PDA

View Full Version : Taiwo

jimmyboco#1
26-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Best player on park today, thought he deserved some credit. Hopefully he kicks on for next season. A lot of others could learn from his work ethic!

neil7908
26-05-2013, 07:17 PM
Really impressed me as the season has gone on. With the uncertainty about Claros and Thomson being around next season I'm delighted we have him under contract. Would be looking to negotiate an extension to him and Williams deals in the summer.

Golden Bear
26-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Really impressed me as the season has gone on. With the uncertainty about Claros and Thomson being around next season I'm delighted we have him under contract. Would be looking to negotiate an extension to him and Williams deals in the summer.

:agree:

hibIBZ
26-05-2013, 07:22 PM
I do think he has great energy in midfield and a good work effort but Imo i cant help but think he has limited football ability. Has improved as the season has gone on, hopefully can continue to improve and prove my thoughts wrong

Onion
26-05-2013, 07:23 PM
Best player on park today, thought he deserved some credit. Hopefully he kicks on for next season. A lot of others could learn from his work ethic!

:agree: outstanding in difficult circumstances.

Boyle89
26-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Needs to take a shot at goal. Though this goes for the entire central midfield. Good player though with lots of energy.

Danderhall Hibs
26-05-2013, 07:29 PM
He was very good. Best player in green IMO.

truehibernian
26-05-2013, 07:32 PM
TT, as well as Harris, have been my stand outs for the last few games - a run of games has allowed him to express himself and play his natural game. Really impressed with him, he's tenacious and a right wee battler. Fit as a fiddle too.

However how I'd love a Scott Brown in our midfield - the boy is just a marvellous footballer, always has been.

hibee19
26-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Gotten better as the season has gone on. Must be one of the core players Fenlon should look to build around. I'm pretty sure Taiwo wants to further his career and has the ability to do so. If we manage it right there could even be a decent transfer fee at the end of his time here. This summer more Taiwos, less Doyles and Dones please.

Vault Boy
26-05-2013, 07:41 PM
I really like Tom, he definitely got pass marks today and and he was the best of a poor bunch, but with better performers around him (obviously) he has had a number of better games for us. He still has time to develop and for his first season with us, the signs are good.

zlatan
26-05-2013, 07:45 PM
Taiwo and Forster were our standout players by a considerable distance.

Onceinawhile
26-05-2013, 08:31 PM
Thought he was good today. Agree that he needs to take a pop at goal or get into the box more often though. Hope he's tied up on a long deal as I think he's got great potential. Considering he's younger than spoony he could go v. Far.

woodythehibee
26-05-2013, 08:40 PM
TT has been our best player in the last few weeks. A great find by Pat and he will only get better next year with a full pre season.

Fergus52
26-05-2013, 08:40 PM
Always rated him.

He'll never beat 4 or 5 players or score a raker, but his tackling and work rate is excellent, rarely gives the ball away as well.

One of my favourite players in this team.

calumhibee1
26-05-2013, 09:19 PM
I really like Taiwo, but didn't think he stood out today. Thought Forster was our best player.

Stringer
26-05-2013, 09:22 PM

Agree. His tackling was great and he was the only one making runs into the box.

Baader
26-05-2013, 09:24 PM
He kept trying never gave up. Plays in the right spirit. Thought he gave all he had today

Hibdan12
26-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Foster played really well today but Taiwo was immense today our best player by a country mile.

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 09:32 PM
I have grown to like Tom, can see why he was rated so highly as a youngster. Think we could give him the stage to at least partially live up to his promise

Vault Boy
26-05-2013, 10:37 PM
Agree. His tackling was great and he was the only one making runs into the box.

Absolutely spot on, and it was because of this that we failed to threaten for much of the game. In our wee spell at the start of the match, Tom was hitting the flanks and making runs ahead of his midfield colleagues and it worked. The few spells after that where we kept the ball fairly well was again because Tom was able to push up the park (along with Harris at times). Unfortunately, it wasn't quite enough today, but I think Taiwo will develop into his role even more next year and even start to provide a decent threat going forward. (Just by being there he caused Celtic some problems today).

Saorsa
27-05-2013, 12:23 AM
I liked that lad when we signed him, has not disappointed since, good player, good signing, glad we have him a bit longer :agree::thumbsup:

Elephant Stone
27-05-2013, 01:53 AM
The more he plays, the better he gets. Going to be a big player for us next year.

Aldo
27-05-2013, 06:20 AM
Best Hibs player today.

adhibs
27-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Liked him since he signed. Surprised it took him so long to hold down a regular place but will be a big player next season

SMAXXA
27-05-2013, 11:40 AM
Really like Tom great we player and gives his all ever time he plays :top marks

Cabbage7062
01-06-2013, 08:58 PM
Think he has came on and settled in as the season has went on. Really hope he is in the starting 11 next year as he is very energetic and gives his all, also likes a tackle. Glad we have him got next year. Think him and Jones could form a good partnership.

Leishy1995
02-06-2013, 06:57 AM
Our midfield for next year could be great. One player we can rely on is TT. Hope Cairney is back on form though.

hfc rd
02-06-2013, 09:03 AM
The midfield looks at the moment in being our strongest area in the team. Taiwo has really came onto the scene and I thought he was our best midfielder in the cup final.

NAE NOOKIE
02-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Agree with everybody on this one :agree:

TT has come on a storm in the last two months and it looks like the end of the season came too soon for him. If he continues to play like this next season he will be the first name on the team sheet every week.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-06-2013, 09:53 AM
He's not that good. He is ok. Doubt he'll get a game if Robertson and Jones are in the middle.

Nae pace, nae goals and wee. We need to change this mould.

Allant1981
02-06-2013, 09:59 AM
He's not that good. He is ok. Doubt he'll get a game if Robertson and Jones are in the middle.

I actually thought he was quite quick, wasnt brought into the team to score goals imo, he was brought in to do the donkey work and he has been pretty good at it. And who cares how tall he is

Scouse Hibee
02-06-2013, 10:01 AM

Aye right then!

DH1875
02-06-2013, 10:02 AM

:faf::faf::fishin:.

If Thomson and Claros are gone, he'll be the best midfielder at the club.

Hermit Crab
02-06-2013, 10:03 AM

🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

hfc rd
02-06-2013, 10:04 AM

?

Hermit Crab
02-06-2013, 10:10 AM
?

The boys at the lash.

Saorsa
02-06-2013, 10:11 AM

Nae pace, nae goals and wee. We need to change this mould.:loser:

Hibernia Na Eir
02-06-2013, 10:23 AM
ask any Carlisle fan about this guy and they'll be envious as fek that he came to Hibs over staying with them. He was their best player.

Onceinawhile
02-06-2013, 11:20 AM

Even if they don't go I think he will be.

Fergus52
02-06-2013, 11:49 AM

:rolleyes:.

Sad how you're not even fishing.

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-06-2013, 11:54 AM
Obviously 'opinions' aren't welcomed. I don't rate him highly in the same way I don't rate Stevenson. I like them both and appreciate their contribution but doubt they'll make the first 11.

Our midfield will look like.

Harris Robertson. Jones. Craig

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-06-2013, 11:56 AM
:rolleyes:.

Sad how you're not even fishing.

It's not sad, I'm just stating my opinion.

Fergus52
02-06-2013, 11:59 AM
It's not sad, I'm just stating my opinion.

fair enough, apologies!

NorthNorfolkHFC
02-06-2013, 01:45 PM

Really. That is worrying.

God Petrie
02-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Really. That is worrying.

Jesus…

jimmyboco#1
02-06-2013, 08:06 PM
Obviously 'opinions' aren't welcomed. I don't rate him highly in the same way I don't rate Stevenson. I like them both and appreciate their contribution but doubt they'll make the first 11.

:confused: -Robertson won't get near the starting 11 next season. Taiwo is a far better player and will only get better!

Jonnyboy
02-06-2013, 08:09 PM

There's always one :agree:

jane_says
02-06-2013, 08:32 PM

More than entitled to an opinion, however thankfully you're not the manager and Taiwo will start in the midfield next season.

Leishy1995
03-06-2013, 07:13 AM
Why would we drop an improving good young player for an older player who's cup final performance was kujabi?

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-06-2013, 07:35 AM
:confused: -Robertson won't get near the starting 11 next season. Taiwo is a far better player and will only get better!

Obviously he was signed to warm the bench then.

I doubt that and Robertson will weigh in with some goals as well.

Time will tell.

J-C
03-06-2013, 08:07 AM

Hopefully with a good pre season Robertson will come good and be the box to box midfielder we've been needing, plus will chip in with a few goals too.

Tudor Jones and Taiwo will fight it out for the defensive mid place, Craig is an attacking mid and will fingers crossed be the player in the whole behind the striker/strikers.

This all depends if we keep Claros/Thomson, also all dependant on injuries and loss of form, so a minimum of 4-5 midfielders are needed for cover and fighting for places in the central midfield.

jacomo
03-06-2013, 10:58 AM
Hopefully with a good pre season Robertson will come good and be the box to box midfielder we've been needing, plus will chip in with a few goals too.

Tudor Jones and Taiwo will fight it out for the defensive mid place, Craig is an attacking mid and will fingers crossed be the player in the whole behind the striker/strikers.

This all depends if we keep Claros/Thomson, also all dependant on injuries and loss of form, so a minimum of 4-5 midfielders are needed for cover and fighting for places in the central midfield.

Surely Craig has been signed to play wide left? Whatever formation we play, we need some natural width.

Hopefully Cairney gets fit again and plays a more central role.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-06-2013, 12:02 PM
Surely Craig has been signed to play wide left? Whatever formation we play, we need some natural width.

I'd love to know why Cairney hasn't been involved but it doesn't look great to be honest.

He had a mare in the semi but in my opinion he is receiving the ball in a deep position. He's no athlete regardless of how fit he is and should only be doing his work in the top third. Thats where he is dangerous.

Maybe with preseason he will get fitter and find a position as he was certainly a player who i enjoyed watching earlier in the season.

Leishy1995
03-06-2013, 12:11 PM
I'd love to know why Cairney hasn't been involved but it doesn't look great to be honest.

He had a mare in the semi but in my opinion he is receiving the ball in a deep position. He's no athlete regardless of how fit he is and should only be doing his work in the top third. Thats where he is dangerous.

Maybe with preseason he will get fitter and find a position as he was certainly a player who i enjoyed watching earlier in the season.

In his own words he just hasn't played well

DH1875
03-06-2013, 12:56 PM

Out of interest. Why do you rate Robertson and Jones ahead of him?

J-C
03-06-2013, 12:58 PM

Craig is a left sided attacking midfielder, so left mid/on the wing or central in the hole.

The Leith Dutch
03-06-2013, 01:09 PM
He certainly lacks height - no arguments there.
in terms of pace I think he's fine given the role he plays and while he's not quick I wouldn't say he's slow either.

When he first arrived I wasn't convinced but since the tail end of last year I'd have him as nailed on starter. Reads the game well, tackles and harries the opposition well.

While he hasn't got a great shot on him (from what I've seen) he scored a nice header with a well timed run into the box - something I'd like to think we'd see more of if our overall game improves and we can dominate games and push the opposition on to the back foot.

My main worry about the midfield is getting it balanced - we have some decent players and Craig coming in will be a big boost but I'm not yet convinced that we have a group of midfielders that give us one definite balanced midfield formation and I'm of the opinion that we should have more than one to offer us the plan B and plan C that I don't feel we had this year.

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-06-2013, 03:13 PM
Out of interest. Why do you rate Robertson and Jones ahead of him?

I rate Jones because of his size and the fact he was an integral part of a team that dominated us in the previous season. We consistently get bullied by other midfields.

I rate Robertson because he has an athletic build and looks like he can get about the pitch. Has a record of scoring 'a few' goals and gets in good goal scoring positions. His ability is unquestioned as he won himself a move to Blackpool. His confidence dipped but showed he wants to get forward in the latter stages of the Hearts game.

Taiwo is alright, just isn't physical enough. Too often we are bullied by bigger team and teams like Inverness have shown Scottish football isnt rocket science.

Stevie Reid
03-06-2013, 03:16 PM
I'm convinced that Taiwo will be a pivotal player for us next season. Really like him.

superfurryhibby
03-06-2013, 03:29 PM
Taiwo is tidy enough on the ball, works hard and has a bit dig but.......he needs some coaching in respect of passing the ball forwards in a manner that may cause some alarm to the opposition and in how to have a crack at goal. I'm sure he can do a job for us and will be a useful squad player in the coming season.

Brightside
03-06-2013, 03:37 PM
I rate Jones because of his size and the fact he was an integral part of a team that dominated us in the previous season. We consistently get bullied by other midfields.

I rate Robertson because he has an athletic build and looks like he can get about the pitch. Has a record of scoring 'a few' goals and gets in good goal scoring positions. His ability is unquestioned as he won himself a move to Blackpool. His confidence dipped but showed he wants to get forward in the latter stages of the Hearts game.

Taiwo is alright, just isn't physical enough. Too often we are bullied by bigger team and teams like Inverness have shown Scottish football isnt rocket science.

Robertson has the athletic build of a concentration camp escapee.

J-C
03-06-2013, 03:39 PM
Robertson has the athletic build of a concentration camp escapee.

:rolleyes::confused::bitchy:

Scottie
03-06-2013, 03:58 PM
I'm convinced that Taiwo will be a pivotal player for us next season. Really like him.

I agree m8.

Give him time and he'll be our Didier Deschamps (water-carrier) He's a 100% -tenatious and brave

He's vastly improved over this season and will be better again next season

Allez Allez Tom Taiwo :thumbsup:

hfc rd
03-06-2013, 04:17 PM

I hope Liam Craig isn't signed to play on the wing. His best, natural position is in the middle. That is where he looks most dangerous. I hope Fenlon has someone like a Gregg Wylde lined up to play on the wing along with Alex Harris. Also hopefully Cairney and Robertson rediscover their good forms.

SunshineOnLeith
03-06-2013, 04:22 PM

In summary then: he's tall, he was good a few years ago, and he's made one assist.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's more to come from Robertson but at this moment in time he's well behind Taiwo.

Fergus52
03-06-2013, 05:31 PM
In summary then: he's tall, he was good a few years ago, and he's made one assist.

Don't get me wrong, I think there's more to come from Robertson but at this moment in time he's well behind Taiwo.

:agree:

NorthNorfolkHFC
03-06-2013, 05:52 PM

Nope. I said athletic, not tall. There's a difference.

My opinion is Robertson will be one of our better players this year coming and despite his recent dip in form will be an important player. I also never said he would was good and is now bad, I said he needed to regain form and confidence.