PDA

View Full Version : Europa League winners will get Champions League place

Craig_in_Prague
24-05-2013, 10:50 AM
Thoughts?

Seems strange to me; but I suppose teams that missed out on the CL that feel they should be in it, have another route to qualifying by winning the EL & therefore taking it much more serious and fielding strong teams.... but can't help think its rather silly winning this should get you into the CL ......

scott7_0(Prague)
24-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Thoughts?

Seems strange to me; but I suppose teams that missed out on the CL that feel they should be in it, have another route to qualifying by winning the EL & therefore taking it much more serious and fielding strong teams.... but can't help think its rather silly winning this should get you into the CL ......

I think winning European League merits a place in the Champions League before finishing the team who finishes 4th in the league.

Craig_in_Prague
24-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I think winning European League merits a place in the Champions League before finishing the team who finishes 4th in the league.

Hearts might dominate Europe now though, winning 2 European trophies in succession would be hard to take :-(

Hibercelona
24-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Come on Hibs. We have a Champions League spot to play for! :thumbsup:

Since90+2
24-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Thoughts?

Dont think its any less silly than finishing 4th in the league and potentially 30 points behind the winners and getting into the CL.....

Scouse Hibee
24-05-2013, 11:07 AM
Thoughts?

So no chance of the EL winners ever retaining the trophy then, or will they enter CL at early stages and drop into EL if defeated?