PDA

View Full Version : Remembering hibees at hampden

21-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Was speaking to a mate of mine earlier and he was telling me how he will have a wee photo of his late grandfather in his back pocket at hampden on Sunday. His grandfather was a life long hibee and would have loved to have been at Hampden on sunday but sadly he passed away last year. Will anybody else be doing anything similar on sunday to remember fellow hibees who are sadly no longer here anymore?

Seven Zero
21-05-2013, 10:24 AM
Im taking a wee thing from someone who deserved out of every Hibs supporter ever in my opinion to see us win the Scottish Cup. He always said 'Im going nowhere until we win that cup' Many people on here will know who im talking about, Wattie Robb. Amazing man and could tell you absolutely anything about Hibs so If we do win on Sunday I think I will take a wee second to think of the big man.

Mcpakeisgod
21-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Unfortunately my grandad healths went a bit downhill since last year . So going to watch the game at his house instead of hampden . Its honestly the only conversation I get out of him . He is absolutely hibs daft !

superfurryhibby
21-05-2013, 11:31 AM
I'll be carrying the memories of my grandad, auld man and other family members who have passed away, in my heart, during our wee hampden outing on Sunday. Christ, I'm just aboot shedding tears already at the thought of it all already. Just as long as they do us all proud eh?

Jay
21-05-2013, 11:50 AM
My dad passed away last august, his ashes are scattered at Easter road. At the semi final after our third goal went in i looked up and said c'mon dad we can do this but we need all the help we can get now. I will be asking the same of him on Sunday :greengrin

PJ IronHIbee
21-05-2013, 12:47 PM
Mark McCabe & Alan McConnell are two massive Hibby's that will be in the thoughts of many on Sunday.
RIP lads
GGTTH

SlickShoes
21-05-2013, 12:56 PM
Aye for sure my Grandad, John Murdoch, had a season ticket with him and my dad for as long as I could remember, my Dad will be taking my Grandads ancient silk Hibs scarf to the game and I will surely be in tears thinking about him if we win.

Thinking about all the people that lived entire lives without seeing hibs win the cup is a sad state of affairs, I hope I don't become one of them!

Jay
24-05-2013, 07:55 PM
Our very own Liam Monroe. Gone but never forgotten. Gave me one of the best days ever at Easter road. :agree:

CropleyWasGod
24-05-2013, 08:11 PM
My Granda, born in 1905.

My Uncle, who died shortly before the 2007 game.

HH81
24-05-2013, 08:16 PM
My grandad.

hibeelin
24-05-2013, 08:16 PM
My dad passed away last august, his ashes are scattered at Easter road. At the semi final after our third goal went in i looked up and said c'mon dad we can do this but we need all the help we can get now. I will be asking the same of him on Sunday :greengrin Me too Jill, sure our dads will be watching the game together - just like old times :agree:

Craig_in_Prague
24-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Unfortunately my grandad healths went a bit downhill since last year . So going to watch the game at his house instead of hampden . Its honestly the only conversation I get out of him . He is absolutely hibs daft !

Thats nice mate, that you are going to be with him as opposed to hampden. I hope he gets to see us win.

24-05-2013, 09:06 PM
Some very touching stories here guys, a lot of people with personal losses and things they will be doing to remember hibee loved ones that sadly can't be at hampden with us on Sunday. Great to see so many lovely tributes, even though they are gone they still remain part of the hibernian family.

Lets also remember hibernian legends such as Mr Eddie Turnball, Joe Baker etc. who were all hibee greats and deserve to be in our thoughts at hampden also :)

:flag:

essexhibee
24-05-2013, 09:12 PM
My grandad passed away three days prior to the semi. When we won that game (eventually :greengrin) I couldn't help but look to the sky and think of him. Was very emotional listening to SOL. Although he grew up a Celt being born in Ireland he always liked Hibs and wanted us to do well. He took me to a few games when younger and these are the memories I will think of come Sunday.

Springbank
24-05-2013, 10:00 PM
This ones for you Maude

Miguel
25-05-2013, 01:12 AM
So many people I would love to do this for, but I'll name just three: My grandad who was old enough to remember us winning in 1902 and losing in 23/24; My late Dad who saw us lose in 1947, 58 and 72; oldest son who saw us lose in 2001 and last year. Make that four - me in '72 onwards.
Please, just win the ****** thing!

lEXO
25-05-2013, 01:20 AM
I will have a photo of my wife in my wallet and I will be wearing our wedding rings. Have done it at every cup game this year and most days to be honest.

DoonTheSlope
25-05-2013, 04:19 AM
The final will rightly be an emotional occasion for many Hibs fans given the significance of The Scottish Cup to all of us.

My wife has her Dads scarf sitting proudly ready to go with her to Hampden.

My father in law, John Gribben, passed away in 2011. Johns first Hibs game was in 1941 8-1 defeat of Rangers. We went to all.games together home and away.

We can win this trophy let's get out there and be proud of our club and all the great supporters who sadly are no longer with us.

GGTTH

gogsy23
25-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Well said dts.

I will be thinking of the man who took me to my first games, jackie woods rip my good man.

NAE NOOKIE
25-05-2013, 10:19 AM
A wee lad I used to go to games with in the 70s / 80s Irvine Gray.

Met a tragic & early end in London a few years back. It was a long time ago & he will probably be out of my mind again by tomorrow. But hope you will be up there watching wee man.

Darth Hibbie
25-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I'll be wearing my late dads 1991 cup winning strip.

ronaldo7
25-05-2013, 11:11 AM
My Dad.

I was sitting on his shoulders when Pat lifted the League cup after defeating Celtc 2-1.

I was watching from the main stand towards the West on that day. I am sitting in the South upper tomorrow towards the West.

I have been to every round in the cup this year, and my Grandson has been on my shoulders at each game.

The omens are with us.

hibs0666
25-05-2013, 11:19 AM
Hope the Hibees do it for big Alan Pettigrew, a good Gorgie Green who passed away far far too early.

Bishop Hibee
25-05-2013, 11:25 AM
Grandpa and dad both Hibs daft and never saw us win it. This thread shows how much it means to us and how little it means to Celtc.

Billy Whizz
25-05-2013, 11:32 AM
My little pal Dante, who died suddenly in his sleep aged 25 in February. He was at the Hearts cup game in December with me. His 2 younger brothers are with us tomorrow, but we'll all be thinking of him.

Stantons Angel
25-05-2013, 11:42 AM
This ones for you Maude

Was just thinking of her too.

She would have been going bonkers about getting to the final again.

Just hope she is watching over us all and giving it laldy as only she could

Let the SUNSHINE ON LEITH!

The Maudettes.x

Stantons Angel
25-05-2013, 11:49 AM
Im taking a wee thing from someone who deserved out of every Hibs supporter ever in my opinion to see us win the Scottish Cup. He always said 'Im going nowhere until we win that cup' Many people on here will know who im talking about, Wattie Robb. Amazing man and could tell you absolutely anything about Hibs so If we do win on Sunday I think I will take a wee second to think of the big man.

Wattie was a good friend of mine and a great Hibby!

I know he will be sitting arguing night is day with Maude and both watching over all the Hibees at Hampden tomorrow.

Get behind the team Wattie and will them to win for us all!

neilmartinrocks
25-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Was talking to a mate the day and we both thought of Les Rennie from Perth. Hope we do it for all the Hibby's past present and future.
GGTTH.

hibbysam
25-05-2013, 01:01 PM
Just back from my auld mans headstone... Taken away in 2005 at 42, he introduced the hibees to me and quite frankly had me bleeding green! If anyone deserves it it's those up above who have never seen us do it... Pans cemetery is now decked out in green and white balloons! It might take a minute or two to remember them all after full time but don't get me wrong, there will be some party up there should hibs do it!

'And forever ill be singing to the Angels high above singing glory to the hibees the team that we all love'

Yuillsy
25-05-2013, 03:23 PM
I'll think about my Grandad. Problem is though he was a Celtic fan. Hopefully I'll be thinking girfuy Grandad!
He would've pissed himself laughing if he could read this.

BT58
25-05-2013, 04:12 PM
Jim and arnie thomson (twins) best buddies sadly missed,,we were all members of maudes picnic branch
And my dad bill
Cheers us on
Just hope we perform for all sadly passed
Bt

Cod Boy
25-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Lets do it for a man who lived and breathed hibs Mick McGhee

Springbank
25-05-2013, 04:38 PM
Was just thinking of her too.

She would have been going bonkers about getting to the final again.

Just hope she is watching over us all and giving it laldy as only she could

Let the SUNSHINE ON LEITH!

The Maudettes.x

Brilliant - I hear her green & purple scarf is being taken to the game. I'm sure we'll hear her yell when it happens!!!

Yuillsy
25-05-2013, 04:38 PM
I'll think about my Grandad. Problem is though he was a Celtic fan. Hopefully I'll be thinking girfuy Grandad!

monktonharp
25-05-2013, 04:53 PM
loved that one Yuillsy:greengrin I had a call from a Hibby today, who is not going. we'd discussed an auld scarf he had a few weeks back. he dropped it off today so I'll wear that. an auld silk scarf, wi HIBS on it and needs a wash but wont get done until the cup is won! shows some of the clubs honours, league, league cup, summer cup and lists the 2 Scottish cups too. I'm under instructions to bring it back safely, with the cup!

kaimendhibs
25-05-2013, 04:55 PM
My grandad Andrew Edgar who first introduced me to hibs 42 years ago. He loved hibs, and instilled that love in me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cropley10
25-05-2013, 06:15 PM
I will be remembering Wattie Robb tomorrow

ruthven_raiders
25-05-2013, 06:23 PM

My dad died in 2005 he played for hibs in 1939 then war ended his career with hibs, his lucky number was 13 and my son has number 13 on his hibs top. This is hibs 13th Scottish cup final.

hibbill2002
25-05-2013, 06:38 PM
My dad died in 2005 he played for hibs in 1939 then war ended his career with hibs, his lucky number was 13 and my son has number 13 on his hibs top. This is hibs 13th Scottish cup final.
Had to get my wee dug put down today, he was only 9 years 4 months , 9+4=13, and 13 days old.
this is 2013, .... Cups ours :thumbsup:

nic81
25-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Will remember my wonderful gran tomorrow regardless of the outcome, miss her so much and i know she will be looking down watching

Love the Green
25-05-2013, 06:52 PM
Will be thinking of.
My dad who died in January a great hibs man especially the famous five, and mum(died 2010) who always called me on Saturday night to ask how we had played.
Also my cousin Tez who worked in the oil business but came home as often as he could to watch us, brought both his boys up to be hi-bees ..his heart was at ER always.
Finally my great mate Neil Alison sadly taken so young with whom I spent many great social evenings and match days..his lovely daughter and wife will be there tomorrow in his place.

"keep the faith"
:flag:

JohnStephens91
25-05-2013, 10:49 PM
The scarf my granddad gave me on the day of my birth will be coming with me. Sadly he passed away 19 years ago, I was only 2 years old and never got to experience a Hibs game with him. In this cup run we beat Aberdeen two days before the anniversary of his death and on the day of his death we beat Aberdeen in the league at Easter Road. He'll be there with me in spirit and in the fibres of the scarf.