PDA

View Full Version : West coast Hi-bees

DH1875
20-05-2013, 09:43 PM
Win or lose, what's everyone doing after the final? Anyone got anything planned? I had a party last year (I know http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/red.gif) but with the champions league final being on and not a yam in sight it ended up being an alright night. This year there's no champions league final and most of my mates and family are celtic fans so I'll be ducked if I'm having a party. If we win I was thinking of going through to Leith but won't have much time to get there and back (especially if it goes to ET) because I'd need to go by train. Can't stay over because need to get back to Glasgow to get the kids to then get back to Edinburgh for the parade on Monday.

So does anyone fancy a pint in Glasgow city centre after the game to celebrate/commiserate. Could meet at one of the pubs near Queen street so that folk getting the train back to Edinburgh could join us as they wait for the queues for the train go down.

SeanWilson
20-05-2013, 09:52 PM
Win or lose, what's everyone doing after the final? Anyone got anything planned? I had a party last year (I know http://www.hibeesbounce.com/forum/images/smilies/red.gif) but with the champions league final being on and not a yam in sight it ended up being an alright night. This year there's no champions league final and most of my mates and family are celtic fans so I'll be ducked if I'm having a party. If we win I was thinking of going through to Leith but won't have much time to get there and back (especially if it goes to ET) because I'd need to go by train. Can't stay over because need to get back to Glasgow to get the kids to then get back to Edinburgh for the parade on Monday.

So does anyone fancy a pint in Glasgow city centre after the game to celebrate/commiserate. Could meet at one of the pubs near Queen street so that folk getting the train back to Edinburgh could join us as they wait for the queues for the train go down.

Similar circumstances and would also be keen if we could organise a good few of us to take over a pub ..... To celebrate of course:thumbsup:

madhibby
20-05-2013, 09:56 PM

I am a West coast Hibee. What about Auctioneers after the game if we win? Its close to Queen Steet and also sells good beer. I was in there after the Falkirk semi. The only hassle is they are not keen on football colours but I assume a few Hibee chants will all get us going?

DH1875
20-05-2013, 10:07 PM
I am a West coast Hibee. What about Auctioneers after the game if we win? Its close to Queen Steet and also sells good beer. I was in there after the Falkirk semi. The only hassle is they are not keen on football colours but I assume a few Hibee chants will all get us going?

Think we need somewhere not to fussed on colours. I was in the pub at the taxi rank outside queen street after the semi. Colours were fine but they weren't to keen on the singing. Wasn't the most up market place either. If we get enough I'm sure we can get something sorted.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 11:38 AM
Remember folks. It's a bank holiday weekend in Glasgow so there could be some right numpties around so safety in numbers and all that. If we could get some idea on numbers then we could maybe book a booth or table somewhere.

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Remember folks. It's a bank holiday weekend in Glasgow so there could be some right numpties around so safety in numbers and all that. If we could get some idea on numbers then we could maybe book a booth or table somewhere.

yeah, good shout mate... i will be out with the mrs for the duration... if we can get something organised for a group, im happy to come along to this! :agree:

Killiehibbie
21-05-2013, 12:16 PM
If we win i'm heading for THE party. If we don't somewhere with a few us would be good.

yeezus.
21-05-2013, 12:55 PM
I'm a south-west Hibby if that counts. Would love to celebrate after the match and I agree that safety in numbers this weekend given the circumstances. :flag:

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 01:46 PM
I'm a south-west Hibby if that counts. Would love to celebrate after the match and I agree that safety in numbers this weekend given the circumstances. :flag:

Dont know what the script will be after the game, however i am going along to 'the shed' prior, which has been organised by a lad on here for hibs pre final party... 20 mins walk from Hampden... Close to a couple of trainstations that will take u back to queen street/central... Like i say not so sure how hibs friendly they will be after the game but worth a shout...

DH1875
21-05-2013, 04:08 PM
Dont know what the script will be after the game, however i am going along to 'the shed' prior, which has been organised by a lad on here for hibs pre final party... 20 mins walk from Hampden... Close to a couple of trainstations that will take u back to queen street/central... Like i say not so sure how hibs friendly they will be after the game but worth a shout...

Think he was meaning for after the game. Anyhow, are you wearing your colours if your out with the Mrs latter on and who are you going to the shed with? and how you getting from the Shed to the stadium?

So many questions :greengrin.

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 04:18 PM
Think he was meaning for after the game. Anyhow, are you wearing your colours if your out with the Mrs latter on and who are you going to the shed with? and how you getting from the Shed to the stadium?

this was my point... it may be worth while heading back after the game... if they are still OK with colours... however i am just as happy to head for city center. I will be wearing Hibsish colours but keeping it neutral enough so as i can stay out afterwards... hoping i am throwing the scarf that i have owned for the last 23 years on to the pitch due to a famous victory and therefore wont have to worry about that anymore :wink:

shed to the stadium prior to the game... plan to walk, however depends how the party is going... may be a last minute joe maxi... where are you heading before the game?

yeezus.
21-05-2013, 04:20 PM

I've been lucky enough to get a lift from Galston - but I have no idea how to get back to Stranraer at that time on a Sunday evening. I'm more interested in the 90 minutes than getting home at the moment.

bingo70
21-05-2013, 04:21 PM
I've been lucky enough to get a lift from Galston - but I have no idea how to get back to Stranraer at that time on a Sunday evening. I'm more interested in the 90 minutes than getting home at the moment.

If i was you i'd get booked into a cheap hotel and worry about it in the morning

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 04:21 PM
:agree:
If i was you i'd get booked into a cheap hotel and worry about it in the morning

yeezus.
21-05-2013, 04:25 PM

:aok: That would be the sensible option, but a week's JSA will only cover the ticket and transport!

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 04:30 PM
:aok: That would be the sensible option, but a week's JSA will only cover the ticket and transport!

ach... worst comes to the worst pal... all nighter celebrating and first train/bus up the road... :thumbsup:

im generous with the bevvy at the best of times... im sure i will be able to get you a round in when hibs lift the cup!! :greengrin

yeezus.
21-05-2013, 04:30 PM
ach... worst comes to the worst pal... all nighter celebrating and first train/bus up the road... :thumbsup:

im generous with the bevvy at the best of times... im sure i will be able to get you a round in when hibs lift the cup!! :greengrin

:thumbsup: Good man!

DH1875
21-05-2013, 05:09 PM

Tried to PM you. Need to empty your in box my man :aok:.

SeanWilson
21-05-2013, 05:12 PM
Tried to PM you. Need to empty your in box my man :aok:.

cheers dude! sorted now! :aok:

DH1875
21-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Hows everyone getting back into the city centre? We could meet before hand or would folk rather meet in the town? Think a pub near Queen street is the way to go as should be some others hanging about before they get the train. Open to suggestions though :thumbsup:.

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 09:48 PM
not going by train, as our branch has 4 buses . my wee best buddy has decided him and his laddie are railbound and i'm sure he will be in the counting house, fwd and rev, and he's had nae bother there. neither have I. sometimes I get irked with the attitude of folk through this side of Scotland, about Glasgow! had some great days out o'er there..............btw!:greengrin

BarneyBreslin
21-05-2013, 10:13 PM
not going by train, as our branch has 4 buses . my wee best buddy has decided him and his laddie are railbound and i'm sure he will be in the counting house, fwd and rev, and he's had nae bother there. neither have I. sometimes I get irked with the attitude of folk through this side of Scotland, about Glasgow! had some great days out o'er there..............btw!:greengrin

Wouldn't particularly like to live there but love a sesh in the weedge.

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 11:06 PM

Wouldn't particularly like to live there but love a sesh in the weedge.it's all about accents!:wink: seriously though, I've done removals, flittings etc through there, Gorbals, Crow road, Anniesland, yoker , etc and never had a bit o' bother (never done castile milco though:greengrin) but when doin' the same in various plots in Edin, Kirkaldy,Dunfy, the Pans. van locked!

DH1875
22-05-2013, 01:26 PM
it's all about accents!:wink: seriously though, I've done removals, flittings etc through there, Gorbals, Crow road, Anniesland, yoker , etc and never had a bit o' bother (never done castile milco though:greengrin) but when doin' the same in various plots in Edin, Kirkaldy,Dunfy, the Pans. van locked!

No doubt, but have you ever done it wearing your colours, full of pride and emotion after watching your team win the cup :greengrin. I'm not expecting any bother but a bank holiday weekend, beating celtic and us winning the cup might just attract the odd numpty or two.
In any case. Just trying to arrange something for us not lucky enough to be going back to Edinburgh so if anyone interested add yourself to the thread :aok:.

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 01:56 PM
I have lived in Glasgow (on Dumbarton Rd / bottom of Byers Road) for 5 years and never had any bother but I understand the above comments about wearing colours and full of emotion after winning the cup.

I think The Ark (mentioned above) is a good shout for meeting as it has large screens / upstairs and outside seating so plenty of room.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 06:16 PM
I have lived in Glasgow (on Dumbarton Rd / bottom of Byers Road) for 5 years and never had any bother but I understand the above comments about wearing colours and full of emotion after winning the cup.

I think The Ark (mentioned above) is a good shout for meeting as it has large screens / upstairs and outside seating so plenty of room.

Are you up for a pint or two or you heading through to Leith? Think we could struggle to get into the Ark with colours on. Been in the counting house and the vale before with colours on no problem. There not the best of pubs but are both next to Queen St.

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 06:47 PM
Are you up for a pint or two or you heading through to Leith? Think we could struggle to get into the Ark with colours on. Been in the counting house and the vale before with colours on no problem. There not the best of pubs but are both next to Queen St.

I am up for a beverage afterwards. Not sure what the plan is though as if we win it I might have to go for a cold shower and sit in a dark room to get over the shock.

Beforehand I am meeting a mate for a breakfast/pint at the counting house (opens at 8) then off to the shed for 12 o'clock opening.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 08:03 PM
I am up for a beverage afterwards. Not sure what the plan is though as if we win it I might have to go for a cold shower and sit in a dark room to get over the shock.

Beforehand I am meeting a mate for a breakfast/pint at the counting house (opens at 8) then off to the shed for 12 o'clock opening.

Good good. Think a few of us are going to be in the shed before hand :aok:.

DH1875
22-05-2013, 08:07 PM
Can anyone who's interested in going for a pint or two AFTER the game add their name to the list and whether or not they want to meet in Mount Florida or in the city centre. Not saying it will only be 1 or 2 but it's a start and we can take it from there :aok:.

DH1875.

yeezus.
22-05-2013, 08:53 PM
A Celtic supporting mate has offered to put me up on Sunday night. That means I can worry about getting back to Stranraer the next day!

:flag::greengrin

cwilliamson85
22-05-2013, 09:38 PM
Good good. Think a few of us are going to be in the shed before hand :aok:.

Cool. Well I will be the guy with a double brandy trying to calm the nerves.

pacorosssco
22-05-2013, 09:49 PM

as an aside from the original point is the counting house open for beverage before game? ot just like foot of the walk on derby day. any info appreciated

in regards to the thread. somebody just pick a bar and well own it

DH1875
23-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Can anyone who's interested in going for a pint or two AFTER the game add their name to the list and whether or not they want to meet in Mount Florida or in the city centre. Not saying it will only be 1 or 2 but it's a start and we can take it from there :aok:.

DH1875.

C'mon folk, help a guy out. Where's all the people who have PM'd me? Need names on a list by Saturday so we can work out where we're meeting/going.

Killiehibbie
23-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Pick a welcoming pub and take it from there.

DH1875
23-05-2013, 10:51 AM
Pick a welcoming pub and take it from there.

That's kinda my thinking. Need to work out who's coming out to play first though :greengrin.

SeanWilson
23-05-2013, 11:45 AM
C'mon folk, help a guy out. Where's all the people who have PM'd me? Need names on a list by Saturday so we can work out where we're meeting/going.

as you know mate... i am in...

Sean :aok:

DH1875
23-05-2013, 07:38 PM
as you know mate... i am in...

Sean :aok:

Soz bud. Wasn't talking about you :aok:. Aimed more at other's that PM'd me. If it turns out it's just you and me you'd be best of heading through to Edinburgh to be honest. If nothing is sorted for Saturday I'll just hit a local boozer and see what happens.

SeanWilson
23-05-2013, 07:47 PM
Soz bud. Wasn't talking about you :aok:. Aimed more at other's that PM'd me. If it turns out it's just you and me you'd be best of heading through to Edinburgh to be honest. If nothing is sorted for Saturday I'll just hit a local boozer and see what happens.

I'm meeting up with 4 more lads at least who are staying over in Glasgow bud... So more the merrier.

DH1875
23-05-2013, 08:22 PM
I'm meeting up with 4 more lads at least who are staying over in Glasgow bud... So more the merrier.

You still walking it from the shed? Will catch you then and see what's what if nothing happens on here between then :aok:. Killiehibbie might join us but we don't want that as it's only if we lose :shhhsh!:.

magnificent_seven
23-05-2013, 10:23 PM
Going to the Electric Frog festival to dance the night away and celebrate the Hibees winning the cup :hyper::hyper::hyper:

DH1875
24-05-2013, 10:24 AM
BUMP :greengrin.

DH1875
24-05-2013, 09:04 PM
OK so if we're heading for the Queen Street area we've a choice so far off;

Auctioneers (Never been so no idea what it's like)
The vale (right next to the station but quite small. Been in there with colours on).
The counting house ( Alright boozer. Been in with colours on but recon it'll be busy with non hibees with it being a bank holiday).
The Ark (Many happy times in this place. Student place though so any elder companions might feel out of place. Not sure on colours).
Wetherspoons (right under burger king at the station. Been in here with colours on but think they can be a bit funny at times).
There's a pub in the station but I can't remember the name and might be pricey.
Open to other suggestions but would like to at least have the boozer picked out by tomorrow night if not the numbers. So where does everyone want to go?

cwilliamson85
24-05-2013, 10:36 PM
Auctioneers is a decent shout.

DH1875
24-05-2013, 10:46 PM
Auctioneers is a decent shout.

Only thing is that madhibby said they don't like colours. I'm not going overboard or anything but was planning on taking the scarf and maybe wearing a hibs polo neck or something.
Are you still meeting up and if so, how many are you?

cwilliamson85
25-05-2013, 07:43 AM
Only thing is that madhibby said they don't like colours. I'm not going overboard or anything but was planning on taking the scarf and maybe wearing a hibs polo neck or something.
Are you still meeting up and if so, how many are you?

If that's the case I would suggest counting house. It's big enough to accommodate a crowd and will also be handy for people who need to get trains home.

SeanWilson
25-05-2013, 08:15 AM
If that's the case I would suggest counting house. It's big enough to accommodate a crowd and will also be handy for people who need to get trains home.

Counting house then?? Could do with being there now!! Nervous :agree:

Hibzilla
25-05-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm in glasgae for the night and would defo be up for drinking after the game.

If the counting house is agreed I will head there straight after the match for hopefully some apocalyptic celebrating.

DH1875
25-05-2013, 01:55 PM
OK Counting house it is then. Good for the bus and train stations and if it's crap the other pubs on the list are all within a 5 minute walk :aok:. My moby is playing funny buggers but I'll PM everyone who's confirmed my number just in case.

Remember though, anyone heading for the Shed in the morning can confirm the plans there :thumbsup:.

Dinkydoo
25-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Will be hanging around for a few hours until my train home after the game; I'll head to The Counting House if its likely to be filled with other Hibees.

DH1875
25-05-2013, 07:15 PM
OK folk. I've PM'd everyone with contact details for me or Shanveelz (Sean). If I've missed anyone out PM me but seriously doubt I'll be on here in the morning so really needs to be tonight. Hope to meet you all tomorrow and looks like there's a good few of us if everyone turns up so hopefully we'll be celebrating for a while :aok:.

DH1875
26-05-2013, 12:00 AM
Off to bed. See you guys tomorrow :aok:

DH1875
26-05-2013, 05:24 PM
My moby is Donald ducked. At the bar the now. Killie tried to call but not picking him up.

DH1875
26-05-2013, 05:28 PM
at the bar on right hand side

cwilliamson85
26-05-2013, 06:46 PM
Went to clock works for a couple afterwards. Are fans still in the counting house?

DH1875
27-05-2013, 02:50 AM
Went to clock works for a couple afterwards. Are fans still in the counting house?

Was in there till about 7.30 but someone had had to much to drink by then so had to leave :tee hee::tee hee::tee hee:.

DH1875
27-05-2013, 02:54 AM
Big shout out to Killiehibbe and his bro. Made my night and will catch you next season for def. Top bloke with all his story's :aok:.

Sean. what happened to you? Tried calling and texting all night but got nowhere. Hope the Mrs kept you under control :greengrin.

SeanWilson
27-05-2013, 04:07 AM
Big shout out to Killiehibbe and his bro. Made my night and will catch you next season for def. Top bloke with all his story's :aok:.

Sean. what happened to you? Tried calling and texting all night but got nowhere. Hope the Mrs kept you under control :greengrin.

Sorry mate... Was an absolute mess following the game so just heades home... Hope you all had a good night despite the performance.