PDA

View Full Version : Goal - Line Assistant Referees

HibbySpurs
24-05-2013, 01:49 PM
Sunday's game of course will be a first in Scottish football as it'll be the first competitive match to have goal line assistnat refs on the pitch like they do in UEFA competitions.

I believe this is one reason why Column and the rest of the officals have been chosen as they have worked this system together this season when officiating in Europe?

I for one am happy to see this coming into Scottish Football, it's not perfect either and is shor tof goal line technology but if the assistants see something in the box which is wrong they can flag this up as well (provided they have the guts to do so).

Would this format have resulted in "that goal" againast Hearts standing? Surely it would have as it was that far over the line a goal line ref would have had to be blind to miss it.

What does everyone else think of this happening on Sunday?

:flag:

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2013, 03:17 PM
Sunday's game of course will be a first in Scottish football as it'll be the first competitive match to have goal line assistnat refs on the pitch like they do in UEFA competitions.

I believe this is one reason why Column and the rest of the officals have been chosen as they have worked this system together this season when officiating in Europe?

I for one am happy to see this coming into Scottish Football, it's not perfect either and is shor tof goal line technology but if the assistants see something in the box which is wrong they can flag this up as well (provided they have the guts to do so).

Would this format have resulted in "that goal" againast Hearts standing? Surely it would have as it was that far over the line a goal line ref would have had to be blind to miss it.

What does everyone else think of this happening on Sunday?

:flag:

I found some of them to be as useless as the assistant's running the line!