PDA

View Full Version : A late request for a pre-match boozer!

vercol36
25-05-2013, 09:16 AM
Like it says in the title. Does anyone know of any pubs or clubs, fairly near Hampden/Mt Florida station that are catering for Hibs fans and still have spaces left? I'd prefer to book something as opposed to turning up at a bunch of random places in the hope of being let in!

Originally we had planned to drink in the City Centre, but we did that last year and would prefer a drinking session with a bit more atmosphere! Would appreciate any suggestions.

Aaron
25-05-2013, 09:30 AM
Like it says in the title. Does anyone know of any pubs or clubs, fairly near Hampden/Mt Florida station that are catering for Hibs fans and still have spaces left? I'd prefer to book something as opposed to turning up at a bunch of random places in the hope of being let in!

Originally we had planned to drink in the City Centre, but we did that last year and would prefer a drinking session with a bit more atmosphere! Would appreciate any suggestions.

Think the Boswall Hotel in Glasgow mate, if not that try Church on the Hill or Clockwork.

itslegaltender
25-05-2013, 09:33 AM
Pandora on Victoria Street?

vercol36
25-05-2013, 10:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions folks, will give them a ring

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2013, 10:11 AM
Clockwork is first come first in, Church on the hill is full - just to save you calling.

KanyeWestLower
25-05-2013, 10:14 AM
What about the one round the corner from clockworks? Is it Mt Florida arms/park? Got a wee beer garden at the back?

Aaron
25-05-2013, 10:39 AM
Church on the hill is full - just to save you calling.

Are there buses booked in there?

CallumLaidlaw
25-05-2013, 12:32 PM

I think the bounce buses are in there

bronca
25-05-2013, 04:15 PM
Hi Hibs.net, first post and it's about boozers and food rather than the team but it's cos I live in Mount Florida and felt I could throw ma tuppence in here!
It's a funny part of town for pubs because it used to be a 'dry' temperance area and still doesn't have that many. As Clockwork and Church on the Hill probably full there's a few near. The Langside bar and Armstrongs on Battlefield Road are both ok wee boozers, the Florida Park bar that was mentioned earlier does have a wee beer garden/car park but is one of those concrete bunker affairs with nae windaes so could well be dodge but I've never darkened it's door. On Cathcart Road nearer the stadium there's no actual pubs but you can get a pint in the bar at Minnesota Fats pool and snooker hall and the indoor bowling club will probably be expecting a few hibees but I don't know if they're already busy or not.

If anyone fancies a coffee or a sandwich then Arturo's on Cathcart Road is the best for that: proper Italian coffee and Arturo himself is a nice Portugese bloke who's supporting the Hibs on the day-he says that when we're playing he makes the most money! Was also telling me Alex Harris was in there before and after the semi final and will be coming back for the final so you might bump into him there as well.

Me, I'll be having a few cold ones in the house before the game before heading round the corner to section B8. See and hear you'se all there!

hibbybob
25-05-2013, 05:08 PM

Our bus is booked in there too!

fat freddy
25-05-2013, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE=bronca;3620196]Hi Hibs.net, first post and it's about boozers and food rather than the team but it's cos I live in Mount Florida and felt I could throw ma tuppence in here!
It's a funny part of town for pubs because it used to be a 'dry' temperance area and still doesn't have that many. As Clockwork and Church on the Hill probably full there's a few near. The Langside bar and Armstrongs on Battlefield Road are both ok wee boozers, the Florida Park bar that was mentioned earlier does have a wee beer garden/car park but is one of those concrete bunker affairs with nae windaes so could well be dodge but I've never darkened it's door. On Cathcart Road nearer the stadium there's no actual pubs but you can get a pint in the bar at Minnesota Fats pool and snooker hall and the indoor bowling club will probably be expecting a few hibees but I don't know if they're already busy or not.

If anyone fancies a coffee or a sandwich then Arturo's on Cathcart Road is the best for that: proper Italian coffee and Arturo himself is a nice Portugese bloke who's supporting the Hibs on the day-he says that when we're playing he makes the most money! Was also telling me Alex Harris was in there before and after the semi final and will be coming back for the final so you might bump into him there as well.

Me, I'll be having a few cold ones in the house before the game before heading round the corner to section B8. See and hear you'se all there![/QUOTE

im heading through in a car...wheres the closest to hampden im likely to get parked...i was looking on google maps and the estate behind battlefield rd looked like a good spot...a locals knowledge would be appreciated...

bronca
26-05-2013, 01:21 AM
[QUOTE=bronca;3620196]Hi Hibs.net, first post and it's about boozers and food rather than the team but it's cos I live in Mount Florida and felt I could throw ma tuppence in here!

Me, I'll be having a few cold ones in the house before the game before heading round the corner to section B8. See and hear you'se all there![/QUOTE

im heading through in a car...wheres the closest to hampden im likely to get parked...i was looking on google maps and the estate behind battlefield rd looked like a good spot...a locals knowledge would be appreciated...

hi freddy.the immediate area round hampden is very much off limits for non residents on big match days.i get a residents permit for my car and those without often get lifted and towed away,its pretty draconian-seen it happen a few times.thats the case where i am but i dont know if thats the case where your thinking at battlefield.when folk visit me for games they park in the queens park rec ground for a fiver or something and theres nae hassle- my dad nearly got towed away last time when he tried to park on my street and now always parks there.hope that helps.

Hibsforthecup
26-05-2013, 06:17 AM
Anyone know if Hutchinson bowling club is hibs/Celtic club andif its hibs,is it opening early?