PDA

View Full Version : The Fall

GlesgaeHibby
21-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Anybody been watching the new drama 'The Fall' on BBC? Really enjoying it so far, intriguing in that the murder is revealed very early on in the first of 5 episodes and you see him in his every day life (job/family etc).

Treadstone
21-05-2013, 06:37 PM
Anybody been watching the new drama 'The Fall' on BBC? Really enjoying it so far, intriguing in that the murder is revealed very early on in the first of 5 episodes and you see him in his every day life (job/family etc).

Excellent.

Think we will see a lot of copycats in regard to this style. Giving as much screen time to the killer as the cop bringing them to justice. Also feel there is a bit of mystery here with the 'Monroes' think there is an underlying plot there.

Great stuff.

geordie_hibs
27-05-2013, 09:50 PM
thought it might be to do with legendary Mancunian drunk Mark E Smith's enduring beat combo & their new album "Re Mit" - oops

stoneyburn hibs
28-05-2013, 10:06 AM

A very good watch and well written plot, Gillian Anderson is still easy on the eye.

hibsbollah
28-05-2013, 07:59 PM
I wasnt impressed. Styling and pace shamelessly stolen from The Killing, and i just thought they spent lots of energy slapping on the sexual violence with a trowel without any decent character development. Andersons acting is by far the best thing about it.

geordie_hibs
28-05-2013, 11:44 PM
The producers missed a trick in naming it; set in Belfast with her from the X Files, it had to be called "Andersonstown"

Andy74
02-06-2013, 06:51 PM
I watched the film Shadow Dancer last night also set in Belfast. It was BBC produced. They must have got a job lot on the cast. Half of them were in The Fall.

Treadstone
02-06-2013, 07:07 PM
I watched the film Shadow Dancer last night also set in Belfast. It was BBC produced. They must have got a job lot on the cast. Half of them were in The Fall.

Shocker! BBC use NI actors for Belfast set drama.

Andy74
03-06-2013, 10:22 AM
Shocker! BBC use NI actors for Belfast set drama.

And Gillian Anderson! Might as well get their money's worth.