals. That's what peeves me off.
Good players make it look easy.

Waxy
27-05-2013, 02:20 PM
Look. At the first two goals. Replace williams and defenders with 3 council workers and we'd probably have cleared the danger twice.

Sadsc
27-05-2013, 05:26 PM

As a new poster I agree with the first post, everyone wants improvement but that was another very poor performance on the field. Ask someone in three years time who won the cup and the supporters performance will be forgotten. Cant get my head round this Tartan Army thing, turn up in numbers, make a noise and it doesn't mean a sh*t about the result

lEXO
27-05-2013, 06:30 PM
Look. At the first two goals. Replace williams and defenders with 3 council workers and we'd probably have cleared the danger twice.Classic post. Seriously......................................... .......

OsloHibs
27-05-2013, 06:40 PM

Once again RE-READ MY POST :grr:
There is absolute no-way I was slating Hibs fans BUT mearly pointing out to the previous posters that I would never pay all the money I have paid to go to Hampden just for a 'day out' and then stay at the end cheering the team for losing 3-0, when indeed it was much more than that.

OsloHibs
27-05-2013, 06:43 PM
I think you (and a few others) have misunderstood. That's not what OsloHibs was saying at all. The comment was in response to people like Richard Gordon who said that Hibs fans were just there for a party and sing-song. OsloHibs then said that there's no way he would spend all that money travelling back just to have a sing-song and celebrate a 3-0 loss. I.e: He was proud to have come back to support his team and back them through the singing at the end, and to call it a "party" or a "singsong" diminishes what it was.

Thank you HibeeN for being able to read a post properly :not worth

lEXO
27-05-2013, 06:45 PM
Once again RE-READ MY POST :grr:
There is absolute no-way I was slating Hibs fans BUT mearly pointing out to the previous posters that I would never pay all the money I have paid to go to Hampden just for a 'day out' and then stay at the end cheering the team for losing 3-0, when indeed it was much more than that.
Your post didn't make that clear though, otherwise a few of us would,nt have read it the way we did. I get your point now you have made it clearer, and maybe quoting the previous posters would have helped us.