PDA

View Full Version : highlights

bigstu
26-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Just seen some &they sadly show how it wasn't just a case of us coming up against a good team today, showed that Hibs were fairly rank & didnt really turn up. Bad & lazy defending for the goals. Poor tactics when we were 2 down, should have gone for it morw.
The guy on Sky made the point that if Hibs fans arent seeing good football & arent seeing their team win then whats the point & he probably has a point.

Some investment needed in the team over the summer.

Despite all this i'll be back as always in August. Hail hail

nic81
26-05-2013, 10:52 PM
Just seen some &they sadly show how it wasn't just a case of us coming up against a good team today, showed that Hibs were fairly rank & didnt really turn up. Bad & lazy defending for the goals. Poor tactics when we were 2 down, should have gone for it morw.
The guy on Sky made the point that if Hibs fans arent seeing good football & arent seeing their team win then whats the point & he probably has a point.

Finally some sense! Feel like i'm the only one who feels we were rotten today! Peoples emotions re our support of the team are clouding the fact that once again we were pretty awful in a cup final!

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:59 PM

Your thread title is your problem here. You saw 'highlights' compiled by Sky and quite naturally focussing on the winning team.

We weren't great today but we showed a helluva lot more spirit and fight than we did 12 months ago. Do you honestly think that thousands of Hibs fans would have stayed at the end and cheered the team if they though Hibs were rank?

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 11:01 PM
2 different points....

The current team do not deserve the fans, but least they showed up. This Celtic team beat Barcelona, and for most of the second half we competed. Unfortunately, in typical Hibs fashion we conceded 2 cheap goals!

But just like the Dortmund fans last night, we will support you ever more!!!!

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 11:06 PM
We were convincingly beaten by a club that can afford players who are probably on around six or seven times the salary that most of our players are on, who played in the Champions League just a few months ago, got to the last 16 beating Barcelona in the process and who won the league title with ease.

I think that sums things up.

bigstu
26-05-2013, 11:14 PM
Your thread title is your problem here. You saw 'highlights' compiled by Sky and quite naturally focussing on the winning team.

We weren't great today but we showed a helluva lot more spirit and fight than we did 12 months ago. Do you honestly think that thousands of Hibs fans would have stayed at the end and cheered the team if they though Hibs were rank?

I was at the match, highlights just confirmed what i thought, nothing to do with Sky. Would be difficult to compile any highlights that made us look any good. Celtic were the better team but we were not good today, dont kid yourself. I stayed until the end to cheer the fact that we are Hibs & we'll support them ever more, i did not stay to cheer the fantastic display put on by our players.

Northernhibee
26-05-2013, 11:35 PM
I'm not going to criticise the team today; the performance wasn't the best but y'know, the players gave it everything and had Doyler's header gone in early doors then who knows what could have happened.

We're still recovering from the worst manager in the over one century long history of our club, a manager who stripped us of all quality. We'll get better, we'll get stronger and we have Harris, Forster, Handling, Caldwell, Taiwo, Horribine, Stanton, (please) Griffiths best years to come who all look like they'll be good football players for us.

Importantly the team appeared as gutted as we were to not win it. No strops at the end, no "I don't give a **** tbh"s, just players gutted that they couldn't bring home the cup after giving it their all.

I said before the match that as long as every player came off the pitch having given it their all then I'd be proud of them. We weren't at our best but that wasn't through lack of effort and as such I'm proud of our team, proud of our incredible support and very, very proud to be a Hibee tonight.

GGTTH

Pete
26-05-2013, 11:45 PM
We were convincingly beaten by a club that can afford players who are probably on around six or seven times the salary that most of our players are on, who played in the Champions League just a few months ago, got to the last 16 beating Barcelona in the process and who won the league title with ease.

I think that sums things up.

Agree.

Brown and Stokes started to impose themselves after their goal and we were up against it after confident start. I don't think we were great after that but for anyone to call us poor is wrong in my opinion.

Pat Bonner got it right. If a team full of quality players get the right attitude (which their goal gave them), there's not much a team with inferior players can do to stop them. Teams that beat Celtic in Scotland do so because they aren't 100% and I'm afraid they played well today.

I thought we played well and tried hard. No real complaints.

dublinhibs
26-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Did you not see the body language drop in 60 minutes or so? McGivern, in possession, shrugged his shoulders like it was 2012. All urgency was lost in the midfield. Pat fair enough made a change but I saw what I saw a year ago, the scariest sight for a hibs fan, and feared for another total capitulation. We came out with a lucky scoreline.

Northernhibee
26-05-2013, 11:51 PM
Did you not see the body language drop in 60 minutes or so? McGivern, in possession, shrugged his shoulders like it was 2012. All urgency was lost in the midfield. Pat fair enough made a change but I saw what I saw a year ago, the scariest sight for a hibs fan, and feared for another total capitulation. We came out with a lucky scoreline.
:troll:

dublinhibs
27-05-2013, 12:20 AM
Oh come on! We lost 3-0 and I'm alarmed at the delight on here. Fans all around me were raging in the stadium, I find it hard to believe the same people are on here wetting themselves with glee.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 03:37 AM
I'm more than proud to be a Hi-bee tonight. Our fans were great today and the highlights were nothing short of a joke. Three times sportscene cut to their display before kickoff and didn't show ours. West coast bias, I think so on this occasion :agree:.