PDA

View Full Version : Sproule defo a Hibs fan

J-C
24-05-2013, 08:24 PM
Sproule just on Talksport talking bout final, said he was a Rangers fan as a boy but is now true Hibby and will be wearing the green on Sunday, nice one wee man :)

Billy Whizz
24-05-2013, 08:29 PM
Sproule just on Talksport talking bout final, said he was a Rangers fan as a boy but is now true Hibby and will be wearing the green on Sunday, nice one wee man :)

Heard it too, said Hibs will do it

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 08:33 PM

Because we're no' playing rangers?

I suspect robbo, despite years of delusion, is still green at his very core. I also believe if you grow up actively supporting a club, that never really leaves you. So Ivan will probably never hear a bad word against us ... but, push comes to shove, champions league final, hibs v. rangers ... who would he support?

yeezus.
24-05-2013, 08:38 PM
:aok: Good man, I always liked him!

:flag:

Jonnyboy
24-05-2013, 08:39 PM

I suspect robbo, despite years of delusion, is still green at his very core. I also believe if you grow up actively supporting a club, that never really leaves you. So Ivan will probably never hear a bad word against us ... but, push comes to shove, champions league final, hibs v. rangers ... who would he support?

Probably the underdogs .............. or maybe Hibs :wink:

CapitalHibs
24-05-2013, 08:47 PM

Aye I think he tried very hard to trip over the ball that time he scored a hat trick against them :wink:

givescotlandfreedom
24-05-2013, 08:50 PM
I still love Ivan to bits. One of the only players I've met before and he was a gent, had a blethers with us and was happy to talk about Hibs and his love for the club - this was when he was playing for Bristol City.

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Aye I think he tried very hard to trip over the ball that time he scored a hat trick against them :wink:

I don't believe he did, given he was a professional footballer doing his job at the time.

I'm wondering who he really supports, push comes to shove. Or, I'm not wondering; he may very well have deep feelings for Hibs, but as a football supporter, I think he'll be rangers. That's not to denigrate him; that was his team as a boy.

joe breezy
24-05-2013, 08:54 PM
I don't believe he did, given he was a professional footballer doing his job at the time.

I'm wondering who he really supports, push comes to shove. Or, I'm not wondering; he may very well have deep feelings for Hibs, but as a football supporter, I think he'll be rangers. That's not to denigrate him; that was his team as a boy.

You can definitely change teams - was he not bringing up his kid as a Hibs fan too

Eyemouth Hibby
24-05-2013, 08:58 PM
Apart from the obvious hat trick moment, one of my favourite Sproule moments was standing on that stricken Jambo as he received a red card. Exactly what I'd like to think I would have done. He'll be cheering us on on Sunday that's for sure, probably as more of a Hibs Fan than a Rangers one too.

jabis
24-05-2013, 09:04 PM
Apart from the obvious hat trick moment, one of my favourite Sproule moments was standing on that stricken Jambo as he received a red card. Exactly what I'd like to think I would have done. He'll be cheering us on on Sunday that's for sure, probably as more of a Hibs Fan than a Rangers one too.

oh for a cybergun !

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 09:06 PM
You can definitely change teams - was he not bringing up his kid as a Hibs fan too

That's what I'm wondering ... can you? Really? Assuming you were a match-going, song-knowing, it's just what you do on Saturdays supporter?

LancashireHibby
24-05-2013, 09:09 PM
That's what I'm wondering ... can you? Really? Assuming you were a match-going, song-knowing, it's just what you do on Saturdays supporter?
In that vein, was Ivan a match-going, song-knowing Rangers fan?

essexhibee
24-05-2013, 09:13 PM
Top lad Ivan. So passionate for the hibees whenever he played. Wish him all the best in the rest of his career :thumbsup:

greenlex
24-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Really? I was thinking........ Ivan you ****ing twat. Any chance of getting back into this game has just gone

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 09:22 PM
In that vein, was Ivan a match-going, song-knowing Rangers fan?

That's how I remember it when he signed for us. I could be wrong.

jabis
24-05-2013, 09:24 PM
That's how I remember it when he signed for us. I could be wrong.

tell us how you remembered IT .

HibbiesandtheBaddies
24-05-2013, 09:26 PM

I dont think a dyed in the wool supporter can change teams.

That's it though, maybe Ivan wisnae a dyed in the wool Teddy Bear. I know a few guys who have made it in footbal that didn't really follow a team as a laddie but were a nominal supporter of a team. I'd say if they then felt a real affinity with a team they played for it is just as valid as the guy who buys a season ticket and attends every game as their perspective is from inside the club.

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 09:48 PM
tell us how you remembered IT .

oh I dunno ... summat to do with proteins in the brain. You'll have to ask an expert.

jabis
24-05-2013, 10:00 PM
oh I dunno ... summat to do with proteins in the brain. You'll have to ask an expert.

touche,my friend :greengrin.......I'm a grumpy bugger tonight :cb

clerriehibs
24-05-2013, 10:07 PM
touche,my friend :greengrin.......I'm a grumpy bugger tonight :cb

:hug:

J-C
24-05-2013, 10:39 PM
Pretty sure Jamie Carragher was an Everton fan growing up but fairly sure he's a big Liverpool one now.

Lee Wallace was a Hibby growing up but with his strong connection to Tynecastle High school and Hearts he's one of them now.

Pat Nevin also has changed allegiance, mainly due to his son wanting to come to ER.

Vini1875
24-05-2013, 11:05 PM
Don't think was ever at ibrox more a family, that side of the divide type of thing. Most folk in the North of Ireland would chose one of the OF if asked but really could not give a toss either way in reality.

djs69
24-05-2013, 11:25 PM
In 2007 my 60 year old dad dived like Suarez, and caught and held sproules boot that he threw into the crowd. A great safe by all accounts, especially in such an intense stage. Nerves played no part and didn't get the better of him. Now on a plaque, after boots were washed a few times, and with Ivan's signature now.....and after a few beers tonight I'm ranting and no idea what the original topic was even about .....?'!?!?!GGTTH

Teapot
24-05-2013, 11:46 PM

:top marks:faf: