Hero76
24-05-2013, 08:32 AM
Please please please Pat... play with two strikers :pray:

I have a feeling he will play Sparky up top on his own :confused:

Andy74
24-05-2013, 08:34 AM
Please please please Pat... play with two strikers :pray:

I have a feeling he will play Sparky up top on his own :confused:

If we were going 451 I think we'd have used it in some of the recent games.

davcar
24-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Must surely start 442 with Doyle or Caldwell up with Leigh but if reverting to 451 does that open the door for Handling or Wotherspoon to start on the right? Guessing that Harris, Thomson, Claros & Tiawo start?

Hero76
24-05-2013, 08:42 AM
Must surely start 442 with Doyle or Caldwell up with Leigh but if reverting to 451 does that open the door for Handling or Wotherspoon to start on the right? Guessing that Harris, Thomson, Claros & Tiawo start?

I think he will ply 451 with Doyle out wide and Spoony on the bench.

Craig_in_Prague
24-05-2013, 08:43 AM
I can see either:

Williams

Maybury Forster/McPake Hanlon McGivern

Harris Taiwo Claros Thomson

Doyle/Caldwell Sparky

OR

Williams

Harris Taiwo Claros Thomson Stevenson

Sparky

Based on the teams he has played the last few weeks; If the team is not 1 of those 2, I will be surprised...

I would go with the 1st team, but it will be hard on Lewis who has performed quite well and would help McGivern on that side against Forrest.

I don't think Handling will play, maybe on the bench though.

Another option could be Harris on the left and Doyle on the right in a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 but Doyle hasn't been playing there really but I would like to see Harris up against Lustig rather than Izzaguire tbh ?

Hero76
24-05-2013, 08:46 AM
It will be hard to drop Stevenson and slight possibility that MGivern plays CH to accommodate him ?

Skanko79
24-05-2013, 08:46 AM
I can see either:

Williams

Doyle/Caldwell Sparky

OR

Williams

Sparky

Based on the teams he has played the last few weeks; If the team is not 1 of those 2, I will be surprised...

I would go with the 1st team, but it will be hard on Lewis who has performed quite well and would help McGivern on that side against Forrest.

Another option could be Harris on the left and Doyle on the right in a 4-5-1 / 4-3-3 but Doyle hasn't been playing there really but I would like to see Harris up against Lustig rather than Izzaguire tbh ?

I would go with the second one mate, would like to see us try and play a bit football and frustrate them, if we snatch an early goal then we can change the shape slightly of the 4-5-1 to tuck in and try and pick them off on the counter attack.

bingo70
24-05-2013, 08:52 AM
451 is a good formation but you need wingers and during our poor spell this season our wingers weren't playing well, now we've got Harris I don't think that formation would be as negative as it was before.

SeanWilson
24-05-2013, 08:55 AM
I can see either:

Williams

Doyle/Caldwell Sparky

OR

Williams

Sparky

second one for me... i like the look of us 442 recently, however cant help but think we would be outplayed by celtic if turning up like this... happy to be proved wrong though.

Only issue with 451 is the service to sparky seems to be starved, however i think the emergence of Harris has helped a hell of a lot.

Either way, i think the most important thing for us at Hampden is starving them of the ball. If we can control the possession (big ask) we have a huge chance of just pulling this off!

GGTTH:flag:

davcar
24-05-2013, 09:05 AM
Good shout that if 451, Pat likely to play Harris right and Lewis left!

Judas Iscariot
24-05-2013, 09:20 AM
4-5-1

With Harris and any of Doyle/Caldwell/Stevenson/Handling playing on the other side along with midfield 3 - Taiwo, Claros & Thomson...

bingo70
24-05-2013, 09:26 AM
I'm torn about Stevenson starting on the left if we're playing 451, for that formation to work we really need the wingers to be supporting Griffiths which lewis won't do, However we can't be naive, Celtic will have a lot of the ball and having him cover defensively and the effort you know you'll get from him could be invaluable.

Fenlons got a few tough choices to make and I really don't envy him (I do really, I'd love to be hibs manager), hope whatever he goes with works and he's not slated too much if it doesn't work as there's no easy answer to any of his dilemmas.

Alex Trager
24-05-2013, 09:27 AM
I believe he's playing a four four two. Caldwell and griff. Source griff

Keith_M
24-05-2013, 09:37 AM
3 - 2 - 5 Would do me just fine.

Shock the life out of them!

cabbageandribs1875
24-05-2013, 09:41 AM

thanks for this

yours faithfully, neil

:cb

Albanian Hibs
24-05-2013, 09:41 AM

Good. That would be my choice of formation too.

The Sea-gull
24-05-2013, 10:20 AM
It's a tough one as whatever formation I have thrown around I just feel we are a wee bit short on the right type of player to play it. For example (and I'll assume that for all formations we are going with a back 4 so will concentrate on midfield and attack) if we go 4-4-2 we have Harris for one of the wide roles but maybe lack someone on form to play the other wide role. If Spoony was on form (in fact I'm getting more and more tempted to use him as he is best suited to the best system to play) he'd be the obvious choice with two from Thomson, Taiwo and Claros to play in the middle with Leigh up front alongside Doyle or Caldwell - probably give Caldwell the nod as Doyle he is better from the start and Doyle would be better than Caldwell from the bench.

Don't really like Thomson out wide so I'd be tempted to leave 4-4-2 and go 4-5-1 or 4-2-3-1. These formations would accomodate all three of Thomson, Taiwo and Claros in more natural positions and I don't think any of them deserve to miss out as they have all been good of late.

4-5-1 we could go with Handling or Wotherspoon-Taiwo-Claros-Thomson-Harris which would give us width and support for Sparky with plenty of protection in the centre.

Or a 4-2-3-1 with Claros and Thomson sitting behind a three of Handling or Wotherspoon-Taiwo-Harris with Sparky up front.

It is a shame Scott Robertson wasn't on better form as I think he is the one player at the club who could really play the central position in the three of a 4-2-3-1 effectively. Can't we bring the signing of Liam Craig forward too as he could play in the centre or wide left in the three!