PDA

View Full Version : The great man turnbull "belief"

Green Cabbage 7
22-05-2013, 07:41 PM
Watching the turnbull tornadoes DVD, great quote from Eddie " I had to instill belief into the players when I arrived that they were every bit as good if not better than Celtic". I hope that is what pat will be telling the boys for the final, because after that we defeated Celtic in 2 drybourgh cup finals and league cup final and that was against a very good Celtic side.

Phil D. Rolls
22-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Watching the turnbull tornadoes DVD, great quote from Eddie " I had to instill belief into the players when I arrived that they were every bit as good if not better than Celtic". I hope that is what pat will be telling the boys for the final, because after that we defeated Celtic in 2 drybourgh cup finals and league cup final and that was against a very good Celtic side.

Eddie was a quite good manager.

Alex Trager
22-05-2013, 08:16 PM
This is my point. I believe that if someone believes they can do it they can do it. That's not to say be cocky. Far from it. One thing you need is belief. And we can beat them. We really can.

Baader
22-05-2013, 10:18 PM
If a team has no belief they should just disband. No point asking anyone to support them if they can't do the same themselves. I would believe in hibs if we played on leith links and were up against Barcelona. Anything can happen in football and even if that means 0.01% of a chance that's still a chance.

We have a good chance on Sunday though and the players should know this. I'm sure they will. We need to get about them and let them know we mean business - since when did a positive outlook do any harm?