PDA

View Full Version : Match Updates Scottish Cup Final - Hibernian 0 v Celtic 3 official update thread

Pages : 1 [2]

KingFranck
26-05-2013, 06:34 PM
See ya Fenlon. Shut the door on the way out

Have a word

ian cruise
26-05-2013, 06:36 PM
quite positive it was both players, both times,...will need to check highlights again :(

Don't do that to yourself. Get a cold beverage and look forward to next season. That's what I'm doing. We weren't great today but the main culprits were ones who most likely wont be here next season anyway. As long as their replacements are better then we will have another improved season. And our youngsters look good, add a proper per season to the first team experience they got this term, and hopefully a rested and revitalised captain James then it should be a good season. Top six (preferably higher!) is an improvement. As long as the standard of football is attractive i will forgive a defeat here or there. When its eye bleeding hoofball and we are still losing then that's when I despair.

Waxy
26-05-2013, 06:39 PM
See ya Fenlon. Shut the door on the way outPaddy must stay. Two Scottish cup finals on the bounce whilst trying to turn the whole club around. Could it be three in a row? Paddy must stay.

HibeeDaz6270
26-05-2013, 06:46 PM
:agree:
Taiwo was our best player :agree: but personally i thought forster had a fairly poor game. The defence as a whole looked rocky from start to finish. If we were ever to stand a chance today we needed a solid performance and live in hope of something special upfront. Unfortunately the back line caused us early on.

LeighLoyal
26-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Never really put enough pressure on them and we gave away two pretty cheap early goals. Enjoyed the occasion and while there's no surprise at the outcome I do feel we could have created a bit more.

NORTHERNHIBBY
26-05-2013, 06:52 PM
If we can't get full backs to push up we might want to try the three centre halfs at the back in a 3-5-2

HFC 0-7
26-05-2013, 06:55 PM
Really quite dissapointed today, again we made basic errors which led to us getting beat, defensive errors stopping crosses coming in and dealing with the cross in the box. Inability to hold onto the ball and pass forward at pace without long balls. First 10 minutes until they scored showed what we could do and how we could play, pacey attacking football but I really feel we were hit hard mentally when that goal went in and I didnt see any real fight from a lot of the team from then on in apart from a couple of players like Taiwo and Claros. second time in the cup final that we have failed so badly at getting any service into our best player griffiths.

s2hart
26-05-2013, 06:56 PM
For what I seen, yes it was a dodgy stream beamed onto a telly, the better team won, a Celtc team that turns up is more than capable of beating any team in Scotland never mind Europe, as much as we pushed them in the second half our defence looked to struggle to hold there position & looked to be liable, anyway, I'm proud of the boys, it was always going to be a tall order, onwards and upwards :-)

Onion
26-05-2013, 06:59 PM
How typical to celtic to bring their A game to Hampdump when they play us. To have any chance today we needed to take our chances when they came along (didn't), keep a tight defence (didn't) and get the breaks/ref decisions (didn't, although that wasn't the prob today). As usual in a SCF, we got none of those.

IMHO smaller teams have more chance of winning the Cup than us as Celtic are likely to take them less seriously. Not sure I'll ever see Hibs win that damn thing:rolleyes:

davhibby
26-05-2013, 07:07 PM
In games like this we needed the first goal, especially when Celtic were playing well. When you lose the first goal against them it's very hard to get back

SteveHFC
26-05-2013, 07:40 PM
Just Back and thought we played well in the first 5 mins.

Ach well onwards and upwards :top marks

leithsansiro
26-05-2013, 07:58 PM
McGivern annoyed me a lot, Maybury at least has the excuse of age for being outpaced, but frankly both full backs were an irrelevance today. May as well have gone 3-5-2 and had some more bodies in the middle.

Either we need some defenders with pace, or slower defenders that realise they have no pace and hang back. How many games does it take for Maybury to get beaten to a ball by 10 yards from a headstart before he'd think 'hmmm maybe I should just stay back.' Very frustrating.

The periods we kept it on the deck were decent, the switch to humping the ball up the pitch was a return to pre second half semi final annoyances.

This. Time and time again we gave him the ball and he angled it across the pitch or into space for a Celtic defender to clear. position ally poor and didn't look fit.

Heisenberg
26-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I've not been too impressed with Mcgivern for a while. Quite poor defensively.

Skol
26-05-2013, 08:02 PM
I didnt think Celtic were anything special today.....we conceded soft goals at bad times - which to be fair has been a trait for a while

We started brighter and lost a goal where 4 of the back 5 could have done better

We got back inro the game again and then lost another similar goal with 2 or 3 of the back five not looking great.

We kept ourselves in the game and I felt if we had scored in the last quarter, celric would have panicked, but we concede a scrappy goal again.

Ok some didnt do great today, but we were not outclassed

IainA
26-05-2013, 08:06 PM
This. Time and time again we gave him the ball and he angled it across the pitch or into space for a Celtic defender to clear. position ally poor and didn't look fit.

Agree - McGivern has not been good for quite a while now. Stevenson any day.
thought the team did well overall and the fans amazing! Even singing at the end that we couldn't hear the Celtic fans singing! Class

Well done Hibs - let's make it third time lucky next year! ;-)

jdships
26-05-2013, 08:17 PM
I've not been too impressed with Mcgivern for a while. Quite poor defensively.

McGivern reminds me a lot of Graham Mitchell from a few years back
We couldn't make up our minds if he was a left back or a centre back
McGivern falls into the same category !!
Noticed today he was guilty of the same failing as Mitchell when playing left back - he time and time again moved into the middle of the park giving the winger so much room to move in .
Is C/B is best spot ?

:flag:

Brightside
26-05-2013, 08:25 PM
Agree - McGivern has not been good for quite a while now. Stevenson any day.
thought the team did well overall and the fans amazing! Even singing at the end that we couldn't hear the Celtic fans singing! Class

Well done Hibs - let's make it third time lucky next year! ;-)McGovern was to blame for all 3 goals. But I've no idea why Leigh was kept on. He was a statue for 70mins.

Beefster
26-05-2013, 08:31 PM
McGovern was to blame for all 3 goals. But I've no idea why Leigh was kept on. He was a statue for 70mins.

Ill need to see the goals again but Hanlon seemed to be at least as culpable for the first two as McGivern (along with Maybury's woeful attempt at a clearance at one of them). I'm not disputing that McGivern played poorly btw.

cabbageandribs1875
27-05-2013, 07:39 AM
I don't think it was McGivern and Hanlon, certainly the second it was McGivern and Thomson, think first was the same. But yeah Stokes ran Maybury ragged all day.

quite positive it was both players, both times,...will need to check highlights again :(

Don't do that to yourself. Get a cold beverage and look forward to next season. That's what I'm doing. We weren't great today but the main culprits were ones who most likely wont be here next season anyway. As long as their replacements are better then we will have another improved season. And our youngsters look good, add a proper per season to the first team experience they got this term, and hopefully a rested and revitalised captain James then it should be a good season. Top six (preferably higher!) is an improvement. As long as the standard of football is attractive i will forgive a defeat here or there. When its eye bleeding hoofball and we are still losing then that's when I despair.

against your advice, i did :greengrin and it was indeed McGivern and Hanlon BOTH times :agree:

hibeesjoe
27-05-2013, 02:04 PM
Have a word

So what, 2 finals on the trot means nothing. Another absolute pumping. If Falkirk put that effort away to make it 4-0 then Fenlon wouldn't be here. I'm gonna put money on him being the first manager sacked in the new season. 2 final hidings is embarrassing.

truehibernian
27-05-2013, 02:10 PM
So what, 2 finals on the trot means nothing. Another absolute pumping. If Falkirk put that effort away to make it 4-0 then Fenlon wouldn't be here. I'm gonna put money on him being the first manager sacked in the new season. 2 final hidings is embarrassing.

Keep your money in your pocket mate because that isn't happening.

Better placing money on Gary Locke being sacked though.......if they make it through summer :wink:

Benny Brazil
27-05-2013, 02:35 PM

You are of course entitled to your opinion as we all are - mine is - your talking pish.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 02:51 PM

Yes if Falkirk had put away that 4th and if we hadn't gone on to score four on the day we would have been out. And if your Auntie had baws she'd be your Uncle.

But they didn't, and we did and she doesn't.

hibeesjoe
27-05-2013, 03:02 PM
My point is though, if Falkirk had scored the 4th it wouldn't have been p.fenlon leading the players out yesterday. I don't rate him and never will. If we really do pay more than the rest we will have either Terry butcher or Derek Adams. Complete rubbish by hibs yesterday.

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 03:12 PM
See ya Fenlon. Shut the door on the way out

Melt.

chrisski33
27-05-2013, 03:14 PM
My point is though, if Falkirk had scored the 4th it wouldn't have been p.fenlon leading the players out yesterday. I don't rate him and never will. If we really do pay more than the rest we will have either Terry butcher or Derek Adams. Complete rubbish by hibs yesterday.

But falkirk DIDNT score the 4th goal! Adams has been at the club and didnt exactly stay long eh!?
Not point dwelling on the what ifs esp the falkirk game as we won that game we were simply beaten by the better team yesterday and our perfomance wasnt that bad.

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 03:25 PM

That's the spirit.

Why do you imagine that just reasserting a post you have already made increases the force of your argument? Anyone can do what-ifs. It is utterly meaningless.

hibeesjoe
27-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Apologies, emotions and bevvy getting in the way. Not happy about yesterday but talking p**h

One Day Soon
27-05-2013, 08:22 PM
Apologies, emotions and bevvy getting in the way. Not happy about yesterday but talking p**h

Fair enough if you ask me.

The Green Goblin
28-05-2013, 01:00 AM

But surely getting to 2 back to back scottish cup finals is arguably an achievement in itself?, (after reaching only two scottish cup finals in the previous 33 years!) and this year we beat 3 SPL sides to do it (Hearts, Kilmarnock and Aberdeen). We didn't win, but these cup runs aren't happening by accident. There's something there, we're getting closer than ever before and our day will come. Chin up bud.