PDA

View Full Version : We Stood Together Today.

Thecat23
26-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But I can honestly say, In all my time watching Hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow Hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may Hampden sunshine soon enough. GGTTH!!!!

mmmmhibby
26-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But I can honestly say, In all my time watching Hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow Hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may Hampden sunshine soon enough. GGTTH!!!!

this

HiBremian
26-05-2013, 10:10 PM

Despite the result, it made the long journey soooooo worthwhile. Bring on the next one!

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 10:10 PM
leading up to this game the atmosphere was a lot different than last year. It's was more happy/relaxed prob as it wasn't a derby. But i can honestly say, in all my time watching hibs, at 2-0 down we were still louder than them. Again we tripped at the last hurdle but its coming! I looked around the ground before, during, and after the third went in. No scarfs were getting thrown just everyone standing as one. I had 20,000 brothers and sisters! It felt like a huge family. One day this family is going to have the mother of all parties.

To all fellow hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may hampden sunshine soon enough. Ggtth!!!!

bang on!!!

SaulGoodman
26-05-2013, 10:16 PM
Only time scarves were getting thrown was at the end when the players were walking round! And it was for the right reason :wink:

Top class!

Hibby70
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Since "that day" there's been a definite increase in togetherness all round. Lets take today's experience and try to get Easter Road more like today.

With the odd exception every fan did his or her bit today.

Judas Iscariot
26-05-2013, 10:19 PM
Great post mate :top marks

Was an act of unity & defiance for those who stayed behind, totally made my day!

Never been so proud to be a Hibee :hibees

We are Hibernian FC, it'll take more than that to break us :agree:

Thecat23
26-05-2013, 10:20 PM
Since "that day" there's been a definite increase in togetherness all round. Lets take today's experience and try to get Easter Road more like today.

With the odd exception every fan did his or her bit today.

If we could get ER just half as loud as today the place would be unreal. We showed what we can be when we're all together.

Thecat23
26-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Great post mate :top marks

Was an act of unity & defiance for those who stayed behind, totally made my day!

Never been so proud to be a Hibee :hibees

We are Hibernian FC, it'll take more than that to break us :agree:

Cheers mate, just saying how it was. As much as we stood gutted, we also stood proud. Better team won but it would be hard to tell looking at the fans. It really was a pleasure to stand alongside so many Hibby's and sing our hearts out like that.

adhibs
26-05-2013, 10:25 PM
support was special today, not even too disapointed due to that. looking forward to europe

Judas Iscariot
26-05-2013, 10:31 PM
Cheers mate, just saying how it was. As much as we stood gutted, we also stood proud. Better team won but it would be hard to tell looking at the fans. It really was a pleasure to stand alongside so many Hibby's and sing our hearts out like that.

Was going to post something similar myself but you summed it up perfectly!!

Those ****my ****s in Gorgay think they killed us last year, they NEED to think that, that's all they have..

Last year made us stronger, as a club, as a team & as a group of fans!

I'd take 1000 5-1 beatings from them and still be proud & love being a Hibee, safe in the knowledge I wasn't one of those manky ****s :agree:

JollyGreenGiant
26-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Great post, exactly what I was saying today, you cannae beat being part of the Hibee family.......

and I genuinely think we are getting stronger under Pat!

matty_f
26-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Hibs as a collective were fantastic today. Ok, we never won and we could have been better on the park, but together we were everything we weren't last year.

We have our club back.

coco22
26-05-2013, 10:48 PM
:top marks
Hibs as a collective were fantastic today. Ok, we never won and we could have been better on the park, but together we were everything we weren't last year.

We have our club back.

BOB MARLEYS DUG
26-05-2013, 10:49 PM

Great post mate, the fans were immense the day which made the day all tgat better. GGTTH

lucky
26-05-2013, 10:50 PM
It was men against boys and the Hibs men performed well off the pitch

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 10:51 PM
So so proud today.

That was what Hibs are all about.

Was quitr literally in tears when we all started singing with 10 mins to go, not because we were losing but because I was do proud of what I was a part off.

7 Hills
26-05-2013, 11:06 PM

:top marks You've NAILED it! :thumbsup: I've been getting texts from Sellik acquaintances and relatives all day - none of whom were within 30 miles of Hampden Park today! I just asked them; "When's your open top bus parade? Oh, that's right! Yer no' allowed!" Coz we'll have one when we win it! :flag:

hfc rd
26-05-2013, 11:20 PM
Absolutely magnificent. This is what makes this football club, so unique. It's like what Sir Tom Farmer once said, "Without you fans, there is no such thing as Hibernian Football Club". Our atmosphere, showed everyone the potential we have. Imagine ER like this? We would be unstoppable. Everyone felt together. We did our football club very proud. The players, coaches, board members etc know that.

DaveF
26-05-2013, 11:26 PM
Quality OP :agree:

We are Hibernian FC.

It was great to a wee bit of it.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 12:44 AM

To all fellow Hibby's thank you for a great day out. I'll be seeing you all again in the may Hampden sunshine soon enough. GGTTH!!!!Top post my feline friend. The ****s reckoned that they finished us as a club and support last year. If anything I reckon it galvanised us. So proud of our support today.

cocopops1875
27-05-2013, 04:42 AM
Great post, of course last year was different being a Derby but we had a squad full of disinterested loan players, This season we have a team full of players who care and some of the best young talent in Scottish football coming through, Anyone who believes we have not moved forward as a club this season is frankly mental and I think our attitude as fans proved this today.

We are going places, Pat (though it doesn't always look like it) Kens what he's doing and maybe just maybe if the stay away fans that were there today "Felt the Love" we could add a couple of thousand to our home gates and get ER bouncing.

Proud of us the fans today we did our bit, and the players gave us everything that's what the Hibernian Family is all about

27-05-2013, 05:47 AM
The hibs fans were absolutely different class yesterday, outstanding!

Certainly proves once and for all that the jambos "we killed them" myth is complete bull ****.

WE ARE HIBERNIAN FC :flag:

IWasThere2016
27-05-2013, 07:09 AM
So so proud today.

That was what Hibs are all about.

Was quitr literally in tears when we all started singing with 10 mins to go, not because we were losing but because I was do proud of what I was a part off.

Same. Said on my FB pre-k.o. that we had to

Turn Up
Stand Up
Stand Tall

And we did :thumbsup:

My wee man gets it now. What has been 'Hibs' is now 'us' and 'we' :thumbsup:

Glory Glory all - and well done yesterday!

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 07:12 AM
We are one
As simple and as plainly as that
GGTTH

TAHibby
27-05-2013, 07:26 AM
It really feels like we are going to push on from this, next season can't come soon enough. Europa group stage perhaps :thumbsup:

WestEndHibee
27-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Great stuff from the OP. Exactly how it was. It's especially important for the young lads playing out there. They will really get a boost from seeing that. As fans this season really has progressed hugely for me. I love being a hibee!

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Two things yesterday.

I was with my partners dad who is a Crewe fan and he was astonished by the Hibs support at the end. Me and my mates had to walk through the celtic fans after the game and we were stopped by a few on the way past who gave us such compliments as " your fans were different class wee man" etc.

A fantastic effort by the men women and children who are my fellow Hibbies and I for one was proud to be a part of it.

GGTTH

:hibees

Baker9
27-05-2013, 10:02 AM

Would love to have expressed it that way myself. Spot on and what a huge feeling of pride. That behavior defined Hibs class for me. The players were gobsmacked at the end.

PatHead
27-05-2013, 10:16 AM
I had the misfortune of being in the Celtic end yesterday. Don't want to go in to the reasons. What I will say though was the pre match display from the Hibs supporters was fantastic. Well done S43 and all those who organised it. The Hibs support consistently made more noise than the Celtic support. Well done to you all, wish I had been there but it was great to watch.

WestEndHibee
27-05-2013, 10:36 AM
I had the misfortune of being in the Celtic end yesterday. Don't want to go in to the reasons. What I will say though was the pre match display from the Hibs supporters was fantastic. Well done S43 and all those who organised it. The Hibs support consistently made more noise than the Celtic support. Well done to you all, wish I had been there but it was great to watch.

Very wise.

Can't have been nice for you in with that lot mate.

Green Man
27-05-2013, 10:40 AM
Just watched some of yesterday's coverage. Towards the end when we broke into song I got proper emotional again, the support was incredible.

Danielyma6
27-05-2013, 10:45 AM
i only ever heard the unwashed sing once . im sure its been said but i love the fact that we were all singing our hearts out when the game was nearly over:scarf:

McHibby
27-05-2013, 10:46 AM
It was amazing! I didn't imagine I could ever leave Hampden absolutely bouncing after a 3-0 defeat. The fans were out of this world. One of the stewards even jokingly said to me, 'you do realise you haven't won, right?!!'

Brilliant.

PatHead
27-05-2013, 10:54 AM
Very wise.

Can't have been nice for you in with that lot mate.

Don't know how I got past the soap detectors at the turnstyle

Seveno
27-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I thought that the support yesterday was similar to the Borussia Dortmund fans. There to get right behind the team, no matter what, and have a great time.

The population of Edinburgh is only about 100,000 less than Dortmund. When we become the only team in Edinburgh, we can fill ER with that sort of support and get a team to match.

Penrith Hibee
27-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Spot on post. Proud of the players and fans yesterday, yes even those that made the odd mistake...tried like bears for 93 minutes but beaten by better team on the day. However, our fans were miles better on the day!

LancashireHibby
27-05-2013, 01:40 PM
You know it was something special when the "songs of defiance from the Hibs fans" got a mention in the papers down here.

bighairyfaeleith
27-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Still feel quite emotional about what happened yesterday, I really feel hibs are growing as a club and I reckon we could really build something special if we stick together and keep getting behind the team. It's driving hearts fans nuts as well which is always a bonus.