PDA

View Full Version : If you know your history...

Jamesie
21-05-2013, 12:04 PM
Time to ratchet things up a bit I think! :greengrin

I'm getting a bit tired of the patronising nonsense I'm hearing spouted by Celtic fans this week, as if Hibs have no say in the outcome of the Final. "I'd give you the Cup", "We should let Hibs win the Cup" etc etc. How very charitable of them - a good deal more charitable than their founding fathers:

http://www.hibernianfc.co.uk/page/TimelineDetail/0,,10290~1750603,00.html

"In the following weeks Celtic played several games and each time used players borrowed from Hibernian. There were rumours doing the rounds of courseabout the intentions of the new Glasgow club, but these were dismissed by the Hibernian committee who simply would not beleive that their close friends would mean them any harm. It's a great pity that the Hibs men were so trusting, as John Glass and his partners were already making their own plans and these included financial inducements being offered to the best players in the Hibernian side that they might join Glasgow Celtic for the following season.

By August 1888, the Hibernian committee men had learned that the rumours were in fact true, and the cream of the best football side in Scotland would not be turning out for Hibernian...even if Hibs had wished to take Celtic on like for like, they could not do so, the very being of Hibernian was that every penny earned went to charitable causes, Celtic had undertaken no such principles."

Some might say we righted that wrong in 1902 but in their 125th year let's crash the party and remind Glasgow Celtic who was first to wear the green! :flag::flag::flag:

Green&White
21-05-2013, 01:08 PM
they make me sick!

neilmartinrocks
21-05-2013, 01:35 PM
they make me sick!

most tims version of their "history" is of brother wilfred wandering about with a collection bucket.
no mention whatsoever of the part Hibernian played in their setting up and certainly nothing about the dirty underhanded methods they employed.
or about the fact they tried to stop our re-entry in 1891. and they think we are a smaller version of them?
"If you KNEW your history" would be a better song for them.

average tim = condescending prick.