PDA

View Full Version : Team talk from the fans

Ship Hibs
21-05-2013, 10:00 PM
If I get time at work this week I'm going to print out a large framed print to hopefully inspire the team. I've reworded a famous American football team talk and changed it to suit. If anyone has anything to add or see's anything you think should be changed stick up a post.

There is an honor to bestowed upon you. That is the answer that comes with this question.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

That’s right and I need you to remember that all throughout this game. I will conquer what has not been conquered. Defeat will not be in my creed. I will believe what others have doubted. I will always endeavor the prestige, honour, and respect of my team. I have trained my mind and my body will follow.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

I will acknowledge the fact that my opponents do not expect me to win, but I will never surrender. Weakness will not be in my heart. I will look to my comrades and those who brought me into this world and those who have trained me and I will draw strength from them.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

I will gladly go into the field of battle and I will move, groove, and do everything that I can do and I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal and when I get there, I will arrive violently.
I will rip the heart of my enemy and leave it bleeding on the ground, because he cannot stop me!
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

To my side I have comrades. Comrades who have been with me through thick and thin, through sacrifice, through blood, through sweat, through tears. Never will I let them fall. Never will I let them down and I will never leave a teammate behind, because our opponent does not know my heart.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

No one will deny me. No one will defy me and no one will tell me who and what I am and can be.
Belief will change my world. It has moved continents, and countries, it has put man on the moon
and it will carry me through this battle.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Defeat, Retreat those are not in my words. I do not understand those definitions. I do not understand when things go wrong. I do not understand mistakes but I do understand this. I understand victory and I understand never surrendering. No matter how bad things go, my heart and my mind will carry my body when my limbs are too weak.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Today will be that day, not tomorrow, not next week, but right now, right here on this pitch.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

History will remember me and I will not have to worry about it being kind. I will define myself!
I will write my own praises! And no one will tell me what I can and cannot be! I will never go home,
not without giving it everything that I got.
Cause WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

nonshinyfinish
21-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I will rip the heart of my enemy and leave it bleeding on the ground

With a modern referee's interpretation of the laws of the game, that's a straight red.

Pedantic_Hibee
21-05-2013, 10:04 PM
My team talk would be quite short.

It'd be along the lines of "F****ng through these c***s!!!"

Pedantic_Hibee
21-05-2013, 10:06 PM
With a modern referee's interpretation of the laws of the game, that's a straight red.

Unfortunately, with Scottish refs it would only be a booking preventing Vince Lunny from getting involved retrospectively. Oh and Hearts would get a penalty for it.

All the more confusing considering they're not in the final but are we really surprised? I'm not.

Green&White
21-05-2013, 10:23 PM
"That is the answer that comes with this question"

Leigh griffiths: "um... what was the question?"

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 10:28 PM
give the man a break. hope that kind of mindset is transferred, to our team and our fans on the day. redemption day is at hand. for all those that were there last year, stand fast , our colours don't run!

Minder
21-05-2013, 10:48 PM
Hibernian people ken what is at stake.
All we ask is win or lose, come off that park on Sunday having given us your best.
We can beat this team, we have beaten ths team.
Win your battles.
Lift the cup.

Stringer
21-05-2013, 10:51 PM
Along the lines of this....:giruy:

I would really tell them the ball is not a bomb, it is round.

PerfectlyFranck
21-05-2013, 11:10 PM
If I get time at work this week I'm going to print out a large framed print to hopefully inspire the team. I've reworded a famous American football team talk and changed it to suit. If anyone has anything to add or see's anything you think should be changed stick up a post.

There is an honor to bestowed upon you. That is the answer that comes with this question.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

That’s right and I need you to remember that all throughout this game. I will conquer what has not been conquered. Defeat will not be in my creed. I will believe what others have doubted. I will always endeavor the prestige, honour, and respect of my team. I have trained my mind and my body will follow.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

I will acknowledge the fact that my opponents do not expect me to win, but I will never surrender. Weakness will not be in my heart. I will look to my comrades and those who brought me into this world and those who have trained me and I will draw strength from them.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

I will gladly go into the field of battle and I will move, groove, and do everything that I can do and I will reach my field of battle by any means at my disposal and when I get there, I will arrive violently.
I will rip the heart of my enemy and leave it bleeding on the ground, because he cannot stop me!
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

To my side I have comrades. Comrades who have been with me through thick and thin, through sacrifice, through blood, through sweat, through tears. Never will I let them fall. Never will I let them down and I will never leave a teammate behind, because our opponent does not know my heart.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

No one will deny me. No one will defy me and no one will tell me who and what I am and can be.
Belief will change my world. It has moved continents, and countries, it has put man on the moon
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Defeat, Retreat those are not in my words. I do not understand those definitions. I do not understand when things go wrong. I do not understand mistakes but I do understand this. I understand victory and I understand never surrendering. No matter how bad things go, my heart and my mind will carry my body when my limbs are too weak.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Today will be that day, not tomorrow, not next week, but right now, right here on this pitch.
WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

History will remember me and I will not have to worry about it being kind. I will define myself!
I will write my own praises! And no one will tell me what I can and cannot be! I will never go home,
Cause WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Please, don't...

Ship Hibs
21-05-2013, 11:27 PM
Please, don't...

Worked for these guys anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 11:34 PM
Please, don't...? and you'd suggest? ok, a bit Americanised, but Hibernian need someone to install that kind of attitude ,just one of these f/kindays!I want my team to go out there knowing they can win! not thinking, oh it's great to be in a final, whatever happens.

PerfectlyFranck
21-05-2013, 11:39 PM
? and you'd suggest? ok, a bit Americanised, but Hibernian need someone to install that kind of attitude ,just one of these f/kindays!I want my team to go out there knowing they can win! not thinking, oh it's great to be in a final, whatever happens.

One of the cheesiest (very) 'American' speeches I've ever read.

I think the players would also find it cringeworthy rather than motivating.

I'd just tell Leigh, Stevenson, Hanlon, Harris, Caldwell, etc. to talk about their favourite moments supporting Hibs. If anyone can relay how much it means and get the team fired up, it'll be them.

McPake & Thomson would be good shouts for the 'speech'.

Worked for these guys anyway http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yX39J_YyKbs

I'm sorry, I think that's even worse to watch than it was to read. I could barely make a third of the video it's just too cringeworthy, in my opinion.
If I witnessed that from an opposing team, I'd feel more confident and motivated to beat them because of it.

Viva_Palmeiras
22-05-2013, 07:16 AM
As someone who worked for an American company that use that (now tired mantra) 'I AM...' Its a straight no from me.

You can just transplant certain that dings the bell of the Americans and make it work world-wide.
Pat will know the players and what makes them tick - hell find the words with maybe a few appropriate quotes surely tho Clough, Stein, Ferguson or Turnbull would be more apt.

lyonhibs
22-05-2013, 07:23 AM
Please, don't...

Your username summarises my immediate reaction to that. I play for a team over here in Zurich and the captain in Canadian. For some ungodly reason they have decided to do a huddle, then this ridiculous chant to get us "pumped up", before every game. To avoid looking like a twat I join in the huddle, but refuse to start chanting like some "American football" team in the movies.

This set of players and management know what the cup means to us and they are professionals. Shall we leave the team talks to the manager, perhaps?

hibbypostie
22-05-2013, 07:35 AM
Fergies HT talk about not being able to touch the cup and have to walk right past it something along those lines

Scouse Hibee
22-05-2013, 08:11 AM

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Cause WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Wrong country, game and culture for that nonsense IMO but each to their own I suppose.

NORTHERNHIBBY
22-05-2013, 08:49 AM
Although appreciating the sentiment, that team talk would be more at home in Police Squad or Airplane. Delivered by the manager with his eyes closed for dramatic effect and when he opens them, the dressing room is empty cos the game started after the first verse.

NOLA
22-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Although appreciating the sentiment, that team talk would be more at home in Police Squad or Airplane. Delivered by the manager with his eyes closed for dramatic effect and when he opens them, the dressing room is empty cos the game started after the first verse.

Lol, can picture that clearly :). Players slipping out in 2's an 3's

Wilson
22-05-2013, 09:03 AM
Hibernian people ken what is at stake.
All we ask is win or lose, come off that park on Sunday having given us your best.
We can beat this team, we have beaten ths team.
Win your battles.
Lift the cup.

I don't like the 'or lose' bit.

In any motivational speech that particular outcome shouldn't enter anyone's thinking.

therealgavmac
22-05-2013, 09:32 AM
OK OK...... I know it's egg chasing, but leaving the rugby references aside, the sentiments are not too bad........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wc3S6iGmUjI

Gettin' Auld
22-05-2013, 09:51 AM

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

Cause WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

WHO AM I?
I am HIBERNIAN!!

That kind of nonsense might sound good to the ham shanks, but in most other countries that type of cringeworthy rallying call would do little except make the players piss themselves laughing.

Devilstorment
22-05-2013, 09:57 AM
.... who would tell the players that they need to say their bit???

rubbish fake yank pish

HibbySpurs
22-05-2013, 12:05 PM

Must admit it made me think of Bill Pullmans cringworthy "We Will Not Go Quitely Into The Night" speech from Independnce Day....

However the OP'S heart is in the right place :agree:

greengnome
22-05-2013, 01:13 PM
I am very sure that Pat Fenlon, James McPake, Kevin Thomson, Leigh Griffiths, Lewis Stevenson, Jordon Forster, Paul Hanlon, Spoony, Alex Harris... Etc, know exactly what is required on Sunday!

Walking out at Hampden on Sunday will be for some, the biggest day of their lives, and a day to make history!
For too long, teams that play Celtic bottle it, we do not need to, we have already beaten them, we know they are not unbeatable!!!
Every Hibby supporter would have loved the opportunity to have pulled on the green shirt, and represented the Hibernian football club, in any game, never mind the final of the Scottish Cup... You have this Honour Gentlemen...

This is our second bite at the cup we call our "Holy Grail".... Many of our teams have tried, most all have failed.... We knocked out our conquerors from last season, (and our most hated neighbours in the City), from this competition, we have been given this opportunity again!!!!

When you... the Hibernian players, walk out on Sunday, look at the Hibernian support, look at what is Hibernian Football Club, think of what it has cost them to be there, the hurt they suffered only a year past, and what you can do to right that hurt?.... Then look at the Celtic manager... He will have that smirk on his face, he will be thinking, another bit of silverware destined for the Parkhead cabinet.... Look at his ugly mug, and think, well c**ty ba*s, not this time...! Think.. this time, I am going to be on that bus, and I am going to be paraded through the east end of the city, I am going to be lauded by the thousands of Hibby's, and I will make history!!!!! And we will know... You did it for us...!!!

Hibernian Football Club.... Since 1875.... GGTTH :fenlon Go yersel' Paddy. :jmcp: Lead from the front......

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:18 PM
I'd make them watch last years final and then at the end of it make it clear that under NO CIRCUMSTANCES is another performance like this acceptable and anyone who comes close to it will be punted right there and then and will be walking home. Or better yet, getting the bus/train home with the fans.