PDA

View Full Version : Is this the best Scottish cup run in living memory?

spike220
25-05-2013, 09:53 AM
Is this the best Scottish cup run in living memory?

Resons for:
1. The goals scored in this cup run have been screamers! (Deegan, Doyle, Griffiths, Harris)
2. The turns and twists in most matches
3. The win against Hearts
4. SPL Champions in final (if your going to do it, you want to beat them in the final)

If we were to do this we will all witness something no other living hibee has ever seen. If we dont do it, it has still been one hell of good run the cup.

I hope Pat rolls the dice.

GGTTH

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2013, 10:05 AM
Has been a great run given the opposition we have been up against,

Also for me as far as I can remember this is the first of the 4 Scottish Cup finals I have been to where I have been at every round leading up to the final.

Still odds against us winning it I suppose, but hey ..... what a DVD it will make if we do though.

GGTTH

:pfgwa

hibs4thecup1988
25-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Has been a great run given the opposition we have been up against,

Also for me as far as I can remember this is the first of the 4 Scottish Cup finals I have been to where I have been at every round leading up to the final.

Still odds against us winning it I suppose, but hey ..... what a DVD it will make if we do though.

GGTTH

:pfgwa

Me too bovril. First time I've been to all the games leading upto the final as well. We have had a pretty difficult run to the final as well.

I just get more more confident when I think of this game tomorrow.

Persevere80
25-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Knocked out a good few spl sides, and the Falkirk game will be knowing as one of hibs greatest ever come back, so yes..... Just have to do the business tomorrow.

GGTTH

Eyrie
25-05-2013, 10:14 AM
We'll know the answer by 5pm tomorrow.

WestEndHibee
25-05-2013, 10:19 AM
We'll know the answer by 5pm tomorrow.

got a shudder reading that. It's so close but so far away!

Gus Fring
25-05-2013, 10:22 AM
We've faced SPL competition in every round except the Semi where we had to come back from 3-0 down.

Nobody can say we had an easy run. Nobody can say someone else knocked Celtic out
Nobody can say we didn't deserve it
Nobody can say "Since 1902" any more!

Tomorrow, we take our place in the history books.
Tomorrow, we make up for last year.
Tomorrow, we all stand after the full time whistle with our scarves in the air and we sing Sunshine on Leith at the top of our lungs and with tears in our eyes.

Tomorrow, we are Scottish Cup Champions!

Ryan91
25-05-2013, 10:24 AM

Resons for:
1. The goals scored in this cup run have been screamers! (Deegan, Doyle, Griffiths, Harris)
4. SPL Champions in final (if your going to do it, you want to beat them in the final)

If we were to do this we will all witness something no other living hibee has ever seen. If we dont do it, it has still been one hell of good run the cup.

GGTTH

We have had some cracking performances not to mention a healthy dose of luck. Almost as if 111 years of bad luck is being made up for.

Ryan91
25-05-2013, 10:40 AM
We've faced SPL competition in every round except the Semi where we had to come back from 3-0 down.

Nobody can say we had an easy run. Nobody can say someone else knocked Celtic out

Tomorrow, we all stand after the full time whistle with our scarves in the air and we sing Sunshine on Leith at the top of our lungs and with tears in our eyes.

****ing this!

InterviewLoI
25-05-2013, 11:53 AM

Goosebumps, dude.... Im so pumpd

Yuillsy
25-05-2013, 03:19 PM

I

I read this on the bus home from work earlier. I nearly cried then l wanted to stand up and scream HIBEES at the he top of my voice.
Cheers mate, excellent post!

Ray_
25-05-2013, 03:34 PM

Resons for:

GGTTH

It will be the greatest if we win it.

1972 wasn't too shabby either, third round, away to the team that beat Celtic 4-1 in that season's league cup final. We then beat top division Airdrie and Aberdeen and we then beat Rangers, in a replay, in the semi [Rangers had put us out of the previous four SC's, including a semi replay the previous year.].

The winning scores in all the games were 2-0, shame the final went pear shaped, we really didn't deserve it, we played well enough and it was only that Celtic was more clinical and not that we were outplayed.

Yuillsy
25-05-2013, 04:39 PM

I

I read this on the bus home from work earlier. I nearly cried then l wanted to stand up and scream HIBEES at the he top of my voice.
Cheers mate, excellent post!

HibeeMG
25-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Whatever the result tomorrow, this cup run has had me celebrating goals not seen since 2007.

I didn't think I'd celebrate again like I did when Spoony's shot looped in. I went absolutely mental when Doyle trundled his in to the bottom corner against Falkirk though. My reaction to Leigh's wonder strike run that close also.

For those reasons alone it's been a hell of a run and has given me the best moments as a Hibs fan for quite a while.

A winning goal tomorrow would top any celebration I've ever had in my life though.

whiskyhibby
25-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Knocked out a good few spl sides, and the Falkirk game will be knowing as one of hibs greatest ever come back, so yes..... Just have to do the business tomorrow.

GGTTH

Couldn't agree more, we can't chuck away probably the greatest comeback in Scottish Cup semi history.........GGTTH