PDA

View Full Version : Celtic fans in the Hibs end…

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 02:33 PM
Just chatting today at work and it got raised about Celtic fans perhaps sitting in the Hibs end on Sunday. What would your reaction be to go to your seat and find a Celtic fan in the one next to you?

al bundy
22-05-2013, 02:35 PM
ask them to take a bath?

DanHFC1875
22-05-2013, 02:36 PM
My reaction would be hostile.

Oscar T Grouch
22-05-2013, 02:37 PM
They will more than likely no let it be know they're tic fans. If they were well behaved and didn't smell too bad I'd probably let them watch, if they started being usual smellie fans I'd get them hoiked oot by the G4S guys:greengrin

Speedy
22-05-2013, 02:37 PM
Provided they were sitting quietly and weren't causing any bother then I wouldn't care.

Why would I?

Edit: I wouldn't encourage it, obviously I want as many hibs fans to be there as possible.

scoopyboy
22-05-2013, 02:39 PM
I would ask my mates when they turned into Celtic fans.

Gus Fring
22-05-2013, 02:39 PM
If this happens I can't see it being more than a few as the vast majority of our tickets went to Season ticket holders and ballot winners where as the general sale needed you to be on the database.

But to answer the question, I'd leave them alone. They're the one who will have to share a stand with 1000's of delighted Hibees at full time :wink:

Aaron
22-05-2013, 02:40 PM
I remember sitting in their end at Darkhead when I could not get a ticket for our end. I got sussed out in 10 mins as I did / could not celebrate their goal. I suspect it would of been a different story if we beat them.

MB62
22-05-2013, 02:44 PM
Provided they were sitting quietly and weren't causing any bother then I wouldn't care.

Why would I?

Edit: I wouldn't encourage it, obviously I want as many hibs fans to be there as possible.

I got a text from a Celtc supporting relative from Cork asking if I could get him a ticket for the game as he was toiling. I politely told him there was no chance, even if I did have a spare ticket. I would rather give it away to a fellow Hibby than sell it to a 'dodger'.

Keith_M
22-05-2013, 02:49 PM
If you get the chance, watch some footage from the 2001 final. You'll see when they score literally hundreds of Celtc fans in the Hibs end.

To those who think it impossible for them to have got tickets;

- The Dundee ballot was open to anyone. It was possible to create a new membership and immediately buy tickets without ever having been on the DB before. I have a cousin (Hibs fan, fortunately) who did exactly this.

- Also, there was a thread on here about people selling their extra tickets on the open market. It's entirely the choice of ST holders what they want to do with their tickets, as the club made no rules on this, so I personally make no criticism. The only thing I do think is that I would prefer the Hibs end to be full of people supporting Hbs, not the opposition.

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2013, 02:53 PM
Just chatting today at work and it got raised about Celtic fans perhaps sitting in the Hibs end on Sunday. What would your reaction be to go to your seat and find a Celtic fan in the one next to you?

:stirrer:

Geo_1875
22-05-2013, 02:58 PM
I could have got a spare ticket next to mine, sold it for a fortune to a Celtc fan then spent 90 minutes either gloating in his face or punching lumps out of him.

Missed a trick there.

yeezus.
22-05-2013, 02:59 PM

Wouldn't bother me one bit. I come from a town full of Huns so I'm used to listening to the ugly sisters.

Sylar
22-05-2013, 02:59 PM
Surprised by the decency of responses so far.

More often than not, such threads encourage the perennial keyboard hardmen to pipe up that they'd "lamp the *******s" (or something equivalent).

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 03:00 PM
:stirrer:

Not at all.
I honestly wouldn’t mind unless he/she/it was a prat and started jumping around like a dafty (not daffy!) then they would be thrown to the stairs where a steward could actually earn their wage for once and throw them out.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2013, 03:01 PM
I would report them to the nearest steward, if they are making a Hibs fan miss out then I am going to make them miss out.

Gatecrasher
22-05-2013, 03:03 PM
no celtic fans welcome next to me thanks, They will be reported. :fenlon

Hibby70
22-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Murder, death, kill

easty
22-05-2013, 03:07 PM
Murder, death, kill

What seems to be your boggle?

SeanWilson
22-05-2013, 03:09 PM
was offered 500 notes for my two from an old soap dodging colleague today... politely told him where to invest his 500 notes...

Most certainly will be an unwashed contingent in our end. Sadly.

WHAM
22-05-2013, 03:12 PM
If you get the chance, watch some footage from the 2001 final. You'll see when they score literally hundreds of Celtc fans in the Hibs end.

Really?

To be honest, thats not my recollection of things. IIRC there were a "few" in the South Stand. I was sitting in the North that day and can't remember any near us.

JimBHibees
22-05-2013, 03:13 PM
Really?

To be honest, thats not my recollection of things. IIRC there were a "few" in the South Stand. I was sitting in the North that day and can't remember any near us.

I was in the North and can vividly remember 2 or 3 getting chucked out just after the first goal including Frank McDougall ex Sheep and St Mirren.

hibby rae
22-05-2013, 03:17 PM
What seems to be your boggle?

How much do you weigh?

WHAM
22-05-2013, 03:19 PM
I was in the North and can vividly remember 2 or 3 getting chucked out just after the first goal including Frank McDougall ex Sheep and St Mirren.

Fair enough. Must have been in a different section from us. Hardly the "hundreds" stated though.

I'm confident the Hibs End will be at least 99% Hibs on Sunday. Just as it has been the last few finals we have been in.

GGTTH

joe breezy
22-05-2013, 03:22 PM
There was a time when I would have given them a slap if they celebrated a goal...now I would just give them a piece of my mind :greengrin

calum.mcd
22-05-2013, 03:23 PM
More than a few, we were in the South in 2001 and there were dozens of them round about us. Neither stewards nor police were interested. Never really understood why they got in in the first place, blatantly obvious they were Celtic fans in the wrong end. No attempt at all to disguise the fact they were Celtic fans right from the start. Different rules obviously, no chance we'd have got in their end with Hibs colours on. Put even more of a downer on the day with them celebrating round about you.

LancashireHibby
22-05-2013, 03:25 PM
Would have taken some effort for them to get hold of a ticket, fair play to them for that. Wouldn't exactly be happy though, depending on their attitude.

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2013, 03:25 PM

I would welcome him with open arms and watch the game enjoying the banter. I would also remind him that I could take anything he could dish out should Celtic win but if he couldn't should Hibs win, then he would be better leaving before the game started.

Keith_M
22-05-2013, 03:40 PM
I would welcome him with open arms and watch the game enjoying the banter. I would also remind him that I could take anything he could dish out should Celtic win but if he couldn't should Hibs win then he would be better leaving before the game started.

Very magnanimous of you.

What if he was a Toffee as well? :greengrin

Albanian Hibs
22-05-2013, 03:42 PM
Report the *******s

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2013, 03:45 PM
Very magnanimous of you.

What if he was a Toffee as well? :greengrin

Even better as his expectations levels of actually winning in a final would be extremely low. :greengrin

Killiehibbie
22-05-2013, 03:55 PM
I spent the first half of the last final in their end but managed to suffer the second half in the right end. I think the wee guy who gave me his seat must be old enough for me to buy him a pint now.

Bukta#8
22-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Report the *******s

Depends wether he had a nice quarter of sweeties with him perhaps sports mixtures or soor plooms

Jamesie
22-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Heard a story about two boys who were wearing a Hibs / Celtic "half and half" top - they had literally cut each shirt in half and stitched half of each shirt together. What on earth were they thinking? Unsurprisingly they were launched early doors.

Stringer
22-05-2013, 04:52 PM
Going home in coffins :cb

eastterrace
22-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Really?

i agree think a bit over the top saying there were hundreds, there were a few in the south stand , anyway last years final i was in the north stand and a father with his daughter came in and sat about 3 seats away with there hearts scarfs on, the stewards told them to take there scarfs off. cant remember what happened during the game cause it ended up a bit of a blur.:flag:

G15 Hibs
22-05-2013, 05:14 PM
***** in their bovril.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2013, 05:20 PM
Ask them for their ticket stub so I can trace the so called Hibby who wants to ensure that the opposition have more supporters at a Scottish Cup final than us. In the hope that Hibs will take action to launch the fud.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2013, 05:24 PM
I wouldn't think anything bad about the fans because all they doing is using every opportunity to watch their team. What I would think about any Hibs fan giving their tickets to opposition fans when there is such a clamour for them from our own support, is an opnion I will keep to myself.

Green Cabbage 7
22-05-2013, 05:54 PM
i agree think a bit over the top saying there were hundreds, there were a few in the south stand , anyway last years final i was in the north stand and a father with his daughter came in and sat about 3 seats away with there hearts scarfs on, the stewards told them to take there scarfs off. cant remember what happened during the game cause it ended up a bit of a blur.:flag:

I know of a couple of hibbys in the yams
end said it was brutal

zosohibee
22-05-2013, 06:07 PM
"Sorry Hibees but you are going up the road with no cup and no Griffiths!......... Make sure and give the bhoy the right send off on his way to the Champions!" Just seen this posted by a Celtic fan, a Celtic fanny rather

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 06:14 PM
I would be asking which one of our deserving st holders sold them a ticket.

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 06:16 PM

To those who think it impossible for them to have got tickets;

- The Dundee ballot was open to anyone. It was possible to create a new membership and immediately buy tickets without ever having been on the DB before. I have a cousin (Hibs fan, fortunately) who did exactly this.

- Also, there was a thread on here about people selling their extra tickets on the open market. It's entirely the choice of ST holders what they want to do with their tickets, as the club made no rules on this, so I personally make no criticism. The only thing I do think is that I would prefer the Hibs end to be full of people supporting Hbs, not the opposition.

If anyone sold their ticket on the open market, then presumably it was with the intention of a mark-up. So on the rare occasion it happened, and wasn't rumbled before a sell was made, then the numbers of 'tics in the Hibs end will be minimal, and in those rare cases, criticism is justified (you are not allowed to sell the tickets on at a profit).

Although I think a sporadic walk-up who won on one of the ballots is light years more likely to sell a spare on the open market than a committed to the club ST holder.

Not that I would tar any group of hibbies with the same brush.

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 06:19 PM
I would be asking which one of our deserving st holders sold them a ticket.

Not ballot winners, then?

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 06:21 PM
Not ballot winners, then?
And the chances of that would be?

Hibby Gav
22-05-2013, 06:24 PM

Just tell him how lucky he is....he's gonna see history written in front of him...invite him to the parade on Monday and tell him there is free soap for all !

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 06:26 PM
And the chances of that would be?

The chances of a ballot winner selling on their spare? Probably more likely than a ST holder doing the same, imho.

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 06:30 PM
The chances of a ballot winner selling on their spare? Probably more likely than a ST holder doing the same, imho.
So season ticket holders are now more honourable than non season ticket holders and just generally better people?
chances are it would be a spare ticket from a st holder since there are a lot more st than ballot tickets.

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 06:33 PM
So season ticket holders are now more honourable than non season ticket holders and just generally better people?
chances are it would be a spare ticket from a st holder since there are a lot more st than ballot tickets.

Your point was that you'd want to know which ST holder flogged the celtc fan a ticket. You didn't seem to think it could have come from a ballot winner.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Your point was that you'd want to know which ST holder flogged the celtc fan a ticket. You didn't seem to think it could have come from a ballot winner.

Or even just bought in the public sale :agree:.

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 06:38 PM
Simply going on probability. St holders got most of the spare tickets so chances are it would be a st spare. But ok take the point it might not be.
You however have judged ballot winners to be more likely to be the sort of person who would sell their ticket.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2013, 06:40 PM
If there's any Celtic fans near me, they'll be getting reported to the nearest steward and/or police officer.

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Simply going on probability. St holders got most of the spare tickets so chances are it would be a st spare. But ok take the point it might not be.
You however have judged ballot winners to be more likely to be the sort of person who would sell their ticket.

No more than you did the reverse.

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 06:48 PM
No more than you did the reverse.
My argument was based on mathematical probability not judgement of character. I am a season ticket holder and have a ticket, on and off I have had a st. In the years I have been a walk up I think of myself no more or less a hibs fan. I know of some very big hibs fans who couldn't get a ticket this year and I think that is fair enough. A perk of a st is that you get first shout. Doesn't make you a better fan.

Brizo
22-05-2013, 06:49 PM
Bejabbers and begorrah its the all green final. If any of our cousins are sitting beside me ill be more than happy to share my soda bread and some craic with them. Might even give them a shot of my penny whistle. Whoever wins itll be a grand day for ould mither Oireland.

MWHIBBIES
22-05-2013, 06:52 PM
"Sorry Hibees but you are going up the road with no cup and no Griffiths!......... Make sure and give the bhoy the right send off on his way to the Champions!" Just seen this posted by a Celtic fan, a Celtic fanny ratherCringeworthy. ''the bhoy'' :rolleyes:

Horrible lot, even if they beat us I'll smile and be glad I aint one of them.

PerfectlyFranck
22-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Most of the touters and rumoured Celtc occupations are in the West/South.

Thankfully I'll be amongst a ticket allocation of 70 in the North and I can be blissfully ignorant on the day.
After some incidents at last year's final and the amount of touters & Celtc fans looking for (or claiming to have) a ticket in the Hibs end - I feel sorry for the Hibs fans that will have to endure these things on our greatest day in most people's memory.

Bristolhibby
22-05-2013, 07:18 PM
How much do you weigh?

Ha,ha,ha, you don't know how to use the three shells.

Eganov
22-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Not picked up my tickets yet, we in the currants or smeltic end?

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 07:24 PM
My argument was based on mathematical probability not judgement of character. I am a season ticket holder and have a ticket, on and off I have had a st. In the years I have been a walk up I think of myself no more or less a hibs fan. I know of some very big hibs fans who couldn't get a ticket this year and I think that is fair enough. A perk of a st is that you get first shout. Doesn't make you a better fan.

Your mathematical probability wasn't worth the generalisation. ST holders maybe had their hands on 16k tickets. The numbers of season ticket holders who are celtc fans is as close to zero as makes no difference, and ST Hibs fans passing on tickets to celtc fans will be minimal.

There were probably about 6k tickets open to general sale and ballot winners; there would be a statistically relevant number of celtc fans getting their hands on tickets, and they would almost certainly also pass on their spare to a celtc fan. There will also be debenture holders passing on their right to buy to the wrong side.

So if you find yourself next to a celtc fan ... don't jump to the conclusion their ticket came courtesy of a ST holder, because the mathematical probability is that it didn't.

Topographic Hibby
22-05-2013, 07:32 PM
Can I be really dim here,

....is it not an criminal or even civil offence to gain entry to part a football stadium when it is clearly evident that you are supporting the "wrong side" Should such rule breakers be denied entry at the gate or thrown out when they make themselves known? Are they not deemed to be deliberately provoking trouble?

Also applies to Hibbys in the unwashed end, to be fair....

itslegaltender
22-05-2013, 07:39 PM
Turf them out. No room for them.

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 07:49 PM
Your mathematical probability wasn't worth the generalisation. ST holders maybe had their hands on 16k tickets. The numbers of season ticket holders who are celtc fans is as close to zero as makes no difference, and ST Hibs fans passing on tickets to celtc fans will be minimal.

There were probably about 6k tickets open to general sale and ballot winners; there would be a statistically relevant number of celtc fans getting their hands on tickets, and they would almost certainly also pass on their spare to a celtc fan. There will also be debenture holders passing on their right to buy to the wrong side.

So if you find yourself next to a celtc fan ... don't jump to the conclusion their ticket came courtesy of a ST holder, because the mathematical probability is that it didn't.

Thankyou for backing up my mathematical probability theory with numbers to prove it. To be honest I don't really disagree with you, it was your implication that st holders are somehow more honourable hibs fans that they won't give up tickets to unknowns that I don't agree with me. Just ask yourself how many non st holders you know who have a ticket who they got from mates mates granny who they don't know. These could easily have come from st holders and eventually found their way to a Celtic fan.

Ringothedog
22-05-2013, 08:00 PM
I may be being a bit dim here,but hampden holds 52000,we and Celtic were given 21k tickets,this leaves 10k tickets. I would suggest that Celtic fans will be in most of these debenture/extra seats. This will mean that there will be Celtic fans in our part of the ground but mostly in the south stand

Hibernia Na Eir
22-05-2013, 08:01 PM
I may be being a bit dim here,but hampden holds 52000,we and Celtic were given 21k tickets,this leaves 10k tickets. I would suggest that Celtic fans will be in most of these debenture/extra seats. This will mean that there will be Celtic fans in our part of the ground but mostly in the south stand

exactly what happened in 2001 IIRC.

clerriehibs
22-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Thankyou for backing up my mathematical probability theory with numbers to prove it. To be honest I don't really disagree with you, it was your implication that st holders are somehow more honourable hibs fans that they won't give up tickets to unknowns that I don't agree with me. Just ask yourself how many non st holders you know who have a ticket who they got from mates mates granny who they don't know. These could easily have come from st holders and eventually found their way to a Celtic fan.

You'll have to read what I wrote again. but it can be summarised as; 0% of 16k is less than 1% of 6k.

I don't absolutely dispute what you're saying either. There will be celtc fans in the Hibs end. I just take offence at the default position that those tickets will have been sourced from ST holders, when it's as or more likely that they will have come from other sources. The blame at the ST holders' door seems to have followed on from the annoyance that current and next season ST holders were getting the right to two CF tickets.

It's like blaming the gypsies down the road for nicking your dug. It might or might not be true, but you (generic) can't just say it because they annoy you.

lord bunberry
22-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I will be really annoyed if there is any celtic fans near me, I want to go to hampden and enjoy the day with friends and family I don't want to have celtic fans anywhere near me as it inevitably leads to trouble. There will be a few kids and pensioners in our group that last thing they need is to be in the middle of a fight

Ringothedog
22-05-2013, 08:05 PM
exactly what happened in 2001 IIRC.

:agree:

HibeeMG
22-05-2013, 08:36 PM
You'll have to read what I wrote again. but it can be summarised as; 0% of 16k is less than 1% of 6k.

I don't absolutely dispute what you're saying either. There will be celtc fans in the Hibs end. I just take offence at the default position that those tickets will have been sourced from ST holders, when it's as or more likely that they will have come from other sources. The blame at the ST holders' door seems to have followed on from the annoyance that current and next season ST holders were getting the right to two CF tickets.

It's like blaming the gypsies down the road for nicking your dug. It might or might not be true, but you (generic) can't just say it because they annoy you.

If they're peg selling gypsies then they'll be Hibs fans so they'll be in the right end of the ground. They'll not get in with a dog whether it's theirs or not.

:greengrin

Vini1875
22-05-2013, 08:49 PM
This sort of thing is always over estimated. Last year there was claims of hundreds on both sides being in the wrong end. The debenture seats aside I doubt there will be many in the wrong ends. When they come to ER they hardly fill the spare seats when there is loads for them and they only have 3,500 in the south stand.

I have watched Hibs very occasionally in the wrong end and it was always a horrible experience. I would personally rather watch on the TV than go in the other end.

pacorosssco
22-05-2013, 09:32 PM

not ideal but i say give them the benefit of a smell then politely draw a stewards attention then patiently wait to be escorted out the ground while the steward takes your seat with his wife next to you.

edinburghhibee
22-05-2013, 10:19 PM
I remember sitting in their end at Darkhead when I could not get a ticket for our end. I got sussed out in 10 mins as I did / could not celebrate their goal. I suspect it would of been a different story if we beat them.

I went to parkhead when we won 2-1 and got tickets in the posh seats in the middle of the stand from a mate. Celtic scored fairly early and when I didn't celebrate the old guy next to me said your no a Celtic fan are you son?? I told him that I was just bringing my dad to Celtic park for the atmosphere as we didn't support a team.

Anyway as we know hibs scored and I started clapping and the boy in front began shouting at me eventually he calmed down and when hibs scored in the last minute I just couldn't hold it in I shot out my seat and was going mental!!! It was the Celtic fan who got chucked out and we enjoyed the free bar after the game delighted!!!

JohnStephens91
22-05-2013, 10:57 PM
If a smelly is sitting next to me they will be reported to a steward. I don't care if they are nice, I am there in the Hibs end to share the day with our supporters and expect to be sitting next to one, not a fan of Celtic.

Vini1875
22-05-2013, 11:12 PM
How many folk really believe a steward will deal with this?

pacorosssco
22-05-2013, 11:26 PM

Stewards Must Die.

Im sure a few post on here but sorry what is the point. Either power hungry wanna be/trying to be Plod or not interested in taking responsibilty.

Its a hard one for the wage but its like ronsil does what it says on the tin.

Football supporters dont talk back do as your told sit down shut up.

Always remember Hearts semi 2006 I did a bus and went conveyors meeting ER with Glasgow finest. As well as Head of Glasgow Police spoke his I don't believe you get it worse in Glasgow than OF fans get in Edinburgh speech.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 11:32 PM

:agree::agree::agree::top marks.

Kidding themselves on if they think the stewards will get involved. And I'm still curious how folk will identify them. I've been in the home end at both parkhead and ibrox when we've played there and I knew not to give it away. I'm sure any celtic fans in our end will be the same. Couldn't tell you the amount of times I've been in the HOME end when Scotland have been away and it's never been a problem. Also been to places like the Nou camp as a neutral, in the Barca end despite hating them with a passion.

pacorosssco
22-05-2013, 11:37 PM

Kidding themselves on if they think the stewards will get involved. And I'm still curious how folk will identify them. I've been in the home end at both parkhead and ibrox when we've played there and I knew not to give it away. I'm sure any celtic fans in our end will be the same. Couldn't tell you the amount of times I've been in the HOME end when Scotland have been away and it's never been a problem. Also been to places like the Nou camp as a neutral, in the Barca end despite hating them with a passion.

Not been Ipox or darkheid in three years but treat much worse at darkheid for a long time .

Policewomen- I know you cant see but stand up and your lifted.

They dont get that ER

Sir David Gray
22-05-2013, 11:52 PM

As I've said, if there are any Celtic fans sitting close to me on Sunday, I'll be speaking to the nearest steward and/or police officer.

If I get no joy from the steward then the police officer will be informed.

I'm not particularly bothered if there's someone that I believe is a Celtic fan who just sits on his seat and says nothing during the game. I could put up with that.

But if Celtic score early and there's someone clapping or cheering or providing any kind of vocal support to Celtic then I'm not prepared to accept that.

HibeeMG
23-05-2013, 01:00 AM

So.... not really neutral then?

Onion
23-05-2013, 06:30 AM
I will be really annoyed if there is any celtic fans near me, I want to go to hampden and enjoy the day with friends and family I don't want to have celtic fans anywhere near me as it inevitably leads to trouble. There will be a few kids and pensioners in our group that last thing they need is to be in the middle of a fight

Hangers on who wish they were Hibbies and just want to join in our celebrations when we finally win that cup :wink:

Mr White
23-05-2013, 06:43 AM
Not defending their patronising wee cousins nonsense, but I suspect that if we win on Sunday a significant amounts of Celtc fans will remain in the ground to applaud the hibees. Just because it's patronising doesn't mean they're not sincere, and a few of them are capable of being quite sporting.

Hibby70
23-05-2013, 06:58 AM
Send a maniac to catch a maniac.

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 07:00 AM
As nobody's mentioned it so far....

I wonder how many Hibbies will be in the Celtc end :hmmm:

Killiehibbie
23-05-2013, 07:23 AM
As nobody's mentioned it so far....

I wonder how many Hibbies will be in the Celtc end :hmmm:
Get a thread going to organise a swap of tickets for anybody in the wrong end.

Onion
23-05-2013, 08:00 AM
Not defending their patronising wee cousins nonsense, but I suspect that if we win on Sunday a significant amounts of Celtc fans will remain in the ground to applaud the hibees. Just because it's patronising doesn't mean they're not sincere, and a few of them are capable of being quite sporting.

Usually, I'd see that as a nice gesture from opposing fans, but not this time. That would not only be patronising in the extreme, it would be designed to try hi-jack OUR moment ("the best-fans-in-the-world, blah, blah").

Let's be quite clear here. IF Hibs win the cup the ONLY people who are entitled to celebrate that historic moment would be the HIBS FANS, the HIBS TEAM, the HIBS STAFF and the good people of Leith. We've carried this cross for 111 years and we don't want or need a faceless Hampden DJ, TV companies, TV commentators, the SFA, Scottish Press, journos or Celtic fans suddenly rejoicing in our moment of glory. The vast majority of these people have taken great pleasure in mocking Hibs Scottish Cup record for decades, and in the main have been quite happy to see us suffering every cup agony.

Nope, I hope the Celtic fans just **** off at full time and leave the Hibs fans, Hibs players and the manager to enjoy our Hampden moment. We'll have earned it :greengrin

hungryhibs
23-05-2013, 08:33 AM
well a couple of my mates are celtic fans and have been all there life but they have had hibs season tickets for the last 3/4 years followed hibs both home and away and every cup round and even said a want hibs 2 win it this is there year so for me they are more untitled 2 go 2 the game more that the so called sofa supporters that done even go 2 home games

Keith_M
23-05-2013, 08:54 AM
well a couple of my mates are celtic fans and have been all there life but they have had hibs season tickets for the last 3/4 years followed hibs both home and away and every cup round and even said a want hibs 2 win it this is there year so for me they are more untitled 2 go 2 the game more that the so called sofa supporters that done even go 2 home games

Doesn't that actually make them Hibs fans?

:dunno:

JimBHibees
23-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Fair enough. Must have been in a different section from us. Hardly the "hundreds" stated though.

I'm confident the Hibs End will be at least 99% Hibs on Sunday. Just as it has been the last few finals we have been in.

GGTTH

I am sure it will be.

Phil MaGlass
23-05-2013, 09:04 AM
I wouldn't think anything bad about the fans because all they doing is using every opportunity to watch their team. What I would think about any Hibs fan giving their tickets to opposition fans when there is such a clamour for them from our own support, is an opnion I will keep to myself.

yuuuup, this post.:agree:

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2013, 09:13 AM
I hope there are no smellies in our end, as if we do get beat then we all know there is an element of our support who wont be very happy. Its a recipe for trouble.

Broken Gnome
23-05-2013, 09:22 AM
And if we were playing Rangers....??

hungryhibs
23-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Doesn't that actually make them Hibs fans?

:dunno:

thats what a say 2 them but they still claim they are celtic fans ha ha:flag:

DH1875
23-05-2013, 10:27 AM
So.... not really neutral then?

:greengrin but I wasn't a fan of the other teams either :na na:.

Anyone been to an oldfirm game? I've been to a few over the years and no-one other than the guy's I was with knew I was a Hibs fan. Been to Clyde, Thistle and the old Falkirk stadium as well when we've no been playing. Best one was when I went to see Falkirk v Airdrie and I had my hibs top on under my jacket and scarf in my pocket :hide:.
Point is, unless their completely stupid and shout it from the roof tops, no-one will know.

NAE NOOKIE
23-05-2013, 05:43 PM

Thats the trouble with cup finals and semis and that. You end up having to sit next to uncouth non ST holders, some of whom havnt even got this years home top. I bet at tea time some of them drink Lager rather than a nice red or white wine..... I suppose its the modern way that Hibernian are obliged to let these types into matches.

Thankfully at Easter Road our section is mostly ST holders .... There was talk that we had a walk up person there at one home game, but after he was questioned it turned out he had just been keeping a friend company in the ticket booth queue. Phew, just as well. Its ghastly when you have to pull these people up, its embarrassing for them and us.

:greengrin

blackpoolhibs
23-05-2013, 07:59 PM
If anyone saw the numptys that were at our semi final boxing with our own fans :rolleyes: I dont fancy being near any tic fan to be honest, especially if they make it known who they are.

connerg
23-05-2013, 08:32 PM
Usually, I'd see that as a nice gesture from opposing fans, but not this time. That would not only be patronising in the extreme, it would be designed to try hi-jack OUR moment ("the best-fans-in-the-world, blah, blah").

Let's be quite clear here. IF Hibs win the cup the ONLY people who are entitled to celebrate that historic moment would be the HIBS FANS, the HIBS TEAM, the HIBS STAFF and the good people of Leith. We've carried this cross for 111 years and we don't want or need a faceless Hampden DJ, TV companies, TV commentators, the SFA, Scottish Press, journos or Celtic fans suddenly rejoicing in our moment of glory. The vast majority of these people have taken great pleasure in mocking Hibs Scottish Cup record for decades, and in the main have been quite happy to see us suffering every cup agony.

Nope, I hope the Celtic fans just **** off at full time and leave the Hibs fans, Hibs players and the manager to enjoy our Hampden moment. We'll have earned it :greengrin
:top marksWell said, take a bow :not worth

yekimevol
23-05-2013, 08:37 PM
I would report them to the nearest steward, if they are making a Hibs fan miss out then I am going to make them miss out.

:top marks:top marks:top marks

jabis
23-05-2013, 08:45 PM

on my sofa,giving you "the middle one".

Jonnyboy
23-05-2013, 08:57 PM

Can't you help them out by suggesting to their collective brain cell that they're maybe a tad confused? :wink:

hungryhibs
23-05-2013, 09:56 PM
on my sofa,giving you "the middle one".

:thumbsup:

hungryhibs
23-05-2013, 09:58 PM
Can't you help them out by suggesting to their collective brain cell that they're maybe a tad confused? :wink:

think they have a soft side for hibs and so they should after all we are the big team fi Edinburgh :pfgwa

Teapot
23-05-2013, 10:17 PM
I would hate to be stuck next to a tic fan. I'd like to think i would report them but it depends how big they are :greengrin.

On a side note one of the tic fans said to me tonight that he wants us to win so he doesn't ever have to hear the yams sing about nineteen02. One of the strangest comments i have ever heard. I dunno if that says more about the yams singing or the fact he clearly doesn't value this competition :confused:

pacorosssco
23-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Celtic must die.

neilmartinrocks
23-05-2013, 11:36 PM
If I cannae get a ticket for the Hibs end I'll be sitting wi' 22,000 o' the *****.:greengrin

Although I may have to leave my "Lee Harvey Oswald Rocks" t shirt at home.

JOD
24-05-2013, 12:18 AM
I remember 1902 final.

We simply just swapped ends no probs.

Whats all the fuss about ?

:cb