PDA

View Full Version : Allez Allez Allez au...

Liam89
26-05-2013, 08:12 PM
Can we start training hibs fans in how to sing this?

A third of the support try to sing it how it actually is supposed to be.

A third of the support sing it 5x the normal speed

A third of the support sing 1 too many Allezs or an extra verse!

Other than that the game was enjoyable, great day out and superb fans. :-)

Hibernian Verse
26-05-2013, 08:14 PM
It's a new song. Clearly only über fans can grasp it properly.

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 08:15 PM
I know i cringed when we were singing it today, as it all sounds arsey people just make it up.

We need to drop the "Ally's" and get in more "Allez's"!

Petrie get it sorted :grr:

neilmartinrocks
26-05-2013, 08:19 PM
so its more ALLAY than ALLY then?

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 08:21 PM
It's time we went back in time and handed out song sheets!

Brizo
26-05-2013, 08:40 PM

Im pleased that "other than that" you had a great day out. Training sessions for the two thirds of Hibs fans who sing that song incorrectly is a great idea. Im rubbish at singing and would really appreciate any help. You sound like a guy who knows his crotchets from his quavers. Maybe you could organise a close season "allez allez" boot camp :thumbsup:

At The Edge
26-05-2013, 08:46 PM
The 'Au' bit causing me some concern as well, is it sung in an English style 'ohh' or should we be putting a French tilt on it as its spelling suggests?:wink:

kaimendhibs
26-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Ffs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Liam89
26-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Im pleased that "other than that" you had a great day out. Training sessions for the two thirds of Hibs fans who sing that song incorrectly is a great idea. Im rubbish at singing and would really appreciate any help. You sound like a guy who knows his crotchets from his quavers. Maybe you could organise a close season "allez allez" boot camp :thumbsup:

I could definitely set something like that up and lead the choir. Pm me.

Liam89
26-05-2013, 08:57 PM
The 'Au' bit causing me some concern as well, is it sung in an English style 'ohh' or should we be putting a French tilt on it as its spelling suggests?:wink:

Sing it like you'd been born and raised in the slums of Paris

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 08:59 PM
Iv noticed ER have started playing a recording of it after matches. If they could record an "official" version then people could listen and repeat!!

Petrie sort it out :grr:

SaulGoodman
26-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Or we could just let people sing it how they want, as long as they're singing and enjoying themselves no?

Brizo
26-05-2013, 09:20 PM
I could definitely set something like that up and lead the choir. Pm me.

Thats very kind. But really i think you need to think big here. By your calculations approximately 12000 Hibbies need this training. Even Gareth Malone would be struggling to lead a choir that size. And where would it take place. Would the club allow us to use the stadium ? Im dead keen but im a bit worried your biting off more than you can chew? If you can sort out the logistics and get back in touch rest assured ill be there :aok:

Liam89
26-05-2013, 09:22 PM
Or we could just let people sing it how they want, as long as they're singing and enjoying themselves no?

Or we could have 20,000 hibees singing along and bouncing in perfect rhythm instead of a drunken, slurred shambles

FitbaFolkKen
26-05-2013, 09:30 PM
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201040193303982&l=3750331502997723863

Sounds alright to me :)

SaulGoodman
26-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Or we could have 20,000 hibees singing along and bouncing in perfect rhythm instead of a drunken, slurred shambles

Football Crowd// Choir

Take your pick you can't have both, from what I heard it was loud, I enjoyed singing along, we got plaudits for the way we supported the team even up until the trophy ceremony. Nobody else called it a 'drunken slur'

But it's good to know there's voice critics I'm the crowd to tell us where we go wrong :aok:

GavinHarris 10
26-05-2013, 09:39 PM
Watch out for the song police

Liam89
26-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Football Crowd// Choir

Take your pick you can't have both, from what I heard it was loud, I enjoyed singing along, we got plaudits for the way we supported the team even up until the trophy ceremony. Nobody else called it a 'drunken slur'

But it's good to know there's voice critics I'm the crowd to tell us where we go wrong :aok:

It's all tongue in cheek pal, I love the song and the fans and hibs and you.

Kyle A
26-05-2013, 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8Ux5Ij-2Ec

Chibs
26-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Is this x factor I have stumbled on.
Are you Tom Jones perchance.

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Is this x factor I have stumbled on.
Are you Tom Jones perchance.

Tom Jones is on the voice!! Jeezo man get with it

lucky
26-05-2013, 09:49 PM

What a lot of bull.

NOLA
26-05-2013, 10:25 PM

im from the south of France, anything to do with the slums of paris makes me think of yams :lolyam: NTM

NOLA
26-05-2013, 10:27 PM
NTM hate paris. ALLEZ LOM :greengrin

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:37 PM

What a load of nonsense. The 20,000 fans were widespread - sound takes time to travel so it's gonna happen that they'll be out of step.

I may have fallen for a mega fishing expedition here but FFS sing yer bloody songs and gie the rest o' us peace

Liam89
26-05-2013, 10:49 PM
What a load of nonsense. The 20,000 fans were widespread - sound takes time to travel so it's gonna happen that they'll be out of step.

I may have fallen for a mega fishing expedition here but FFS sing yer bloody songs and gie the rest o' us peace

So I'll cross you off the list for 1 on 1 song tutoring?

JHFC
26-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Its not that people dont know the words its because when it is started it is obviously too low for the fans at the other end of the ground to hear so when they do finally hear it the first line has already been done but they continue to sing 'allez allez allez au' twice which confuses everyone. Its hard to know which part everyone is on. The original version is coordinted this is why the original version looks 10x better! Still love it when we sing it though

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:52 PM
So I'll cross you off the list for 1 on 1 song tutoring?

Please

Have you an agent or do you handle yourself?

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 10:54 PM
Please

Have you an agent or do you handle yourself?

:hilarious

DaveF
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM

My lad was signing and clapping along completely out of tune but having a great time.

BS44
26-05-2013, 10:59 PM

While you are at it mate, I can never get the hand clapping bit right on the Hibs song, please help. Ally ally ally ho, ally ally ally ho....

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 11:01 PM
My lad was signing and clapping along completely out of tune but having a great time.

And for all you Motown fans out there ..... I second that emotion.

S43 shouldn't start trying to dictate to us or the goodwill they've built up will evaporate, as will the financial donations.

With luck this punter isn't part of S43 and just a fan with a poor understanding of how long it takes for sound to travel :greengrin

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 11:08 PM

Lol.

Fanny.

NaeTechnoHibby
26-05-2013, 11:17 PM
This thread is hoot :hibees

BTW my wee section A1 0001-0008 sang it perfectly as far as I could hear :pfgwa

The neighbouring section A sounded guid tae :pfgwa

Maybe you need you ears tested :agree:

Well done to all that sang all the songs :hibees

Please sign me up for the choral practice when you get it organised :thumbsup:

lEXO
27-05-2013, 02:46 AM

The fact that most of our support were singing it should be enough dude. Hopefully you aren't a section 43 guy. I have met a good few of them at several away games this season and preaching isn't their way. A good bunch of guys who have brought a new song that has caught on with most fans, they should be proud it is caught on, regardless of how it,s sung

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 04:39 AM

Lol!

Waxy
27-05-2013, 05:42 AM
Woke up through the night for no reason with this song goung through my head.

Pretty Boy
27-05-2013, 08:14 AM
Woke up through the night for no reason with this song goung through my head.

Was it going through your head at the right speed though?

If not you'll have to report for choir practice at 10am.

Newry Hibs
27-05-2013, 09:16 AM
I think there is a remembering of the song based on childhood memories ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKOHzsbG1vs

3pm
27-05-2013, 09:21 AM
I am pretty pish at singing it but I gave it a go.

linlithgowhibbie
27-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Why the animosity towards S43?

Glad your lad enjoyed the day hope there are loads more for him

DaveF
27-05-2013, 09:44 AM
Why the animosity towards S43?

Glad your lad enjoyed the day hope there are loads more for him

You're right, my tone of post was a bit strong, but in my defence I was a wee bit tipsy :greengrin (duly edited)

I have no grudge against S43 whatsoever. I just thought the post was a bit naff.

Liam89
27-05-2013, 09:47 AM
Some real hatred in this thread to a tongue in cheek post. Cheer up hibees we were great yesterday.

Waxy
27-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Woke up through the night for no reason with this song goung through my head.It was my own way. If thet want us to do it in unison they need to get a conductor with a loudspeaker. They do this abroad. If they dont we'll all continue to do it the scottish way. All over the place.

clerriehibs
27-05-2013, 11:28 AM

It doesn't work at hampden. With two allezs, as it's picking up, no-one knows whether it's at the 1st or 2nd one.

Seveno
27-05-2013, 12:49 PM
I have the solution. We ask Craig and Charlie to record it and then we can all be drowned out by those booming Hampden speakers.

Sorted.

Glory Lurker
27-05-2013, 12:59 PM
I think we are being too lighthearted about a serious problem we have with this song. Do you really think any small chance we have of Franck coming back for a visit is helped by our slovenly approach to his language? If we don't extend the second "Allez", we might as well flash the fingers at Sauzee - that's how critical this is. Don't say you weren't warned.

Liam89
27-05-2013, 01:30 PM
Lol.

Fanny.

Grow up.

Waxy
27-05-2013, 02:01 PM
Lol.

Fanny.Too much irn bru?

frazeHFC
27-05-2013, 02:11 PM
Totally agree, take no notice of the responses.

macd123
27-05-2013, 02:38 PM
Maybe their voices are hoarse from smoking in the toilets :greengrin

Pete
27-05-2013, 02:46 PM
It doesn't work at hampden. With two allezs, as it's picking up, no-one knows whether it's at the 1st or 2nd one.

I think we should try and get it right at home or away matches. It can sound a lot better if everyone slows down.

You are right about Hampden though. It's all to do with the spread of the crowd and the time it takes for sound to travel. Let's just be happy that everyone is joining in on such occasions and lets not worry too much about how it sounds.

steakbake
27-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Glad everyone had a good time. I don't think the team disgraced themselves. The support was by and large, excellent and kept going all game.

This thread though, has got me thinking about something Roy Keane said at the Euros about the Irish fans: they need to stop being pleased just to be there and start going to tournaments demanding to win games.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 03:01 PM
Great thread you tunelessly uncoordinated bunch of toilet fag-smoking, uber-fan, Scott Brown loving/hating, display missing, unjustifiably proud, righteously Hibernian, Fenlon in - Fenlon out motha4orkers.

But really, some very funny posts on this thread. I have always considered Hibs Class to mean - among others things - a cut above the rest in terms of wit.

Liam89
27-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Glad everyone had a good time. I don't think the team disgraced themselves. The support was by and large, excellent and kept going all game.

This thread though, has got me thinking about something Roy Keane said at the Euros about the Irish fans: they need to stop being pleased just to be there and start going to tournaments demanding to win games.

I was thinking about this earlier, although I agree that we did do well to get there we shouldn't praise the team too much or let them off the hook with a 3-0 defeat in which we barely troubled Celtic. We have to keep the right balance of letting the team and club know its not acceptable to lose at times.

Onion
27-05-2013, 03:09 PM

After one highly unusual event at Hamdump Hibs fans can hardly be accused of that, but I know what you mean. The more times Hibs get to the SCF and produce performances like 2012 and 2013 (with the ridiculous refs and injuries) the greater the risk of Hibs Fans simply writing off our chances and making a joke of the whole occasion. Some might say the team and club is already doing that :cb

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 03:20 PM
After one highly unusual event at Hamdump Hibs fans can hardly be accused of that, but I know what you mean. The more times Hibs get to the SCF and produce performances like 2012 and 2013 (with the ridiculous refs and injuries) the greater the risk of Hibs Fans simply writing off our chances and making a joke of the whole occasion. Some might say the team and club is already doing that :cb

Sorry, but there is just no chance of that. I don't know a single person who was or who would right off our chances beforehand against anyone.

steakbake
27-05-2013, 03:28 PM
Sorry, but there is just no chance of that. I don't know a single person who was or who would right off our chances beforehand against anyone.

No I agree - I don't think there's a chance of that. Although the team turned up yesterday - or at least, were more there than they were last year - I think the real analysis shouldn't be whether we sang well enough or not or whether the fans backed the team but what HFC are going to do to get this monkey off our back and start turning out a team that will regularly challenge at the top end of Scottish football instead of the occasional good season.

Back to back cup finals - good, in itself.
Back to back runners up - once v Hearts, once v Celtic - both teams are beatable yet we don't do that with nearly enough consistency.
7th in the league - better than last year - but we were top of the bottom.
Into Europe - really looking forward to some European action at ER. I hope we plan to hit it for more than one round. It would be disappointing if we're out after only one tie and the reaction for the fans is "at least we were there"!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a doom and gloomer, but I think that what would convince me about Hibs is if there were clearly high but achievable objectives set that we work towards. Every season it just feels like we're going into it to see what we get - it does seem to be a bit aimless.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 04:02 PM
No I agree - I don't think there's a chance of that. Although the team turned up yesterday - or at least, were more there than they were last year - I think the real analysis shouldn't be whether we sang well enough or not or whether the fans backed the team but what HFC are going to do to get this monkey off our back and start turning out a team that will regularly challenge at the top end of Scottish football instead of the occasional good season.

Back to back cup finals - good, in itself.
Back to back runners up - once v Hearts, once v Celtic - both teams are beatable yet we don't do that with nearly enough consistency.
7th in the league - better than last year - but we were top of the bottom.
Into Europe - really looking forward to some European action at ER. I hope we plan to hit it for more than one round. It would be disappointing if we're out after only one tie and the reaction for the fans is "at least we were there"!

Don't get me wrong - I'm not a doom and gloomer, but I think that what would convince me about Hibs is if there were clearly high but achievable objectives set that we work towards. Every season it just feels like we're going into it to see what we get - it does seem to be a bit aimless.

Totally agree SB. My one proviso is that I genuinely think Fenlon is working to a long term plan to rebuild the squad. I would say that the end of next season should be when we start to see the results. I have felt from when he started that the game plan, realistically, should be:

This season - avoid relegation
Next season - top six, with the return of some decent football
Third season - Europe, possibly a cup.

I actually think he's ahead of schedule.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 04:23 PM
Never been a fan of it but quite enjoyed it yesterday so maybe Im starting to come round to it. Im Scottish though and have a strong scottish acsent. Anyone moaning because I cant sing in french can bite me.

HibeeMG
27-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Never been a fan of it but quite enjoyed it yesterday so maybe Im starting to come round to it. Im Scottish though and have a strong scottish acsent. Anyone moaning because I cant sing in french can bite me.

Mon dieu!

:big grin:

markom127
27-05-2013, 06:28 PM
TBH its not very difficult. Its not ally its more Ah Lay Ah Lay ally ohh

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Some real hatred in this thread to a tongue in cheek post. Cheer up hibees we were great yesterday.

Nice swerve. Pulled up for your original post and suddenly it's tongue in cheek :aok:

C'mon Fraze, ignoring the rest of the support is not the way to go mate :agree:

Anyway, Allez, Allez, Allez Allo

SaulGoodman
27-05-2013, 08:08 PM
Nice swerve. Pulled up for your original post and suddenly it's tongue in cheek :aok:

Anyway, Allez, Allez, Allez Allo
Don't you mean..

Allyallyally hoooooooooooo

:wink:

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 08:13 PM

Don't you mean..

Allyallyally hoooooooooooo

:wink:

According to the EEN/Scotsman site it's only two Allez's - I'm writing to Salmond to suggest a public inquiry to settle the issue once and for all

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 08:23 PM
I think we have more problems with the clap clap clap Hibs clap clap clap Hibs. I'm not sure how many times I should clap. Does anybody know? Personally I don't like it but that's just my opinion.

Glory Lurker
27-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I think we have more problems with the clap clap clap Hibs clap clap clap Hibs. I'm not sure how many times I should clap. Does anybody know? Personally I don't like it but that's just my opinion.

Do you mean - clap clap clap clap clap clap - HIBS? Not surprised you're struggling if you're missing every second clap:greengrin

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 08:41 PM
Do you mean - clap clap clap clap clap clap - HIBS? Not surprised you're struggling if you're missing every second clap:greengrin

You're obviously used to the clap. I'm not. :greengrin

Liam89
27-05-2013, 10:27 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3624092]Nice swerve. Pulled up for your original post and suddenly it's tongue in cheek :aok:

Good one, I think it's quite clear by my post and all my replies its tongue in cheek. Sorry that I'm on my phone and can't use the standard 5 smileys to ensure everyone takes it in a jokey way.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3624092]Nice swerve. Pulled up for your original post and suddenly it's tongue in cheek :aok:

Good one, I think it's quite clear by my post and all my replies its tongue in cheek. Sorry that I'm on my phone and can't use the standard 5 smileys to ensure everyone takes it in a jokey way.

Don't worry about it Liam I made all my replies tongue in cheek anyway :wink:

Keep up the good work in giving folk an excuse to batter S43 - I'm sure the guys will appreciate it :aok:

Liam89
27-05-2013, 10:36 PM
[QUOTE=Liam89;3624502]

Don't worry about it Liam I made all my replies tongue in cheek anyway :wink:

Keep up the good work in giving folk an excuse to batter S43 - I'm sure the guys will appreciate it :aok:

Just to clear it up I'm not a part of S43, all my posts are views of my own. 'Excuse to batter S43' aye right enough they're getting fair battered in this thread, I'm sure they'll all be devastated.

Scònaldò
28-05-2013, 05:03 PM
Does it really matter how its sung. Just sing what you ufkcing want :greengrin

Macaroon
28-05-2013, 05:07 PM
It really really annoys me - far more than it should - when people put the emphasis on the A and make it sound like ally. The allez's have emphasis on the 'ay' so that the second half of the word is longer. Apart from the third one actually, which I now realise is "ally." People singing three ally's need hooked asap like :cb

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=Jonnyboy;3624508]

Just to clear it up I'm not a part of S43, all my posts are views of my own. 'Excuse to batter S43' aye right enough they're getting fair battered in this thread, I'm sure they'll all be devastated.

I can hear the greetin' fi' here :wink:

Stanton1972
28-05-2013, 07:12 PM
Can one person not just orchestrate all the singing with one of those loud speakers, how good would that be :rockin:

Time for a wee competition me thinks :greengrin

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Can one person not just orchestrate all the singing with one of those loud speakers, how good would that be :rockin:

Time for a wee competition me thinks :greengrin

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

jabis
28-05-2013, 07:45 PM

I'm really chuffed I understood that :thumbsup:

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 07:47 PM
I'm really chuffed I understood that :thumbsup:

I'm chuffed that you're chuffed :greengrin Not enough chuffedness on the board these days :wink:

jabis
28-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Oh God ! they've changed his medication....and it's working :greengrin

jabis
28-05-2013, 07:54 PM
I'm chuffed that you're chuffed :greengrin Not enough chuffedness on the board these days :wink:

Did you see the Chuff on BBC 1 "Hebridies" last night,great birds,but I'm not sure about their propensity for dipping their beeks in cowkeech :agree:

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 08:00 PM
We now have Uber-choristers.

I think this may be my favorite ever thread.

Ever.

Jonnyboy
28-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Did you see the Chuff on BBC 1 "Hebridies" last night,great birds,but I'm not sure about their propensity for dipping their beeks in cowkeech :agree:

No sure I like the kinda birds you seem too :faf:

jabis
28-05-2013, 08:41 PM
No sure I like the kinda birds you seem too :faf:

I'm no chuffed you're chuffed about me being no chuffed about chuffs sticking their beaks in Mcdonaldpatties :aok:

:greengrin

Dinkydoo
28-05-2013, 08:57 PM
The problem for me on Sunday was I sounded like a right prat singing Allez when everyone around me in the north was saying "ally, ally, ally".

I actually changed the way I was singing it just to help us sound more coordinated :duck:

I'm a weak man and succumb to peer pressure easily. :greengrin

One Day Soon
28-05-2013, 09:08 PM
The problem for me on Sunday was I sounded like a right prat singing Allez when everyone around me in the north was saying "ally, ally, ally".

I actually changed the way I was singing it just to help us sound more coordinated :duck:

I'm a weak man and succumb to peer pressure easily. :greengrin

You mean Pierre pressure surely?

I'll get me coat...

Dinkydoo
28-05-2013, 09:13 PM
You mean Pierre pressure surely?

I'll get me coat...

Héhéhé :greengrin

Liam89
28-05-2013, 09:52 PM
A full east stand singing Allez Allez Allez au in unison would be a sight to behold!