PDA

View Full Version : You'll never walk alone. ....

Captain Trips
21-05-2013, 11:21 AM
......is what I am sure they will be singing as thier team comes out or just at KO. For me the support has the chance to give our lads a boost and show everyone the support are there. We need to all be singing at same time wethere it be SOL I do not know but one things for sure if man for man they have better player's on park they don't have in stands. Lets not give them thier moment and song lets all together take over and drown or equal them.

We might not be able to kick a ball but we can kick their arse .......time for our half of Hampdens Hibbie Hakka.

superfurryhibby
21-05-2013, 11:26 AM
......is what I am sure they will be singing as thier team comes out or just at KO. For me the support has the chance to give our lads a boost and show everyone the support are there. We need to all be singing at same time wethere it be SOL I do not know but one things for sure if man for man they have better player's on park they don't have in stands. Lets not give them thier moment and song lets all together take over and drown or equal them.

We might not be able to kick a ball but we can kick their arse .......time for our half of Hampdens Hibbie Hakka.

Too right, In my time supporting Hibs at Hampden, going back to 1974, I've always been impressed by the support that we have given the team. Before the KO is not the time for sunshine on leith though, needs to be much more rousing. WE can save that song for when we lift the cup!

Captain Trips
21-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Too right, In my time supporting Hibs at Hampden, going back to 1974, I've always been impressed by the support that we have given the team. Before the KO is not the time for sunshine on leith though, needs to be much more rousing. WE can save that song for when we lift the cup!

I agree SOL for after.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 11:30 AM
Will we no all be under a bit of cardboard? How we ment to do that and sing at the same time :devil:.

.Sean.
21-05-2013, 11:31 AM
If SOL doesn't inspire the players before kickoff they shouldn't be playing.

easty
21-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Will we no all be under a bit of cardboard? How we ment to do that and sing at the same time :devil:.

Thats even better, is there enough time to print the Sunshine on Leith lyrics on the underside of the cardboard......for all the part-timers? :devil:

Sylar
21-05-2013, 11:35 AM

If the players need to hear a song from the fans before kickoff to inspire them in a cup final, they shouldn't be playing.

Phil MaGlass
21-05-2013, 11:37 AM
How about Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey na nanananana for a couple of minutes.

WestEndHibee
21-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Yep, it's different when it's just a few fans singing it before hibs vs st mirren but when it's 20000 singing it before a cup final it's definitely rousing. Still I think it will have more emotion afterwards (hopefully). I've got all faith in our fans being a lot better than the unwashed. They're shockingly bad when it's not champs league.

Hibernian Verse
21-05-2013, 11:46 AM

If they're not inspired by the occasion they shouldn't be playing!

hibsmad
21-05-2013, 11:50 AM
I think we should respond with a rendition of..

:singing: We were first to wear the green...
and Liverpool were first to sing that song,
come to think about it,
have you ever been first to do anything...
ya bunch of smelly ****ing tramps :singing:

Finding it difficult to think of a tune it would go with though

Hibs History
21-05-2013, 11:52 AM
Has to be Allez Allez

Get the team ready!

God Petrie
21-05-2013, 11:56 AM
20k hibs fans doing allez allez allez ohh would be appropriate and inspiring methinks.

Cauld Bovril
21-05-2013, 12:11 PM
I think we should respond with a rendition of..

:singing: We were first to wear the green...
and Liverpool were first to sing that song,
come to think about it,
have you ever been first to do anything...
ya bunch of smelly ****ing tramps :singing:

Finding it difficult to think of a tune it would go with though

:faf::faf::faf:

DH1875
21-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Hi-bees bounce will do me. Don't know what it is about allez allez but I just can't get it. Don't know if it's a rhythm thing or something :confused:.

LancashireHibby
21-05-2013, 12:14 PM
A bouncing Allez Allez would pish all over YNWA fifteen times over.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 12:17 PM
A bouncing Allez Allez would pish all over YNWA fifteen times over.

I'll never be able to do that and hold up a flag and a a square of cardboard at the same time :na na:.

LancashireHibby
21-05-2013, 12:19 PM
I'll never be able to do that and hold up a flag and a a square of cardboard at the same time :na na:.
Could be the first 'moving mural' seen in football :wink:

easty
21-05-2013, 12:34 PM
I could be wrong but I seem to remember Hibs fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone after the '93 League Cup Final when Oldco beat us 2-1 at Parkhead. I could be imagining it, I was only 9 at the time, but I'm sure it happened, not sure why we were singing that though...:confused:

Lucius Apuleius
21-05-2013, 12:38 PM
I could be wrong but I seem to remember Hibs fans singing You'll Never Walk Alone after the '93 League Cup Final when Oldco beat us 2-1 at Parkhead. I could be imagining it, I was only 9 at the time, but I'm sure it happened, not sure why we were singing that though...:confused:

We used to sing it all the time.

goosefat
21-05-2013, 12:38 PM
In my experience, whenever we've tried SOL acapella it's normally a bit of a mess.

Save it until after the game, with the music, with the 2-1 win and with an empty Celtic end.

:singing: sorrow...sorrow...sorrow...sorrrrooooowww

Keith_M
21-05-2013, 12:40 PM

Because at one time practically every team's fans sung it. It's only recently that it's been considered a 'Celtc' song.

clerriehibs
21-05-2013, 12:41 PM

You planning on holding that card in yer gob?

clerriehibs
21-05-2013, 12:43 PM
We used to sing it all the time.

That, and "our" version of hullo, hullo

Keith_M
21-05-2013, 12:46 PM
I think we should all hide under the cards and, at the exact same time, pul them back and shout 'Boo'! That way, all RaSellik fans will have sh*t themselves and be queueing for the toliets, leaving us to sing in peace.

At least consider it as an option before knocking it................

joe breezy
21-05-2013, 12:48 PM
Has to be loud and rousing - i'll never forgive Sunshine on Leith for killing the atmosphere at the AEK game

DH1875
21-05-2013, 01:08 PM

We def sung it after the game and was a cracking rendition if memory serves me right :agree:.

Dinkydoo
21-05-2013, 01:11 PM
Everyone chanting "Oh to be a Hibee." together should be enough to drown them out. :greengrin

Captain Trips
21-05-2013, 01:17 PM
Could really be a wee boost if players are walking out and we are not just simply booing or whistling over them show them the fans are matching them or even bettering them.

Centre Hawf
21-05-2013, 01:38 PM
Maybe this isn't for before kick off but during the game. I like when Celtic to do their wee chant "at" each other from opposite ends of a stadium when they reply to each other. It sounds good and also it might wind them up.

Before kick off though i think it should be a NON STOP mixture of songs.

Oscar T Grouch
21-05-2013, 02:18 PM
It is going to have to be loud and coordinated to we're gonna drown oot the smellies and YNWA. SOL is out, that is saved for after the game :pray::worried:

Personally I like Allez allez, and I think it would drown oot the smellies too. But it will come down to what the majority choose to sing and for the others to join in. Even Hibees hibees just so I dinnae have to listen to that dirge they sing.

shetlandhibee
21-05-2013, 02:26 PM
I disagree with playing it before I think we should sing it if we concede a goal or after we've one the cup :)

Vini1875
21-05-2013, 02:36 PM
I doubt they will be singing YNWA, they only do that at Euro games at parkhead. I think both sets of fans will be holding up cards as the teams come out. Nice for TV viewers or for watching the recorded game.

Jones28
21-05-2013, 04:19 PM
They'll do what they did before the Falkirk game I reckon, a song from each team.

The Harp
21-05-2013, 04:21 PM
Without a doubt the Hi-Bees bounce chant is the one to go for. It's upbeat and would drown out YNWA if the lesser greens sing it. Not only is it it easy to sing and to reach a high decibel level - the cameras are more likely to focus on the Hibees support because of the physical movement involved.
:flag:

jakeshibs
21-05-2013, 06:53 PM
Has to be constant, has to be loud, and full of our love and passion this is our opportunity to prove we are the 12th man. allez allez allez followed by Hi-Bees bounce and lets show them this is ours. I Think we should leave SOL for after the presentation of the cup ......

hibs4thecup1988
21-05-2013, 07:00 PM
They'll do what they did before the Falkirk game I reckon, a song from each team.

Did we do sol? Can't mind lol. Done it last year at the final and had GGTTH

As for YNWA I remember singing it at the Raith away game the day we went into the play-offs in 96

greenlex
21-05-2013, 07:05 PM
Allez Allez Allez Oh.. With us absolutely bouncing would trump a static YNWA with the scarf thing.

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Hi-bees bounce will do me. Don't know what it is about allez allez but I just can't get it. Don't know if it's a rhythm thing or something :confused:.problem is......it's sung like Ali ali ali oh, when it's really(copied from) allay allay allay oh.which is a tad slower than how Hibs fans sing it. look forward to it though, so tell all the part-timers you know, allay allay is the way to go!

SunshineOnLeith
21-05-2013, 08:09 PM

Hope not, that was rubbish.

E.C Hibs
21-05-2013, 08:16 PM
How about 'Paddy fenlon's green and white army'? Fast, loud, bouncy and constant!

HibeeMG
21-05-2013, 08:21 PM
It has to be Allez Allez with everyone doing it.

My intention is to drown out the entire Celtc end all on my own. If anyone else joins in then it's a bonus. :greengrin

Kaiser1962
21-05-2013, 08:35 PM
How about Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey Bouncey na nanananana for a couple of minutes.

While doing the poznan?

Frazerbob
21-05-2013, 09:10 PM
While doing the poznan?

And a "mass twirly"?

SteveHFC
21-05-2013, 09:11 PM
I think we should do the Poznan when we are 3-0 up :wink:

DH1875
21-05-2013, 09:20 PM
How about 'Paddy fenlon's green and white army'? Fast, loud, bouncy and constant!

:thumbsup::flag::pfgwa:pfgwa:flag::thumbsup:.