PDA

View Full Version : Penalties

Onion
23-05-2013, 11:53 AM
Be great to even get to pens on Sunday, but could you watch ? Not sure I could.

MacBean
23-05-2013, 11:54 AM
Hibs have never lost a domestic penalty shoot out. I'd be watching :aok:

Just_Jimmy
23-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Imagine our end if someone needed to score to win it. Imagine the noise when the ball hit the net. Youd hear it in edinburgh.

God Petrie
23-05-2013, 11:56 AM
It doesn't bear thinking about - I would be absolutely soiling myself with nerves.

If that happens, someone sedate me for 10 mins then bring me round once it's over.

wearethehibs
23-05-2013, 11:59 AM
How can you make a spelling mistake in a 1 word tittle?

If it goes to penalties ill be happy as it means we have competed and taken the game all the way and it will come down to which team has the most bottle.

Craig_in_Prague
23-05-2013, 11:59 AM
My stomach is in knots just thinking of that!

But that would be outstanding for us, to take them to pens. Forster is a good keeper, but big Ben has been amazing for us at penalties. They are also a bit of a lottery, so in terms of chances to win, I'd take pens right now if offered !

JimBHibees
23-05-2013, 12:02 PM
My stomach is in knots just thinking of that!

But that would be outstanding for us, to take them to pens. Forster is a good keeper, but big Ben has been amazing for us at penalties. They are also a bit of a lottery, so in terms of chances to win, I'd take pens right now if offered !

Definitely.

Ryan91
23-05-2013, 12:05 PM
I'd be nervous as if it came down to pens, in all my time as a Hibby I've never been a witness to one in the flesh (watched the 04 Semi Shoot-out against the Huns on TV) but I know of our very good record in penalty shoot-outs (unbeaten in domestic cases, and only one loss total, I think).

To lose it on Penalties though would be absolutely soul destroying tbh, but the euphoria that would be experienced winning on Penalties can probably not be described in words.

DAVE1875
23-05-2013, 12:10 PM
Imagine our end if someone needed to score to win it. Imagine the noise when the ball hit the net. Youd hear it in edinburgh.

Iceland would think we're invading them

Onion
23-05-2013, 12:14 PM
I'd be nervous as if it came down to pens, in all my time as a Hibby I've never been a witness to one in the flesh (watched the 04 Semi Shoot-out against the Huns on TV) but I know of our very good record in penalty shoot-outs (unbeaten in domestic cases, and only one loss total, I think).

To lose it on Penalties though would be absolutely soul destroying tbh, but the euphoria that would be experienced winning on Penalties can probably not be described in words.

The thing I quite like about winning on pens is that we wouldn't have to wait for the final whistle (sheer torture !) When the last went in it would be utter bedlam in the Hibs end. Completely mental :thumbsup:

hibeemikey21
23-05-2013, 12:45 PM

If it goes to penalties ill be happy as it means we have competed and taken the game all the way and it will come down to which team has the most bottle.

Loooooool.

Purple & Green
23-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Be great to even get to pens on Sunday, but could you watch ? Not sure I could.

My thinking on this is would you rather be in a shoot out with a chance of winning or sitting at home watching it with every other club who didn't make the final. Got to be there, haven't you?

Watching it would probably age you 20 years though!

Time For Heroes
23-05-2013, 12:50 PM

Jokes on you buddy!

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 12:51 PM

Epic fail!!!!!!

:greengrin

danhibees1875
23-05-2013, 12:52 PM
Iceland would think we're invading them

Is that the West of Hampden's answer to East's ASDA? :greengrin

oconnors_strip
23-05-2013, 01:00 PM
Spoke to Ben about the game going to penalties and he said he would take one before claros. Save them and score one = legend

Sir David Gray
23-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Not sure I'd be able to cope with penalties on Sunday.

SeanWilson
23-05-2013, 01:11 PM
not a chance i could cope with pens... never been able to watch a shootout.

green.and.white
23-05-2013, 01:43 PM
I get nervous and tense watching a shootout between teams I don't care about (for some reason), so I can't imagine what I would be like if it was Hibs in the bleedin' cup final :greengrin

JMac
23-05-2013, 01:44 PM
Who would you all want to take the penalties? There's Leigh obviously and then Thomson would probs take one. Who after that though?

JimBHibees
23-05-2013, 01:48 PM
Who would you all want to take the penalties? There's Leigh obviously and then Thomson would probs take one. Who after that though?

I am not sure if the game went 120 mins Thommo would be on the park probably subbed by that point.

Would guess at

McGivern
Harris
Doyle
Taiwo
Leigh

lord bunberry
23-05-2013, 01:48 PM
I'm sure we have lost a domestic penalty shoot out, I think our record is that we haven't lost one to another premier league team. Did we not lose one away to falkirk a few years back?

Purple & Green
23-05-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm sure we have lost a domestic penalty shoot out, I think our record is that we haven't lost one to another premier league team. Did we not lose one away to falkirk a few years back?

No.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Im nervous just thinking about a penalty shoot out,
ROLL ON SUNDAY:flag:

clerriehibs
23-05-2013, 02:43 PM

Make sure Leigh is on the park until the end, unless we stroll into a 3 goal lead with minutes to go, and then he can have a farewell gig on his own.

If it does go to pens; have all the players, except Leigh, have themselves sent off at the full-time whistle. Smack the ref or something; no - smack Lennon.

Then Leigh'll take all our pens; not sure how he'll do in goals, but SOME of theirs will have to miss the target, no?!?!

Job done.

rcarter1
23-05-2013, 02:54 PM
Make sure Leigh is on the park until the end, unless we stroll into a 3 goal lead with minutes to go, and then he can have a farewell gig on his own.

If it does go to pens; have all the players, except Leigh, have themselves sent off at the full-time whistle. Smack the ref or something; no - smack Lennon.

Then Leigh'll take all our pens; not sure how he'll do in goals, but SOME of theirs will have to miss the target, no?!?!

Job done.

That is low down, sneaky, and down right brilliant! :top marks

JohnStephens91
23-05-2013, 03:01 PM
My sphincter would collapse if it went to penalties. My friend wants them, I don't, I would rather we won it outright but I guess we can't be picky.

heretoday
23-05-2013, 03:50 PM
I hope the boys have been practising pens. It would be a disaster to get to that stage and lose!

GlenrothesHibee
23-05-2013, 04:49 PM
I would quickly develop diarrhea if it went to pens

Waxy
23-05-2013, 04:58 PM
Imagine we score the winning pen.
But the ref makes us re take it.
I would jobby myself.

yeezus.
23-05-2013, 05:03 PM
It doesn't bear thinking about - I would be absolutely soiling myself with nerves.

If that happens, someone sedate me for 10 mins then bring me round once it's over.

Good shout! Couldn't watch. Literally couldn't watch last year because I was so hungover - just as well.

Liam89
23-05-2013, 05:05 PM
Imagine we score the winning pen.
But the ref makes us re take it.
I would jobby myself.

Hahahaha that is a traumatising thought!!

JHFC
23-05-2013, 05:08 PM

:greengrin

hibsbollah
23-05-2013, 05:14 PM
Just reading this thread is getting the pit of my stomach turning over. I just cant imagine how id survive that.

Eyrie
23-05-2013, 06:45 PM
For those concerned about a penalty shoot-out, I have only two words - Ben Williams.

Jonnyboy
23-05-2013, 08:14 PM
My thinking on this is would you rather be in a shoot out with a chance of winning or sitting at home watching it with every other club who didn't make the final. Got to be there, haven't you?

Watching it would probably age you 20 years though!

How true. After the ones I've seen folk don't believe me when I tell them I'm only 25 :greengrin

Winston Ingram
23-05-2013, 08:46 PM
We aren't exactly dripping in pen takers.

Assuming they've not been subbed I'd say...

Griffiths
Doyle
Thomson
McPake
Wotherspoon

AlbertK86
23-05-2013, 09:07 PM
Griffiths
McGivern
Thomson
Harris
Williams