PDA

View Full Version : Hibs Fans

heidtheba
26-05-2013, 03:51 PM
Massive well done - sounded great at the end and looked good. There's a lesson in supporting. Result wasn't what we wanted but fans did the team proud.
:flag:

Vault Boy
26-05-2013, 03:57 PM
The only reason I'm not devastated right now. A different class to anything else in the country.

hibee19
26-05-2013, 04:09 PM
Best fans in the world. I haven't been back since May last year for various reasons but seeing that makes me want to be back again. I'll be there when the season kicks off.

Speedy
26-05-2013, 04:17 PM
Can you hear the Celtic sing, can you hear a f'ing thing?

Allant1981
26-05-2013, 04:25 PM
Just back at the car and we were immense as a support today, pity the team werent as good

hibIBZ
26-05-2013, 04:26 PM
Support was incredible, very proud of everything hibs except the result

mondacabbage
26-05-2013, 04:30 PM
To the 20000 septic fans who gave up on YNWA GIRFUY. Best fans in the world my a**e

hibsmum
26-05-2013, 04:31 PM
Well done to you all, showed the rest how it's done!

hibee_girl
26-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Proud to have been a part of that today :agree:

Notahappyhibee
Fans 10 out 10 Hibs team 4 out 10

HFC07
We were amazing (I mean the fans) troughout the game. My throat hurts so much from singing.

hfc rd
26-05-2013, 04:33 PM
One word - Magnificent!

Heisenberg
26-05-2013, 04:36 PM
Nearly brought a tear to the eye when we all just burst into song in the last 10 minutes. Brilliant stuff.

Bishop Hibee
26-05-2013, 04:42 PM
Without doubt the best support I've seen the fans give the team especially given the way the game went. Gutted at the result but very very proud to be a Hibee.

Captain Trips
26-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Just back from the match and IMO that was the best I have seen support in many a long time, lost game but owned the stands 10/10 from before, during and after game. There will be plenty to discuss about match but I want this really to hopefully just remain about the support as we deserve it.

Proud to have been in amongst that today.

TomoHFC
26-05-2013, 04:45 PM
Brillant just coming back and my thoat is still sore

Craig_in_Prague
26-05-2013, 04:47 PM
I wish u all had something to actually celebrate one day.

Pretty Boy
26-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Absolutely stunning support.

It hurts that we care so much and groups of Celtc fans are strolling up the road not giving a **** that there team has just won a Scottish Cup.

Everyone that sang there hearts out in the last few minutes should be proud.

coco22
26-05-2013, 04:50 PM
Superb. Not at the game but commented several times during the game - 'that's us makin the noise'. Should have heads held high

tanfield
26-05-2013, 04:50 PM
as others have said, I feel very proud to have been part of that support today. Hibs fans - you were immense! !

TAHibby
26-05-2013, 04:54 PM
Crazy but I think I've felt worse after a run-of-the-mill league game... Support was ****ing fantastic after the whistle, proud to have been a part of it.

One Day Soon
26-05-2013, 04:54 PM
So proud to have been part of that Hibs support today. The Yams think they killed us last year? We're just getting started. ****ing awesome support showing how it should be done. As they say - not Bigger, just Better.

greengnome
26-05-2013, 04:56 PM
Just back from the match and IMO that was the best I have seen support in many a long time, lost game but owned the stands 10/10 from before, during and after game. There will be plenty to discuss about match but I want this really to hopefully just remain about the support as we deserve it.

I believe the Celtic fans were applauding the Hibs fans.... Well done you all, supported the team all the way through.... Respect!

Sad about the result, but not of being a Hibby.... GGTTH. :flag::thumbsup:

Twiglet
26-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Proud to be Hibby right now. Was brilliant at the end when everyone was singing/chanting. Behind our team til the end. :-) Thought the Celtic fans were poor considering they were winning.

tanfield
26-05-2013, 04:57 PM
as others have said, I feel very proud to have been part of that support today. Hibs fans - you were immense! !

SlickShoes
26-05-2013, 04:58 PM
any photos of the display before the game? I couldn't see it from under my green card.

I felt totally dejected after the second goal, but singing away through the second half and at the end of the game made me feel a whole lot better, I am happy I'm a hibby, a great support once again let down by the guys on the park, all we can do is keep supporting them, it'll happen one day, we may not see it but someone will and i hope when they do they have a ****ing fantastic time.

sleeping giant
26-05-2013, 04:59 PM
Fans were great today.
We got beat from a better team. Always next year :-)

Boyle89
26-05-2013, 05:24 PM
We were a credit to the club and today's performance (by us fans) was one of the most loyal and positive anyone could ever witness. Singing as the match finished and after it was superb. We'll support you ever more!!

LancashireHibby
26-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Tremendous act of defiance when the singing broke out all over the place towards the end. Shame we didn't really have much to sing about.

whiskyhibby
26-05-2013, 05:36 PM

Couldn't agree more we were fantastic today, stayed behind the team even when the Celtic goals went in..,...,..... well done all Hibbies that were there today

sbell1875
26-05-2013, 05:39 PM
Me and my wee sister left just after they started going round their fans and there were Celtic fans just behind us in the train que back to Central station.

Even more bizarrely there were already Celtic fans at Queen Street station before us.

I only heard them from the middle of the north stand after each goal and for you'll never walk alone.

We on the other hand were a credit. Confirming 100% to me we are and forever will be better fans than that lot. But sadly that wins you nothing in football.

Sir David Gray
26-05-2013, 06:01 PM
I couldn't bring myself to join in with any of the singing near the end as I was so gutted (still am to be honest) but to witness that kind of support when the outcome of the match was beyond doubt was pretty special.

Absolutely magnificent backing there today and if it had been a contest between the two sets of fans, we would have won that by a mile.

If that's the sort of support we give when we've just lost a cup final, I can only imagine what it'll be like when we actually manage to win the thing.

Outstanding.

keithkeith
26-05-2013, 06:14 PM
95% of the Hibs support stayed to the end and cheered the team on and applauded them getting their medals. Singing, dancing. You would have thought we won the Cup, not Celtic!

So proud to be a Hibs fan tonight. Support was immense, given the fact it's another massive disappointment!

Church in the Hill before the game was immense as well...

GGTTH

Bostonhibby
26-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Massive well done - sounded great at the end and looked good. There's a lesson in supporting. Result wasn't what we wanted but fans did the team proud.

Highlight of the day, still singing like we're winning, proud to be a hibby.

madabouthibs
26-05-2013, 06:36 PM
My throat is rasping! That, even though we lost was just the best day out. Even on the bus afterwards we were driving through the Tims giving them laldy and they applauded us! Lol
We are Hibernian, we'll park where we want!

neil7908
26-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Nearly brought a tear to the eye when we all just burst into song in the last 10 minutes. Brilliant stuff.

Embarrassed to say but thats how I felt aswell. A wee lump in my throat going into the last few minutes with the game winding down and thousands of Hibees still singing their hearts out.

Thats probably the one enduring memory I'll take from the game and hopefully we'll see a bit more of that next season.

GreenCastle
26-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Hibs fans were amazing today - the first part of the game - the noise was unbelievable. Obviously when they scored the goals it dropped but the 2nd half and at full time the fans stayed around the sang away more than Celtic who had just won the cup! Celtic fans were clapping us and look shocked to see such great support.

Truly amazing memory and scenes and when we finally do win the cup I can hardly imagine what's going to happen.

From the card display to the positive support - well done all those who got behind the team - the key now is to challenge for 2nd next season.

Lester B
26-05-2013, 06:47 PM
So proud to have been part of that Hibs support today. The Yams think they killed us last year? We're just getting started. ****ing awesome support showing how it should be done. As they say - not Bigger, just Better.

Could not agree more! Well said sir!:flag:

The Gorf
26-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Brillant just coming back and my thoat is still sore

Congrats to Rutherglen Bowling Club again. We were there before the start and they were braw. Free pies but we left a donation. :flag:

OsloHibs
26-05-2013, 06:49 PM
On the way back and I echo what's been said in that I was very Proud to have been a part of the amazing Hibs support today.

You couldn't hear the Celtic fans until they scored :bitchy: Best fans in the world were totally outsung by us Hibees.

Imagine if we had won eh :wink:

MurrayfieldHibs
26-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Awesome support today. My 7 year old son was at his first final and I had to explain to him why we were singing when we were losing 3-0!

We need to develop a team that can lift their game for cup finals.

GGTTH

NorthNorfolkHFC
26-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Superb performance from fans, looked like the players were genuinely gutted not to have given us the cup.

On a slightly more annoying point, I left the ground and passed a house where a wee boy with glasses (roughly 7 years old) was holding up the 5-1 sign and smiling. Anyone that noticed had a laugh however one lovely gent noticed jumped the hedge into his front garden pointing and shouting at him called him a "specky little prick" and a "wee ****ing jambo ********" at this point the wee fellas was crying to which him and his mates spat on their living room window. It's boys like him that may give us a bad name. Well played to the young lassie who called him a disgrace as well.

Baker9
26-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Congrats to Rutherglen Bowling Club again. We were there before the start and they were braw. Free pies but we left a donation. :flag:
Hibs class :not worth

Hibby Gav
26-05-2013, 06:58 PM
Throat killing me but proud to be a Hibby, maybe second on the pitch but we owned them in the stands...proud to have been a part of it
GGTTH

:pfgwa

davhibby
26-05-2013, 07:02 PM
I would have left Hampden distraught had it not been for the late sing song. It doesn't feel as bad after that!

Hibs Class
26-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Special atmosphere there today, rarely heard the Celtc fans, and we kept going to the end and beyond.

Centre Hawf
26-05-2013, 07:14 PM
Our cabinets would be more cramped than a Chilean mine shaft, you's were all absolutely brilliant today and this club in my opinion is one of the best supported clubs in Britain for the passion and commitment.

I had the misfortune of being in the Celtic end working and I have to say, after Full Time all i could hear was Hibs fans and you would think it was us that had won 3-0. Today's result wasn't what we wanted but we will roll again next season and support this club just like we have year after year. Keep the faith.

GGTTH
WSYEM

wookie70
26-05-2013, 07:15 PM
my 10 year old son asked why we were singing so much at the end. I replied we will never have the best team but that doesnt stop us being the best supporters

AlbertK86
26-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Fans were absolutely magnificent.

I can hardly talk I'm that hoarse.

The backing we gave the team throughout the last twenty minutes was phenomenol.

That has to be the biggest and loudest Allez Allez Allez oh yet .... The place was absolutely bouncin

Incredible loyalty and backing in a game where we were well beaten. Any body watching elsewhere must have wondered what was going on

Well done everybody who got there today

Special mention for madhibby ... Thanks mate for the tickets. Wouldn't have missed that show of defiance from the fans for the world

Cannae wait for the atmosphere when we eventually win it

Frogga
26-05-2013, 07:24 PM
I was really proud to be a Hibee at the end of that game today! Average fans sing when they are winning, Good fans sing when they are losing, Great fans sing when they are losing 3-0 in a cup final.

dp00
26-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Just watched the last 5 mins of game and you can only hear hibs fans

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

.Whitey.
26-05-2013, 07:28 PM
Proud to be a hibby, great support today

The Beastie Bus
26-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Not just class today but World Class!
Just back, 4 SC finals attended, 4 defeats, but who cares when we've got a support like that!

Well done all you Hibees.
:not worth

ColintonHibs
26-05-2013, 07:38 PM
Amazing support today! We are Hibernian fc!

ALF TUPPER
26-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Seems Celtc support applauded us at the end when wr drowned out YNWA . Easy when youve won the cup, i know. Bur , they knew who the best support is.

Oscar T Grouch
26-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Thats me just back fi the game, and truth be told, I'm no that devastated, we were outplayed and out muscled on the day, teh boys gave it their all. The support was amazing today. At the start we drowned out YNWA and at the end you could only hear Hibees singing. Most fans stayed and cheered the team at the end, a few left early (after third goal) but the vast majority stayed to cheer the boys.

When the team made it round to the north stand you could see they were devastated for us. I have never been prouder to be a Hibee than today, we were, if I do say so myself *****g immense.

PS it was good to meet some of the more notorious .netters there today too :wink::greengrin

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa:hibees

Scouse Hibee
26-05-2013, 08:02 PM
The fans on the whole were magnificent today :agree:

Special mention to the fat bird and her boyfriend behind me and the other couple of clowns further along the row behind me who's constant vile abuse of Ref/Maybury/Brown/McGivern to name but a few resulted in the wee boy further along the row with his Dad being that **** scared of their shouting/swearing that he burst into tears and forced his Dad to leave. I know people are entitled to voice their opinions but a great shame that this wee boys day was ruined because of them.

Was at Glasgow Indoor Bowling Club prior to the game, great location less than 10 minute walk to the ground.

scoopyboy
26-05-2013, 08:05 PM
I am disappointed we didn't win the cup, but I am proud of the Hibs support today.

Last year I thought the Hibs support were piss poor, I stayed till the end but there weren't many.

Today we had three buses running to the final and had a great time before the match at Templeton Bowling Club in Rutherglen.

At the end of the game it was if we had won the cup and not Celtic, we outsang them.

Got back to Tranent and Celtic fans were first to congratulate us on our contribution, not what I wanted to hear if the truth be known but it made me feel a wee bit better.

In the past I have posted the bigger the Hibs support the poorer it is, but hey not today.

I feel we aren't far away.

GGTTH.

Scoopyboy

Curly1875
26-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I don't ever think I've seen a support quite as good as that! To be 3-0 down in the final of our national tournament and to still be singing like that, easily out doing 'the worlds best support' is incredible. I was absolutely gutted to have lost again but those last 10 minutes and even after the whistle made feel much better and makes be so proud to be a hibs fan. See ye's all same time next year ;)

Sudds_1
26-05-2013, 08:15 PM
Proud to have been a part of that today :agree:

me too.......simply immense from all the Hibs support.

Makaveli
26-05-2013, 08:20 PM
Today we gave the self-proclaimed Greatest Fans in the World a lesson in true support.

Hibernian forever.

Seveno
26-05-2013, 08:21 PM
Like other posters, I was proud to be a Hibby at the end. If we had 15,000 like that every week at ER, we would be invincible.

scoopyboy
26-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Like other posters, I was proud to be a Hibby at the end. If we had 15,000 like that every week at ER, we would be invincible.

That is what we have to strive for.

Benny Brazil
26-05-2013, 08:26 PM
Not long back from the game - dont feel disappointed at the outcome, didnt go through with any high expectations - but the day was worthwhile just for the last 10mins of the game and after it - simply awesome. Celtc fans didnt know what to do when we burst into song - shows how much we care.

Am resigned to never seeing us win that cup - but if we continue to support the team like that then we can hold our heads high.

BH Hibs
26-05-2013, 08:27 PM
Any time I tried to sing at the end got a bit emotional great support and we'll never be mastered

Green Man
26-05-2013, 08:28 PM
I felt awful when their 3rd went in. The feeling only lasted about 10 minutes though as we sang and bounced, don't think I've ever felt so proud to be a Hibs fan. The whole support was brilliant today, well done everyone :flag:

oldbiker
26-05-2013, 08:32 PM
That last ten minutes was awesome and emotional roll on next year :pfgwa

green day
26-05-2013, 08:34 PM
We were ****** brilliant today. Tic fans? Nothing to me, nothing at all.

We lost the game, but regained something inside after last year. I feel........OK - oddly

Fergus52
26-05-2013, 08:38 PM
We were ****ing brilliant.

Outsang them from start to finish, even after the final whistle.

Big ten out of ten to the fans

:flag::flag::flag:

zosohibee
26-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I think the singing was to congratulate ourselves and show the "best fans in the world" (they really believe this) that we were better in the stands. Celtic were better all day but although Hibs battled they still weren't on top form, those two goals were sloppy as ****. I honestly don't think those players deserved what we gave them today. I was singing for the club, it will outlast those pretty bad representatives that were on the park today. Haven't been on the main site yet, cant be bothered with the usual official apologies. If anything it will make them want to win, just to see what happens when they do. Chant of the day... We'll support you evermore

TrinityHibs
26-05-2013, 08:49 PM
Ignore the result. What a support. What a f swear filter ing support. That felt like a win today. Just watched the highlights and Sky had to boost the Celtc singing. They were f swear filter ing owned.

S4uzee
26-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Not long back from the game. I thought the support was excellent today and i am very surprised that many stayed behind.
At the end, that was only like 10% of what it would have been like if we had managed to do it.
I am still young and that was my fifth final, only seeing us win once and it is no easier getting over the disappointment but i live in hope that i witness along with others a Scottish cup win
GGTTH

Viva_Palmeiras
26-05-2013, 08:53 PM
That is what we have to strive for.

Just goes to show what can happen when the fans and support are together.
Pride has been mentioned a lot I wondered how things would go 20 mins from time I think after last year there was a collective realisation we had to stand by the players - that had done so well to get to the final with some magical and iconic moment. Pride took a dunt a number of times last year. This cup run and the performance in the post split games has gone some way to making amends.

Dibben
26-05-2013, 09:17 PM

Was going to say the exact same thing.

If we could get that kind of atmosphere at ER next season, we'd do sooo much better.

Alfred E Newman
26-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Great stuff from the fans at the end. We were well beaten today by a far superior squad of players but the experience will stand the likes of Harris, Handling, Caldwell and Forster in good stead for the future. A lot of the old problems remain but there is still a lot to be positive about.

Eckie
26-05-2013, 09:24 PM
I must agree,the fans were brilliant today,almost burst into tears with the sunshine on leith rendition before the game and loved how the majority stayed at the end to sing their hearts out!!,absolute class!

nic81
26-05-2013, 09:32 PM
Left Arbroath this morning at 08.30 just got back about 1 hour ago, today at the final whistle i have never been more proud to be a hibernian supporter! The team let us down again, nothing new there and i hope they are embarrassed and ashamed that they couldn't give even a bit of what we gave them! The scenes at the final whistle will live with me forever, makes me so glad i am not a poisonous vile maroon loving individual!:flag::pfgwa:hibees

GavinHarris 10
26-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Well done to everybody there. Supported the team fantastically throughout and showed how good our supporters are. Great day except the football as always. We'll win it one day

lucky
26-05-2013, 09:47 PM
On way home now. The support was great. Made me very proud. #GGTTH

down-the-slope
26-05-2013, 09:56 PM
Beaten by the better team (but plenty fight and some good play, but failed to take chances as they did)...however the support which has been sometimes awful in big games with irregular fans particularly intolerant...today were magnificent and showed that being a 'supporter' when it really is that is quite awesome....i'm watching highlights and its bringing it all back......a weekend i won't forget and these days of some pride are what will make the day we win it all the better.....

FranckSuzy
26-05-2013, 09:59 PM
I echo all the sentiments posted already. Our fans were truly Hibs class today. Another wee class thing was our bus helping a guy and his daughter that were stranded as their bus had left them behind. The girl was a bit upset but luckily we had 2 spare seats and they hopped on. :flag:

anon1875
26-05-2013, 10:02 PM
look at the scott brown interview on this page http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22585339 the singing drowns out his interview. thought scott brown was really good today, don't think he gave the ball away once. Claros was good as well but they just had too much going forward.

Topographic Hibby
26-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Supporters today were brilliant. However......

...after applauding the players getting their medals and being amazed at our support in defeat, I was less than happy with the tea-leaf that had nicked my programme from under my seat!! Not Hibs class!!

I never took my glasses to the game and their were a few decent lookin' things to read afterwards, IMHO (eg the story of the 1920s Hibs side and Bertie Aulds recollections from 1972 etc etc). Had to just squint at pictures at half-time.

Would the thief from P3 please return my programme? You can keep the 3D glasses, which are a bit like Ricky Gervias and Russell Brand (ie they do nothing for me....).

TH

AlbertK86
26-05-2013, 10:38 PM
Supporters today were brilliant. However......

...after applauding the players getting their medals and being amazed at our support in defeat, I was less than happy with the tea-leaf that had nicked my programme from under my seat!! Not Hibs class!!

I never took my glasses to the game and their were a few decent lookin' things to read afterwards, IMHO (eg the story of the 1920s Hibs side and Bertie Aulds recollections from 1972 etc etc). Had to just squint at pictures at half-time.

Would the thief from P3 please return my programme? You can keep the 3D glasses, which are a bit like Ricky Gervias and Russell Brand (ie they do nothing for me....).

TH

You could have had my programme ... I left it as could nae bring myself to read it

Still delighted at the manner of our support.

Just watched highlights and the noise of the Hibees was effin incredible

GGTTH

IWasThere2016
26-05-2013, 10:58 PM
I posted on my FB the we needed to turn up, stand up and stand tall - thought we did that and some. I left Hampden heart-broken again but proud. Well done all!

hibby6270
26-05-2013, 11:01 PM
It's all been said previously. Celtic's 3rd goal went in and I sat down, head in hands and started to well up with disappointment that another final had passed us by. But from that point on the singing just started to get louder and prouder. It restored my faith in a truly magnificent Hibs support who just didn't or wouldn't give in today. The team will get the message one day.

I've left Hampden many times deflated and dejected. Not today. Yes - we lost the game but not the supporter battle. Brilliant - everyone who contributed to an incredible atmosphere - you're making me well up again.................:not worth:not worth:not worth:greengrin:hibees GGTTH

Tony1962
26-05-2013, 11:12 PM
Embarrassed to say but thats how I felt aswell. A wee lump in my throat going into the last few minutes with the game winding down and thousands of Hibees still singing their hearts out.

Thats probably the one enduring memory I'll take from the game and hopefully we'll see a bit more of that next season.

Like you mate I had a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes. I was so deflated when the 3rd goal went in but when the singing started from the hibs end I had to stand up and join in ....I got the pride I lost last year back ......felt so proud to be a hibby....if only we had one ...it will happen someday in my lifetime, but at 51 it beter hurry up :)

dublinhibs
27-05-2013, 12:02 AM
I would also like to point out on this thread how amazing the Church On The Hill was!! What an efficient bar and what an amazing crowd of Hibees for the build-up! It was just fantastic to stand about in that Hibs atmosphere before the game. So much fun! I wish we could do that every Sunday!

hibee19
27-05-2013, 12:37 AM

Great support but we weren't exactly invincible today.

Elephant Stone
27-05-2013, 12:46 AM
That was genuinely the most amount of pride I've ever felt supporting Hibs. The fans were absolutely outstanding.

JOD
27-05-2013, 01:22 AM
Just a wee word. Was with Hibernian Hospitality to- day and would like to thank Mimi and Amanda for looking after us.

Brilliant fun before game and special word for the driver of coach 7. He was a master at driving round Glasgow (Castlemilk etc.,) but he got us home in good time.Was sitting having drink in Hibs club 6.35.

But my memory of this cup final was the last 10 mins singing from us ------Superb.

Glory,Glory

Bay Area Hibees
27-05-2013, 03:07 AM
Would love to get any mobile phone or TV stuff as had to watch from the USA. Hibs support was magnificent, prouder than ever to be a Hibee today