PDA

View Full Version : Forster & Harris

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:03 PM
Both brilliant today!

Forster looked like he has been in the team all season - solid, McPake should be watching his back

Harris was our main attacking threat, always looked dangerous, just not his day today!

But its great that these 2 plus Caldwell, possibly Handling are coming through!

brianmc
26-05-2013, 10:06 PM
I'm all for being positive but I think you've let the drink take charge of your brain.

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:12 PM
I'm all for being positive but I think you've let the drink take charge of your brain.

Really?

Watched the game back, hanlon at fault for first 2 goals, mcgivern and maybury were poor but youngsters did well imho!

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 10:14 PM
I thought Harris was snuffed out the game. Celtic knew we would try and use him for our attacks and made sure he was kept quiet

weedgiehibbie
26-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Was quite impressed with Forster at centre half, kept it simple & tried nothing special, lad has a future in the game ahead of him, didnt do anything/much wrong today :agree

mmmmhibby
26-05-2013, 10:23 PM
from 10 mins in it was obvious harris should've switched, a was pining for it!!!! all our action was down the left and mcgivern was isolated at times. 2nd half he switched and inevitably harris played really well, and remember hes 18, a bairn!! Next season he will grow into a bigger stronger and better player. todays experience at hampden will prove invaluable to the kid. take a bow son cause your are gonna be a gem.

mmmmhibby
26-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Was quite impressed with Forster at centre half, kept it simple & tried nothing special, lad has a future in the game ahead of him, didnt do anything/much wrong today :agree

agreed

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:30 PM
from 10 mins in it was obvious harris should've switched, a was pining for it!!!! all our action was down the left and mcgivern was isolated at times. 2nd half he switched and inevitably harris played really well, and remember hes 18, a bairn!! Next season he will grow into a bigger stronger and better player. todays experience at hampden will prove invaluable to the kid. take a bow son cause your are gonna be a gem.

Exactly, both young kids who hardly put a foot wrong in a final against a lot more experienced side!

The future is bright!

the stig
26-05-2013, 10:47 PM
As far as I am aware, Forster is out of contract now. Does anyone know Harris' contract situation ?

neil7908
26-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Impressed by both. Harris needs more help from the midfield when going forward tho as far too much pressure and expectation on him to carry the team already. Also looks much better with mcgivern behind him as frankly, Marbury doesn't offer much going forward

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 10:50 PM
As far as I am aware, Forster is out of contract now. Does anyone know Harris' contract situation ?

Harris is contracted to us for another year.

Heisenberg
26-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Forster will be a big player for us in the future. Already looks capable at spl level at the age of 19. Harris has already shown how good he can and will be, brilliant talent.

Boyle89
26-05-2013, 10:52 PM
The best part of the game (for me) was when Harris megged that little **** Forrest then went on one of his, already almost trademark, runs up the wing.

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:53 PM

If that is the case with Forster them im gutted, best tall, solid, good in the air youngster Ive seen in ages - Get him signed!

Along with Harris, Claros, Griffiths, Thomson & and extensions for Williams and Spoony.

Heisenberg
26-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Forster signed a one year deal a few weeks back did he not? Was on the sky sports website and was confirmed on twitter by the player himself but nothing from Hibs IIRC.

the stig
26-05-2013, 10:57 PM
If that is the case with Forster them im gutted, best tall, solid, good in the air youngster Ive seen in ages - Get him signed!

Along with Harris, Claros, Griffiths, Thomson & and extensions for Williams and Spoony.

Signed one year contract last may according to this:
http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/news/20120504/quintet-agree-new-deals_2262950_2760433
Haven't seen anything about an extension so I'm presuming that's what his current contract situation is. I agree with you say as well, love how he has just entered the team with ease.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM
Forster signed a one year deal a few weeks back did he not? Was on the sky sports website and was confirmed on twitter by the player himself but nothing from Hibs IIRC.

I've been doing a search over the last few minutes about this but only article I can see is from a Sky Sports article that says he is set to sign a new deal but nothing at all to say that he actually did sign it.

Not sure about Twitter though so perhaps he did confirm it on there.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Anyone else see Harris in tears at the end, was almost inconsolable.

Thomson was great with him and really tried to comfort him.

the stig
26-05-2013, 11:10 PM
I've been doing a search over the last few minutes about this but only article I can see is from a Sky Sports article that says he is set to sign a new deal but nothing at all to say that he actually did sign it.

Not sure about Twitter though so perhaps he did confirm it on there.

Trying to go through his twitter page to find anything but he has so many tweets/retweets that it keeps crashing my browser.

oconnors_strip
27-05-2013, 10:18 AM

forster has signed a new one year deal, but typical hibs they dont want to announce positive stories. this was a good few weeks ago now, jordan tweeted it and was on a few websites to

neilmartinrocks
27-05-2013, 10:23 AM
forster has signed a new one year deal, but typical hibs they dont want to announce positive stories. this was a good few weeks ago now, jordan tweeted it and was on a few websites to

This must be one of the most annoying aspects of being a hibs supporter. All this " no news is good news " attitude.

Jones28
27-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Sign both these boys up on long deals, big futures in the green and white

clerriehibs
27-05-2013, 10:29 AM
forster has signed a new one year deal, but typical hibs they dont want to announce positive stories. this was a good
few weeks ago now, jordan tweeted it and was on a few websites to

Maybe a deal of one year isn't all that positive? The boys must show up well in training, and in the u-20s, and in recent weeks have done extremely well. Why only one year? It doesn't augur well for player retention, or even help towards ensuring a damned fair amount is paid if and when they do move on.

In saying that, when it comes to contracts and selling-on well, petrie knows more than most.

neilmartinrocks
27-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Sign both these boys up on long deals, big futures in the green and white

And tell US about it!!

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 11:00 AM
I thought Harris was snuffed out the game. Celtic knew we would try and use him for our attacks and made sure he was kept quiet

Agree. They doubled up on him and he never really got going.

PeterboroHibee
27-05-2013, 11:28 AM
I was impressed with both. Harris was isolated for large parts of the game, and part of the problem was we kept booting long balls at him. It was clear to everyone when he got the ball to feet and was able to take on the opposition he was beating his man nearly every time. Celtics only means of stopping him were surrounding him with players when he got close to their box (I imagine we will see alot of that next season).

As for Forster, he was our best defender yesterday. Cant really remember any mistakes he made, cleared his lines well and was fairly calm under pressure. Quite impressive for a 19 year old against Celtic.

These two need signed up to sensible deals (longer than a rolling 1 year deal), if we lose them for nothing at this stage thats a right balls up by Hibs.

NorthNorfolkHFC
27-05-2013, 11:36 AM
Really?

Watched the game back, hanlon at fault for first 2 goals, mcgivern and maybury were poor but youngsters did well imho!

Don't think Hanlon was at fault. Thought back post was McGivern. I thought McGivern was pretty woeful yesterday and showed no desire to get up and down the left flank. Celtic had a great time down that channel.

The young lad Forster did nowt wrong all game and made one exceptional challenge preventing a chance of a goal. McPake's position will be under threat. Problem is character, McPake is a leader and Hanlon, despite being a good CH is a bit of a softy. No idea about Forster but he certainly looked capable.

scoopyboy
27-05-2013, 11:37 AM
Maybe a deal of one year isn't all that positive? The boys must show up well in training, and in the u-20s, and in recent weeks have done extremely well. Why only one year? It doesn't augur well for player retention, or even help towards ensuring a damned fair amount is paid if and when they do move on.

In saying that, when it comes to contracts and selling-on well, petrie knows more than most.

Not defending it but he got a one year deal before he made his debut at Tynecastle.

I'm sure if Hibs knew then how good he would fare in the 4 games he played in it would have been 2 or 3.