PDA

View Full Version : Eoin Doyle

JohnStephens91
26-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Just wanted to post on here wishing him well at Chesterfield. 11 goals this season is a good tally and hopefully he continues his development. Thanks for important goals against Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and Falkirk and giving his all for the Hibs shirt irrespective of how well or poorly he was playing.

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 10:14 PM
Here here

CallumLaidlaw
26-05-2013, 10:15 PM
All the best. I would rather he stayed but I'm sure he'll do excellent for his new club

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Good luck Eoin, thanks for all your efforts in the green and white.

GreenCastle
26-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Improved since he came to us - always seemed to give his all (not the wage thieves we have seen previously!) and scored some important goals!

Think he could have been a useful squad player (like the Falkirk semi) but wish him well and hopefully he has happy memories of Hibs :thumbsup:

Vault Boy
26-05-2013, 10:17 PM
All the best to Eoin, he's given us a couple of great moments with important goals. Just a shame for him that he wasn't quite up to it today to finish his Hibs career in style. Still, he works hard and I'm sure he'll do well at Chesterfield. :aok:

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Just wanted to post on here wishing him well at Chesterfield. 11 goals this season is a good tally and hopefully he continues his development. Thanks for important goals against Dunfermline, Kilmarnock and Falkirk and giving his all for the Hibs shirt irrespective of how well or poorly he was playing.

:agree: 11 goals is respectable, played to his capabilities which were limited wish him the best of luck.

adhibs
26-05-2013, 10:20 PM
made a good contribution throughout his time at hibs and wish him all the best :thumbsup:

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:21 PM
If he had just stuck that header after 5mins closer to the bottom corner he could have been a hero!

Unfortunately he is just not good enough for us imho.

But, at least he gave 100% right till the end, good luck Eoin!

sbell1875
26-05-2013, 10:23 PM
I'd like to wish him all the best down at Chesterfield. A lot of people bashed him week in week out on here but I always felt he offered us something when he played.

For me though my abiding memory will be his equaliser in the Falkirk game.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 10:24 PM
If he had just stuck that header after 5mins closer to the bottom corner he could have been a hero!

Unfortunately he is just not good enough for us imho.

But, at least he gave 100% right till the end, good luck Eoin!

Agreed. Always tried hard but not good enough (not just today)

Fergus52
26-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Rated him since I first saw him playing for Sligo.

Hope he goes and does a Donaldson down south to prove the (albeit courteous) doubters wrong.

Good luck Eoin :thumbsup:

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 10:41 PM

Hope he goes and does a Donaldson down south to prove the (albeit courteous) doubters wrong.

I'd rather he'd done it in the 18 months he had.

Can't fault his effort - he might be decent at a lower level.

JohnStephens91
26-05-2013, 10:43 PM

I rated him too, I liked watching his movement as it was that of an intelligent player IMO (welcome to disagree), he maybe should have scored a few more goals but all in all I'm glad he played for our club. He cared about the supporters, the club and the crest on the shirt. Big loss for next season and hopefully he can continue going from strength to strength next season and play with more confidence in his abilities.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your contribution Eoin, good luck with your new club, Chesterfield.

gogsy23
26-05-2013, 11:25 PM
Who the f*** are chesterfield.

Good luck eoin.

Heisenberg
26-05-2013, 11:28 PM
He works hard and for that alone he was a vast improvement over the imposters here previously. Sometimes not the most gifted but got a decent amount of goals this season.

All the best Eoin.

R'Albin
26-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Was never a fan, but a decent guy and should be a good player at that level nonetheless.

Hope he proves me wrong :aok:

hibee19
26-05-2013, 11:54 PM
I'm glad hes moving on as we need a better standard of player, however he gave his all for the shirt and I respect and appreciate that. Thank you and good luck. You will always be welcomed at Easter Road.

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I'd rather he'd done it in the 18 months he had.

Can't fault his effort - he might be decent at a lower level.

I would argue that he did, but obviously a few others disagree.

hibee19
27-05-2013, 12:35 AM
I would argue that he did, but obviously a few others disagree.

So you would be happy if we continued to bring in players of Doyles standard?

500miles
27-05-2013, 06:25 AM
11 goals in a season where he was spent most of his time either out of position or on the bench, and he's not good enough. Deary me.

Doyle's a good player, and it's a shame we won't see the benefit of his development next season.

God Petrie
27-05-2013, 06:44 AM
Hibernian should not be losing ginger players.

HH81
27-05-2013, 06:50 AM
All the best Mr Doyle. :aok:

Chesterfield is an awful place though :greengrin

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Another name ill see week in and out popping up on the SSN printer no doubt.

Good luck.

NORTHERNHIBBY
27-05-2013, 01:20 PM
Stuck somewhere between forward in a 4-5-1 and then a striker in two up front in a role that he never got a lot of opportunities to develop an understanding. That said, Fenlon knows him better than anyone and if he has decided to let him leave then that's good enough for me.

eastterrace
27-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Another name ill see week in and out popping up on the SSN printer no doubt.

Good luck.

you will no see his name come up on the teleprinter if you go to the match. he was a reasonable player but didnt have composure in front of goal. still thanks for the memories.

jakeshibs
27-05-2013, 01:24 PM
he gave his all, tried hard and I wish him the very best in the future:flag:

hibee19
27-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Stuck somewhere between forward in a 4-5-1 and then a striker in two up front in a role that he never got a lot of opportunities to develop an understanding. That said, Fenlon knows him better than anyone and if he has decided to let him leave then that's good enough for me.

Pat Fenlon said he was surprised that Doyle turned down the contract we offered him and was disappointed to see him go.

Makaveli
27-05-2013, 01:43 PM
11 goals in a season where he was spent most of his time either out of position or on the bench, and he's not good enough. Deary me.

Doyle's a good player, and it's a shame we won't see the benefit of his development next season.

Some people just didn't take to him from the start, maybe because he often looks so awkward and tries a lot of things that don't come off.

But whichever way you look at it, 11 goals is a great return for a second striker at Hibs - never mind one who has been in and out of the team, often on the wing. (FWIW, Steven Fletcher hit 10, 11, 14 and 11 in his four full seasons at Hibs.)

Best of luck, Doyler.

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 01:50 PM
Very best of luck to him. Especially earlier in the season he linked up really well with Sparky and definitely leaves a better player than when he arrived. Will always be grateful for the goal in the semi.

Danielyma6
27-05-2013, 01:55 PM
I'm sure if he stayed another season he would be turning his misses into goals :thumbsup:.

Thank you Eoin for my favourite goal of the season against Aberdeen .

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 03:04 PM
So you would be happy if we continued to bring in players of Doyles standard?

Well we disagree on his standard anyway.

If we bring in players of the standard I see Doyle as then yeah I will be.

He always looked good when played up front in a 442 with griffiths, then went out of form when we started playing 451.

Everyone could see the ability was there, he just lacked a bit of composure at times.

I would also argue that he was our most intelligent player when it comes to movement and attacking positioning.

Fergus52
27-05-2013, 03:05 PM

:agree:

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 03:08 PM
you will no see his name come up on the teleprinter if you go to the match. he was a reasonable player but didnt have composure in front of goal. still thanks for the memories.

Apologies for not being as fantastic a fan as you clearly are...

ekhibee
27-05-2013, 03:15 PM
I had the misfortune to drive through Chesterfield years ago, so I'm not sure that he'll think much of the surroundings when he gets there. It's a cowp. I always thought that, despite his good work ethic, Doyle promised a lot more than he really delivered. He was too easily pushed off the ball, and even though he was at times in the right place at the right time, he didn't seem to be able to take advantage of it. I do wish him well though, he was a hard worker and that always deserves at least some kind of reward.

town
28-05-2013, 12:01 AM
First off, I'm disappointed you didn't turnover Celtic yesterday

Secondly as a Chesterfield supporter I was a bit disappointed in Doyle's performance albeit against Celtic.

When discussing him on our message board there is always a fair amount of debate about the relative merits of the SPL and the lower leagues in England.

It is always difficult to judge Scottish football just by watching a few games, so if the likes if Hibernian were suddenly dropped into the Football League how would they do?

hibee19
28-05-2013, 12:10 AM
Well we disagree on his standard anyway.

If we bring in players of the standard I see Doyle as then yeah I will be.

He always looked good when played up front in a 442 with griffiths, then went out of form when we started playing 451.

Everyone could see the ability was there, he just lacked a bit of composure at times.

I would also argue that he was our most intelligent player when it comes to movement and attacking positioning.

I don't want to come across as criticizing Doyle but I feel that he is a level below where I think we should be. Thats not his fault, he cannot be faulted for what he did in a Hibs jersey because he gave us all he had. If 11 players had his attitude we'd be in the top 6.

Fergus52
28-05-2013, 12:14 AM

Secondly as a Chesterfield supporter I was a bit disappointed in Doyle's performance albeit against Celtic.

When discussing him on our message board there is always a fair amount of debate about the relative merits of the SPL and the lower leagues in England.

It is always difficult to judge Scottish football just by watching a few games, so if the likes if Hibernian were suddenly dropped into the Football League how would they do?

Too hard to judge, some fans think we'd do allright in the championship, others think we'd struggle in league two.

Fan opinions on Doyle were split here, some thinking he was pretty good and some thinking he was just a bit below standard.

You're getting astriker who works hard, has intelligent movement and can also play out wide, but who is also pretty inconsistent and lacks composure at times.

hibee19
28-05-2013, 12:17 AM

I think Eoin will do very well in league two, we've had players who didn't do it up here but did very well in the lower English leagues, Clayton Donaldson I think was one.

If we were in England we'd be top end of league one, but teams like Motherwell would be bottom - mid table championship I believe.

1875STEVE
28-05-2013, 01:13 AM

Doyle IMO, is a striker still learning his trade, he's still young, and he IS developing, but he can still be pretty raw.

He's pretty quick and can be skillful, but he can drift in and out of games or not compete at all.

He can lack composure in front of goal, but then score a cracker. see Aberdeen away this season, his goal in the semi.

As for the standard of the SPL, IMO outside of Celtic, the teams in the top 6 would be mid-bottom of the Championship, the bottom 6 id say the upper end of League 1.

You also have to remember that if our clubs did get dropped into england, we'd be getting the same tv and sponsorship money that's on offer, boosting our budgets.

IMO it's stronger than League Two.

As for your fans not liking his performance against Celtic.

That's a team/defence that made it through the group stages of the Champs League and kept Barcelona and Messi out for 90+ minutes at the Nou Camp. what's Doyle going to do.

How many teams in League Two would pull that off?

I think Doyle will do ok in league 2.

Frazerbob
28-05-2013, 06:50 AM
When it was kicking off between Claros and Brown, Doyle was the only one to back up his team mate, pushing Brown away and getting in his face. That says a lot about the man and also his team mates.

Green forever
28-05-2013, 07:03 AM
When it was kicking off between Claros and Brown, Doyle was the only one to back up his team mate, pushing Brown away and getting in his face. That says a lot about the man and also his team mates.

Well spotted, I had forgotten about that, Brown didn't seem too keen to tangle with Doyle, a man who definitely played for the shirt. Best of luck wherever his career takes him.

weecounty hibby
28-05-2013, 10:46 AM
I liked him as a player. He has his limitations and i think he knows that, his work rate is excellent and that can make up for those limitations. Good luck to him and as someone else already said he will be made welcome at ER in the future

NORTHERNHIBBY
28-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Pat Fenlon said he was surprised that Doyle turned down the contract we offered him and was disappointed to see him go.
In that case, if the player himself didn't want to stay, it doesn't make a difference who rated or didn't rate him.

greenlex
28-05-2013, 11:11 AM

Intellegent player who works hard.
I Think I can count on one hand the amount of challenges he won in the air during his whole time at Hibs.
Liked Him and would liked him to have stayed.
We played with one up front for most of the season and this was obviously Griffiths. This affected his goal tally IMO.
If he bulked up a bit and jumped a bit early neither Chesterfield or Hibs could afford him.

Brightside
28-05-2013, 11:17 AM
Intellegent player who works hard.
I Think I can count on one hand the amount of challenges he won in the air during his whole time at Hibs.
Liked Him and would liked him to have stayed.
We played with one up front for most of the season and this was obviously Griffiths. This affected his goal tally IMO.
If he bulked up a bit and jumped a bit early neither Chesterfield or Hibs could afford him.

Poor in front of goal.
Poor in the air.
Dreadful first touch.

Pat 0-7
28-05-2013, 11:18 AM
For the equaliser in the semi final alone - good luck Eoin !!!!
:aok:

Gerard
28-05-2013, 11:22 AM
Good luck in your footballing career.

Fergus52
28-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Poor in front of goal.
Poor in the air.
Dreadful first touch.

Hows he scored 11 goals whilst being played out of position or on the bench for most of the season then :confused:?