PDA

View Full Version : Spoony?

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:27 PM
I know he gets a lot of stick on here, but think he should have made the bench today!

He showed last week that given the opportunity he can come on and change a game. Handling did nothing when he came on, and Robertson was a waste of a sub imho!

So, Spoony must be away next season, and I think this will come back to haunt us.

Thoughts?

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Would be disappointed to see him go. Has more to offer us.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:29 PM
I felt for Spoony being left out today for the second successive final.

lucky
26-05-2013, 10:30 PM
He is poor 90% of the time but still better than Robertson

Hibbyradge
26-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Two cup finals in a row and not even an appearance on the bench.

Goodbye Spoony.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 10:36 PM
I hadn't given him missing out on a place on the bench a 2nd thought until now.

He gives us a flash of skill or ability once every few games. It's not enough.

GreenCastle
26-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Spoony / Deegan and what has happened to Cairney ? :confused:

Think he got the starting 11 right - maybe would have had Stevenson involved but no complaints.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Pretty sure that Wotherspoon's played his last game for the club.

Fergus52
26-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Spoony / Deegan and what has happened to Cairney ? :confused:

Think he got the starting 11 right - maybe would have had Stevenson involved but no complaints.

Cairneys not featured at all since the semi and had been pretty woeful since around Christmas time anyway.

However if he can recapture his early season form him and Harris on the wings next season would be a pretty exciting prospect.

neil7908
26-05-2013, 10:45 PM
He is poor 90% of the time but still better than Robertson

I think Robertson will come good next season. He has an assist to his name (and for a winning goal at Tynecastle at that) and scored his first goal for the club at Killie meaning he has more goals to his name this season than Claros, Taiwo and Thomson combined.

He'll be next seasons Claros.

Would personally still be giving Wotherspoon a new deal and I think he's right to feel hard done by in missing the squad for the last 2 finals.

Humo
26-05-2013, 11:05 PM
I think Robertson will come good next season. He has an assist to his name (and for a winning goal at Tynecastle at that) and scored his first goal for the club at Killie meaning he has more goals to his name this season than Claros, Taiwo and Thomson combined.

He'll be next seasons Claros.

Would personally still be giving Wotherspoon a new deal and I think he's right to feel hard done by in missing the squad for the last 2 finals.

Hats a bit unfair on Taiwo he's really came on recently and got a great goal against Motherwell. I don't think Taiwo can control the midfield yet but he plays with passion and energy and can see him becoming more of a goal threat

Callum_62
26-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Spoony was great for 1 1/2 seasons.....been pretty much rotten ever since.

He might come good somewhere else....maybe.....but wouldnt loose any sleep if he moved on

LeighLoyal
26-05-2013, 11:56 PM
I'd keep him, going by dundee he might have made an impact today.

NOLA
27-05-2013, 12:07 AM
Tbh when I saw the subs bench I never thought where's wotherspoon? I forgot all about him and for me its thank you and goodbye.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 12:18 AM
He should have been on the bench, he can make an impact coming off the bench but Fenlon obviously fancies Handling more so no complaints really. I wouldn't bring him back unless maybe on a 1 year deal. Too inconsistent, would be back for depth mainly. If he goes it would be with the hope that we'll get a better player to replace him.

green.and.white
27-05-2013, 02:29 AM
Can't see him staying after today. He is quite good, but he is replaceable

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2013, 06:08 AM
Its a shame he didnt develop into the player we all thought he would at Hibs, but thats football. He has shown glimpses of being the player he was when he first came through without ever showing the consistency to maintain those sort of performances. I think he needs to move on to try and get his career back on track, and the fact he was left out yesterday suggests that. Good luck to him if he does.

Borderhibbie76
27-05-2013, 07:21 AM
Heard a rumour Paul cairney is suffering from crohns disease (same illness as darren fletcher) no idea if its true as i say its only a rumour ive heard?? Would certainly explain.his complete disappearance since semi!! As for spoony, its thanks and goodbye from me, occasionally skillful with absolutely no heart!!

Moon unit
27-05-2013, 07:21 AM
I know he gets a lot of stick on here, but think he should have made the bench today!

He showed last week that given the opportunity he can come on and change a game. Handling did nothing when he came on, and Robertson was a waste of a sub imho!

So, Spoony must be away next season, and I think this will come back to haunt us.

Thoughts?
This!:aok:

Danderhall Hibs
27-05-2013, 07:41 AM
Heard a rumour Paul cairney is suffering from crohns disease (same illness as darren fletcher) no idea if its true as i say its only a rumour ive heard?? Would certainly explain.his complete disappearance since semi!! As for spoony, its thanks and goodbye from me, occasionally skillful with absolutely no heart!!

Apparently it's just that - a rumour. And Darren Fletcher doesn't have crohns disease either.

Heisenberg
27-05-2013, 07:52 AM

Cairney said he's not injured or anything on twitter, he acknowledged that he's just not been good enough.

Golden Bear
27-05-2013, 07:54 AM
Spoony's career suffered badly as he was asked to play in so many different positions by various different Managers. Instead of being allowed to settle and mature into a good SPL player he became a bit piece squad player whose self confidence hit rock bottom.

I hope that young Harris doesn't suffer the same fate. The guy is a natural left sided attacking player and that's the role he should be allowed to play. Let's forget this right side of midfield nonsense as it's obvious that he's not comfortable in that position.

heretoday
27-05-2013, 08:09 AM
I saw Spoony score two crackers last season - one versus Inverness and the other versus Hearts in the cup. Nobody yesterday was attempting accurate shots from outside the box. I think he might have been worth throwing on in the second half.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 08:17 AM
You can tell if spooky goes he will end up a gem for a team like Ross county or ICT as they go on and finish above us in the league

JollyGreenGiant
27-05-2013, 08:26 AM
You can tell if spooky goes he will end up a gem for a team like Ross county or ICT as they go on and finish above us in the league

Who is this player Spooky?

HibbyAndy
27-05-2013, 08:27 AM
Scored in his 1st game and scored in his last game.

Bye Spoony.

Hibernian Verse
27-05-2013, 08:35 AM
Not read the topic so sorry if its been mentioned but I've heard he's signed a deal with Rangers to start in September.

J-C
27-05-2013, 08:41 AM

Likes the bevvy too much as does Deegan, Pat's trying to get rid of that culture at the club, wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by next season.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 09:37 AM

sorry meant Spoony

... maybe its because he was a ghost at the final!

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2013, 09:51 AM
Likes the bevvy too much as does Deegan, Pat's trying to get rid of that culture at the club, wouldn't be surprised if he's gone by next season.

Thats a real shame if true, Cairney was the one player I really enjoyed watching this season (when he played) apart from Griffiths and Harris.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 11:04 AM

sorry meant Spoony

... maybe its because he was a ghost at the final!

Pedantic_Hibee
27-05-2013, 11:25 AM

How do you know this?

J-C
27-05-2013, 12:53 PM
How do you know this?

from contacts inside the club, obviously can't name names.

East Coast Hibe
27-05-2013, 01:00 PM
from contacts inside the club, obviously can't name names.

It's pretty common knowledge that Cairney turned up to train with the under 20's and was still drunk from the night before. Got sent home.

juniorhibbee
27-05-2013, 03:35 PM
People on kickback are saying that spoony is signing for them

Sir David Gray
27-05-2013, 03:40 PM

First Danny Wilson and now David Wotherspoon.

Maybe we should give this insolvency lark a try, it doesn't seem to be doing them any harm.

Devilstorment
27-05-2013, 03:41 PM

bull*****

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Best for all if Wotherspoon moves on imo.

anon1875
27-05-2013, 03:51 PM
I know a Thistle player who I went through school with and he said Cairney is daft as a brush and likes a night out or two. I don't think he's got a bad attitude or is out on the drink because more people would of heard it. He's also playing out of position at Hibs as he played in the hole mostly with Thistle. As for Spooney, wish him all the best where ever he goes.

Waxy
27-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Should have been on the pitch.
Goalscoring midfielder? Just what we needed.

juniorhibbee
27-05-2013, 04:00 PM
bull*****
I hope it is! I still think he is worth keeping as a squad player

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 07:01 PM
First Danny Wilson and now David Wotherspoon.

Maybe we should give this insolvency lark a try, it doesn't seem to be doing them any harm.

Who's next? Denzel Washington perhaps? :greengrin

Baldy Foghorn
27-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Who's next? Denzel Washington perhaps? :greengrin

As long as it's not David Walliams, the bloke does my head in, and would be the top of my booboy list......

Phil D. Rolls
27-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Stories from Elm Row Greggs suggest Spoony spends a lot of time in the bookies.

bingo70
27-05-2013, 07:22 PM

Hope so. I read that he's 'brilliant' sometimes but doesn't show it often enough but I just don't see it. Occasionally he comes off the bench and does ok but imo once he leaves hibs his career will only go down the way.

Saying that he'd probably do a job for them in the 1st division so he'd maybe be an ok signing for them.

Billy Whizz
27-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Hope so. I read that he's 'brilliant' sometimes but doesn't show it often enough but I just don't see it. Occasionally he comes off the bench and does ok but imo once he leaves hibs his career will only go down the way.

Saying that he'd probably do a job for them in the 1st division so he'd maybe be an ok signing for them.

Wouldn't be surprised if Dundee Utd or Partick were looking at him

Bishop Hibee
27-05-2013, 07:40 PM
I'd have had him on the pitch yesterday rather than Thomson who was never at the races. That said, with Handling, Harris, Cairney and Liam Craig next season we have wide players and could sign another if Spoony left which seems pretty likely.

I think he can still play at SPL level and actually would not be surprised if the maroon balloons where sniffing about. I wouldn't be overly worried about him leaving. So long and thanks for some good goals especially the one v Hertz in the cup this season.

Stringer
27-05-2013, 09:04 PM
He has scored some great goals, never have I seen him score a tap in. Celtic were sitting off us, he was needed to take some shots at the edge of the box.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 10:50 PM
He has scored some great goals, never have I seen him score a tap in. Celtic were sitting off us, he was needed to take some shots at the edge of the box.

Scored a tap in at st Johnstone a season ago in a 1-1 draw.

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Thats a real shame if true, Cairney was the one player I really enjoyed watching this season (when he played) apart from Griffiths and Harris.

I understand that for the first half of the season.

But it cant be true for our matches post christmas?

LALthehibeeGAL
28-05-2013, 12:07 AM
I know a Thistle player who I went through school with and he said Cairney is daft as a brush and likes a night out or two. I don't think he's got a bad attitude or is out on the drink because more people would of heard it. He's also playing out of position at Hibs as he played in the hole mostly with Thistle. As for Spooney, wish him all the best where ever he goes.

FWIW I think Spoony should have made the bench - cos he is effective when coming on - I did say immediately "what no Spoony again!!!" I think it's a tad harsh but like Lewis he is probably "too versitile" so that means easy to slot in when needed but also easy to replace!!!! So glad Lewis got on I think he should have been on instead of McGivern fwiw but hey ho.

As regards Cairney - He was my MOTM in the early part of the season in a few games - his form has dipped and I think he has been hampered with injuries etc. As regards liking a drink - on the occasions he has been spotted yes he has had a good drink in him but always after and not before a game - he is "one of the lads" and doesn't try to be a wide boy - my son thought he was brilliant came in unannounced and blended in with others and just bought people drinks etc. Doesn't cause trouble or anything. Not much really wrong with that unless it is before a game or something.

I think Cairney will be good if he is given time and can get fully fit. I had heard a similar rumour about Kronins decease but like others say it may well just be a rumour.

Lal:wink:

gegs70
28-05-2013, 01:22 AM
He is another player who plays in different positions for us. I think his best position is behind the strikers...we have played him as a right back and right side of midfield....where does he excell???