PDA

View Full Version : Auckland Hibs fans

HibsNZ
25-05-2013, 09:55 AM
NZ Celtic supporters club are showing the game in Doolans (old cock and bull) in Newmarket, anyone going must be in by 11-30pm. I'll be heading in with 6 other Hibbys, so the more Hibs boys (or girls) the merrier! C"MON A HIBEES!!!!!

spike220
25-05-2013, 09:57 AM
NZ Celtic supporters club are showing the game in Doolans (old cock and bull) in Newmarket, anyone going must be in by 11-30pm. I'll be heading in with 6 other Hibbys, so the more Hibs boys (or girls) the merrier! C"MON A HIBEES!!!!!

I thought we were meeting at the fox in the Viaduct???

Auckland Hibs
25-05-2013, 10:01 AM

We are, all booked in.

:flag::flag::flag:

KWJ
26-05-2013, 02:57 AM
Yup, I'll be going to the fox. Probably be about 11-12pm.

HibsNZ - get yer arse doon there with your Hibee crew!

Fingers crossed for a smooth feed.

:flag::flag::pfgwa

Auckland Hibs
26-05-2013, 04:29 AM
Yup, I'll be going to the fox. Probably be about 11-12pm.

HibsNZ - get yer arse doon there with your Hibee crew!

Fingers crossed for a smooth feed.

:flag::flag::pfgwa

Same here!

Cracking the first Cup Final beer now - Glory, glory to the Hibees!

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

KWJ
26-05-2013, 04:54 AM
Can't decide when to get them open mate, bit hungover and don't want to be struggling come game time!

Soon though, soon!

Steve-O
26-05-2013, 05:45 AM
Is that Sommet Sports not showing it then? In Melbourne now, bit tired and hungover too but still 8 hours till KO!

KWJ
26-05-2013, 06:02 AM
Nah, not happening. Hopefully get some SPL for next season, maybe our defence of the Scottish Cup too :wink:

Sommet Sports Hi Chris, we are not going to be able to do this, we gave it a try but time is against us.

KWJ
27-05-2013, 04:43 AM
Thanks again for organising Paul. Was great to see so many Hibees in there and to meet a good few of you.

Stream was decent too.

Back for Europe!

:flag:

spike220
27-05-2013, 05:13 AM
Hi Paul, Was a great gathering and I will certainly like to get back together for the European adventure, Please keep me posted it was a good lift to the spirit to be surrounded by Hibees, even if the result didn't go our way.
:flag::flag::flag:GGTTH

Auckland Hibs
27-05-2013, 06:34 AM
Cheers Guys, shame about the result but it was great to have a crowd of Hibees together enjoying a few beers and chat.

Will keep you in the loop for next season, hopefully Sommet Sports will be up and running so we can meet up on a regular basis.

GGTTH

:pfgwa:pfgwa:pfgwa

hibeeleicester
07-03-2016, 03:49 PM
Where will be showing the game on Sunday? :thumbsup:

scm70nyd1973
07-03-2016, 06:16 PM

Hi guys - I am new to Auckland so bear with me. I am living in the North Shore and working on Monday (starting at 8.30am in Newmarket). Love the idea of going into Doolans at 11pm to 11.30pm and having a few pre cup final 'refreshments' but turning up for work bevvied and with nae suit on might not go down too well with my new employers ! Ideally I would like to join my fellow Cabbbage lovers in Doolans at around 4am but that might be a non starter or is it ? If it is a no no then could I get into the Fox at around 4am ? Staying at home to watch it on Hibs TV or BBC Scotland (using the CinexPlayer App) is not that appealing as they are not v reliable - in any event this will be the first cup final with Hibs in it I have missed since the 1972 6-1 effort so I don't want to watch it alone !

Austinho
08-03-2016, 01:22 AM
Hi guys - I am new to Auckland so bear with me. I am living in the North Shore and working on Monday (starting at 8.30am in Newmarket). Love the idea of going into Doolans at 11pm to 11.30pm and having a few pre cup final 'refreshments' but turning up for work bevvied and with nae suit on might not go down too well with my new employers ! Ideally I would like to join my fellow Cabbbage lovers in Doolans at around 4am but that might be a non starter or is it ? If it is a no no then could I get into the Fox at around 4am ? Staying at home to watch it on Hibs TV or BBC Scotland (using the CinexPlayer App) is not that appealing as they are not v reliable - in any event this will be the first cup final with Hibs in it I have missed since the 1972 6-1 effort so I don't want to watch it alone !All of these posts are from the 2013 cup final. I'm not sure if anywhere is showing it this year. Maybe worth contacting them? Let me know if you have any luck :)

scm70nyd1973
08-03-2016, 01:57 AM
All of these posts are from the 2013 cup final. I'm not sure if anywhere is showing it this year. Maybe worth contacting them? Let me know if you have any luck :)

Cheers mate - didn't look too hard at the dates - what a numpty I am - looks like I will be watching it with my Hibby daughter - at least that will be two of us ! Maybe just as well we are not there as we were at the Livvi cup final, that cup final and in 2013 - at least we enjoyed the good 5-1 game in 2007 !

scm70nyd1973
08-03-2016, 02:06 AM
All of these posts are from the 2013 cup final. I'm not sure if anywhere is showing it this year. Maybe worth contacting them? Let me know if you have any luck :)

Cheers mate - didn't look too hard at the dates - what a numpty I am - looks like I will be watching it with my Hibby daughter - at least that will be two of us ! Maybe just as well we are not there as we were at the Livvi cup final, that cup final and in 2013 - at least we enjoyed the good 5-1 game in 2007 !

KWJ
08-03-2016, 04:18 AM
heh I just sent this on to my mate whose still in Auckland thinking it was being sorted. Oops.

I'd imagine that it'd still be on at the Fox. There was a good crowd of us there for the Celtic final.

Auckland Hibs
08-03-2016, 05:00 AM
heh I just sent this on to my mate whose still in Auckland thinking it was being sorted. Oops.

I'd imagine that it'd still be on at the Fox. There was a good crowd of us there for the Celtic final.

There's nothing planned for the final on Sunday - only 3 of us turned out for the last game at the Fox (they specifically opened for us until 6am!).

Quite a few of the guys have moved on from NZ so the numbers have dropped in recent years, although it's good to hear about a few more Hibees arriving in Auckland - hopefully we can get together for a celebration after Sunday!!

Mixu62
08-03-2016, 07:41 AM
Hi guys - I am new to Auckland so bear with me. I am living in the North Shore and working on Monday (starting at 8.30am in Newmarket). Love the idea of going into Doolans at 11pm to 11.30pm and having a few pre cup final 'refreshments' but turning up for work bevvied and with nae suit on might not go down too well with my new employers ! Ideally I would like to join my fellow Cabbbage lovers in Doolans at around 4am but that might be a non starter or is it ? If it is a no no then could I get into the Fox at around 4am ? Staying at home to watch it on Hibs TV or BBC Scotland (using the CinexPlayer App) is not that appealing as they are not v reliable - in any event this will be the first cup final with Hibs in it I have missed since the 1972 6-1 effort so I don't want to watch it alone !

Where you working in Newmarket? I work there too.

scm70nyd1973
08-03-2016, 07:45 AM
Where you working in Newmarket? I work there too.
On Kent Street - right opposite the AA Repair place

ano hibby
08-03-2016, 08:15 AM
Will be down your way next year for the Lions...any ticket sources be helpful :)
Before the uber fans reply I've checked it doesn't clash with a Cup Final and just to confirm I'm prioritising Hampden over Murrayfield this Sunday :)

scm70nyd1973
08-03-2016, 05:14 PM
Will be down your way next year for the Lions...any ticket sources be helpful :)
Before the uber fans reply I've checked it doesn't clash with a Cup Final and just to confirm I'm prioritising Hampden over Murrayfield this Sunday :)

Happy to help with this (securing tickets) and sort out places to go and stay etc etc (if you need it). Send me a pm and I will get things started. Despite where I live I am not really into rugby but will probably soon have to be. A few of my mates are coming over from Melbourne for the tour - good guys - more into football though so I suspect it will be more for the beer etc than the rugby ! Cheers fur the noo and GGTTH

WellingtonHibby
08-03-2016, 07:23 PM
There's nothing planned for the final on Sunday - only 3 of us turned out for the last game at the Fox (they specifically opened for us until 6am!).

Quite a few of the guys have moved on from NZ so the numbers have dropped in recent years, although it's good to hear about a few more Hibees arriving in Auckland - hopefully we can get together for a celebration after Sunday!!

Wellington is definitely the Hibs Capital of NZ now, in terms of number, i think.
Are you guys planning on heading over for the 30 year anniversary of of Aus/NZ hibs next year?

ano hibby
08-03-2016, 08:01 PM
Happy to help with this (securing tickets) and sort out places to go and stay etc etc (if you need it). Send me a pm and I will get things started. Despite where I live I am not really into rugby but will probably soon have to be. A few of my mates are coming over from Melbourne for the tour - good guys - more into football though so I suspect it will be more for the beer etc than the rugby ! Cheers fur the noo and GGTTH

PM sent mate

Auckland Hibs
09-03-2016, 03:52 AM
Wellington is definitely the Hibs Capital of NZ now, in terms of number, i think.
Are you guys planning on heading over for the 30 year anniversary of of Aus/NZ hibs next year?

No, nothing planned to head over.

Steve-O
09-03-2016, 04:13 AM

Can think of 6-7 of us in our group that are here for the foreseeable future. Wonder if there are any other Welly Hibs fans we don't know? SURELY NOT I say!

Sproule Three
09-03-2016, 06:17 AM
Can think of 6-7 of us in our group that are here for the foreseeable future. Wonder if there are any other Welly Hibs fans we don't know? SURELY NOT I say!

I hear there's a Hibs fan from Wellington that can spot Hibs players in London !
causing a wee bit of a fracas -:)
do you guys ken know him?
:faf:

Man Down Under
09-03-2016, 07:56 AM
Queenstown fan here, watching a dodgy stream on my laptop outside at 4am to get decent WiFi is the best I can get haha. Should probs just get HibsTV to be fair.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Steve-O
09-03-2016, 09:11 AM
I hear there's a Hibs fan from Wellington that can spot Hibs players in London !
causing a wee bit of a fracas -:)
do you guys ken know him?
:faf:

I keep my ear to the ground!

Don't know that guy though :wink:

spike220
09-03-2016, 09:44 AM
Anyone in Christchurch Now???

spike220
09-03-2016, 09:47 AM
Hi Paul, Was a great gathering and I will certainly like to get back together for the European adventure, Please keep me posted it was a good lift to the spirit to be surrounded by Hibees, even if the result didn't go our way.
:flag::flag::flag:GGTTH

IIRC Stokes Ripped us a new one almost single handedley in 2013

WellingtonHibby
09-03-2016, 07:27 PM

who is the "on the fence-er" Steve?

I count Six plus WAGS. Plus a guy i see playing fives in an old Hibs top .
:greengrin