PDA

View Full Version : Taking stock

Miguel
26-05-2013, 11:05 PM
This season: After the nightmare of last season, not just the cup final, but the relegation fight and the legacy of Calderwood, this season has to be judged a success. A couple of poor refereeing decisions robbed us of a decent league placing, we lost a cup final to a club with a much larger budget than us with our captain out and inspirational striker injured, we've bossed the derbies and there's a decent crop of young players coming through.

Next season: A real window of opportunity, IF we play our cards right. No Rangers, a weakened, and perhaps more Hearts, other weakened competitors, particularly Motherwell. The jury is still out on Pat: had a massive job to do when he came in and a potentially equally big one in the summer. Half time in semi was maybe a bit of a turning point for him. We need to get a better scouting system. Other clubs with lower budgets seem to be picking up players that we are missing out on. We need to secure Griffiths, even if it takes substantial investment.
Lastly, we need Sir Tom Farmer to step up to the plate. That was a nice article in the match programme about him. I'm truly grateful for what he's done for us, but, to be blunt, he's not getting any younger. He can't take his money with him when he goes. He needs to get his hand in his pocket and start seriously investing.

Humo
26-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I wouldn't want him to spend money he doesn't have or screw us over like I hear has happened to another Edinburgh club recently. Can't for the life of me remember there name just know its full of pedos junkies and drink drivers.

Ozyhibby
27-05-2013, 12:23 AM
Don't need Farmer to spend anymore money. Just need to spend what we generate better.