PDA

View Full Version : (NHC) Live radio from Broughton HS's Scottish Cup final

bob12345
22-05-2013, 06:32 PM
The last one of these you'll get from me (promise!).

Broughton High School U13 are currently underway against Grange Academy of Kilmarnock in the Scottish Cup final. You can listen live here - http://radio.youthfootballscotland.co.uk/broughton-high-school-v-grange-academy-ssfa-u13s-shield-final/

Good luck to the Edinburgh outfit!

Liams
22-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Great schoool!! Come on broughton!!!!!

HibeeMassive
22-05-2013, 06:54 PM
This is the first year of the football scholarship at Broughton, they've got a cracking wee side. Few Hibs u13s playing for them, good luck tonight lads!

bob12345
22-05-2013, 07:25 PM
Yeah - lots of Hibs youths in the team. Last 15 minutes, tie still in the balance...

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Great schoool!! Come on broughton!!!!!

Seconded - when were u there?

calumhibee1
22-05-2013, 08:07 PM
2-1 BHS full time! Wish they ran a thing like this when I was there, would have loved hours of footy training a week instead of classes!

Hibby cal
22-05-2013, 08:21 PM
My nephew Jason jarvis is playing for broughton. He is a hibs u13 player and very highly thought of down at east mains.he has been moved up to the u14s for rest of the season with boozy as his coach.
also his brother Lewis has just joined hibs u14s from hearts,he to is a great player.both boys are season ticket holders at Easter road and hibs mad
:flag::flag::pfgwa:flag::flag:

truehibernian
22-05-2013, 09:33 PM
Classic game of two halves tonight but Broughton's fitness and desire won them the cup - great game, both sides contributed to a quality final. JJ was kept quite quiet tonight but took a right sore elbow when he went off. Grange's number 8 was excellent - head and shoulders the best on the pitch.

But it's a team game and every Broughton player worked their socks off. The winning goal was a deft finish, really well taken. Big mention for Broughton's wee centre half though - smallest guy on the pitch but what a heart and what organising he did at the back. Never missed a tackle. Great seeing wee lads like that really take the game by the scruff.

Liams
22-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Seconded - when were u there?

Im a youngone, i left school in 2011, my year finished in 2012!!

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2013, 09:50 PM
Im a youngone, i left school in 2011, my year finished in 2012!!

Ah I've got a good few years more on the clock than ya then ;)

Biggie
22-05-2013, 10:21 PM
Ah I've got a good few years more on the clock than ya then ;)

Hey viva, you got as many miles as me.....I was at broughton '72 -'77

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2013, 07:00 AM

You were there just before my sister attended there. You probably attended around the Sam time as Aidan Smith in that case. I guess Jolly Olly was there, Mr Somerville, Colonel Meekie as we called hime and perhaps a youthful Mr Kelly (mad Jambo but good value)

Were you at Stocky?

A certain David Murray attended Broughton after his parents couldn't afford to put him through Fettes apparently.

frazeHFC
23-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Remember playing Broughton all through primary, can't remember much about them though. I don't think it was Broughton but did their primary get burnt down around 2004? I remember playing a school and the next day it was burnt to the ground, anyone know what school that was?

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2013, 07:46 AM
Remember playing Broughton all through primary, can't remember much about them though. I don't think it was Broughton but did their primary get burnt down around 2004? I remember playing a school and the next day it was burnt to the ground, anyone know what school that was?
That wasnt Broughton I think it was a Catholic school along from Gorgie? I don't think they rebuilt either ...

calumhibee1
23-05-2013, 07:50 AM

I'm thinking St Davids but I've no idea if that's right or not.

bubblesmorrison
23-05-2013, 04:52 PM
well done to the Broughton lads on a great win. wasn't to long ago that i was playing for the school (got the greatest at that time)

Was it not Craigroyston school that got burnt down?

Biggie
23-05-2013, 07:12 PM
You were there just before my sister attended there. You probably attended around the Sam time as Aidan Smith in that case. I guess Jolly Olly was there, Mr Somerville, Colonel Meekie as we called hime and perhaps a youthful Mr Kelly (mad Jambo but good value)

Were you at Stocky?

A certain David Murray attended Broughton after his parents couldn't afford to put him through Fettes apparently.
I think aiden smith was a couple of years ahead of me....but I was in the same year as his sister, Wendy.
I remember mr Somerville, and joly olly...I remember mike adamson, the p.e teacher.....top bloke, and of course Mighty Mouse Ian McLaughlin, who was a bit of a **** actually.......great times.......don't remember David Murray, do remember his brother Andrew.

Viva_Palmeiras
23-05-2013, 07:36 PM
I think aiden smith was a couple of years ahead of me....but I was in the same year as his sister, Wendy.
I remember mr Somerville, and joly olly...I remember mike adamson, the p.e teacher.....top bloke, and of course Mighty Mouse Ian McLaughlin, who was a bit of a **** actually.......great times.......don't remember David Murray, do remember his brother Andrew.

MM was a little before my time. Did you know Richard Yardley (Mark Yardley of the Saints) brother? Or Scott Drummond ? Anyway happy days I did enjoy my time there met a lot of people that won't walk past you if you meet them and its just like yesterday.

Seanair
23-05-2013, 07:58 PM

Were you at Stocky?

I think DM did go to Fettes but his father got into financial trouble and DM was sent to Broughton.

Willie Hunter (Motherwell and Hibs and Scotland) went to Broughton.

Fortiter et Recte!

McD
23-05-2013, 08:38 PM

My old man went to Broughton, think he left around 71ish, just after the 'new' school opened (now been replaced as well).
I could be off with the year though, just know he spent about a week in the new school :greengrin

offshorehibby
23-05-2013, 09:13 PM
I was at Broughton from '74 to '78

bob12345
24-05-2013, 06:58 AM
For anyone interested, here's a report from the game... http://youthfootballscotland.co.uk/clubs/south-east-region-clubs/south-east-region-news/125-broughton-high-school-news-/7219-amazing-late-show-crowns-broughton-national-champions