PDA

View Full Version : to all the fans that smoke in the toilets

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 04:50 PM
You are a shocking part of scottish football! I honestly nearly passed out when all i wanted was the toilet.... in my opinion you should all be banned from football (last time i checked... it was illegal to smoke in a public place)
In regards to the situation - i spoke to 4 different stewards and 2 police officers, all i got 'it isnt mt problem pal'

MSK
26-05-2013, 04:53 PM
You are a shocking part of scottish football! I honestly nearly passed out when all i wanted was the toilet.... in my opinion you should all be banned from football (last time i checked... it was illegal to smoke in a public place)
In regards to the situation - i spoke to 4 different stewards and 2 police officers, all i got 'it isnt mt problem pal'Should bring back hanging ..:agree:

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 04:54 PM
You are a shocking part of scottish football! I honestly nearly passed out with all the smoke .. when all i wanted was the toilet.... in my opinion you should all be banned from football (last time i checked... it was illegal to smoke in a public place)
In regards to the situation - i spoke to 4 different stewards and 2 police officers, all i got was 'it isnt my problem pal'
if you cant cope with out a fag for 90mins then you shouldnt attend a football match.

Yours sincerly
a pissed of hibs fan

MSK
26-05-2013, 04:55 PM
You are a shocking part of scottish football! I honestly nearly passed out with all the smoke .. when all i wanted was the toilet.... in my opinion you should all be banned from football (last time i checked... it was illegal to smoke in a public place)
In regards to the situation - i spoke to 4 different stewards and 2 police officers, all i got was 'it isnt my problem pal'
if you cant cope with out a fag for 90mins then you shouldnt attend a football match.

Yours sincerly
a pissed of hibs fanShould bring back the electric chair ..:agree:

sleeping giant
26-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Can someone not think of the children :-)

MSK
26-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Can someone not think of the children :-)Should bring back the jaggy jumper ..:agree:

TAHibby
26-05-2013, 04:59 PM
***** smoking from their seats as well, fortunately buggered off at 2-0.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Careful now.

sleeping giant
26-05-2013, 05:01 PM
I was happily puffing away in my seat.
Those vapourisers are great.

hfc rd
26-05-2013, 05:03 PM
My poo was absolutely horrendously bad in the cubical. Must have ate too much lasagne last night. Feel sorry for the young 9 year old lad that went in after me and having to put up with that, never mind the idiots that were smoking!

DaveF
26-05-2013, 05:04 PM
It is a joke, though not entirely unexpected. When I went for a leek it was as smoky as the volly in 1990!

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:10 PM
It is a joke, though not entirely unexpected. When I went for a leek it was as smoky as the volly in 1990!

As i attend nearly every home/away match i expect it but today took the aboslute piss! Suffering from a throat infection the last thing i want is a whole load of smoke down my throat. as for the athorities... you are an absolute joke!

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2013, 05:15 PM
My poo was absolutely horrendously bad in the cubical. Must have ate too much lasagne last night. Feel sorry for the young 9 year old lad that went in after me and having to put up with that, never mind the idiots that were smoking!

:greengrin
TO BE HONEST I REGULARLY PARTAKE IN THE ODD BATHROOM CIGARETTE. FIND IT AMAZING THEY DONT HAVE SMOKING AREAS AT FOOTBALL. WHEN THE LAW WAS COMING IN RE SMOKING BAN EVEN SMALL PUBS WERE DOING ALL THEY COULD TO CATER FOR THE SMOKERS OUT THERE. IT IS A PRETTY LONG TIME TO GO WITHOUT A CIGGY TO BE FAIR. A COMPROMISE IS NEEDED SURELY.:confused:

davym7062
26-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Get over it

BoltonHibee
26-05-2013, 05:17 PM
In regards to the situation - i spoke to 4 different stewards and 2 police officers, all i got 'it isnt mt problem pal'

What a drama queen, is that all that ****ed you off today?

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:21 PM

Haha dont get me started... for all those fans that left with 15-20mins to play. Shouldnt derserve to be there (and before you start. yes im an uber fan) but ill save that conversation for a different thread ;)

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2013, 05:24 PM

100% agree.

horrible haze of cancerous smoke in bogs throughout interval. Smelly. horrible.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2013, 05:24 PM

100% agree.

RickyS
26-05-2013, 05:27 PM

:top marks

Squealing pig
26-05-2013, 05:27 PM
If I was there I would be smoking in the toilets too. Part and parcel of the game today.

clerriehibs
26-05-2013, 05:28 PM
As i attend nearly every home/away match i expect it but today took the aboslute piss! Suffering from a throat infection the last thing i want is a whole load of smoke down my throat. as for the athorities... you are an absolute joke!

Thanks for sharing your throat infection.

Worse than a brief spell of secondary smoking.

I'm a non-smoker.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2013, 05:30 PM
If I was there I would be smoking in the toilets too. Part and parcel of the game today.

really?

so is the Irish stuff then

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:32 PM

Im glad you werent there then

Squealing pig
26-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Im glad you werent there then

Ano how could u have handled 1 more fag in a smokey toilets.

Irish stuff not welcome.

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2013, 05:36 PM
disgusting in toilets. and foyer areas. if a cancerous haze of fagotine is your thing then get back for more....

low lives

clerriehibs
26-05-2013, 05:38 PM
disgusting in toilets. and foyer areas. if a cancerous haze of fagotine is your thing then get back for more....

low lives

Don'y drink beforehand, skip the halftime bog visit, no?

Squealing pig
More people smoke than not so ur in the minority keep quiet. If u need a smoke light up simples.

.Whitey.
Thanks for sharing your throat infection.

Worse than a brief spell of secondary smoking.

I'm a non-smoker.

Any day pal ;)

They should provide a smoking area for those that do want to have a 'ciggy'
as for us that do not partake in smoking,
We do not desverve to have our lungs infectected by your lovely second hand smoke , that is all i ask

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:40 PM

I drink water... what do you suggest i do?

Hibernia Na Eir
26-05-2013, 05:41 PM
More people smoke than not so ur in the minority keep quiet. If u need a smoke light up simples.

I think not pal. Facts say, they are in the minority. Hence, the outbursts.
was absolutely f******disgusting at Dumpden today. if you enjoyed that haze, good for you.

Chuck Rhoades
26-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Get a life.

clerriehibs
26-05-2013, 05:44 PM
I drink water... what do you suggest i do?

Keep your throat infections at home?

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:47 PM
Keep your throat infections at home?

It allright, ive been given the all clear by the doctors. But that got nothing to do with youself....

It is illegal to smoke in a public place is it not?

Miguel
26-05-2013, 05:50 PM
It is NOT illegal to smoke In a public place.

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:51 PM
Get a life.

Haha Ross ive got a life pal. and i spend many hours and money following hibs and section 43 . I am only against smoking in the toilets... is that too much to ask?

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 05:54 PM
It is NOT illegal to smoke In a public place.

Ouch, you know what i ment... how about smoking in toilets at a football match? Im sure you have the facts

Thecat23
26-05-2013, 05:57 PM
I never went near the toilet today, my mate went who used to smoke and says it was unreal how bad it was. I've actually had to live with a lung condition all my life and things like that would Prob knock me to my knees. I understand folk have an addiction but surely you guys can respect others? Kids for example shouldn't be made to suffer that. It's banned from toilets so its you who's in the wrong. Until you know how much it affects others I don't think it will stop. Sad really! Grounds should maybe do more for smokers?

clerriehibs
26-05-2013, 05:58 PM
It allright, ive been given the all clear by the doctors. But that got nothing to do with youself....

It is illegal to smoke in a public place is it not?

Plenty to do with myself and YOU have a throat INFECTION.

But just you bump your gums and complain about others' behaviour.

ffs.

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Plenty to do with myself and YOU have a throat INFECTION.

But just you bump your gums and complain about others' behaviour.

ffs.

Haha bump my gums indeed

and.... ffs you are pathetic. you are backing an illegal act. as long a you are happy, all is good ;)

NOLA
26-05-2013, 06:06 PM
after a cup final defeat you have to moan about folk smoking in a toilet? its not school FFS

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2013, 06:09 PM
Get a life.

maybe he's trying to keep his life just that little bit longer

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 06:10 PM
after a cup final defeat you have to moan about folk smoking in a toilet? its not school FFS

I have lots to moan about but this isjust one topic on one thread...

Is it not something we should be getting out
of scottish football?

NOLA
26-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I never went near the toilet today, my mate went who used to smoke and says it was unreal how bad it was. I've actually had to live with a lung condition all my life and things like that would Prob knock me to my knees. I understand folk have an addiction but surely you guys can respect others? Kids for example shouldn't be made to suffer that. It's banned from toilets so its you who's in the wrong. Until you know how much it affects others I don't think it will stop. Sad really! Grounds should maybe do more for smokers?
going to easter road as a youngster you never encountered smokers? have a word. part and parcel of the match day experience, "bad men smoking" :cb

NOLA
26-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I have lots to moan about but this is one topic on one thread...

Is it not something we should be getting out
of scottish football?
maybe a question for the health chiefs in charge of the country, but its still football, still bovril and pies, still fags and moroccan "fags" not gonna change any year soon, get used to it until the majority agree with your sentiments, not saying its right but its there, surely you can deal with it until that day.

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 06:16 PM
going to easter road as a youngster you never encountered smokers? have a word. part and parcel of the match day experience, "bad men smoking" :cb

I am only 23 and when i was young they could only smoke out the back of the east stand.. i could breath clearly in my own happiness.

im sure back in your day casuals were involved in fights, people took drugs and everone smoked... but its all part of modern day football i suppose

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2013, 06:18 PM
There should be areas to go outside and smoke, there isn't. Ppl know they get away with it so they'll do it. I'm sure the authorities are told to be lax on the issue due to the fact it would impact attendances if it were outlawed.

ian cruise
26-05-2013, 06:22 PM
Careful now.

Down with that sort of thing!

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 06:25 PM
There should be areas to go outside and smoke, there isn't. Ppl know they get away with it so they'll do it. I'm sure the authorities are told to be lax on the issue due to the fact it would impact attendances if it were outlawed.

Your a definately right in what you are saying, I suppose i should only follow certain laws because i know i can get away with some 'minor laws'
definately the wrong attitude by officials

seanshow
26-05-2013, 06:27 PM
Wasn't just the toilets parts of the concourse and most of the stairs were filled with smoke, because people could wait for 90 mins.......... or get outside. :confused:

And nobody did hewaw about it, hopefully there were some Commonwealth games observers there...lol disgrace.

Miguel
26-05-2013, 06:29 PM
Ouch, you know what i ment... how about smoking in toilets at a football match? Im sure you have the facts

Yes, it's wrong to smoke in the bogs (and on stairs where people were also smoking), but stewards won't let people out back of stadium for a puff. There should be room for compromise.

West hamBERNIAN
26-05-2013, 06:34 PM
your a definately right in what you are saying, i suppose i should only follow certain laws because i know i can get away with some 'minor laws'
definately the wrong attitude by officials

there are a lot of laws that are overlooked, if they don,t smoke in the bog, they'll smoke in the stand and that'll definitely cause trouble. Its not obviously not the officials that make the decision to allow it, must be someone in charge. Not difficult to stop it, not once has somebody said don't do it "official wise" even here in london its the same every week. To be fair it only happens at half time, nip to the loo aminute early maybe?

NOLA
26-05-2013, 06:57 PM
I am only 23 and when i was young they could only smoke out the back of the east stand.. i could breath clearly in my own happiness.

im sure back in your day casuals were involved in fights, people took drugs and everone smoked... but its all part of modern day football i suppose

your right, back in my day casuals wore proper gear not knock off, folk smoked without feeling like lepers and the drugs were free :greengrin nowadays as an ex smoker myself im not bothered by folks feeling the need for a fag at the footie, i used to smoke a 10 pack in 1 game such was the anxiety hibs gave me :cb i have decent CP company gear i cant wear now and if i want to get high im worried my daughter wants a puff too, football who needs it

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 07:04 PM

Its okay.. I'll skip some of the match play in order to save my lungs from the smoke... No worries all is good :( Hope all the smokers are punished.

News flash!! This is a new age we live in, if you can't handle 90 mins without a fag then get some help

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 07:09 PM
your right, back in my day casuals wore proper gear not knock off, folk smoked without feeling like lepers and the drugs were free :greengrin nowadays as an ex smoker myself im not bothered by folks feeling the need for a fag at the footie, i used to smoke a 10 pack in 1 game such was the anxiety hibs gave me :cb i have decent CP company gear i cant wear now and if i want to get high im worried my daughter wants a puff too, football who needs it

Well i understand people smoke, but us healthy folk want to live a full and enjoyable lifestyle, without second hand smoke blown at us while we relieve ourselves ;) surely not too much to ask?

Golden Bear
26-05-2013, 07:17 PM
There was a guy in our bus who was evicted by the stewards at half time for THE INTENTION of having a smoke. He says he was in the process of making a roll up when he was collared by the stewards and shown the door in no uncertain terms. Incidentally the guy was a reasonably sober 50+ gent and his intended roll up was definitely of the tobacco variety!

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 07:23 PM
There was a guy in our bus who was evicted by the stewards at half time for THE INTENTION of having a smoke. He says he was in the process of making a roll up when he was collared by the stewards and shown the door in no uncertain terms. Incidentally the guy was a reasonably sober 50+ gent and his intended roll up was definitely of the tobacco variety!

As long as he didn't spark up, he shouldn't have been ejected. But as soon as someone does - bye bye and good riddance

NOLA
26-05-2013, 07:43 PM
As long as he didn't spark up, he shouldn't have been ejected. But as someone does - bye bye and good riddance
i wasnt gonna bring the titans into the chat but clearly you are a paid up TiT, hope your team has a stinker and that johnson has a crappy fantasy league showing :greengrin

ColintonHibs
26-05-2013, 07:46 PM
How is smoking legal? Ewwwwwww

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 07:51 PM
i wasnt gonna bring the titans into the chat but clearly you are a paid up TiT, hope your team has a stinker and that johnson has a crappy fantasy league showing :greengrin

We all have our downfalls, I love the hibs, the Titans and I hate smoking

Ps. With our new offensive line we will dominate next year - just you watch ;)

leithsansiro
26-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Speaking of smoke, can the arse who through the smoke canister towards the bottom corner of the south just after kick off have a word - seriously dude, what gives?

Russ
26-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Yours sincerly
a pissed of hibs fan
As a non smoker and Hibernian fan I say get a life pal.

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 09:40 PM
As a non smoker and Hibernian fan I say get a life pal.

Your opinion is noted, I shall start looking first thing on Monday ;)

You have no knowledge of me or 'my life' so please keep your wonderful comments of that regards to yourself

Oh.... And you ain't my pal ;)

Russ
26-05-2013, 09:44 PM
Your opinion is noted, I shall start looking first thing on Monday ;)

You have no knowledge of me or 'my life' so please keep your wonderful comments of that regards to yourself

Oh.... And you ain't my pal ;)
LOL Really ? complaining aboot fans smoking in the bog? good luck pal(ok yer not ma pal really), you'll need it

Russ
26-05-2013, 09:48 PM

the volly in 1990 eh, a played for the pool team back then,

albeit the b team, with George Bowie and co

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 09:52 PM
LOL Really ? complaining aboot fans smoking in the bog? good luck pal(ok yer not ma pal really), you'll need it

Em yes... That's the point

It is attitude like yours that is in need of changing, if you recall its 2013 and there are rules to follow. As long as fans 'think its acceptable' to do so, things will not change - threads like this might help people realise the discomfort/ harm to others they are causing and think twice before breaking the law and 'sparking up'

Russ
26-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Em yes... That's the point

It is attitude like yours that is in need of changing, if you recall its 2013 and there are rules to follow. As long as fans 'think its acceptable' to do so, things will not change - threads like this might help people realise the discomfort/ harm to others they are causing and think twice before breaking the law and 'sparking up'
OK I'ts noted you've never been in the volly in your life, and you're a flump hagn pal.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:00 PM

Yet another law that some people think they have the right to choose whether to it obey it or not as in their mind it's a stupid law anyway! Probably the same erseholes that use a phone when driving, ignore speed limits etc

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:00 PM
OK I'ts noted you've never been in the volly in your life, and you're a flump hagn pal.

A flump hagn? Obviously I need to 'get a life' then haha

anon1875
26-05-2013, 10:04 PM
so many bites

Chibs
26-05-2013, 10:06 PM
A flump hagn? Obviously I need to 'get a life' then haha
Can I just say to say your avatar looks like a packet of fags .
And as a heavy smoker I would Like to buy a pack.:cb:cb:cb

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:07 PM
so many bites

I enjoy biting (as long as its on the message boards) ;) it ain't harming others like the smoking is....

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:13 PM
Can I just say to say your avatar looks like a packet of fags .
And as a heavy smoker I would Like to buy a pack.:cb:cb:cb

Aye, No problem, as long as you don't partake in the 'half time smoke sessions' :D

NOLA
26-05-2013, 10:16 PM
We all have our downfalls, I love the hibs, the Titans and I hate smoking

Ps. With our new offensive line we will dominate next year - just you watch ;)
devitre comes well quated as does new boy warmack, personally im looking to see how "smoking" gregg williams gets your D on point, fair play on your smoking in the bogs issue, i just dont see it as a big problem per se, i could smoke a fag in the row infront of you for example, by the time the stewards get to me ive put it out, or i can head to the bogs to indulge my "fast love" which is more agreeable? its 90 mins, your in the bogs for how long? im sure as a non smoker your lung capacity can handle the inconvenience.

Chibs
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Aye, No problem, as long as you don't partake in the 'half time smoke sessions' :D
Is it I ok to smoke when your not there? Hmmm

NOLA
26-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Yet another law that some people think they have the right to choose whether to it obey it or not as in their mind it's a stupid law anyway! Probably the same erseholes that use a phone when driving, ignore speed limits etc
how many you hoping to bite you troll meister lol

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:20 PM
how many you hoping to bite you troll meister lol

Only the ones who think they can choose to ignore the law!

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:22 PM
The OP is a total fanny, get a grip ya loser.

At least give an opinion on the subject rather than just abusing the OP and coming across yourself like a total fanny!

Ross4356
26-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Only the ones who think they can choose to ignore the law!

I like all scousers except this 1

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:24 PM
devitre comes well quated as does new boy warmack, personally im looking to see how "smoking" gregg williams gets your D on point, fair play on your smoking in the bogs issue, i just dont see it as a big problem per se, i could smoke a fag in the row infront of you for example, by the time the stewards get to me ive put it out, or i can head to the bogs to indulge my "fast love" which is more agreeable? its 90 mins, your in the bogs for how long? im sure as a non smoker your lung capacity can handle the inconvenience.

It should be an interesting season ahead, as for you smoking in front of me - its just as bad (in my opinion) but not as harmful as 30 folk smoking in a confined space, with no fresh air to breath. There is a easy solution.... Have a designated smokers area (that is all I ask)

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:25 PM
I like all scousers except this 1

Glad to hear it.

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:25 PM

Haha Cheers for the input. I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I'm a loser

PS stop smoking in the toilets! ;)

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 10:28 PM

Have a word wi' yersel man

Ross4356
26-05-2013, 10:29 PM
Haha Cheers for the input. I can sleep easy tonight knowing that I'm a loser

PS stop smoking in the toilets! ;)

I don't smoke or greet about people smoking in the toilet. FFS what a life must have to gi ****

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:31 PM
I don't smoke or greet about people smoking in the toilet. FFS what a life must have to gi ****

But you greet about people having an opinion...

And another person that seems to know about my 'life'. This message board is so welcoming

Chibs
26-05-2013, 10:33 PM
It should be an interesting season ahead, as for you smoking in front of me - its just as bad (in my opinion) but not as harmful as 30 folk smoking in a confined space, with no fresh air to breath. There is a easy solution.... Have a designated smokers area (that is all I ask)
Oh my sweet lord.
You honestly believe the world revolves around you

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:34 PM
Oh my sweet lord.
You honestly believe the world revolves around you

Not just the world, the universe....

Chibs
26-05-2013, 10:43 PM
Not just the world, the universe....
Well that does not surprise me in the least.
Pretty damn sure the universe is full of dickheads like you.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 10:47 PM

:rolleyes:

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 10:47 PM

I'm glad for your input to this topic, much appreciated - I shall leave this place for now as things are getting a bit 'touchy' to say the least

smoking is not big nor clever and neither are remarks like that ;)

Zazu62
26-05-2013, 10:52 PM
I had a fag at half time in the toilets today, i was half pished and hibs were gettin beat in a SC final, sorry.

cam75
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM
To be fair in the east stand at Hampden you can get out the back,the west felt like a cattle market with scarred cattle sucking on there sticks and waiting on the electric shock to the head,I do enjoy a cig but went to go to the toilet with my son and just turned back when I saw the cloud of smoke,his asthma is more than my bladder.

StevieT
26-05-2013, 10:59 PM
The guy who started this thread has a point. Too many people in society today believe that certain laws do not apply to them and so choose to ignore the ones they don't like and to hell with everyone else. The smoking ban was introduced for a reason. There may well be laws which I am not happy with but I still abide by them. It's a sad day when you can't last 90 minutes without a fag. Selfish is what I would call it.

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 11:01 PM
The guy who started this thread has a point. Too many people in society today believe that certain laws do not apply to them and so choose to ignore the ones they don't like and to hell with everyone else. The smoking ban was introduced for a reason. There may well be laws which I am not happy with but I still abide by them. It's a sad day when you can't last 90 minutes without a fag. Selfish is what I would call it.

:agree:

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 11:04 PM
:agree:

I'm confused. Are you the Scouser the boy doesn't like? :greengrin

BTW have you got the Liverpool crest in the back window of your car? If so I followed you along the M8 after the game today

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm confused. Are you the Scouser the boy doesn't like? :greengrin

BTW have you got the Liverpool crest in the back window of your car? If so I followed you along the M8 after the game today

I'm confused too but I think so :greengrin

No it wasn't me, I was a drinking co-pilot today!

Jonnyboy
26-05-2013, 11:08 PM
I'm confused too but I think so :greengrin

No it wasn't me, I was a drinking co-pilot today!

Must be one of the Scousers he likes then :greengrin

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 11:09 PM
Must be one of the Scousers he likes then :greengrin

:greengrin

chrisski33
26-05-2013, 11:16 PM
I had a fag at half time in the toilets today, i was half pished and hibs were gettin beat in a SC final, sorry.

Tut tut lol

NOLA
26-05-2013, 11:18 PM

No problem with that at all.

Cauld Bovril
26-05-2013, 11:44 PM

It was so bad i nearly dropped my glue bag down the toilet

madabouthibs
27-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Dirty minging yellow fingered cancerous lepers. :agree:
Get yer ain bogs!

JOD
27-05-2013, 12:52 AM
I am a non smoker and have always been so.

However I went for a piss to-day and being surrounded by smoke was the least of my Hibee problems at half time.

Some of you on here need to get a life.

By the way which party ever went to the polls and said in their manifesto we are bringing in a smoking ban.

Not one of them. Politicians and Hearts fans both are w--- kers.

Glory Glory to the Hibees.

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 04:48 AM
We get beat 3-0 in another scf and i come on here to see a thread with this title.... Ffs

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2013, 06:59 AM
We get beat 3-0 in another scf and i come on here to see a thread with this title.... Ffs

hundreds of other threads, freedom of choice etc etc, no one forced you to read it....unlike some people forcing smoke down another persons lungs

Brizo
27-05-2013, 07:13 AM

:confused: Is it just me or could the above quote be taken two ways ?

Beefster
27-05-2013, 07:14 AM
hundreds of other threads, freedom of choice etc etc, no one forced you to read it....unlike some people forcing smoke down another persons lungs

I choose to never go to the toilets at half-time because I know they've become a smoking area.

I choose to not do lots of things that I know would harm me or lead me to be outraged.

#FromTheCapital
27-05-2013, 07:17 AM
Simple solution, don't go to the toilet if you don't want to inhale all that nasty smoke :aok:

Leishy1995
27-05-2013, 07:26 AM
Why wait till hibs.net to complain? Should have had a word with the smokers.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 09:25 AM
Why wait till hibs.net to complain? Should have had a word with the smokers.

He tried the Police and the Stewards what more do you want.

Beefster
27-05-2013, 09:28 AM

He could have gone up to each smoker, ripped the cancer stick from their stinking gobs, stomped it in the pishy floor and proceeded to pee triumphantly.

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 09:30 AM
He could have gone up to each smoker, ripped the cancer stick from their stinking gobs, stomped it in the pishy floor and proceeded to pee triumphantly.

:greengrin Of course, I should have given it more thought.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 09:35 AM

I havnt read the rest of this thread, so no doubt I'm going over old ground, as will be similar posts to mine ... but:

You were no doubt unaware of the rammy going on at the exit doors with loads of filthy disgusting smokers asking to be let out for a fag. "Aye, but we winnae be allowed back in pal"

Given the fact that at the back of the East Stand people are allowed out at will through the wide open gates, the reason for that attitude yesterday was hard to understand.

There will no doubt continue to be folk like you posting the above who's opinion on this subject will not be changed by posts like mine. The reason being that as far as you are concerned the back up argument will be that its bad to smoke, which nobody, including smokers like me, can ( or will ) argue with.

The argument from our ( or at least my ) point of view is that the utter unwillingness of football clubs to take the few small measures required to enable smokers to exit stadiums for a few minutes at half time seems to be nothing short of bad customer service. Unless of course you are in hospitality, like at Easter Road, where according to a steward I spoke to in the West last season this is not a problem all of a sudden.

When was the last time you went to a pub and found the bogs full of folk smoking, never because you can go outside for a fag, so it would seem to me that the answer to this problem is simple.

Oh and by the way ...... This paticular "blight on Scottish football" has been going to ER since the mid 70s and has spent thousands and thousands of pounds following Hibs home and away. That statement doesnt make my argument right and yours wrong, but I would suggest that it does entitle me, and folk like me,to a bit of consideration from Scottish football in general and Hibs especially.

Baader
27-05-2013, 09:36 AM
Simple solution, don't go to the toilet if you don't want to inhale all that nasty smoke :aok:

Yes let's return to the good old days of fitba and pissing down the leg of the person in front of you...!

Sergio sledge
27-05-2013, 09:38 AM

You joke, but that's exactly what my 5 year old son wants me to do every time we see someone smoking. (Not the peeing part obviously... :wink:)

Scouse Hibee
27-05-2013, 09:41 AM
Yes let's return to the good old days of fitba and pissing down the leg of the person in front of you...!

**** that far too messy, the persons jacket pocket in front of you was always the cleaner option. :greengrin

Hibbyradge
27-05-2013, 09:44 AM
I can't abide with people smoking in the toilets. It's utterly inconsiderate and selfish, but surely it's not beyond the wit of mankind to provide some sort of open area where addicts at football matches can get their fix.

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 10:24 AM
I can't abide with people smoking in the toilets. It's utterly inconsiderate and selfish, but surely it's not beyond the wit of mankind to provide some sort of open area where addicts at football matches can get their fix.

Many a true word.

Purple & Green
27-05-2013, 10:39 AM
The toilets were a pretty disgusting place to take children yesterday.

Purple & Green
27-05-2013, 10:44 AM

That's a reasonable way of looking at. Another is it's not beyond the wit of our national stadium to enforce the law. To be honest, it's just one of a number of issues that I found exceptionally poor at our supposed national stadium yesterday in the family area.

iwasthere1972
27-05-2013, 10:56 AM
I confess to having half a cigarette on the stairway in the west stand. Stewards and police were turning a blind eye to it so I thought why not.

I'm hoping I wasn't caught on CCTV. Half expecting my door to be kicked in this morning and hear "It's the smoke police don't move....we've got your house surrounded" I'm now living in terror.

Hale hale the Hibs are here.

fat freddy
27-05-2013, 10:58 AM
surely the answer is obvious...stick a steward in the toilets at half time.

i never went to the toilet at half time yesterday but i did have two chavvy, grey jogger types sitting directly behind me and they smoked for most of the second half which was pretty minging...they were also using pretty rascist language when screaming abuse at the celtic players although they didn't sound like they knew much about football...i would have said something to them about their behaviour but i was completely wasted myself and could barely see straight...was the game any good?

truehibernian
27-05-2013, 11:15 AM

That made me laugh as it did indeed bring back the 'it was so true' memories :greengrin

Lots of youngsters on here really haven't experienced (thankfully) football crowds (at times) decades ago. Sorry to sound sentimental but the smell of cigar smoke was, admittedly, one of the instant lures of Easter Road when I was young and took my place in the terrace...........the crowd swell, the smoke, the patter and the pies. The football was quite often lilian gish :agree: But you're so right, the stench of urine as the game approached half time, or at the back of the East could have taken paint off walls ! I'd go as far as to say not many of my mates even dared venture into the toilets as they could have literally been labelled a biochemical disaster area - wearing white suits before going in would have been apt.

Smoking at games - sorry to sound so conformist but nah, just don't please - it's annoying for those that don't, it's unhealthy, and toilets are indeed for the toilet, not for smoking and other 'recreational uses' !

Willing however to see both sides and that smoking is an addiction, so it's maybe time areas of a stadium are indeed changed into 'smoking zones' for those that need one, and clearly marked as such (the back of the East for example is a wide paved expanse which wouldn't really affect anyone and is open air).

But I'm firmly in the 'no smoking in seats/toilets' camp I'm afraid.

Hermit Crab
27-05-2013, 11:20 AM
120 odd posts about some boys having a sly puff? More important things to worry about surely.

Beefster
27-05-2013, 11:37 AM
You joke, but that's exactly what my 5 year old son wants me to do every time we see someone smoking. (Not the peeing part obviously... :wink:)

To be honest, it doesn't have quite the same impact without slapping the whanger out at the end and pissing like a racehorse.

Hibby D
27-05-2013, 11:45 AM
When I'm driving home from work in the evening I get very p'eed off at the ignorant erseholes who think bus lanes don't apply to them. - But they're obviously in more of a hurry than me yeah?

In the pub pre-match yesterday I was pretty p'eed off when grown men helped themselves to the ladies loos because the queue for the "gents" was lengthy. But they were obviously more burstin' than the guys who waited patiently, yeah?

People who smoke where they shouldn't, do it because their need for a fag far outweighs any consideration they have for those around them, including children.

I don't know what the perfect solution is to any of these issues, but maybe if people were just a little less inconsiderate themselves, then there might not be an issue to resolve!

ps for the record, I fully support the suggestion that the club allows people out for a half time fag. A rubber stamp like they use in nightclubs would cost about 2/6d

matty_f
27-05-2013, 11:58 AM
When I'm driving home from work in the evening I get very p'eed off at the ignorant erseholes who think bus lanes don't apply to them. - But they're obviously in more of a hurry than me yeah?

In the pub pre-match yesterday I was pretty p'eed off when grown men helped themselves to the ladies loos because the queue for the "gents" was lengthy. But they were obviously more burstin' than the guys who waited patiently, yeah?

People who smoke where they shouldn't, do it because their need for a fag far outweighs any consideration they have for those around them, including children.

I don't know what the perfect solution is to any of these issues, but maybe if people were just a little less inconsiderate themselves, then there might not be an issue to resolve!

ps for the record, I fully support the suggestion that the club allows people out for a half time fag. A rubber stamp like they use in nightclubs would cost about 2/6d

:agree: Agree with every word.

Sudds_1
27-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Haha dont get me started... for all those fans that left with 15-20mins to play. Shouldnt derserve to be there (and before you start. yes im an uber fan) but ill save that conversation for a different thread ;)

you might find evening primrsoe oil of some benefit my friend.................and some oil of olay for your fingers, which much be quite sore with all that keyboard bashing. :cb

matty_f
27-05-2013, 12:05 PM

:agree: The "I'm alright so f*** everyone else" attitude is one part of society that consistently disgusts me.

Bad Martini
27-05-2013, 12:12 PM
Was minging and I'm a former smoker. Also out of order for the bairns in the toilet. If you canny no inflict yer smoke on others, ****ing wait til you won't. It's ignorant and out of order.

Leishy1995
27-05-2013, 12:15 PM

Spoke to the smokers? On this we can't stop them and if you have a problem just say, not everyone will punch you'll for it

27-05-2013, 12:23 PM
I thought you could get outside at hampden for a smoke at half time? You could at last years semi and final.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 03:32 PM
I thought you could get outside at hampden for a smoke at half time? You could at last years semi and final.

Only in the East stand.
I was in the North and when I went for my half time p the stewards were in telling everyone to put their fags out or they'll be out.
Boy next to me had one of them e cig things. Didn't realize they actually gave of smoke. Couple of guys were telling him to put it out and he explained what it was. Remember thinking to myself this could get nasty.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 03:38 PM
:confused: Is it just me or could the above quote be taken two ways ?

:lol:

KingFranck
27-05-2013, 03:47 PM
Spoke to the smokers? On this we can't stop them and if you have a problem just say, not everyone will punch you'll for it

:agree: Had my wee boy at a home match and he was desperate for the loo at half time. All 6 cubicles engaged and was standing waiting for a free one with him. Guy with a fag in hand barged in front of us and I asked if he was only going for a smoke - yes was the response so I said any chance the wee lad can get in before you before he does one in his pants! He agreed - easy a smoker but a good Hibby too :flag::flag::flag:

kdhibees1
27-05-2013, 04:58 PM
http://img195.imageshack.us/edit_preview.php?l=img195/1839/js174878081913963.jpg&action=rotate

TRC
27-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Why should you not be allowed to smoke in your seat it's an open space, honestly people need to have a word. I'm sure there was far more illegal activities going on in the bathrooms yesterday. but I agree we should have smoking areas for us horrible people who enjoy a smoke.

marinello59
27-05-2013, 05:16 PM
Why should you not be allowed to smoke in your seat it's an open space, honestly people need to have a word. I'm sure there was far more illegal activities going on in the bathrooms yesterday. but I agree we should have smoking areas for us horrible people who enjoy a smoke.

Legally it isn't. It is enclosed enough to fall under the same regulations as pubs etc.
I have no problem with having a smoking area in the stadium's outside areas.

crewetollhibee
27-05-2013, 05:35 PM
Only in the East stand.
I was in the North and when I went for my half time p the stewards were in telling everyone to put their fags out or they'll be out.
Boy next to me had one of them e cig things. Didn't realize they actually gave of smoke. Couple of guys were telling him to put it out and he explained what it was. Remember thinking to myself this could get nasty.

Use an E Cig myself; it isn't smoke that's emitted, it's actually water vapour. No more harmful than standing next to a boiling kettle. Like garlic bread, it's the future. :wink:

IWasThere2016
27-05-2013, 06:03 PM

If you give smokers a smoking area - they simply light up on the way to it.

Not right that the officials did nothing about it.

pontius pilate
27-05-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm a smoker and don't use the toilets to light up the stench from them yesterday was bad.

Jonnyboy
27-05-2013, 06:54 PM

It's not just the pies that Killie get right :agree:

Jeez, how long ago were you last in a nightclub? :greengrin

Golden Bear
27-05-2013, 07:10 PM
If you give smokers a smoking area - they simply light up on the way to it.

Not right that the officials did nothing about it.

They did but going by this thread only on an isolated occasion. There was a guy on our bus who was evicted by the stewards at half time for the apparent crime of intending to smoke! He said he was in the process of making a roll up when the stewards warned him to stop otherwise he'd be thrown out. He never actually lit up but was still evicted and watched the second half in a pub. The guy was 50+, not a troublemaker, and the fag would definitely be of the tobacco variety. Seems as though he was well and truly victimised going by some of the other posts on this thread!