View Full Version : 2nd Half v Falkirk

InterviewLoI
20-05-2013, 10:37 PM
At what moment did you think "This is gonna happen?"
For me it was Griffith's first

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Only when Doyle's goal went in.

It would have been typical Hibs to have dominated the 2nd half, created all those chances, got so close and then blew it.

As soon as Doyler trundled that one into the bottom corner, I knew for a fact we were going to win. They were totally gone.

HibernianJK
20-05-2013, 10:42 PM
Is there link to this by any chance? Suddenly made me want to watch it again.

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2013, 10:44 PM
when it went 3-2 i was convinced we would score another to get at least ET :agree: but it was already an onslaught and when the 3rd went in i thought we would actually get a 4th in injury time

cabbageandribs1875
20-05-2013, 10:46 PM

http://www.footytube.com/video/hibernian-falkirk-apr13-170376

i wont tell you what the score was at HT :greengrin

Liam89
20-05-2013, 10:46 PM
When Alex Harris hit the post I knew we would go onto do it.

HibeeMG
20-05-2013, 10:51 PM

You can watch each half and extra time separately here: http://livefootballvideo.com/fullmatch/scotland/scottish-cup/hibernian-vs-falkirk

Download links at the bottom (takes a wee while to download).

DH1875
20-05-2013, 11:19 PM
Think I celebrated the equaliser more than I did the winner to be honest.

TAHibby
20-05-2013, 11:34 PM

I was the same, always knew the 4th was coming somehow.

hibs4thecup1988
20-05-2013, 11:43 PM
When I saw McPAke sprinting up the tunnel I said to my mate if we score within 10 minutes we will win.

Still love the commentary on Griffiths' winner... "Oh wowwweeee" :greengrin

sbell1875
20-05-2013, 11:44 PM

Quite the opposite when Sparky missed the penalty and Doyler missed the rebound!

shezer
20-05-2013, 11:47 PM
At 3-0....and i'm not lying...I said it when people started to leave.No way could it happen again after the final last year.no way

monktonharp
20-05-2013, 11:51 PM
As soon as we got one, I thought ,game on and they will tire long before us.

Teuchter Hibbie
20-05-2013, 11:54 PM

:agree: Me too. Mixture of relief and sheer joy at Doyle's equaliser, felt there was only one team going to win from then on.

Mark1875
21-05-2013, 12:27 AM
At 3-0....and i'm not lying...I said it when people started to leave.No way could it happen again after the final last year.no way

I sure as hell wasn't that confident. In fact all I could mumble to the one mate still stood next to me(3had left already) was 'it's too early to leave'.

When we came flying out the traps in the 2nd half and Harris had the shot tipped onto the post after the brilliant link up play with Doyle is when I started to believe it was possible.

The moment I knew for sure we would win was when Doyle hit the back of the net. Up till then I still thought it might all have been for nothing.

Anybody else going to really miss Doyle btw?

HibeeMG
21-05-2013, 12:43 AM
I sure as hell wasn't that confident. In fact all I could mumble to the one mate still stood next to me(3had left already) was 'it's too early to leave'.

When we came flying out the traps in the 2nd half and Harris had the shot tipped onto the post after the brilliant link up play with Doyle is when I started to believe it was possible.

The moment I knew for sure we would win was when Doyle hit the back of the net. Up till then I still thought it might all have been for nothing.

Anybody else going to really miss Doyle btw?

I was saying to a mate the other day about that.

At the time it felt like we came out like a team possessed. I've watched it back (links above) and for the first 5 or 6 minutes of the 2nd half we were just as shambolic as we were in the first. It took Alex Harris's shot to stir us I think.

aussie_hibee
21-05-2013, 02:28 AM
Almost as soon as the second half started you could see we were a different team. They had a chance quite early and we just kept driving on. That's when I thought "we're up for this". Then the keeper parried Boozys volley on to the post and you could just see it being wave upon wave of attacks for the rest of the game. When boozy scored, I knew they couldn't hold out if we kept going although I had my doubts at the penalty miss.

Leighonel
21-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Forever the optimist when it comes to hibs but I felt that we were still in at half time. Chances were we couldn't get worse and they were unlikely to keep up their performance.

I said similar to others, an early goal and falkirk would struggle to contain hibs

Hibercelona
21-05-2013, 06:34 AM

I didn't think it was happening at any point.

Even when we were 4-3 up, I still didn't think it was actually happening.

InterviewLoI
21-05-2013, 06:57 AM

Yup, I literally let a tear or two out. By the time 4 went in I was just drained...

iwasthere1972
21-05-2013, 07:01 AM
Strangely even at 3-0 I was fairly calm and at no stage did I think that we would lose over the 90 minutes. When the second goal went in I knew it was going to be our day.

Keith_M
21-05-2013, 07:20 AM
I was still in the middle of my hissy fit for the first 15 minutes of the second half, sitting in the open area at the back of the East, filling myself with endless cups of coffee and trying to work out what terrible things I'd done in a previous life to be born a Hibs fan.

I came in a few minutes after we scored the first, then had to go relieve my overly full bladder, only to hear a massive cheer, which I thought was a second goal (it was for the penalty). When I came out of the loo, fully expecting to see 3-2 on the scoreboard only to find out about the penalty, I was all for going back into the toilet and trying to drown myself in the sink (fortunately, the sink was too small and full of fag ends).

I then stood at the back row of seats ready to berate Fenlon and to tell him (in a non-racist way, of course) to bog off back to Ireland, when some twat ruined my rant by scoring a second goal. I had no idea who scored because I'd just been engulfed by a group of fifty something skinheads, all of whom thought it would be a great idea to celebrate by jumping on the moany ********* with the irritating bladder.

By the time I came round, somebody told me it was extra-time, so Hibs were still in the Cup. I said, "I never doubted it for a minute. What date's the final?"

Hibercelona
21-05-2013, 07:30 AM
I was still in the middle of my hissy fit for the first 15 minutes of the second half, sitting in the open area at the back of the East, filling myself with endless cups of coffee and trying to work out what terrible things I'd done in a previous life to be born a Hibs fan.

I came in a few minutes after we scored the first, then had to go relieve my overly full bladder, only to hear a massive cheer, which I thought was a second goal (it was for the penalty). When I came out of the loo, fully expecting to see 3-2 on the scoreboard only to find out about the penalty, I was all for going back into the toilet and trying to drown myself in the sink (fortunately, the sink was too small and full of fag ends).

I then stood at the back row of seats ready to berate Fenlon and to tell him (in a non-racist way, of course) to bog off back to Ireland, when some twat ruined my rant by scoring a second goal. I had no idea who scored because I'd just been engulfed by a group of fifty something skinheads, all of whom thought it would be a great idea to celebrate by jumping on the moany ********* with the irritating bladder.

By the time I came round, somebody told me it was extra-time, so Hibs were still in the Cup. I said, "I never doubted it for a minute. What date's the final?"

:tee hee:

Bobby's Cinema
21-05-2013, 09:00 AM

I too was stood up the back in disbelief from 0-3 till half time. The later celebrations also had me ending up in different seats, never watched a game from so many angles! It was truly unbelievable, still now

lord bunberry
21-05-2013, 09:57 AM
When my taxi driver on the way to the train station told me hibs had scored I said to my mate we can do this.

essexhibee
21-05-2013, 10:00 AM
When Sparky pulled another back to make it 3-2. Thought we had blown it when he missed the penalty.

hibee_girl
21-05-2013, 10:15 AM
When we scored our first I started to believe if we kept it up we would do it.

My grandad was convinced at half time we would still win, he kept saying we'll win 4-3 and he was deadly serious. I told him to stop being a stupid old man :greengrin

WestEndHibee
21-05-2013, 10:23 AM
When we got that penalty I knew we'd win it because, as I said to those around me "Sparky never misses"

a minute later I knew we'd lose.

Then when doyle's went in I knew we'd win again

:greengrin

joe breezy
21-05-2013, 10:37 AM
When the players went in at half time and i realised I had no way of placing a bet on Hibs to qualify

pritchie
21-05-2013, 10:43 AM
did anyone bet on a 3-3 draw or a hibs win at half time? if so what were the odds?

Makaveli
21-05-2013, 10:51 AM
did anyone bet on a 3-3 draw or a hibs win at half time? if so what were the odds?

I heard the draw was 10/1 at HT.

NORTHERNHIBBY
21-05-2013, 11:01 AM
Got go confess that even at 4-3 I still thought that we had it in us to chuck it all away.

Dav1986
21-05-2013, 11:25 AM

26/1 to win, 12's for the draw. One of my mates was looking at it and contemplating putting both on.

I talked him out of 'wasting' his money....

HibernianJK
21-05-2013, 12:16 PM
http://www.footytube.com/video/hibernian-falkirk-apr13-170376

i wont tell you what the score was at HT :greengrin

Cheers mate