PDA

View Full Version : Celtic Supporting Mates

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Anyone else got any nippy Celtic 'supporting' pals who are giving it all the big talk before their annual visit to see The Celtic?

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2013, 07:13 PM
How did Celtc divvy up their tickets? You would have thought that with 23,000-odd, only folk that actually go to games would have had a chance?

Purehibee_MYB
20-05-2013, 07:21 PM
Aye, my Celtic flat-mate saying it means just as much to them as it does to us, and giving it all the confident 'we'll walk it' talk :rolleyes:

kdhibees1
20-05-2013, 07:22 PM
Thankfully not dude, thankfully not!! And in relation to term 'supporting', do they actually go to any games?

HibeeHendo
20-05-2013, 07:23 PM
He got one though a dad's pal who can't make it. What was the process of their distribution? I know it would obviously differ from hours considering the amount of season ticket holders they will probably have.

lord bunberry
20-05-2013, 07:26 PM
Let's be honest they have every right to be confident but that doesn't mean they will win, let's hope they're over confident

Pretty Boy
20-05-2013, 07:28 PM
I actually prefer the ones who are confident with a bit of arrogant banter to the patronising barstewarards who 'wouldnae mind if we won it'.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2013, 07:29 PM
I actually prefer the ones who are confident with a bit of arrogant banter to the patronising barstewarards who 'wouldnae mind if we won it'.

:agree:

BoltonHibee
20-05-2013, 07:29 PM
He got one though a dad's pal who can't make it. What was the process of their distribution? I know it would obviously differ from hours considering the amount of season ticket holders they will probably have.

Was it not done via a ballot?

Hibercelona
20-05-2013, 07:30 PM
I've never made the mistake of befriending one of those.

SlickShoes
20-05-2013, 07:31 PM
I have one pal and 2 neighbors that are celtc fans, both season ticket holders, neither going to the game because they have won it so many times and they "don't like going to hampden very much". Neither seem to care whether they win it or not.

Benny Brazil
20-05-2013, 07:33 PM
Not a mate as such - my boss is one of them - he's already planned where he'll be celebrating on the Sun night - really hope we beat them so I can call in sick on the Monday :greengrin

Saorsa
20-05-2013, 07:34 PM
Anyone else got any nippy Celtic 'supporting' pals who are giving it all the big talk before their annual visit to see The Celtic?No.

sbell1875
20-05-2013, 07:36 PM
Anyone else got any nippy Celtic 'supporting' pals who are giving it all the big talk before their annual visit to see The Celtic?

My best mate is a Celtic season ticket holder who goes to as many away games as he can and was raging with the allocations and rigorously checked each of our attendances after the semi-final.

I could see his point but I eventually told him where he could put his opinion!

Barney McGrew
20-05-2013, 07:36 PM
You would have thought that with 23,000-odd, only folk that actually go to games would have had a chance?

Their crowds have been so pish this season that anyone going regularly will have no bother getting a ticket.

nonshinyfinish
20-05-2013, 07:38 PM
My best mate is a Celtic season ticket holder who goes to as many away games as he can and was raging with the allocations and rigorously checked each of our attendances after the semi-final.

What does he want, a percentage based on average league attendance? :confused:

If both teams can sell half the stadium, then they get half the stadium.

joe breezy
20-05-2013, 07:40 PM
2 or 3 and they're not that annoying...

They're all pretty paranoid though....

Pete
20-05-2013, 07:41 PM

How about percentages based on how many of their supporters come from Glasgow.

That always shuts them up.

Jonnyboy
20-05-2013, 07:45 PM

Tell him to get a life :aok:

LancashireHibby
20-05-2013, 07:47 PM

You should ask him where all of their fans were for the semi final in their home city.

rcarter1
20-05-2013, 07:49 PM
I find that the more avid and committed the Celtic fan, the more they want to ram this down our throats - which I suppose is fair play. I dont mind the Celtic 'minded' folks saying they wouldnt mind if we won, as I suspect they dont really care and can see the genuine sporting drama of a Hibs win.

What made me laugh was some Rangers fans watching the derby the other week in the Pub. When we won, we asked them would they be supporting us in the final. The bloke just looked at us as if we'd farted in his face. "I hope you both lose.."

lyonhibs
20-05-2013, 08:05 PM

In a nutshell. At a wedding the night before in Glasvegas, and know that at least 1, perhaps 2, Celtc supporters who I know relatively well and are decent blokes will be there.

If there's any of that patronising "Wee brothers" style chat, it shall be getting knocked firmly on the head.

silverhibee
20-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Their crowds have been so pish this season that anyone going regularly will have no bother getting a ticket.

Not really true though.

My brother-in-law and nephew are ST holders at darkheid and would love the chance to be there but can't get tickets for celtc end.

Most of there tickets go to supporters clubs, i think.

CallumLaidlaw
20-05-2013, 08:13 PM
There was a couple of acquaintances on facebook raging that we were getting half the allocation when they had 5 times the season ticket holders to us. They could not get their head around the phrase "neutral venue"

Hibernia Na Eir
20-05-2013, 08:16 PM
In a nutshell. At a wedding the night before in Glasvegas, and know that at least 1, perhaps 2, Celtc supporters who I know relatively well and are decent blokes will be there.

If there's any of that patronising "Wee brothers" style chat, it shall be getting knocked firmly on the head.

equally, Hibs fans run the risk of bumping into patronising bigotted Huns before KO.
Best avoided at all costs!

TomoHFC
20-05-2013, 08:36 PM
I've got a celtic fan in my college class who only cares about winning trophies, no even bothering going to games and he talks a lot about Rangers. i almost forgot he used to support Rangers.

Johnny Clash
20-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Got a few Celtic mates in London. All of them a bit nervy as they've seen us hit some form recently and they know we have players who can punish them.

Hampden isn't the happiest of hunting grounds for them and they are in for a further shock with the wall of noise coming from the Hibs end. I'm convinced we'll out do them in the stands - I'm just hoping we'll do the same on the pitch!

Matty_Jack04
20-05-2013, 08:51 PM
Woman at my work Celtic ST holder for about 12 years been to all cup ties and home games this year ...no ticket, she said there giving them to people who have traveled to games champs league etc, she's not renewing her ST next year

DH1875
20-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Most of my family and friends are celtic fans. They vary from the guy who's never set foot in their ground to guy's who run one of the biggest supporters club going. The die hards want to win and fair play to them but most of them aren't to fussed as it's us their playing and if they don't win it their glad it's us. While this genuinely annoys me it's got to the stage I just laugh it off. Fact is that 99% of the time we're not even as much as an afterthought to them. Oh and most of the ST holders have struggled for tickets and won't be at the game despite trying like duck to get them, even for our end.

hibbypostie
20-05-2013, 10:24 PM
have about a 100 of them in my work they all have the loudest voices when it comes to football chat yet 99% have never been and even the one that has was in the Hibs end at ER on the plus side he took his son and Hibs won KTs winner in a midweek cup tie GIRRY :thumbsup:

bingo70
20-05-2013, 10:30 PM
Only know one and he fancies hibs to win, I've not taken it in a patronising way, he just doesn't rate Neil Lennon and thinks this is a very poor Celtic team, reckons if hibs are up for it and get in Celtics faces early doors hibs have more than a good chance.

Hope he's right.

EdinMike
20-05-2013, 10:32 PM
Woman at my work Celtic ST holder for about 12 years been to all cup ties and home games this year ...no ticket, she said there giving them to people who have traveled to games champs league etc, she's not renewing her ST next year

Ouch...

I know one Celtic fan that I would consider a 'friend' and we've had a bit of banter about it. But he genuinely wouldn't be upset if we won it. Even said If they were to get beat in this final he rather it was us that won it.

Can't tell if he's being patronising, but he seems honest in that answer. They can still GTF though ! :greengrin

NOLA
20-05-2013, 10:44 PM
My celtic mates are confident as usual, "keep griffiths quiet and we win" is the popular phrase I'm hearing

sbell1875
20-05-2013, 11:48 PM

He then contradicted himself with his assessment of Celtic fans who went to the Champions League games! He's a half wit!

Thing is the number of supporters they have (easily in Scotland upwards of 300,000+ at least I'd say, probably more) and they struggle to get 35,000 - 40,000 at home games you could argue our fans are more loyal and attend more regularly.

Mark1875
20-05-2013, 11:50 PM

This sounds about right. I'm currently doing a job for a sellik fan and his son who is a st holder and has been to every away game this season apart from those he couldn't get tickets for due to small stadia (RC & ICT) got tickets no problem. He said he had been worried about getting tickets as they usually do a ballot from all that apply for tickets.

21-05-2013, 06:10 AM
I know of of those "I know absolutely nothing about football so ill just latch onto celtic because they are the best team" people. Total glory hunter, never been to parkhead in his life, in fact I doubt he could even name most of the celtic players. He's been giving it "aye celtic will stroll it". I don't take him seriously though, the guy has chopped and changed his team more times than i've had hot dinners, i'm sure if hibs won the league next year he will be claiming hes a hibby.

Can't stand folk who glory hunt and chop and change their team, especially when they start giving it the big un.

neilmartinrocks
21-05-2013, 11:29 AM
I've been up to my neck in the ****ers since the Falkirk game game.
5 brothers 3 tims 2 saints
13 nephews 9 tims and 4 saints
christ knows how many cousins but majority are tims.
Two family do's coming up week after final as well.

renato
21-05-2013, 11:30 AM
There was a couple of acquaintances on facebook raging that we were getting half the allocation when they had 5 times the season ticket holders to us. They could not get their head around the phrase "neutral venue"

Indeed. You should ask them how many they took to the semi final, in their own city...then compare to how many we had.

Supply and demand. As NSF says, we've filled our end no bother and it's a neutral venue so end of.

JeMeSouviens
21-05-2013, 11:50 AM
How did Celtc divvy up their tickets? You would have thought that with 23,000-odd, only folk that actually go to games would have had a chance?

You had to be a ST holder, then it was based on number of non-ST games you've been to (home and away cup and away league). 4 games or more you definitely got a ticket.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 12:09 PM
You had to be a ST holder, then it was based on number of non-ST games you've been to (home and away cup and away league). 4 games or more you definitely got a ticket.

Not true. I know guy's who have been to a lot more than that and haven't got a ticket. Apparently it's all a bit dodgy/random as you can go years and not get a final ticket yet others get them every time. It causes some resentment as certain supporters groups are always looked after where as some always struggle.

JeMeSouviens
21-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Not true. I know guy's who have been to a lot more than that and haven't got a ticket. Apparently it's all a bit dodgy/random as you can go years and not get a final ticket yet others get them every time. It causes some resentment as certain supporters groups are always looked after where as some always struggle.

Info came from Kerrydale st forum:

"Thank you for your email regarding our Cup Final ticket allocation. The criteria for this games allocation was attendance at previous domestic away matches including cup semi finals and also attendance at the home cup matches against Raith Rovers on 25th September, St Johnstone on the 30th October and Arbroath on 1st December. Those supporters who have attended 4 or more games were successful and we had a small amount of supporters who attended 3 games who were also successful. Unfortunately we were not in a position to provide all supporters who had attended 3 games with a ticket."

They don't count games where the home team sells direct to Celtc fans to avoid their pishy admin fees.

DH1875
21-05-2013, 01:04 PM
Info came from Kerrydale st forum:

They don't count games where the home team sells direct to Celtc fans to avoid their pishy admin fees.

Maybe the home cup game have something to do with it as well :dunno:.

harvthehibee
21-05-2013, 09:44 PM
I try and try not to let their arrogance annoy me but in all seriousness what is the point of being a Edinburgh based celtic "fan"? You have two SPL teams (for now) playing in your home city, you haven't even been to glasgow more than a handful of times let alone celtic park and yet you decide to try and dish out crap arrogant "banter" its horrendous.

Cabbage East
21-05-2013, 10:00 PM
Celtic fans from Edinburgh/Fife are really the lowest of the low.

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 10:03 PM
I try and try not to let their arrogance annoy me but in all seriousness what is the point of being a Edinburgh based celtic "fan"? You have two SPL teams (for now) playing in your home city, you haven't even been to glasgow more than a handful of times let alone celtic park and yet you decide to try and dish out crap arrogant "banter" its horrendous.I know what you mean.I have to suffer a young "tit" that comes doon my street on a regular basis wi' his Celtic strip oan. he comes from here(Edin) and disnae hae twa' ha'pennies to rub the gather, and has never been tae Celtic Park in his life! his step-dad, on the ither hand, has a deep oirish brogue, don't know which county,but he's wan o' us! one of the admins will know the mob I'm on about!:greengrin

1875STEVE
21-05-2013, 10:21 PM
He then contradicted himself with his assessment of Celtic fans who went to the Champions League games! He's a half wit!

Thing is the number of supporters they have (easily in Scotland upwards of 300,000+ at least I'd say, probably more) and they struggle to get 35,000 - 40,000 at home games you could argue our fans are more loyal and attend more regularly.

300,000 is that all???

Hearts have got 400,000 have they not? :greengrin

monktonharp
21-05-2013, 11:13 PM
300,000 is that all???

Hearts have got 400,000 have they not? :greengrinI think the guy grossly underestimated their "support" in Scotland at least. he did say, probably more though. as for the other team you mention....did you mean ..they have not:wink:

Diclonius
21-05-2013, 11:41 PM
Rangers being relegated to the Third Division probably gave Celtic more new fans than they've had in years.

mca
22-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Rangers being relegated to the Third Division probably gave Celtic more new fans than they've had in years.

Thats probably quite true.. my sellick pal - ( who im still sure was bluenose in the late 80`s ) you know the sort.. gloryhunter !!!

said that he had a Vision.. :aok: .... Being deadly Weegie Serious - he reckoned we would lose the final 2-1..

But !! - Hibs would win the league by a canter next year and hearts would get relegated.. :agree:

wait a minute - He even suggested celtic could finish 3rd or 5th.. because lennon will jump ship with any new offer - just after the season starts and the window ends kinda thing..!!!! and we could win the league as long as Fenlon was not the possible sellick target replacement....

To be fair to the guy - he has supported that mob and got the tattoos etc etc.. and he is a half decent sort.. but - he is adamant that Hibs will win the league in 2014 and the tight twat has went as far as placed a 20 on it.. he wont tell me the odds that he got tho.. ******g weegies.. :greengrin

Hibercelona
22-05-2013, 07:52 AM
Celtic fans from Edinburgh/Fife are really the lowest of the low.

:agree:

Complete sphincters.

Sir David Gray
22-05-2013, 08:23 AM

Do you not need to be born second to be the "wee brother" anyway? :confused:

Devilstorment
22-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Tell him to get a life :aok:

better yet, introduce him to that yam fud that made a league table with Hibs minus all the goals that Sparky scored. Sounds like they will be best pals