PDA

View Full Version : Scott Brown

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 03:59 PM
There will undoubtedly be a post mortem in the hours and days to come.

However hopefully we can all agree that Brown is an erse. Was an erse when the Mackay/Jackson thing happened, was an erse when he put in a transfer request, was an erse for his part in the infamous Scotland squad piss up and is an erse every time he pulls on a Celtc shirt.

Classless jumped up wee ned of a bawbag.

18Craig75
26-05-2013, 04:00 PM
Ran the show today though

Speedway
26-05-2013, 04:02 PM
He can afford to be an arse, he's done more with his career than our team put together.

Betty Boop
26-05-2013, 04:03 PM
Celtic are a different team when he is playing.

hibee19
26-05-2013, 04:05 PM
I remember when we were signing Thomson the rhetoric was Thomson bad guy, Brown good guy. On the bright side it shows progress in Scotland that Celtic fans are so willing to accept a die hard hun :thumbsup:

easty
26-05-2013, 04:06 PM
Ran the show, with ease today.

Hainan Hibs
26-05-2013, 04:11 PM
And from reading on here Thomshun was going to have him in his pocket :faf:

Hibs 7
26-05-2013, 04:14 PM
He the mom for me...

ScottB
26-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Did his black eye come from Claros?

Highlight of the game was probably him getting right in Brown's face...

Hibs90
26-05-2013, 04:16 PM
Brown controlled the game.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Not disputing he's a good player but he's also a dick.

carnoustiehibee
26-05-2013, 04:20 PM
The kinda player we need. Fenlon had to have him man marked and someone should put the boot in early.

easty
26-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Not disputing he's a good player but he's also a dick.

Wish we had a dick like that in midfield, or as captain. Lifts them up all the time.

hibee19
26-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Everyones aware he's a good player...but so was Skacel.

PeeJay
26-05-2013, 04:24 PM

However hopefully we can all agree that Brown is an erse. Was an erse when the Mackay/Jackson thing happened, was an erse when he put in a transfer request, was an erse for his part in the infamous Scotland squad piss up and is an erse every time he pulls on a Celtc shirt.

Overrated - some people think he "ruled the game" today when mostly he passed the ball backwards or sideways - one or two successful passes forward to a team mate does not make for a class player. If he really was any good he'd be playing in one of the big leagues. He isn't and he isn't.

hibee_girl
26-05-2013, 04:33 PM
We used to love him behaving like that in a Hibs top

easty
26-05-2013, 04:33 PM
Overrated - some people think he "ruled the game" today when mostly he passed the ball backwards or sideways - one or two successful passes forward to a team mate does not make for a class player. If he really was any good he'd be playing in one of the big leagues. He isn't and he isn't.

Nonsense. The sooner we get players used to keeping the ball and finding feet the better. Got to get rid of our ***** 'get the ba' up the park' attitude.

I mean that as a nation, not specifically Hibs.

cabbageandribs1875
26-05-2013, 04:34 PM

indeed :agree: some of the bitterness on here about scott brown is quite bizarre

hfc rd
26-05-2013, 04:35 PM

This.

Kenny1875
26-05-2013, 04:35 PM
It's a shame no one went within 10 yards of him.

BroxburnHibee
26-05-2013, 04:39 PM
He didn't run the show - Stokes did.

PeeJay
26-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Nonsense. The sooner we get players used to keeping the ball and finding feet the better. Got to get rid of our ***** 'get the ba' up the park' attitude.

I mean that as a nation, not specifically Hibs.

Your right about get the ball up the park (not something I advocated) but I feel your'e mistaken about Brown - people thinking he's great is a sure sign of a footballing nation that is hopelessly lost IMO

Winston Ingram
26-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I'm no gonnae slag him off. Same will to win that we all lived when he was here. Best player on the pitch by a street. Ran the show

Craig_in_Prague
26-05-2013, 04:46 PM
**** loser. Easy life playing for the sellick eh.

Grow a set and do it in a better country.

Stokes And Hooper were the difference.

The Sea-gull
26-05-2013, 04:50 PM
It's a shame no one went within 10 yards of him.

Yip. Think I would look good if given time to strut and stroll around the park unchallenged. And I am shight.

Captain Trips
26-05-2013, 04:55 PM
Brown is an erse and unfortunatly today made an erse of our midfield, criminal time allowed on the ball.

marjoriebanks
26-05-2013, 04:59 PM
A good player playing in a better team than we one we had today. No disgrace to lose and here's hoping we continue onwards and upwards.

BoltonHibee
26-05-2013, 05:15 PM

Agree, different class. Claros shat himself after the confrontation.

MSK
26-05-2013, 05:21 PM
Agree, different class. Claros shat himself after the confrontation.Aye right, sure Claros was kakking his pants fi Brown :tee hee: ..brought up in Honduras ...v brought up in Hill o Beath ...:greengrin

carnoustiehibee
26-05-2013, 05:22 PM

Don't think he shat it. The guy has been shot twice. Midfield shoulda took it in turns to hit him hard in 1st half. Brown was put off more after that than claros

The Sea-gull
26-05-2013, 05:25 PM
Don't think he shat it. The guy has been shot twice. Midfield shoulda took it in turns to hit him hard in 1st half. Brown was put off more after that than claros

Ha ha. Hilarious. Love it when this gets peddled out. Claros has been shot at so means he is brave like some sort of war hero.

BoltonHibee
26-05-2013, 05:31 PM
No he didn't, he got booked. Had to be more careful after that, and Brown was just allowed too much time and space to dictate the game. And Brown's wannabe "hard man" posturing only served to get himself booked.

Didn't Brown get booked as well?

Mr White
26-05-2013, 05:34 PM
Brown and Celtc are perfectly suited to each other- happy to dish it out but can't take it back at all.

clerriehibs
26-05-2013, 05:36 PM
That's what I meant. Claros was booked for the challenge,but Brown managed to get himself booked for his antics afterwards, or that's how it seemed to me.

Claros was only booked because of brown's antics

God Petrie
26-05-2013, 05:37 PM
Tricky one cos I love claros but I used to love him doing the same noising up of the opposition in a hibs top. Classless tho.

Steve-O
26-05-2013, 05:37 PM

Agreed.

hibee19
26-05-2013, 05:49 PM
Tricky one cos I love claros but I used to love him doing the same noising up of the opposition in a hibs top. Classless tho.

As football fans we should stop thinking we should have to be reasoned. He was here and we loved him. He moved to one of the ugly sisters so we hate him. Hibs fans had no problem hating KT or Murray.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 05:52 PM
He might be an arse but he was easily the best player on the pitch today, by a mile.

None of our players could get anywhere near him for the whole game.

Beefster
26-05-2013, 05:52 PM

Aye, ****ing hilarious.

Two hours after Celtic spanked us in a national cup final and we still have folk wanting to have a circle jerk over Scott Brown.

SkintHibby
26-05-2013, 05:57 PM
Scott Brown is a man of very limited intelligence so i refuse to get upset at his shennanigans today. he supports hibs when not on celtic duty.

Thecat23
26-05-2013, 05:59 PM
What I'd do to have Brown back in our team. He was the same with us. Everyone hated him bar ourselves. The lad never came out training mode today. That's how to run a midfield like it or not.

NOLA
26-05-2013, 06:01 PM
he's the type of player you love him on your team and you hate him when he's not, he's a good player.

CRAZYHIBBY
26-05-2013, 06:11 PM
Browns a big man on the pitch but his true colours shone through the night he got smacked in the teeth and tried to hide behind the bouncers after mouthing off to an ex hibs youth player

neil7908
26-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Two best players on the park today were ex-Hibees, Stokes and Brown. Cant honestly say any other Celtic players really stood out for me (although they looked a really good unit)

Paisley Hibby
26-05-2013, 07:00 PM
Did his black eye come from Claros?

Highlight of the game was probably him getting right in Brown's face...

Agree with that. Just after they both got booked Brown was doing his usual mouthing and pointing thing trying to intimidate Claros and the big screen suddenly cut to a shot of Claros who was just laughing at him.

However, if Brown had not been playing today I think we might have won.

paul_hfc3
26-05-2013, 07:04 PM
Scott Brown was and still is my favorite football player I've ever watched playing for Hibs as a kid. He is a brilliant character too. Loves the club he plays for and has tremendous patter on and off the field. He should and hopefully is seen as one of Hibs best players of recent times.

Hibby Bairn
26-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Thought Brown was tremendous. Absolutely owned the whole midfield.

I quietly applauded him off the park when he was subbed.

judas
26-05-2013, 07:13 PM

He wisnae an erse when he behaved like that for Hibs.

Get over it. He is a competitive and aggressive player. Nout wrong with a bit o that.

Baader
26-05-2013, 07:36 PM
An annoying little mouth of a player who for some inexplicable reason fancies himself as a bit of a 'hard man.' He's anything but.

Did not have the balls to test himself at a higher level which he undoubtedly could have. Content to be a big fish in a small pond. A bottler in my book

judas
26-05-2013, 08:15 PM
An annoying little mouth of a player who for some inexplicable reason fancies himself as a bit of a 'hard man.' He's anything but.

Did not have the balls to test himself at a higher level which he undoubtedly could have. Content to be a big fish in a small pond. A bottler in my book

Don't be ridiculous.

Baader
26-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Don't be ridiculous.

What's ridiculous about it?

Seveno
26-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Sat pretty deep and ran the show. A clever dick.

Devilstorment
26-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Lennon sent Brown out to do what he is best at be aggressive and get in the Hibs players faces. He scared Harris a bit after clattering him and was trying it and doing it with Claros, till Claros bit back (not in a Suarez kind of way)

People have it bang on, when he was at Hibs he was great, no he is at one of the Bigot Brothers = Bellend

judas
26-05-2013, 08:26 PM
What's ridiculous about it?

I don't remember him being a bottler on the park for hibs.
He is not a bottler on the park for Celtic or Scotland.
He is playing for a club that makes the CL every year and the last 16 this year.
He is close to his family and seems to be comfortable in Scotland.

By what reasonable deduction could he be deemed 'a bottler'?

Baader
26-05-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't remember him being a bottler on the park for hibs.
He is not a bottler on the park for Celtic or Scotland.
He is playing for a club that makes the CL every year and the last 16 this year.
He is close to his family and seems to be comfortable in Scotland.

By what reasonable deduction could he be deemed 'a bottler'?

Refer to my previous post. For not testing himself at a higher level his talents deserve.

green day
26-05-2013, 08:36 PM
Refer to my previous post. For not testing himself at a higher level his talents deserve.

Indeed. £50k per week at Celtic - laughable.

Nae bottle, happy to amass titles instead of going down south.

*****r

BH Hibs
26-05-2013, 08:45 PM
Load of nonsense the guy done what he's been asked to do for them all year. Wouldn't ever cheer him playing for them but the guy done his job well today and I think he has respect for Hibs as well

carnoustiehibee
26-05-2013, 08:52 PM
Ha ha. Hilarious. Love it when this gets peddled out. Claros has been shot at so means he is brave like some sort of war hero.

I didn't say that tho pigeon. I sai why would claros **** himself against brown when he's went thro what he has. No war hero

EH6 Hibby
26-05-2013, 08:56 PM

You seem to be quite happy about this.

macca70
26-05-2013, 09:02 PM
He's an erse.

Got the foul but still felt the need to point in Claros's face and mouth off.

Get up and get on with the game ya tool, the ref gave the foul.

TrinityHibs
26-05-2013, 09:02 PM

He didn't. I thought Claros had a great game today. Probably as good as Brown. Never backed down.

Baader
26-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Indeed. £50k per week at Celtic - laughable.

Nae bottle, happy to amass titles instead of going down south.

*****r

You don't think he was good enough to play outwith the SPL? Got a lot more respect for someone like Fletch who is absolutely making the most of his footballing ability by testing himself against a good level of opposition every week. Can't say the same for brown when Celtic play the likes of Dundee at Parkhead...

No idea what relevance his wages have in any of this...

Nothing against the guy liked him for us but my allegiance is with hibs and he didn't like it when claros gave him a bit back today. Part and parcel I'm afraid

Benny Brazil
26-05-2013, 09:04 PM

Because our midfield left him in the first half.

eastterrace
26-05-2013, 09:25 PM

what a load o tosh he ran the show today get over it , small pond big fish what a load o pish

Baader
26-05-2013, 09:33 PM
what a load o tosh he ran the show today get over it , small pond big fish what a load o pish

You get over it. I was supporting hibs no Scott brown!

Andy Bee
26-05-2013, 09:49 PM
He's certainly got more than a touch of arrogance about him on the pitch which will always get the opposition fans and teams backs up but since he's been back from his injury he's now showing the form he used to show at Hibs, something that's been missing since he signed for Celtic IMO. It must be noted though that he's playing just in front of the back four which allows him more time in possession but negates those driving runs we all used to love him for at ER. FWIW I thought Claros matched up well against him. The bigger problem was letting Stokes have free reign to ping the ball in at will and a player like Hooper to be available for the crosses.

What's more annoying is we used to have two out of the three players mentioned at Hibs.

Clinical finishing beat us today,a mixture of Stokes and Hooper

mmmmhibby
26-05-2013, 09:49 PM
ffs, at least we looked like a team!!! young harris and foster have played blinders for me. onwards and upwards!!!

DH1875
27-05-2013, 03:06 AM
Without reading the whole thread I'll agree he is an arse but his comments the day regarding the Hibs fans was top class :aok:.

miller99
27-05-2013, 03:22 AM
He didn't run the show - Stokes did.

Stokes was different class today. Came back to centre half to pick up the ball.

greenteam
27-05-2013, 03:24 AM
Id love to slag him off. However, If he wasnt playing today.... (we had a chance)
Apart from that I want to fight him lol
Apart from that I wish he still played for us, made our pitbull look like a poodle...
love or hate him, he knows what hes doing

ManBearPig
27-05-2013, 04:47 AM
Wasnt this the same Scott Brown who donated part of his signing on fee to the ER youth setup?

Hiber-nation
27-05-2013, 07:28 AM
He didn't. I thought Claros had a great game today. Probably as good as Brown. Never backed down.

Naah...Claros never got near him.

Scònaldò
27-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Without reading the whole thread I'll agree he is an arse but his comments the day regarding the Hibs fans was top class :aok:.

Sorry I missed that, what was he saying?

neilmartinrocks
27-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Call me cynical but as soon as the brown one got booked and started throwing the toys out the pram someone should have went in again and got him sent off. Arrogant **** who thinks he can play dirty but noone is allowed to do it to him.

Scottie
27-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Big time Charlie

Got what he needed out of Hibs and we also got a great fee out of it (FFS never worth 4.5 million)

Canny understand the "love in" wi this maggot

27-05-2013, 11:19 AM
A mouthy, arrogant, hot head but he commands the midfield and gets in players faces, we need a player like that. He loves winding up the opposition fans and getting a reaction.

SMAXXA
27-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Yip. Think I would look good if given time to strut and stroll around the park unchallenged. And I am shight.

Brown is an erse and unfortunatly today made an erse of our midfield, criminal time allowed on the ball.

:agree: Folk saying he was different class etc etc, FFS we gave him all the time in the world to sit on the ball and dictate, the failing was from us the fact we didn't press him or even get Doyle to drop off and just stick on him. Cut of the supply and he would have looked as ordinary as Commons did. Disappointed with Hibs in this respect. I agree though he's a wee prick, canny stand him.

Holmesdale Hibs
27-05-2013, 11:36 AM
He wisnae an erse when he behaved like that for Hibs.

Get over it. He is a competitive and aggressive player. Nout wrong with a bit o that.

Agree. I remember he used to act the same way towards Paul Hartley and I can't remember many folk calling him an erse then. Same when he's doing it for Scotland.

Credit where it's due, I thought brown played well.

Mr White
27-05-2013, 12:01 PM
Arrogant **** who thinks he can play dirty but noone is allowed to do it to him.
:agree: good player though and bossed the midfield yesterday.

chrisski33
27-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Two best players on the park today were ex-Hibees, Stokes and Brown. Cant honestly say any other Celtic players really stood out for me (although they looked a really good unit)

Yup ex players always seem to be able to run ring round us we shud be avle to use our knowledge of their play to stop them!
I dread to think that Harris, forster and caldwell will be poached in the near future and come back and haunt us

JohnStephens91
27-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Neddy welt with a head like a horse. Good player though, but a bit of a **** on the pitch.

Diclonius
27-05-2013, 12:41 PM

What did he say?

NAE NOOKIE
27-05-2013, 12:51 PM
As far as I can see Scott Brown knew exactly what he was doing. I watched the tackle on Sportscene last night and it was a pretty standard misstimed challenge which might have been a wee bit painfull, but nothing more than that.

His over the top reaction was calculated to 1 ) get Claros booked and 2 ) make the ref penalise any challenge on him for the rest of the game. Like the ref needed any encouragement, coz he pretty well penalised every challenge Hibs made from the first whistle. Every time a Hibs player looked at one of their lot they fell down and got a free kick from a very accommodating ref.

If that isnt the case then he is a wee cry baby who needs to man up.

Brown had a very good game yesterday because we stood off him and let him play. Hell, the first thing Hibs should have done after his over reaction to Claros challenge should have been to pile into him every time he was on the ball.

As for Claros crapping himself as another poster said .... what a load of tosh. Getting shot doesnt come into this, I dont know a lot about football in Honduras, but I would be willing to bet that you wont get far in Honduran football if you are a whimp.

One thing I do know ..... the apparent love in that a few Hibbies have had with Scott Brown is over. Compared to a lot of Hibs players who have gone to the OF he has had a pretty easy ride from us for whatever reason. And in that I include folk who are genuine Hibs fans like Ian Murray who got dogs abuse when he came back to ER.