PDA

View Full Version : What's been your best moment of the cup campaign so far?

IanM
22-05-2013, 10:44 AM
as it says on the tin

MacBean
22-05-2013, 10:51 AM
The emotions i felt at Hampden last month will probably never be matched in 120 minutes again for a long time.

The win against Hearts was great for the result but a really boring spectacle to watch, but the atmosphere was brilliant.

For me, Big Ben's double save is my favourite moment. Had he not made that save, would we still be in the cup?

Stevie Reid
22-05-2013, 10:55 AM
It all leads back to Wotherspoon's winner v Hearts. Most important win versus Hearts we have ever had, and the feeling of relief was unbelievable.

So many great memories of an unbelievable campaign though.

JHFC
22-05-2013, 10:56 AM
Has to be Griffiths' winner against Falkirk. Everyone just went mental!!

littleplum
22-05-2013, 10:59 AM
Many great moments- Deegan's strike may well be the best I've seen at ER. However, at no point this season have I shouted louder or jumped higher than when Spoony's defelcted shot looped over McDonald's head. The season isn't over though :wink:

stoneyburn hibs
22-05-2013, 11:08 AM
It all leads back to Wotherspoon's winner v Hearts. Most important win versus Hearts we have ever had, and the feeling of relief was unbelievable.

So many great memories of an unbelievable campaign though.

This, it was such a great feeling to put them out of the cup after last season.

Wheat Hound
22-05-2013, 11:11 AM
Not necessarily the best moment but the atmosphere in our end v Killie was immense; the most I've ever felt a stand actually bounce.

Oscar T Grouch
22-05-2013, 11:12 AM
It was a tough one this, but I went for humping the yams oot the cup, leaving them the team that held onto the trophy for the shortest time ever in the history of fitba' Close second was coming back fi 3-0 down agains the bairns. Obviously if it goes well on Sunday this will change :greengrin

Pat 0-7
22-05-2013, 11:14 AM
It was a tough one this, but I went for humping the yams oot the cup, leaving them the team that held onto the trophy for the shortest time ever in the history of fitba' Close second was coming back fi 3-0 down agains the bairns. Obviously if it goes well on Sunday this will change :greengrin

:aok:

Winning against them, has to be, pure joy....................the comeback against Falkirk was great but it was more a sense of relief that we hadn't ****** it up that I felt.........

SlickShoes
22-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Sadly I was on holiday when the Semi Final was on, the first game we have had at hampden that I have missed since 2001. Anyway with missing that it has to be knocking hearts out last year, that set us on the way to where we are now and ended any notion they had of "ending us" it just makes me wish we had this years team last year.

Hibs07p
22-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Could've opted for anyone of those choices. Nervous display against them, but great time to score. Unbelievable strike against the Dons and great penalty save from big Ben. Killie was great for atmosphere and just knew we were going to do it despite the refs performance. Collective display in the semi from starting piss poor to over running the bairns edges it for me. There has been a lot of controversy during our cup run this year and I just hope at 5.00 pm on Sunday we are giving Sunshine on Leith it's greatest ever rendition at Hampden.

GGTTH

Gatecrasher
22-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Zal's goal to put us through to the next round :thumbsup:

allezsauzee
22-05-2013, 11:45 AM
From the point of view of what i actually enjoyed most so far during the cup run it was the game against Killie and Leigh's virtuoso striking performance that day. Really good performance by the team and an even better performance by the Hibs support. Brilliant atmosphere

Lester B
22-05-2013, 11:46 AM
I went for Deegan's goal just because almost all of the match was terrible apart from that amazing strike!

22-05-2013, 11:50 AM
When we won the cup in 2007 I could easily tell you the best moment of that cup run - Rob Jones' winner v hearts at ER, no contest. However, for this cup run I have to say its a lot more difficult to pick a favourite moment, it's been the most amazing cup run I think I've ever experienced. Obviously knocking out the hearts at Easter Road the same year they won it was special and it took a lot of guts to face them in the cup again especially after what happened last year. I was in the east that night and when Spoonys goal went in the place just went into complete madness! Also at the end when an injured Sparky hoped right over to the east to celebrate lol! Great night.

The semi final at hampden is proberly the biggest football rollercoaster i've ever experienced. We went through every emotion possible that day - from the extreme dispair at half time to the extreme ecstacy when Doyle equalised then of course the place just erupting at Sparkys winner! I have never walked away from a football game so exhausted in all my life! Unbelievable! I honestly never imagined that we had it in us to pull something like that off.

Been an incrediable cup run, lets just hope we top it all off on sunday and there is one more very special moment to come :thumbsup:

HibbySpurs
22-05-2013, 12:09 PM
The winner in the semi for me.... From where I was in the East Stand I was on a direct line between me - The goal and Sparky.....

I saw ever ove the ball made as it sailed towards the net, it was one of those weird slow mo moments as I watched it slam home :thumbsup:

wont forget it in a hurry.

Mind stuffing the yams was reasonably memorable as well:cb

Geo_1875
22-05-2013, 12:10 PM
I cheated and went for beating Celtc cause I always live in hope.

As for the cup games this season. It's probably the first time I've seen Hibs get better with each game building up to the final. Hopefully it continues in the next round.

NAE NOOKIE
22-05-2013, 05:10 PM
Voted for beating the Yams ....... coz thats always brilliant and meant they would lose their grip on the cup about 5 minutes after winning it.

But its been some run:

Deegan's goal against Aberdeen was a peach.

The atmosphere at Rugby Park was fantastic, as good a Hibs support as I've been in.

The Semi was just incredible ... I dont think I have ever went from abject misery to utter joy at a match like I did at that one. I have to say though that IMO the reaction to Doyle's equalizer was probably even more mental than Griffiths winner, at least around where I was sitting.

The final ..... ?

Alfred E Newman
22-05-2013, 05:23 PM
The relief when Doyles 20 harder hit the net and the realisation the our cup dream wad still alive is the key moment for me.

adhibs
22-05-2013, 05:31 PM
knocking out hearts but might've been the semi if i'd stayed, still nearly as good even though i seen all our goals in a pub. Does the huns dying come under this season? thats up there with they two if so.

HFC07
22-05-2013, 05:41 PM
Leigh's winner against Falkirk was amazing, total adulation coupled with relief what an amazing result.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2013, 06:44 PM
Sparky's winner against Falkirk was probably the best moment I have ever had as a Hibs fan.

Benny Brazil
22-05-2013, 07:06 PM
I went for coming back from 3-0 down against Falkirk - that whole day summed up life as a Hibs fan for me - from the ridiculous to the sublime.
Shame there wasn't an option there for the atmosphere at the Killie game - truly exceptional Hibs support that day and how that stand is still in one piece is a mystery :greengrin

Benny Brazil
22-05-2013, 07:08 PM
knocking out hearts but might've been the semi if i'd stayed, still nearly as good even though i seen all our goals in a pub. Does the huns dying come under this season? thats up there with they two if so.

Think the key is in the thread title "What's been your best moment of the cup campaign so far?" :wink:

Nomeancity
22-05-2013, 07:12 PM
When I got up to leave at 3-0 and my kids refused to go with me. So I stayed.

adhibs
22-05-2013, 07:18 PM
Think the key is in the thread title "What's been your best moment of the cup campaign so far?" :wink:

Aye haha just noticed. Clearly just reading what I want

Makaveli
22-05-2013, 07:19 PM
Doyle's equaliser.

But what a run it's been! Drama and ecstasy in every round... I can't remember anything like it.

Benny Brazil
22-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Aye haha just noticed. Clearly just reading what I want

No worries mate - put it down to Pre Cup final excitement :thumbsup:

Sudds_1
22-05-2013, 07:30 PM
Voted for beating the Yams ....... coz thats always brilliant and meant they would lose their grip on the cup about 5 minutes after winning it.

But its been some run:

Deegan's goal against Aberdeen was a peach.

The atmosphere at Rugby Park was fantastic, as good a Hibs support as I've been in.

The Semi was just incredible ... I dont think I have ever went from abject misery to utter joy at a match like I did at that one. I have to say though that IMO the reaction to Doyle's equalizer was probably even more mental than Griffiths winner, at least around where I was sitting.

The final ..... ?

can't argue with any of that......same for me!

Waxy
22-05-2013, 07:40 PM
When Doylers 20 yard bobbler went in.
From thinking we were out,to thinking our name is on the cup.

Greentinted
22-05-2013, 07:42 PM
My best 'moment' was Spoony's goal v Hearts. Even at the time, the raw emotion that washed over me indicated the start of 'something' - be it a cup run, or an end to their tarnished dominance or whatever.
You just knew they were not going to recover from that and rally - they still haven't, and probably never will.
When that hit the net, the result was never in question and while not quite exorcising the ghost of May '12, it was at least a step or two in the right direction...it was the opening lines in a narrative which, all being well, will culminate in the happiest of happy endings in a few days time.

3pm
22-05-2013, 07:46 PM
Griffiths making it 3-2 v Killie.

One of the best atmosphere's at a Hibs games in years.

Waxy
22-05-2013, 07:48 PM
My best 'moment' was Spoony's goal v Hearts. Even at the time, the raw emotion that washed over me indicated the start of 'something' - be it a cup run, or an end to their tarnished dominance or whatever.
You just knew they were not going to recover from that and rally - they still haven't, and probably never will.
When that hit the net, the result was never in question and while not quite exorcising the ghost of May '12, it was at least a step or two in the right direction...it was the opening lines in a narrative which, all being well, will culminate in the happiest of happy endings in a few days time.Good post.Though we might not be able to forget the 12th may last year.we made them the shortist cup holders ever.

hibs4thecup1988
22-05-2013, 07:50 PM
Griffiths making it 3-2 v Killie.

One of the best atmosphere's at a Hibs games in years.

This. Every day of the week for me. Atmosphere was simply awesome.

There has been moments in every round that have been crucial though.

Zals own goal.
Deegans awesome strike...I still feel he should have passed....Bens peno save
Atmosphere at killie..will never forget mcpake shouting fenlon over prematch and pointing to us all
And then the semi.

If ever there was a year we deserved it it is this year!!

yeezus.
22-05-2013, 08:50 PM
Seeing the look on the Yams faces when they knew that we had knocked them out and handed them the shortest reign of Scottish Cup holders in decades.

erin go bragh
22-05-2013, 09:40 PM
Didn't think it would be possible to feel more elated after knocking them out ,but after the turnaround in the semi :cb winning it would blow away both .

ggtth

RIP Bestie
23-05-2013, 12:52 AM
Watching extra time in Ryries at Haymarket after leaving Hampden after 3rd Falkirk goal.
Place was full of ****. Need I say more:na na:

HibeeMG
23-05-2013, 01:27 AM
Watching extra time in Ryries at Haymarket after leaving Hampden after 3rd Falkirk goal.
Place was full of ****. Need I say more:na na:

:rolleyes:

Mine's might have been deciding to stay in Hampden, along with thousands more Hibby's, for the second half.

JMac
23-05-2013, 03:47 AM
What a cup run it has been when you think about it.
It all started with us playing our rivals and the current holders, who embarrassed us in last years final. We score a late dramatic deflected goal to ensure they're cup run is the shortest ever. We then play Aberdeen, Deegan scoring one of the finest goals I've ever witnessed at Easter Road. They then fight back, but big Ben holds strong, saving a penalty and making some other great saves. Then onto Killie and Leigh scoring a great hat-rick to send us back to Hampden despite the referees best attempt. Also in that game there was an unbelievable atmosphere, defo one on the best I've been part of. Then the semi final, the strangest part of the journey of all. From the despair I felt at half time, utter disbelief to the unbelievable joy I felt when Doyle hit that shot to equalise. Perhaps my most ever celebrated goal. Then of course Leigh's sublime winner to send us to back to back finals. It's been some journey and I'm proud to have been part of it all, who knows what the final holds?
:pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag::pfgwa:flag:

ronaldo7
23-05-2013, 06:28 AM
From the point of view of what i actually enjoyed most so far during the cup run it was the game against Killie and Leigh's virtuoso striking performance that day. Really good performance by the team and an even better performance by the Hibs support. Brilliant atmosphere

This^

Devilstorment
23-05-2013, 10:32 AM
Doyle's equaliser against Falkirk for me. Tears in my eyes when it bobbled in, I think i was emotionally spent when the 4th went in!

calumhibee1
23-05-2013, 10:35 AM
Went for Sparkys semi winner, but there has been so many great moments on this run. Spoony scoring the winner against Hearts was brilliant. The atmosphere at Rugby Park was a bit special, I think that's when people started to believe we might just end up at Hampden and in the final again. The emotion when Doyle hit the net at Hampden aswell was incredible, there was no doubt as to who was going to go on and win that game after that went in. Apart from the fact obviously we haven't won the cup, this has been probably the best cup run I can think of. :agree:

DH1875
23-05-2013, 10:43 AM
Has to be Griffiths' winner against Falkirk. Everyone just went mental!!

I honestly think when we scored the 3rd the celebrations were even better.

Devilstorment
23-05-2013, 10:48 AM
Good post.Though we might not be able to forget the 12th may last year.we made them the shortist cup holders ever.

We clearly have cause i have no idea what happened on the 12th of May last year :wink: