PDA

View Full Version : kevin Thomson for the final?

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 11:25 PM
can anyone direct me to the KT never played against Dundee thread? is he knacked for the final? never seen much about him last week, and why he has not been mentioned I am not his biggest fan btw, but expected him to get a good run out last w/end. he is exactly the type of player that can mix it with the Celtic captain(Broonie). thoughts?

PerfectlyFranck
21-05-2013, 11:30 PM
can anyone direct me to the KT never played against Dundee thread? is he knacked for the final? never seen much about him last week, and why he has not been mentioned I am not his biggest fan btw, but expected him to get a good run out last w/end. he is exactly the type of player that can mix it with the Celtic captain(Broonie). thoughts?

Just getting rested for the final.

It would've been daft to play him with the injuries he has. I have torn my left and right cruciate ligaments and they come back to haunt you more than other breaks and injuries. With the amount of work and running he would've done, he could have put himself under too much strain for the final.

Taiwo hasn't done his chances any harm either mind so I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomson on the left again.
This could also be a good move to help McGivern/Stevenson.

Diclonius
21-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Thomson will start the final.

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 11:52 PM
Just getting rested for the final.

It would've been daft to play him with the injuries he has. I have torn my left and right cruciate ligaments and they come back to haunt you more than other breaks and injuries. With the amount of work and running he would've done, he could have put himself under too much strain for the final.

Taiwo hasn't done his chances any harm either mind so I wouldn't be surprised to see Thomson on the left again.
This could also be a good move to help McGivern/Stevenson.ok, was only asking. don't ken anything about football injuries or football:greengrin was surprised not to see him out on Saturday though. he's just the guy to noise up Broony, although I was dead against KT coming back. nevermind,point is that I've seen no mention of him on here since the Dundee game and I was surprised.spot on about TomTaiwo btw, he's came onto a game and worked hard to get into the final team along with Lewis.a lot of the experts/pundits have us down as alsorans but some of our guys have impressed me recently.I feel more happy going into this important game, than I have for many years.I feel that we will compete, whatever the outcome. ggtth

Spike Mandela
22-05-2013, 07:09 AM
His task...to eliminate Scott Brown. A task he will relish.:cb

Onceinawhile
22-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Convinced he will score the winner. Only ever scores vs Celtic.

Rehabilitation will be complete then surely...

Jack
22-05-2013, 07:42 AM
Convinced he will score the winner. Only ever scores vs Celtic.

Rehabilitation will be complete then surely...

Rehabilitation was complete when he pulled on a Hibs jersey,

Jack
22-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Imo :-)

sbell1875
22-05-2013, 09:07 AM
Thomson will start the final.

Next to Claros with Taiwo likely to drop out which is a real shame.

Treadstone
22-05-2013, 09:09 AM

Taiwo is a certainty to start IMO.

Golden Bear
22-05-2013, 09:13 AM
Thomson, Taiwo and Claros will all start imo.

I think PF will revert to a 4-5-1 ------------ at least that's the way the team will line up and he'll no doubt change things as circumstances dictate.

scoopyboy
22-05-2013, 09:15 AM

All three will start, I think Lewis will be on the bench.

TheFamous1875
22-05-2013, 09:19 AM
4-5-1 (can't be as bad with Harris) with Lewis on the left, Doyle to come on as sub. Then again, Fenlon in a tabloid today sayin we'll "go for them".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

matty_f
22-05-2013, 09:20 AM
All three will start, I think Lewis will be on the bench.

I think that's the way to go. The midfield of KT, Claros, Taiwo and Boozy totally owned the derby. That's what I'd start with.

Aldo
22-05-2013, 09:23 AM

Claros Taiwo and KT will all start with Harris either in the left or right with Griffiths up front.

PF will have to decide who else slips into the MF with Stevenson, Doyle and Robertson vying for 1 position. Think Doyle and Robertson pose more of a goal threat so we may find Lewis dropping to the bench.

Team for me

Williams
Maybury Forster Hanlon McGivern
Doyle/Robertson/Lewis Claros Taiwo KT Harris
Griffiths

IWasThere2016
22-05-2013, 10:31 AM
Team for me

........................ Williams

Stevenson .. Forster .. Hanlon .. McGivern

........................ Claros
............Taiwo ............... Thomson
Harris ......................................... Doyle
...................... Griffiths

patch1875
22-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I would put Clancy in ahead of maybury apparently fit to play

Gmack7
22-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Maybury for Stevenson and I think that will be the team

silverhibee
22-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Doyle

Griffiths

Pat 0-7
22-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I would put Clancy in ahead of maybury apparently fit to play

Clancy had a nightmare against Falkirk and might be a bit rusty, I would stick with Maybury who I think has been steady recently (although he had a few poor games earlier in the season....)

Andy74
22-05-2013, 11:08 AM
I can't see us preparing for a final where we are intending to play 451 by playing 442 every week.

I think it will be 442 with Thomson wide left like the derby.

Probably McGivern back for Stevenson and Doyle for Caldwell.

Pat 0-7
22-05-2013, 11:10 AM
I can't see us preparing for a final where we are intending to play 451 by playing 442 every week.

I think it will be 442 with Thomson wide left like the derby.

Probably McGivern back for Stevenson and Doyle for Caldwell.

:agree:

Although I wouldnt mind if Stevenson kept his place, I think this will be right......

Albanian Hibs
22-05-2013, 11:13 AM
The midfield will be:

Harris Claros Taiwo Thomson

With:

Griffiths Doyle/Caldwell
upfront

Aldo
22-05-2013, 11:15 AM
Williams

Maybury
Forster
Hanlon
McGivern

Harris
Stevenson
Claros
Taiwo
Doyle

Griffiths

Dude cannot see KT no starting and for RB I think Maybury will keep his place and unfortunately Lewis may have to start from bench??

Some hard decisions for PF me thinks

patch1875
22-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Clancy had a nightmare against Falkirk and might be a bit rusty, I would stick with Maybury who I think has been steady recently (although he had a few poor games earlier in the season....)

Not fancying maybury up against samaras and on the big pitch don't think he has the legs

allezsauzee
22-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Maybury doesn't have the legs but he does read the game very well. Whoever plays right midfield will need to be able work back and support Maybury or Clancy. As much as I like Clancy, he hasn't had a decent run of games for ages and cannot possibly be match fit, so I'd go for Maybs

Lester B
22-05-2013, 11:56 AM
4-5-1 (can't be as bad with Harris) with Lewis on the left, Doyle to come on as sub. Then again, Fenlon in a tabloid today sayin we'll "go for them".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

We can still go for them with the 4 5 1 if Harris goes at them which he is more than capable of doing! What an amazing change from last year this is. We have too many players who should play!! :wink:

LioNeilMessi
22-05-2013, 12:18 PM
It's gotta be pretty much the same line up from the derby, with Lewis and Caldwell's positions still up for debate.

Mr White
22-05-2013, 12:29 PM
I'm just glad we didn't pick up any new injuries in the last 3 games, pat used the squad well. Maybury and forster have played well so if mcpake and/or clancy don't make it I'll not be too worried.

dp00
22-05-2013, 12:35 PM
The joy of actually having a selection headache

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

carnoustiehibee
22-05-2013, 12:38 PM
Same team as the derby for me. Thought we played really well in both halves that day.

Billy Whizz
22-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Same team as the derby for me. Thought we played really well in both halves that day.

We did, and it won't be far away from that