PDA

View Full Version : Enjoy it! Stuff that, just win it.

MB62
24-05-2013, 07:59 AM
No doubt we will get the usual managerial sound bites about 'I'm just going to tell the boys and go out there and enjoy themselves' etc etc etc.

Well, if any players happen to be reading this, can I say to them,

Never mind enjoying yourself, just go out there and compete, give it everything you've got, and WIN THE CUP :cup:

If you can do that, you will be enjoying yourselves for the rest of your lives. :party: :party:

GGTTH

:flag: :flag: :flag:

Saorsa
24-05-2013, 08:09 AM
No doubt we will get the usual managerial sound bites about 'I'm just going to tell the boys and go out there and enjoy themselves' etc etc etc.

Well, if any players happen to be reading this, can I say to them,

Never mind enjoying yourself, just go out there and compete, give it everything you've got, and WIN THE CUP :cup:

If you can do that, you will be enjoying yourselves for the rest of your lives. :party: :party:

GGTTH

:flag: :flag: :flag:If they're enjoying it, they're more likely tae play better and compete. Being, nervous, tense and under too much pressure winnae result in a good outcome. We're going in as underdogs and naebody except us gives us an earthly of winning it. My advice would be exactly the same as the managers, let them have all the pressure.

Hibercelona
24-05-2013, 08:14 AM
If they're enjoying it, they're more likely tae play better and compete. Being, nervous, tense and under too much pressure winnae result in a good outcome. We're going in as underdogs and naebody except us gives us an earthly of winning it. My advice would be exactly the same as the managers, let them have all the pressure.

:agree:

They clearly weren't enjoying it last year and the result speaks for itself.

They should just go out there and play the football they know they're capable of and forget about everything else.

Put the cup and hampdump to the side and just focus on a game of footie for 90 minutes.

SlickShoes
24-05-2013, 08:18 AM
:agree:

They clearly weren't enjoying it last year and the result speaks for itself.

They should just go out there and play the football they know they're capable of and forget about everything else.

Put the cup and hampdump to the side and just focus on a game of footie for 90 minutes.

Yep, if our starting 11 all play to the best of their ability there is no reason we cannot beat Celtc. As fans all we can do is support them, it's up to the players now, do they want the freedom of Edinburgh for the rest of their lives or not?

Craig_in_Prague
24-05-2013, 08:30 AM
Said it on other threads, but the players have shown real determination in the SC run - in each match, we have wanted it that bit more than the opposition IMO.

The Falkirk game was crazy, but from the moment Harris scored I fancied us.
the 1st half of that game aside, things have been really encouraging and wouldn't it be a fairytale winning the cup and taking it off 'them' after their tainted success.

If we can get the same grit and determination we have seen thus far, and move the ball well and quickly and get Harris and Sparky involved, then we can cause them problems and win. Our defending as a team will need to be top notch throughout the game, but again we are capable of that - ER game in the league against them was fantastic, we really restricted them as much as possible.

You know, i'll be gutted if we lose. But, if we have a go and the players can walk off that pitch with their heads at least held high, I will get over it & appreciate they gave their all.
But I honestly feel if we can give it our best shot and play well, we have a really good chance and will win.

NORTHERNHIBBY
24-05-2013, 08:55 AM
A day in the sun and a shot at glory? What would a footballer not enjoy on a day like that? Guaranteed place in Europe next season and also the emergence of some of our younger players. Good times ahead for us.

MB62
24-05-2013, 09:24 AM
If they're enjoying it, they're more likely tae play better and compete. Being, nervous, tense and under too much pressure winnae result in a good outcome. We're going in as underdogs and naebody except us gives us an earthly of winning it. My advice would be exactly the same as the managers, let them have all the pressure.

I suppose that comes down to the individual in these situations. I can only talk, in recent times anyway, on my bowling experiences. If I turn up for pure enjoyment reasons, I have no edge to my game and generally play hopeless. However, if I turn up with a bit of nerves, I am generally focussed and I'm UP FOR IT.

We need ALL our players to be UP FOR IT and whatever it takes for them to get to that state, let them do it.