PDA

View Full Version : Claros

Suburban Hibby
26-05-2013, 07:31 PM
Jorge is clearly a quality player but brings huge frustration in his reluctance to shoot- must
have had Four or five opportunities to shoot today but always opted for a square ball. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt if a better position was on for a pass he simply refuses to shoot EVER.

Surely as a talented pro he can not be scared of shooting- only flaw in his game for me.

On aside note loved how he harried Brown today.

LaMotta
26-05-2013, 07:35 PM
Jorge is clearly a quality player but brings huge frustration in his reluctance to shoot- must
have had Four or five opportunities to shoot today but always opted for a square ball. Even giving him the benefit of the doubt if a better position was on for a pass he simply refuses to shoot EVER.

Surely as a talented pro he can not be scared of shooting- only flaw in his game for me.

On aside note loved how he harried Brown today.

The frustration for me is not that he doesn't shoot, its more that he must be pish at shooting. He is an intelligent player and the reason he doesn't shoot can only be cos he knows he aint good at it.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 07:41 PM
The whole midfield don't like shooting - so frustrating.

Vault Boy
26-05-2013, 07:44 PM
The whole midfield don't like shooting - so frustrating.

Liam Craig alongside a pre-season of training with a 4-4-2 (more attack minded) formation could fix this. :pray:

coco22
26-05-2013, 07:51 PM
Thought he was really good again today. Barring a few misplaced passes, some of which were misread by teammates, showed his worth again. Definitely shouted PING IT a couple of times when he was within range but never pulled the trigger. Loved him snappin at brown and shouldve been in aboot him earlier. Delighted if he stays

Lang Toun Hibs
26-05-2013, 08:15 PM
The frustration for me is not that he doesn't shoot, its more that he must be pish at shooting. He is an intelligent player and the reason he doesn't shoot can only be cos he knows he aint good at it.

If you watch him in the warm ups before games you'll see he is far from being pish at shooting. Frustrating why he doesn't have a go - I was going to say more often but should say at all! Would love to see him score almost as much as seeing matty jack score!

WestEndHibee
26-05-2013, 08:19 PM
I love Jorge and I really think he deserves a great career as he shows total commitment to the cause and clearly cares for the fans. But yeh his lack of shooting is his flaw. Still I wouldn't change any other parts of his game. He's an absolute gem. Really hope he can stay on.

LaMotta
26-05-2013, 08:20 PM
If you watch him in the warm ups before games you'll see he is far from being pish at shooting. Frustrating why he doesn't have a go - I was going to say more often but should say at all! Would love to see him score almost as much as seeing matty jack score!

He's a great player, but if he was good at shooting he would shoot.

calumhibee1
26-05-2013, 09:12 PM
On th few occasions he has hit a shot from distance it's certainly packed a punch so I don't know why he doesn't do it more, annoys me too!

Stringer
26-05-2013, 09:17 PM
He is ******* bobbins. He slows everything down. His play lacks ambition and he has no shot power.

worcesterhibby
26-05-2013, 09:26 PM
He is ******* bobbins. He slows everything down. His play lacks ambition and he has no shot power.
:rolleyes::crazy:

Baader
26-05-2013, 09:28 PM

He's a holding midfielder! Easily sees more of the ball than anyone else in our team.

Stringer
26-05-2013, 09:35 PM
He's a holding midfielder! Easily sees more of the ball than anyone else in our team.

Exactly. Its a problem that everything goes through him. We played with no ambition and were tame going forward.

neil7908
26-05-2013, 09:35 PM

Crazy stuff. He's one of our best player's but just isn't an attacking midfielder. Would love to see him play for us next season with a settled forward line in front of him, another winger to take some of the emphasis away from Harris and an attack minded centre midfielder next to him. Could see him being even better

Stringer
26-05-2013, 09:49 PM
Crazy stuff. He's one of our best player's but just isn't an attacking midfielder. Would love to see him play for us next season with a settled forward line in front of him, another winger to take some of the emphasis away from Harris and an attack minded centre midfielder next to him. Could see him being even better

Taiwo is an attack minded centre mid. Claros let him down. He slows things down, his standard of passing is poor.

KanyeWestLower
26-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Lay off the sauce Stringer

sbell1875
26-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Would love to see him signed permanently.

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:32 PM

Step away from the alcohol

adhibs
26-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Would love to see him signed permanently.

hope so. was far from his best today but at his best he's very special

Stringer
26-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Step away from the alcohol

You don't think there are better centre defensive mids out there? We are really tame with him in the team. Claros doesn't 'run the game'. he was bullied in the 2012 final and slowed everything down today.

Curly1875
26-05-2013, 10:46 PM
You don't think there are better centre defensive mids out there? We are really tame with him in the team. Claros doesn't 'run the game'. he was bullied in the 2012 final and slowed everything down today.

How many games have you watched this season? Claros is brilliant in his role and plays some absolutely fantastic passes quite often

KanyeWestLower
26-05-2013, 10:46 PM

Madness

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:55 PM

Your view but not mine. Best footballing brain at the club (Claros, not me)

Sorry but it still rankles with me a bit that you referrred in the past to the now departed Jambo captain as Zal. I've never heard a Hibs fan call him that

Stringer
26-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Your view but not mine. Best footballing brain at the club (Claros, not me)

Sorry but it still rankles with me a bit that you referrred in the past to the now departed Jambo captain as Zal. I've never heard a Hibs fan call him that

The problem is the body that it is in, mate. Some of his tackles were so badly mistimed. He is too slow, and his passes aren't precise nor quick enough to merit a starting place. Thompson was slow aswell, but he should have played been in the centre with Taiwo not claros.

Callum_62
26-05-2013, 11:33 PM
The problem is the body that it is in, mate. Some of his tackles were so badly mistimed. He is too slow, and his passes aren't precise nor quick enough to merit a starting place. Thompson was slow aswell, but he should have played been in the centre with Taiwo not claros.

Wow, just absolutely WOW.

The guy was 2nd behind Leigh as POTY this year, fairly easily too...but you wouldn't have him starting?

Gotta be trolling...or wasted.

stewpot
26-05-2013, 11:46 PM

i criticise the team cos I love Hibs and really don't settle for mediocrity (or bad spelling lol)but you need to take a look at yourself, Claros has had loads of brilliant games and IS quality

Stringer
27-05-2013, 12:01 AM
i criticise the team cos I love Hibs and really don't settle for mediocrity (or bad spelling lol)but you need to take a look at yourself, Claros has had loads of brilliant games and IS quality

You do mate. A lot of people on here are happy with that performance. It was seriously poor. Our team has been mediocre all year with one exception, Leigh Griffiths. Harris has shown his quality and needs time to develop like all the young guys.

Final word on Claros, IMO he makes our whole midfield slower, and he can be man marked out of the game easily. I was wrong to say he was bobbins, he is a player. But moving forward he should be replaced.

stewpot
27-05-2013, 12:25 AM
Obviously you've no seen much of my posts then. I slate the team and players when I think they deserve it, and bye the way, that is loads. I have been told I am a yam countless of times because I care to differ and am not a happy clapper like most.

Todays performance was far from great and it was a breeze for Celtic. We do not press the ball and we pass back far too often, we have no cutting edge and we have no direct players.
But Claros is quality and along with a few others, they played ok today. A few of our younger players will have taken great experience from today and I hope it helps them to bigger and better things and I hope that is with us.

that said I still think we have not made much progress this season and the tactics we have used have been terrible and I do think that it's time pat moved on.

Stringer
27-05-2013, 12:32 AM
Obviously you've no seen much of my posts then. I slate the team and players when I think they deserve it, and bye the way, that is loads. I have been told I am a yam countless of times because I care to differ and am not a happy clapper like most.

Todays performance was far from great and it was a breeze for Celtic. We do not press the ball and we pass back far too often, we have no cutting edge and we have no direct players.
But Claros is quality and along with a few others, they played ok today. A few of our younger players will have taken great experience from today and I hope it helps them to bigger and better things and I hope that is with us.

that said I still think we have not made much progress this season and the tactics we have used have been terrible and I do think that it's time pat moved on.

I agree. The shape against Celtic was completely wrong. He lacks creative ideas.

lEXO
27-05-2013, 12:36 AM
You do mate. A lot of people on here are happy with that performance. It was seriously poor. Our team has been mediocre all year with one exception, Leigh Griffiths. Harris has shown his quality and needs time to develop like all the young guys.

Final word on Claros, IMO he makes our whole midfield slower, and he can be man marked out of the game easily. I was wrong to say he was bobbins, he is a player. But moving forward he should be replaced.
Ah the old accusation that other Hibs fans accept mediocrity! Brilliant :rolleyes:

stewpot
27-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Ah the old accusation that other Hibs fans accept mediocrity! Brilliant :rolleyes:

To be fair mate, lots of them do. I don't intend bringing any that up the nite though.

lets just take stock and get rid of a few and bring in some decent players

time to look forward and see what Europe brings

lEXO
27-05-2013, 12:48 AM
To be fair mate, lots of them do. I don't intend bringing any that up the nite though.

lets just take stock and get rid of a few and bring in some decent players

time to look forward and see what Europe brings
I agree to certain extent dude. In the same way that many will never be happy either. It,s an easy accusation to throw at somebody who disagrees with a post, and especially given the posters slating of a guy who has had a good season with us. Onwards and upwards for us I reckon

Steve-O
27-05-2013, 12:57 AM
Myself and those I was with thought Claros was poor.

Not saying he caused the goal however when we were all over them in the first 5-6 minutes, the momentum ended with the first of many poor passes from Claros. A minute or so later and we were 1 down.

My main gripe yesterday was that about 9 times out of 10 he just passed it right back to the player who had passed it to him! That didn't progress the play at all.

Taiwo tried to be a bit more inventive but didn't get anywhere really and Thomson wasn't great either.

Midfield could not penetrate a wet paper bag at times to be honest.

KanyeWestLower
27-05-2013, 08:23 AM
It's all about percentages, surely maintaining possession is better than risking the impossible pass?

Hibbyradge
27-05-2013, 08:26 AM
I was furious at Claros for carelessly giving the ball away when we were attacking in the first half, thereby giving Celtic their first chance on goal.

Which they took.

Hiber-nation
27-05-2013, 08:29 AM
He's been brilliant all season but he was poor yesterday, too slow and indecisive. Brown did what Jorge did at tynie the other week, ran the show.

Hibbyradge
27-05-2013, 09:07 AM
He's been brilliant all season but he was poor yesterday, too slow and indecisive. Brown did what Jorge did at tynie the other week, ran the show.

Agreed. Brown strolled through the game, totally in command.

How Stokes got MoM, I don't know.

The_Exile
27-05-2013, 09:15 AM
He's a superb football player, he sticks out like a sore thumb in that team most of the time, the only flaw is he's a tiny bit inconsistent, playing in midfield he should see more of the ball than he does, that's my only criticism of him. I'd probably say he's played his last game for us, and if we manage to keep a hold of him next season it'll be as big a coup as getting Griffiths if that also happens. He does seem to be settled here with his family and also an international team mate and great friend along the road in Glasgow so here's hoping.:agree:

Sergio sledge
27-05-2013, 09:17 AM

Claros definitely had one of his poorest games for a while yesterday, but that was as much down to being up against the best opposition he's faced in a while as his standards dropping IMHO. Brown and Ledley bossed the midfield and whilst Claros and Taiwo tried to get in about them they just aren't the same standard. That's why Claros and Taiwo are at Hibs earning (at most) £2k a week and Brown and Ledley are at Celtic earning (at least) £20k per week.

greenlex
27-05-2013, 09:18 AM
Agreed. Brown strolled through the game, totally in command.

How Stokes got MoM, I don't know.
Stokes was involved in all three goals. The third in articular a nice bit of skill to enable him to get away from a challenge and break forward. A constant threat on the left that Maybury was never really comfortabe with or able to counter. That aside he was Pish.

I'm_cabbaged
27-05-2013, 09:21 AM
You're all not getting it, it doesn't matter if our players played to their potential or not. There's more pressing things like singing songs right and such.....

MB62
27-05-2013, 01:59 PM
Claros is a quality player, unfortunately, it seems he is going to be playing in America next season.