PDA

View Full Version : Not nearly as heartbroken as a year ago

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Probably because the thought of our winning the cup never seriously crossed my mind this year. Last year meant everything, whereas this year was always something of a long shot. "We're Hibs, we always make a mess of the cup", was my thinking since the miraculous comeback of the semi-final. None of this 'name on the trophy' pish for me. Anyway, two cup finals in a row and we'll do it one day - hopefully in our lifetime. To the thousands of Hibess stood up and singing during injury time - you're a credit to our great club. We're moving forward and will improve further. Enjoy the bank holiday!:flag:

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Last year the overwhelming feeling was one of embarrassment and shame.

This year I'm just gutted.

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Last year the overwhelming feeling was one of embarrassment and shame.

This year I'm just gutted.

I'm not even gutted, mate, probably because I didn't expect anything else. In football parlance "disappointed", aye, but we're moving in the right direction. Chin up, FH.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I'm not even gutted, mate, probably because I didn't expect anything else. In football parlance "disappointed", aye, but we're moving in the right direction. Chin up, FH.

I know we were expected to lose today but it's the fact that we came so close once again and put so much into the comeback against Falkirk in the semi final, to come up short again is pretty hard to stomach right now.

.Sean.
26-05-2013, 07:46 PM
I feel worse than last year. Absolutely gutted.

Baldy Foghorn
26-05-2013, 07:50 PM
I'm gutted, apart from opening 7 minutes, I felt the players were a massive let down....

Stuarty27
26-05-2013, 07:53 PM
Last year I was too angry for it too hurt but today I was genuinely gutted at around the 80 minute mark I had tears in my eyes. The last 5minute support brought a massive lump in my throat.

Tbh that was the best hibs support I've ever seen. Forget the 30 thousand at CIS cup final or other finals.

Once the Fanny's and glory hunters had left, all thar was left was the true supporters, it was a pleasure to be there.

danhibees1875
26-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Thought we had a better chance this year if I'm honest. However we didn't completely shy away this year and I really feel we can have our heads up high, partially through the on field play but certainly by the supporters performance.

Last year I went back to Fife and went straight to bed. This year I've made the effort to get back to my flat in Edinburgh and off out. I dare say allez allez allez au will be blaring out loud and proud at some point around 3 around cav. :wink:

coco22
26-05-2013, 07:56 PM
I'm gutted, apart from opening 7 minutes, I felt the players were a massive let down....

Disagree. Never happy to be beaten by any team but to label the players a massive let down is harsh. Individual mistakes / lack of concentration contributed but think that the team, collectively, should not be knocked

Hibernia&Alba
26-05-2013, 07:57 PM

They did their best, mate, and never stopped trying. I thought they were miles better than a year ago, showing the hunger, only lacking the quality. Beaten by a better team today, so I'm not angry as I was at the capitulation a year ago.

Baader
26-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Last year was anger. Pretty gutted today. Although we were beaten by a far better team who were best over 90 mins I just wish for once we could get a bloody break in the SC.

zlatan
26-05-2013, 08:00 PM
Disagree. Never happy to be beaten by any team but to label the players a massive let down is harsh. Individual mistakes / lack of concentration contributed but think that the team, collectively, should not be knocked

Yup, goals aside did Williams make a single save?

Doyle puts that header away at the start and it's a different game altogether, thought we put in a performance we could be proud of which is why so many stayed until the bitter end. Granted we were very toothless in the second half but that was a very good Celtic performance that seen the game out very professionally.

Baldy Foghorn
26-05-2013, 08:08 PM

For us to not force Forster into a save after opening 10 mins, speaks volumes for me.....We huffed and puffed, but never got the ball forward quickly enough for me, seemed to be a real lack of hunger and desire after falling behind......

jockodile
26-05-2013, 08:17 PM
We done alright for a lot of the match without looking like scoring, at 2-0 with 30mins to go i thought we still had a wee sniff. Ultimately class told, they were just much better players. At least we have europe!

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2013, 08:17 PM
If we don't take the chance on a plate and we don't follow the basics of defending, that won't win a league game against Celtc never mind a cup final. Still, it is one game nearer the one we will win.

sbell1875
26-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I didn't cry this year...surely that's progress?

Curly1875
26-05-2013, 08:44 PM
I didn't cry this year...surely that's progress?
And we only lost by 3 this time, 2 more years and we might make it to penalties :greengrin

Gerard
26-05-2013, 08:45 PM
It was no surprise that Celtic won today. They are a better team than us, have won the SPL, got to a League Cup final and were in the CL group stages. Our players gave it 100% and that is all you can ever ask of your team.
One day we will get to another final and we will win it. I want to be there:wink:

Bristolhibby
26-05-2013, 08:47 PM
Good song in the Harp & Castle this evening -

"When the Hibs go up to lift the Scottish Cup, we'll be dead, we'll be dead"!

Real gallows humour.

J

LancashireHibby
26-05-2013, 08:49 PM
The disappointment just evaporated towards the end and was replaced by sheer pride at the defiance of the Hibs support.

johnbc70
26-05-2013, 09:04 PM
I was actually enjoying myself at the end when all the Hibs fans were singing. Last year was just awful and it was painful to watch, but this year it was a good day out and I think most Hibs fans went with hope rather than expectation.

hibsbollah
26-05-2013, 09:10 PM
I feel a lot better than i expected. The performance on the pitch was acceptable, but not good enough against that calibre of opposition. Its all about the journey you're on; this time last season we were staring into oblivion with a group of disinterested journeymen, today it feels like we're building something for the future.

Especially well done to the fans today :flag:

FitbaFolkKen
26-05-2013, 09:23 PM
The disappointment just evaporated towards the end and was replaced by sheer pride at the defiance of the Hibs support.

This sums it up perfectly for me, yeah i was gutted we didn't win. But the team tried and weren't good enough.

The support however was outstanding to be singing like that at 3-0 is a credit to everyone that was there.

Don't know if this link will work....and if it does it most certainly will be the wrong way round but **** it!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10201040193303982&l=3750331502997723863

HiBremian
26-05-2013, 09:34 PM

This. Turned a defeat into a half-good day out.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 03:09 AM
Have to admit, other than the result I had a great day and to be fair, there's always next year :aok: