PDA

View Full Version : Some away attendances for Hearts, Dundee and Hibs.

greenlex
20-05-2013, 08:02 PM
Get fed up listening to Hearts fans go on about their away Support so had a look to see if they will be missed when they go. (I was doing the Hearts /Dundee comparison but chucked ours in too.)Following was this season. Shed a bit of light on this Myth.

Pittodrie gate
Hearts - 2 games average- 11073 (neither televised and 3pm kick offs)
Hibs - 2 games average - 7718 (both televised with stupid early kick offs)
Dundee 2 -games - 9133

Paisley gate
Hearts - 2 games average 3838
Hibs- 2 games 4782
Dundee - 2 games average 4413

Inverness gate
Hearts - 3332
Hibs -3422
Dundee - 3003

Dingwall gate
Hearts - 3903
Hibs - 3055 (game played midweek)
Dundee - 3129

Perth gate
Hearts- 2974
Hibs - 3266
Dundee - 5033

Killie Gate
Hearts -2 game average - 4367
Hibs - 2 game average -3613 (one game midweek replay)
Dundee - 2 game average - 5744

Motherwell Gate
Hearts - 4174
Hibs - 5301 (Friday night game)
Dundee - 4318

Got fed up after that. A couple of things.
Anyone saying the Hearts away support would be missed is either a sheep or just talking pish.
Aberdeen on the tellybox costs there club thousands on the gate.
Would they be missed? Only by Us for financial reasons it would seem and I doubt as a club we would really miss that would we?

jeffers
20-05-2013, 08:06 PM
Grossly unfair. You can't expect them to leave their ovens on while they attend football matches, their fairy cakes would be burnt to a crisp.

lyonhibs
20-05-2013, 08:10 PM
What that does show is that a) either Dundee have got a pretty decent following or b) fans of smaller clubs have come out in - slightly - better numbers to watch Dundee, presumably through the novelty factor of them being "new" for this season.

greenlex
20-05-2013, 08:20 PM
What that does show is that a) either Dundee have got a pretty decent following or b) fans of smaller clubs have come out in - slightly - better numbers to watch Dundee, presumably through the novelty factor of them being "new" for this season.
Killie away was their first game of the season so that certainly bumped their average up there I think.

GlenrothesHibee
20-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Dundee have a huge support. Far bigger than Dundee united.

LioNeilMessi
20-05-2013, 08:47 PM
I remember a while back seeing this thread on Pie & Bovril (spl fan forum) and a St Mirren fan posted their Away figures. Turns out Dundee took the third highest following to Paisley over the season (After Celtic and Killie). Hearts a wee bit behind in 7th.

Celtic
Kilmarnock
Dundee
Hibernian
Motherwell
Aberdeen
Hearts
Dundee Utd
St.Johnstone
Ross County
ICT

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/184539-away-supports-at-stmirren-park/

blackpoolhibs
20-05-2013, 08:53 PM
Dundee have a huge support. Far bigger than Dundee united.

Huge? :confused:

greenlex
22-06-2013, 11:01 AM
Now that the doomsday scenario for them is nearing I thought it worthwhile to bump this up the board. Will the other clubs really miss them financially?
Only us I think. But its a price worth paying in my book.

Keith_M
22-06-2013, 11:41 AM
Rangers were missing from the league last season but Hibs' average attendance was actually slightly up. This was as a result of improved performance on the park, leading to a higher number of home suporters.

It may be a bit of a stretch to achieve that again but I'm not convinced that it's all doom and gloom. If Hibs performances and results improve over last season, the extra home numbers will help balance out the missing Hearts fans.